Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should the Arena Work?

A victory Condition to "win" A round
 Kill them alll! be last man standing, and Waitlisters come in each round.
Teamdeathmatch?
Team Capture?
King of the Hill?
Suggestion?

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30

Author Topic: Metamorphician III: THE ARENA.  (Read 31473 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Metamorphician III: THE ARENA.
« Reply #420 on: December 02, 2013, 10:04:54 pm »

Angel finnaly reachs the Light ball thing! its supper glowy! then you suddenly get the ability Deaths door  phycic blast!
Figure out what that ability is.

Touch the ball again.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: December 02, 2013, 10:23:52 pm »

((Wait wait wait. Even though I AM the object, I don't gain any of the properties of said object? That seems a bit useless.))

Fuckign...Roll away, attempt to break wall of arena. This has to be some kind of cover-up.
((you will be sharp, heavy, but you did not speciiy the materail, so i assume it was flesh :P but if you want you can be a rock, but were the same color of a rock.))
((Question: If someone says 'Boulder' do you immediately thing 'BALL OF FLESH'?))
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: December 03, 2013, 01:30:55 am »

Scan intentions of the people behind this Arena.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

kero42

• Bay Watcher
  • Das sind mir unbekannte Blumen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: December 03, 2013, 12:03:30 pm »

((Wait wait wait. Even though I AM the object, I don't gain any of the properties of said object? That seems a bit useless.))

Fuckign...Roll away, attempt to break wall of arena. This has to be some kind of cover-up.
((you will be sharp, heavy, but you did not speciiy the materail, so i assume it was flesh :P but if you want you can be a rock, but were the same color of a rock.))
((Question: If someone says 'Boulder' do you immediately think 'BALL OF FLESH'?))
I have to agree with Greenstar here, that was an intentionally twisted move on your part. Does the mutation say he has to specify the boulder be made of what everyone KNOWS a boulder is made of? If so, it is your job as GM to say so.* If he wanted to be a tree should he specify that it be made of wood and have leaves, or would you be sensible enough to know that a tree is made of wood and has leaves without him spoon-feeding the information to you? If GWG said they wanted to heal Greenstars wounds, would you be a jerk and say that because they didn't specify which wounds, they would only get to heal a scrapped knee? Or if they said they wanted to telepathicly lift a truck would you make it slam into the ceiling because they didn't say what height to hold it at?

EDIT:

*which you didn't

-cut to relevant section-

and this alexi can mimic into any immoblie object, up to 4x its size and can be as small as the smallest thing it can see.

That is all you said about the mutation.[/s]
[/s]
Edit2: Having calmed down a bit, I would like to apologise for being so much of a prick here, and make a tiny gesture of reparation.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 02:20:42 pm by kero42 »
Something I find interesting and thought I should share: DF from scratch: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=127552.0

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: December 03, 2013, 12:09:46 pm »

Jeegus, don't be so harsh on him. It could've been an honest mistake. Wer6 can just make him a boulder and make my attack have been ineffective.

Run away since he can't do anything as a boulder!

kero42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: December 03, 2013, 12:16:51 pm »

:-[. Sorry, I suppose its been a long a day and I'm on a rather short fuse right now.

wer6, I'd like to apologise for my rash and (to be frank) overly aggressive response. As a gesture of my apology, I would like to request I be put at the bottom of our (albeit small) waiting list. Not much, but I think it would be best I go cool off for a bit. Sorry again. I honestly should try to be more in control of my impulses, especially since you do so well in providing this daily source of entertainment.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 12:25:54 pm by kero42 »
Something I find interesting and thought I should share: DF from scratch: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=127552.0

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: December 03, 2013, 12:24:40 pm »

Yes "honest mistake", sure anyone with half a brain could figure out what is meant by
Ha, nope! Turn into a boulder! Because why not.
Not to gang up on Wer6, don't care much about one of the actual threats becoming weakened (Green should have just concentrated anyway to become invulnerable), but that defense you just made is weak, all it does is insinuate Wer6 is an idiot.
If you are going to defend someone come up with a proper defence.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: December 03, 2013, 12:37:51 pm »

:-[. Sorry, I suppose its been a long a day and I'm on a rather short fuse right now.

wer6, I'd like to apologise for my rash and (to be frank) overly aggressive response. As a gesture of my apology, I would like to request I be put at the bottom of our (albeit small) waiting list. Not much, but I think it would be best I go cool off for a bit. Sorry again. I honestly should try to be more in control of my impulses, especially since you do so well in providing this daily source of entertainment.
I would also like to apologize for being a bit blunt in my response. But the fact still stands. Boulders often aren't made of flesh unless you're playing Castlevania.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: December 03, 2013, 12:59:17 pm »

Neither of you need to apologize, Wer6 is the one in the wrong, your anger at his action whether it was through a stupid mistake as Dark suggests or as a stupid joke as I think it is, is fair enough.

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: December 03, 2013, 01:24:58 pm »

Kero, Green, you don't need to apologize, you have a right to state your grievances to wer6. Yes, he should've acknowledged that a boulder is indeed made of stone and not flesh. I cannot state on his behalf but out of good faith I assume he meant it as some kind of joke.

Cain, I ask you respectfully to draw down here. Wer6 is not an "idiot" for his statements; besides, he can always correct himself when needed. Let the GM fix the mistake and move on.

-Artemis

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: December 03, 2013, 01:38:17 pm »

I didn't say he was, said your defense insinuated he was.  I think he is perfectly reasonable, your defense was my issue.

Edit:To elaborate before you fly off your handle due to your misunderstanding, your defense didn't do a good job of defending him, I pointed out the flaw in your defense. Maybe read my post instead of just skimming and taking note of four words.
Edit2:Maybe take a glance at my second post while you are at it.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 01:46:10 pm by Cain12 »

kero42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: December 03, 2013, 02:17:00 pm »

Woooo.

Because I don't see this line of discussion ending well, and because I feel partially responsible (and guilty) for stirring it up, I would like to suggest we put it to an end:

Cain, while I understand what you meant (and that you meant well), it was a little vague, so you can hardly blame Artemis for mis-reading it.

Artemis, I think what Cain meant was that your defence of wer6 could be read in a way that implied he was stupid, not that Cain himself thought so. I'm sure you didn't mean that at all, but I can understand how Cain could read it that way. And his second post did clarify that he agreed it was a joke. (somewhat ashamed I didn't cotton on to that in the first place  :-[)

So really, I suppose it's one of those silly mutual misunderstandings (of which we all share mutual blame). I hope we can all put this unfortunate incident behind us, and play cordially from now on.

(Gosh, tone in text is so hard to read/convey, I'm sure a misunderstanding like this wouldn't happen in person. I honestly feel quite horrible for starting such an argument with my careless (and stupid) remarks. I sincerely hope I haven't ruined this experience for you lot.)

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: December 03, 2013, 02:21:59 pm »

(Poe's law, I guess. And I agree, which is why I didn't reply further after that.)

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: December 03, 2013, 02:46:11 pm »

Sure nothing to do with "us" making a mistake and "us" being to proud to admit it after re-reading "each others" posts.  ;)
Just kidding, know when to end an argument, both misunderstood each other I guess, only meant to point out what you implied.

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #434 on: December 08, 2013, 08:43:35 am »

Post coming up ((We have the nechnology, we can necromance him))
Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30