Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 504 505 [506] 507 508 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1126299 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Photon Carnage
« Reply #7575 on: April 18, 2018, 12:19:14 pm »

Campaign, Ike!

"Man, delegating all this planning bullshit was a great decision."

"So yeah! I'll go capture that airfield no problem, you guys just watch."

Imma lead that infiltration team! Aw yeah!

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7576 on: April 18, 2018, 02:09:02 pm »

((A simple map of the village would help, if you have the time to draw one.))

Wrap a thick layer of padding around the potion. Don't want it breaking.

Add one final simple but important improvement to musket: a bayonet.

"Who wants the boomstick? It has too much recoil for me."
Give musket to whoever wants it. If no one claims it then give it to an especially sharp eyed and steady handed recruit.

If the alchemist wants it then say:
"Okay. But you have to be willing to use it. Either use it or give it to someone who will."
Battle planning:
Have the recruits set up a wagon fort like they are trained for. Layers of wagon, barricade, trench, and traps. With most of the defenses facing the city.

Set up all our artillery weapons (trebuchet, lightning cannon, and crossbow with special bolts) in a row. Have recruits operating each one. Aim for the spire, airship, front gate, and sovereign camp. Use ice bolts for the crossbow until Irene starts her assault, then switch to fire bolts.

When Zech calls and all the civilians are free Nikolai will tsar the first one, point his magic sword at the enemy and yell "Fire!". Then he will move on to the next and do the same. By the time he is done tsaring the last artillery the first one should be reloaded. Cycle through them and launch an overwhelmingly powerful and rapid barrage of tsar artillery.

Have a few squads prepared to charge in when Irene does, including a water mage (the defensive one).
The squads supporting Irene should have some fire starting stuff to help her ramp up her fire. Torches, fire arrows, molotovs.

Give Zech's group a mystifying mirage. Also a paralysis grenade, some sleeping gas bolts and some monsterbird talon arrows. Make sure Ike donates his mystifying mirage.
Make sure Zech brings two water mages (definitely stealth, probably jack), and fills the rest of the 8 slots with recruits.
Make sure they all have as many knives and other small weapons as they can easily carry, to give to the civilians.

Make sure Ike's airfield group is properly equipped. Staff slings hurling rocks, bombs, or molotovs would probably be very effective at destroying the gliders. The majority of the recruits should be with Ike.
They should also bring along a water mage (probably attack).
Also whoever has the musket, and whoever has that monster hunter spear Nik gave away. (Those are the only two notably good weapons I can think of in recruit hands.)
Give Ike an explosive bolt or two in case he personally has to shoot down a glider.

Edit: Theri and River will be going with Ike's group.

Send a small squad of recruits to flank around behind the city. Keep an eye on the road. Ambush any messengers or anyone trying to leave or enter the city, or at least warn us of reinforcements. They don't have commwires, but send that one guy with the fast horse.

"Biggest question now is what Theri does. She could help Zech infiltrate, or help Ike attack the airfield, or help the small team that is ambushing behind the city. I expect River will stay with Theri."

((Roughly how many recruits, and how many water mages, and how many wagons do we have by now? Just looking for a rough estimate.))
« Last Edit: April 21, 2018, 09:27:51 am by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7577 on: April 18, 2018, 03:38:54 pm »

My plan is to, after going to fox-form for the evening assault anyway, clean out the influence between us and the base while people are being sneaky. When the time comes, be it dawn or a signal from the infil team, I'm going to start and grow a lot of fire. A whole lot of it. Once there's a large volume to draw from,
I'll be flooding the entrance area to the village with it, brute-forcing my way through any wards, walls, traps, etc, and cleanseing the area with a sea of flame. When allies need a retreat path I'll part it for them to let them out (or in), and once the all-clear is sent if there is still opposing force, then I'll advance the flame bath to the problem area. I am aware that this will destroy anything valuable in the affected areas, and Identifying what to NOT burn is part of the role of the infiltration teams.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7578 on: April 18, 2018, 05:00:22 pm »

"Please don't incinerate the airship if you don't really have to. Also please don't destroy the city too much, we're just trying to drive the sovreigns out not destroy the city."
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7579 on: April 18, 2018, 05:08:31 pm »

"Make it friendly before I get started. If it's hostile,
It's gone."
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7580 on: April 18, 2018, 05:13:22 pm »

"If it's in the air, fine, burn it. But if it's on the ground you leave it alone!"

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7581 on: April 18, 2018, 05:20:09 pm »

"Okay."

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #7582 on: April 19, 2018, 02:23:43 am »

((@NAV: Is your Artillery barrage also going to specifically Target the airship or just the center of town in general? And is the plan as I understand it to wait until nightfall, send Zechariah to infiltrate the city and try to rescue the civilians while Ike takes out the airfield, attack when one of them is detected or both report objective complete?

You have 4 water mages, one focused on attack, one on defense, one on stealth and one Jack of all trades. Don't think their focus means they're only good for one thing, just means they're better at that (a bit higher bonus).

I don't keep exact numbers of soldiers but you had 10 wagons (-1 that got turned into a trebuchet) so let's say around 15 recruits per wagon, so good for about 10 squads (I'm assuming you'll want smaller more independent units instead of going for large phalanx-style battle lines).

Your enemy is a bit less so let's say 75-125 based on your estimates. They have around 30 stationed at the airfield barracks and the rest are scattered throughout the town, mostly centered around the central plaza and the front gate.

I'll try to draw a map and summarize your plan for a final confirmation when I have the time.

Edit: This poster reminded me of Nikolai: https://m.imgur.com/a/87cvQ))
« Last Edit: April 19, 2018, 08:32:21 am by Parisbre56 »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #7583 on: April 19, 2018, 08:02:15 am »

“Eh. Nice meds are fine.
So how much will it cost?”
check what other kinds of goodies I can get
"That will be 50$ my good sir. But you can always get them free of charge if you agree to participate in one of the promotions provided by our sponsors."

This here place has a very large selection of goods. The shelves behind him are stocked with containers filled with various liquids, some looking like alcohol bottles while others look more like the sort of implements a scientist would use, beakers and test tubes. Through the counter's display case you can see everything from drugs to chunks of meat to fruits and vegetables. Around the rest of the store are various curiosities. A rocket-powered bicycle, a very reflective sombrero, a pair of super-bouncy sneakers, a big flashlight, a self-driving battle-segway, a pair of X-ray glasses, a fish-attracting trident, a nigh inexhaustable battery, an irresistable cologne... And what's more there's even more boxes in the storage area in the back.

I've already told you what I want:

Best not to head out on a mission without a good stabby boi. Buying a dedicated murder knife, preferably concealable and with a guard to parrying.

If I can afford it and know where to go, I'll also get a cheap pistol. I don't care if it explodes three shots in, bullets are bullets.

Additions to my wishlist: Air mask (With a tank, not a filter. so that I can be slightly less very dead if I end up in space somehow.) and handcuffs. Provided I can reasonably conceal those and afford them.

Backup plan if sneaky espionage fails is to hold the guy up with my gun, cuff him, make him tell me where the whatever thing is, and stick him in a closet so that I have a head start on getting it.

Then head to the place and just walk down the hall, "listening" for interesting intents. Do I know the specific room?

((I'm sorry, Yu is deaf.))

You buy the high quality combat knife for 50 glibdrags and attach it to your belt, hiding it underneath your shirt. You also get a pair of old handcuffs for 5, they look quite sturdy despite the faded fur covering. You stuff them in your back pocket and hope nobody will notice. That done, you get out of the market as quickly as you can.

You have no idea what this Newcomer guy might do, he might even try to breach the walls into one of the flooded areas or one of the airless areas. With that in mind you go to the local merchant that crafts equipment for surviving such areas. When you get there he informs you that he doesn't have anything available at the moment. He has an old helmet he's been repairing but that's not much better than holding your breath without an air tank or an air-pump and a long tube attached to it.

You find that hard to believe. You question him further but you don't get more than "business suddenly picked up this cyclestart". Either someone is paying him not to give anyone any equipment or someone did indeed buy everything and paid him a little extra to keep quiet.

Finally, you go meet that guy you know that sells spice. He's dealing in this area without the psychic maggot's permission, so he's got to have at least one gun. He should be able to tell you where he got it, maybe even sell you one if you're lucky. You find his lookout (one of those many-eyed insect things) hanging around on one of the dark corners of the 20th, as usual. You gesture towards it and it leads you to an old hole in the wall, an abandoned house by the looks of it. You find him inside with some sort of parasite attached to his eyes. Remote sight or shared sight probably, judging by how unsurprised he is by your sudden appearance.

He greets you like a friend and after the customary 'long-time no-see' he moves on to trying to determine what kind of spice you want to buy. You ask him if he can get you a gun and quickly. He asks you what kind of trouble you've gotten yourself into, playfully at first but more seriously when you don't answer his question. You don't think he's going to give you the gun unless you give him an answer.

"So, what do you think we're supposed to steal from the vault for our mysterious patron?" you ask as you position you doll to open the door.
"No idea. I'm betting whatever it is, it's going to be dangerous." Jack says as he takes position on the other side of the door and readies his last two club cards.
The moment you give the signal, Jack transforms the cards into two somewhat crowbar-shaped clubs. Knowing that such transformation won't last long, Jack quickly throws one to your doll and then immediately moves to use his.
"These things tend to get ridiculously difficult." he says between grunts as he and the doll try to make the door budge.
You help the doll synchronize its motions with him. Their combined strength is enough to break something inside the door's mechanism and allow them to start opening it.
"I'd say we've been lucky so fa-UCK!" Jack transforms his last word into a swear as the crowbar dematerializes and he falls on his butt.
"Only my first challenge was somewhat easy. The rest were as difficult as you described." he adds as he gets up and goes to inspect what's through the door.
"So, what were they like?" you ask him as he squeezes through the small opening.
"Oh, you know, nothing hard. Just getting to an exit door, sometimes having to unlock it first."

You squeeze through the opening yourself and take a look around. The area beyond is quite absurd for a safe. The safe itself is merely a giant cube containing a great structure, with stairs leading down to its level. The structure is cylindrical, about 4 storeys high and made of stone (probably marble). The entire building excpet for the side facing you is covered with great cables and giant pipes coming out of the walls, some of them making their way inside the building through holes in the stone. The side facing you has a great wooden door on it instead.

Beyond some emergency lights near the elevator and some blinking lights scattered around the walls, it's quite dark in here. Normally you'd worry about triggering any alarms but at this point you've probably triggered every alarm you could, so there's probably not much point in being careful.

Something about this entire thing (and the door in particular) gives you a bad feeling but you don't think you have much choice in the matter. It looks like whoever designed this challenge wants you to enter this strange building within a vault.

"Wait, which is it? Were they hard or not hard?"
"Well, uh, you know what I mean, the objectives themselves were not difficult. I mean, not complicated. But getting to them was."
"Why is that?"
Jack sighs, sounding a bit angry for the first time since you met him.
"Come on, do we really have to keep talking about this right now? We are in danger, we have people after us, we have a job to do. When we're done we can chat to your heart's content." he says, trying to evade your question as he goes down the stairs and approaches the door.
Hm.

♚The Doll Prince: Behind Closed Doors♚

"Fair enough then," Napoleon muttered in resignation before focusing on the big wooden door below.

Making use of his superior intellect and perception, Napoleon has notice that Jack's story was a bit... odd. Now that he thought of it, if what Jack said about his previous challenge was true then it sounded like he had it easy. Sure getting to the place could've been difficult but winning a poker championship for the third time seems like a cinch if Jack really has the ability to win at card games. While Napoleon fought for his life during his first trial in which his ability and plans were being turned against him, this self-proclaimed 'King of Card Games' was no doubt facing challenges that seemed to be tailored to him. Finally, the bit about his powers just sort of manifesting without any explanation and his refusal to speak of it further got his attention. Though it could be possible that powers like that could manifest a la 'X-men style', most people wouldn't feel too ashamed to discuss it further. Besides, Napoleon is a dollish man who has the ability to summon dolls to do his bidding, an ability that can't be considered by most men to be less embarrassing than the ability to use spells based around playing cards! Though Napoleon has taken care not to be too open with Jack in case he ultimately can't be trusted, he can't help but to ponder if this should be taken much further, as least while this many red flags are popping up. In the best case scenario, Jack's just too embarrassed by his trials to discuss it with a stranger he'd just met an hour or so ago. Understandably, Napoleon himself would've acted the same way too. Worst case scenario, Jack's story could be nothing but a facade and he's actually a crook who plans to betray him and take the object for himself, which would be a shame since he kind of liked Jack.

To determine what kind of person Jack ultimately is, Napoleon made a mental note to pay closer attention to everything Jack says and does without alerting him. Whether he is genuinely a fellow pawn who's just more lucky than himself or a double-crosser looking for a sacrificial lamb, it's quite obvious that they both need each other to get the item the Queen wants and to get out of here alive. Whatever vindications or betrayals that will happen will happen once this is all over and if Jack turns out to be a traitor then Napoleon will see to it that he regrets it. After all, he is the Doll Prince and his judgment is absolute.

In the meantime, a door needs to be breached.

Enter the strange tower provided that the door is unlocked. If locked, morph the 'twisted doll's' right hand into a large axe-like implement and hack the door to pieces. In either case, move the doll in front of Napoleon and Jack to absorb the brunt of any attacks that may suddenly erupt.
You have the doll open the door and proceed through the dark corridor beyond. There is a similar door in the other side of the corridor, which you guess is your objective.

As you walk you notice there are doors with metal bars that remind you of prison cell doors. 4 of them in total. Jack pauses and approaches one of them to try to discern what's inside them. He quickly dodges backwards. A moment later a mouth full of teeth snaps closed where his head was.
"Damn thing!" he shouts at it angrily.
The 2 creatures in the cell growl and snap their teeth at him in response. Similar growls are echoed from the other cells. Now that you can see them somewhat better, this monster reminds you of a mix between a rat and a dog. Its body is more or less exactly like a giant rat's, including the long nearly hairless tail and hand-like paws. But its head, its body language and especially its teeth remind you that of a dog.

Jack looks at you and motions towards the cell.
"What do you say? Can you summon some dolls on the other side and have them deal with those things? I bet we're going to have to fight them sooner or later, so we might as well kill them when they can't fight back."
"Maybe. Or maybe she'll see us killing them and open the cell doors. Then  we'll be stuck here, surrounded, with nowhere to run."
Jack shrugs.
"Hey man, your choice. I'm just making a suggestion. I ain't gonna waste what few cards I have left on them."

There are things coming out of the creatures, machines attached to their body with wires and red tubes leading away from them. You lean closer to the cage, tracing the wires and tubes to a machine attached to one of the walls.
"I wonder what they are doing here... Why have those things in a casino vault? What purpose..."
"I already told you man, this place is fake. There is no purpose to it beyond being here for us. It's just scenery made for this challenge."
"Even the scenery in a play must have some logic behind it."

Maximus: Medical Station, Automated Treatment Section

Brian Hoss, Maximus

Move close enough to the thing for it to react, then avoid that radius if it proves immobile and violent.
 If safe, move to the automated treatment machines.

<Svajoklis, Maximus medbay>

Move to the automated treatment machines. If the fleshball finds a way to move with enough speed to possibly reach us, shoot it.
Kosak Durar:
"Ugh... must be an acquired taste."

Finish that bottle, then grab a few more plus syringes for later use. Then catch up with my team. Anything need punching?
The team slowly advances through the hallway, trying to keep its distance from the giant humanoid. They remain vigilant, pointing their guns and fists towards it, ready to fight or run. As they cross some unseen threshold the creature finally takes notice of them. It starts moving its limbs with slow and aimless movements. The team pauses and gets ready.

There is a hum. The creature spasms and then stops moving.
: Subject 39. Suppression attempt 1 successful. Reversal attempt 326 failed. : a mechanical voice announces through every speaker in the Medical Station.
The creature remains still. A few seconds later it starts moving again and the same scene plays out: it spasms, it stops moving and the mechanical voice announces the results.
: Subject 39. Suppression attempt 1 successful. Reversal attempt 327 failed. :
This continues without much change.
You decide to move on. A few seconds after leaving the creature's vicinity it stops moving and the voice stops announcing results.

The Automated Treatment Section has apparently seen heavy use. There is a lot of blood and some bodies. However, based on the data from a dead body that has a black box in it, they didn't die here. They must have died during the fighting and then brought here in the hopes that the machines could bring them back to life. There's also a rather disturbing Automated Treatment Machine that apparently mutilated something. There's nothing left but torn flesh and a ridiculous amount of coagulated blood splattered on the walls or floating in the air, too much for it to have come from a single human.

You find one of the cleaner looking machines and start using it one by one. The procedure goes more or less like this:

So, it looks like you need to retrieve some extra bits before the machine can fully heal you. Luckily the storage room is nearby.

You make your way to prosthetic storage and retrieve the necessary kits. Then you move on to emergency aid supplies. Brian makes a quick check with his eyes before entering the room. He's about to give the all clear when he notices some blood and bits of bone fragments. Taking a closer look around that area, he discovers that there is a creature hiding in a closet close to the back of the storage area, altering the colour of its skin to match its surroundings. It looks a bit larger than a human, it has 4 spider-like legs that it uses to cling to a wall and a single giant eye.

You're certain this is one of those creatures that were fighting the security personell, but you don't remember them changing colours in the footage you saw. You remember this kind of creature is quite dangerous, puncing on people and using its strong arms to rip things apart. The thing is most likely waiting here, ambushing anyone who comes looking for treatment. Good thing Brian checked the room before entering or it would had probably jumped you too.

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #7584 on: April 19, 2018, 08:55:51 am »

“Ohhh boxes!”
“Hey, what do these meds do again?”
open the boxes, pay the $50

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7585 on: April 19, 2018, 02:49:33 pm »

<Svajoklis, Maximus medbay>

"I am this close to having two arms again, I refuse more delays"

Go closer to the closet with invisible foe, pointing shotgun at it. When the door opens, shoot it.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7586 on: April 20, 2018, 01:43:42 pm »

Brian Hoss, Maximus
Enlarge my eyes over that thing.

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7587 on: April 20, 2018, 03:40:32 pm »

Zechariah was very internally conflicted about the inevitability of the ritual sacrifice, but this time he knew that, ultimately, there was just nothing that they could do. Attempting to infiltrate right now to save the civilians would absolutely result in them getting caught out of position and potentially getting everyone killed. With so many people counting on them - including other civilians in the outer area - it would be more than foolish to attempt an off-the-cuff rescue like that. He didn't want to see those people die, but he wasn't a god.

"It... it really hurts to think that those people will be sacrificed. But there's nothing we can possibly do without getting ourselves killed in the process, and other people around here need our help.

"I think you're right, Nikolai. Give me any stealth items we have. I suspect that the energy of our mages and myself will be detectable at some point. If they're not aware of us already, we need to avoid giving out hints of our arrival. This also means that my team will need to move as fast as possible. I'm about ninety percent sure that once my team secures the civilians, the central guards will have noticed us. I'll then communicate to you and Irine that the assault must begin. Even if we don't get spotted, Ike's team will absolutely cause havoc.

"Irine, I will give you a warning when I believe we will have made our presence known. At that time, you should start focusing on getting ready for immediate attack. We need to catch them off guard before they can fortify. We can attempt to secure the airship after the assault begins. Speaking of which, who is going to secure the airship? My group, or Ike's? I think Ike should, as I will have civilians with me who I will need to secure or potentially evacuate when the fighting starts."

((Battle plan to be edited in here later))

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7588 on: April 20, 2018, 05:48:44 pm »

((@NAV: Is your Artillery barrage also going to specifically Target the airship or just the center of town in general? And is the plan as I understand it to wait until nightfall, send Zechariah to infiltrate the city and try to rescue the civilians while Ike takes out the airfield, attack when one of them is detected or both report objective complete?

You have 4 water mages, one focused on attack, one on defense, one on stealth and one Jack of all trades. Don't think their focus means they're only good for one thing, just means they're better at that (a bit higher bonus).

I don't keep exact numbers of soldiers but you had 10 wagons (-1 that got turned into a trebuchet) so let's say around 15 recruits per wagon, so good for about 10 squads (I'm assuming you'll want smaller more independent units instead of going for large phalanx-style battle lines).

Your enemy is a bit less so let's say 75-125 based on your estimates. They have around 30 stationed at the airfield barracks and the rest are scattered throughout the town, mostly centered around the central plaza and the front gate.

I'll try to draw a map and summarize your plan for a final confirmation when I have the time.

Edit: This poster reminded me of Nikolai: https://m.imgur.com/a/87cvQ))
I consider my priority of targets 1: the spire, 2: the airship, 3: the front gate and 4: the central camp.

Start artillery only when Zech and the civilians are safe. By safe I mean not close to anywhere I'm bombarding. That's the only condition. I'm not gonna bombard innocent civilians when they can be rescued, not a sociopath/psychopath.
If Zech gets caught, well we're just gonna have to improvise.

I am editing my battle planning post a bit. Mostly to account for water mages.

Trying to read that poster makes my brain and eyes hurt.

Zechariah was very internally conflicted about the inevitability of the ritual sacrifice, but this time he knew that, ultimately, there was just nothing that they could do. Attempting to infiltrate right now to save the civilians would absolutely result in them getting caught out of position and potentially getting everyone killed. With so many people counting on them - including other civilians in the outer area - it would be more than foolish to attempt an off-the-cuff rescue like that. He didn't want to see those people die, but he wasn't a god.

"It... it really hurts to think that those people will be sacrificed. But there's nothing we can possibly do without getting ourselves killed in the process, and other people around here need our help.

"I think you're right, Nikolai. Give me any stealth items we have. I suspect that the energy of our mages and myself will be detectable at some point. If they're not aware of us already, we need to avoid giving out hints of our arrival. This also means that my team will need to move as fast as possible. I'm about ninety percent sure that once my team secures the civilians, the central guards will have noticed us. I'll then communicate to you and Irine that the assault must begin. Even if we don't get spotted, Ike's team will absolutely cause havoc.

"Irine, I will give you a warning when I believe we will have made our presence known. At that time, you should start focusing on getting ready for immediate attack. We need to catch them off guard before they can fortify. We can attempt to secure the airship after the assault begins. Speaking of which, who is going to secure the airship? My group, or Ike's? I think Ike should, as I will have civilians with me who I will need to secure or potentially evacuate when the fighting starts."

"Securing the airship isn't important anymore. Too difficult to reach from the ground and saving those people is much higher priority. We will knock it out of the sky with my artillery and hopefully its not too broken to get flying again. Just focus on getting in, saving the civilians, and getting out. We're saving everyone we can."

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
  • The sword cuts with finality when guided by wisdom
    • View Profile
« Reply #7589 on: April 20, 2018, 09:57:43 pm »

You have the doll open the door and proceed through the dark corridor beyond. There is a similar door in the other side of the corridor, which you guess is your objective.

As you walk you notice there are doors with metal bars that remind you of prison cell doors. 4 of them in total. Jack pauses and approaches one of them to try to discern what's inside them. He quickly dodges backwards. A moment later a mouth full of teeth snaps closed where his head was.
"Damn thing!" he shouts at it angrily.
The 2 creatures in the cell growl and snap their teeth at him in response. Similar growls are echoed from the other cells. Now that you can see them somewhat better, this monster reminds you of a mix between a rat and a dog. Its body is more or less exactly like a giant rat's, including the long nearly hairless tail and hand-like paws. But its head, its body language and especially its teeth remind you that of a dog.

Jack looks at you and motions towards the cell.
"What do you say? Can you summon some dolls on the other side and have them deal with those things? I bet we're going to have to fight them sooner or later, so we might as well kill them when they can't fight back."
"Maybe. Or maybe she'll see us killing them and open the cell doors. Then  we'll be stuck here, surrounded, with nowhere to run."
Jack shrugs.
"Hey man, your choice. I'm just making a suggestion. I ain't gonna waste what few cards I have left on them."

There are things coming out of the creatures, machines attached to their body with wires and red tubes leading away from them. You lean closer to the cage, tracing the wires and tubes to a machine attached to one of the walls.
"I wonder what they are doing here... Why have those things in a casino vault? What purpose..."
"I already told you man, this place is fake. There is no purpose to it beyond being here for us. It's just scenery made for this challenge."
"Even the scenery in a play must have some logic behind it."

♚The Doll Prince: Freaks of Nature Mad Science!♚

Napoleon rubbed his chin thoughtfully. Those red lines remind him of tubing used in hospitals for blood transfusions and dialysis and of the like. Also, those machines on their backs and the one attached to the wall seemed to be essential to their continued survival, otherwise they wouldn't be there. Lastly, the unholy fusion of the creatures' canine and rodent traits immediately eliminated them as being naturally occurring. Needless to say, Napoleon felt a deep sense of foreboding welling up inside of him.

"This is no ordinary casino," Napoleon breathed as he held the pistol tightly. "In fact, I'm quite sure that the Queen's Tower Casino is just a front for a secret laboratory. Why else would they build this massive structure underneath a casino just to house a vault? Merde, this changes everything."

Looking at the door before them, Napoleon took a deep breath. "Whatever that awaits us inside may be even more unnerving than brutish security personnel. First, then put these... things out of their misery. If we make sure the door is behind us, we can avoid getting completely surrounded."

Go to the door ahead of them. Before entering, put the rat-dog abominations out of their misery by shooting at the machine on the wall. If the machine's destruction doesn't cause the creatures to die, put each down with a bullet to the head. In case the gates open, summon a wall of tough dolls around Napoleon and Jack to hold off the creatures while he kill them. If Napoleon misses the machine after a few shots but the gates don't open, conserve ammo and enter through the door behind them.
Pages: 1 ... 504 505 [506] 507 508 ... 521