Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Woodcrafter cancel Construct clear glass Blocks: needs sand-bearing item  (Read 1991 times)

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
Re: Woodcrafter cancel Construct clear glass Blocks: needs sand-bearing item
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2013, 07:50:28 pm »

Sometimes things made from different materials have different names even though they're the exact same item in terms of function.

Glass box, stone coffer, fabric bag, leather bag. All are still placed using (b) (h).
Glass for tubes, everything else for pipe sections.
Glass for terrariums, everything else for cages.

Cabinets are a different class of furniture, being built with (b) (f).

Since your mayor almost certainly has a preference for clear glass, you can use the block as part of a building in his room if you can't think of anything else to do with it. Make him his own personal Ashery, complete with wooden bucket* and barrel, and let him further use the burnt remains of those elf-loved trees.

*Or a clear glass bucket, if you can manage to get just the right mooding dwarf. I think you can get an artifact clear glass barrel, too.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Larix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Woodcrafter cancel Construct clear glass Blocks: needs sand-bearing item
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2013, 08:38:16 pm »

I think that to make your noble happiest with a plain old glass block, the best thing would be to build something requiring architecture from it - a furnace, well, screw pump or trade depot. Yes, if you're careful not to demolish your main depot and have enough space in the noble's dwellings, you can give them their 'own fantastic trade depot' to admire; at least i think so, haven't tried with that one yet, but admiring an 'own' screw pump or siege engine is absolutely possible.

A wood furnace, kiln or glass furnace (all required in making clear glass) would certainly be appropriate.

P.S.: and for the purpose of mandates and room requirements, bags are completely sufficient. A monarch may require ten "chests", but will be content when they're acknowledged as owner of ten 'built' woollen bags in a locked broom closet somewhere, as long as the broom closet also contains a bed and is assigned as extra (unusable on account of being locked/walled off/flooded) bedroom.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 08:41:48 pm by Larix »
Pages: 1 [2]