Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Assembling a Gaming Group?  (Read 1296 times)

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Assembling a Gaming Group?
« on: November 08, 2013, 10:55:39 pm »

So here's the deal, I'd like to get together a group of people to play games with on a regular basis, probably something like a weekly weekend thing.

I don't really have much in the way of games to suggest right now (though I love almost all varieties of games), or really have much of a plan for this at all, so I'd be open to suggestions.

Anyone interested?

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Assembling a Gaming Group?
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2013, 09:21:56 am »

I'd be interested but it might be worth bringing up timezones. That's usually the limiting factor for me. I can usually game somewhere between 11pm and 2am AST.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2013, 12:49:35 pm »

Sounds good.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2013, 10:42:42 am »

There's a few Steam groups that have tried this. I think the problem is that we've failed to really consolidate, and few people in each group means that group eventually flakes out.

I would suggest if you are interested, talk to Kael who, I think, runs DFC in Steam (Dwarf Fortress Community) and try to get permissions to host events. That's the biggest group, and probably the best way to get visibility, a meet-up location, and recruit more people.

Doctor Blood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2013, 04:33:38 pm »

Hey I'm in! I'll be on quite frequently!
Jumping into a waterfall to get water is Spectacular.

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2013, 05:32:46 pm »

There's a few Steam groups that have tried this. I think the problem is that we've failed to really consolidate, and few people in each group means that group eventually flakes out.

I would suggest if you are interested, talk to Kael who, I think, runs DFC in Steam (Dwarf Fortress Community) and try to get permissions to host events. That's the biggest group, and probably the best way to get visibility, a meet-up location, and recruit more people.

QFT.
Also, EST gamer here, available most afternoons or evenings with 48h notice. Shorter notice may or may not work.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2013, 02:43:22 pm »

Register on the DF Community Steam group. It usually has 10+ people on chat, which is sometimes useful for recruiting or advertising some games that you are playing.

There was a parallel attempt with Bay 12 Community Games, that I don't think is particularly active.

Then there are a few isolated groups for specific games, like when Bay12 decided it was going to play Guns of Icarus (group), which was rad for a while; and the Bay 12 Battletech group.

I'd definitely go for DFC though. Best place to start, though a bit spammy at times.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2013, 03:59:56 pm »

Billiards? Tennis? Pinocle? D&D? There's lots of games out there to play.