Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 485 486 [487] 488 489 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1128028 times)

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Photon Carnage
« Reply #7290 on: January 31, 2018, 04:16:54 pm »

Walking Tank, Maximus

Saevus moves out as well.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #7291 on: February 01, 2018, 09:59:59 am »

Campaign: The Hills of Midnight

What Lenglon said. It's just talking with each others and NPCs until you decide to advance time. Which works out well for me since I don't have to force you to stop when it's time to resync with Ike. So don't worry, take your time.
Talk with my friends! Include Theri in the conversation too, Alan is an inclusive guy.
((Thanks guys :) I also apologize for the perceived tone in my earlier post >_> I was snappy because of really bad moods. Much ♥ and thanks a ton! :D I have good friends \o/))

Theri; Campaign
It has been a time since I saw Alan!...how did he get here when I didn't see him before, again?
Theri couldn't help but smile as she listened to Alan's silliness, playing with how many pronunciations and mispronunciations he gave her name in mind. She was resting with River-puppy after a good spar with one of the folks.
"I...I forgot the specifics, but it was connected to River and a major piece of power within this world that shouldn't be in it--oh wait, hold on. I'll think it out."

Theri recalled many snippets in the past, driven by association, especially having River by her side as the notions of 'hunt', 'compete', and 'assist' came to mind.

"It feels like a few years back--despite it being only weeks, not vague, but like a somewhat distant memory. Probably also due to being blasted by an explosion and then me reviving somewhere else. Oh! And speaking of horrible magics, I have to inform Irine and the rest, and Ike and Nikolai and- ok you get on here, hold on Alan. Just listen in on this."

Haviing placed River on her shoulders, she went first to Irine, who was nearby and with a few other folks. She waved hello before addressing Irine: "Sorry to interrupt your meeting, but I'd like to mention that we're nearing a small vale between the hills, near or on hostile territory. We have to prepare the people, and I would like to volunteer to be part of the vanguard; I can handle attacks better for others to take advantage of. Where's Ike and the others?"

Hello Irine! Hello Alan! Information time!
Also try to recall any gaps I have of what the objectives-in-current-context are, if there were any modifications.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #7292 on: February 01, 2018, 03:51:55 pm »

"You'll find your way out of here." she says, still smiling that knowing smile, clearly knowing more than she is telling you.
"Farewell and good luck."

With that, she raises her arms. Lines of green light escapes her body, assembling into a humanoid shape above her. The shape gives you one final salute and flies away, disappearing into the darkness within a few seconds. When you look down again you see your doll staring at you, now back to normal, once again connected to you and under your control. Or so you feel, anyway. Maybe she has left some surprise for you, just waiting for the most inconvenient moment to spring it to you.

You approach the burning building. The heat is unbearable. You raise your hand to protect your face and eyes and try to grab a still burning plank. Even its non-burning portion is quite hot. You spend a few seconds shaking your hand after burning it. You revise your plan and use a piece of cloth to grab the plank instead, using it as an insulator.

You quickly move away from the burning building, not wanting to risk staying close to it more than you have to. As you walk away, you notice that several more lights have appeared while you were turned around, leading away from your current position. Old gas lamps have lit up, creating spots of light in the darkness. They reveal a path going away, ending on a small door against a great wall. Your torch would be of great help should you choose to follow it, helping light the way in the dark patches between the lamps.

(I like the way Harry and Xantalos title their posts and have considered doing something similar.)

*A Doll Prince's Journey Begins*

"Some help you are," Napoleon grumbled bitterly. "Keep your secrets to yourself as long as you can. I'll figure them out soon enough."

Looking down to the doll before him, Napoleon made it move its limbs around a bit to check whether he actually has complete control over it. Satisfied, he banished it with a thought. Feeling as if a piece of himself that was once lost has returned, Napoleon felt a bit better and he then assessed his current situation. Perhaps the Queen didn't want him brought to her not just because she wants to toy with him some more but because she wants to see how he would function on his own. If that was true, then the test hasn't ended after all. He could've simply just passed the initiation and thus are being led to the next part of the test. The fact that those oil lamps spontaneously lit up a path to a door in the distance seemed to support that theory. No matter: Napoleon will deal with whatever obstacles that stand in his way. Though he lost the fight, Napoleon have learned his lesson from fighting Lady Amarante and isn't likely to fall for similar tactics that any potential enemies will use against him. If he had to drown in a flood of murderous dolls any who stand between him and this Queen he intend to meet, so be it. If she wants to use him as a pawn, so be it. After all, with a few clever moves, even a pawn can become a queen, the most powerful chess piece in the game. After all, he is the Doll Prince and he does not intend to fall through the cracks on the path to destiny.

Walk toward the door while being alert to any dangers along the way.
You walk through the darkness, using the torch to light the way. You follow the trail of lights to the door, ignoring any branches in the path.

The trip is a bit slow but uneventful. You reach the door, a heavy-looking wooden thing. There's an engraving of a cat on it, curiously poking her head inside a half-open chest. The wall is on a large white marble wall, you can't see where it ends. You turn the knob and try to push it open. It won't budge, doesn't even bend a little. You pull instead. The door opens. That was easy. If this was a test than its purpose is probably 'can this guy walk and make the most basic connections'. Through the door is a tiny room, more like a closet really or maybe a chimney since it has no roof. The only thing in it is a pair of bootprints engraved on the floor. You can barely stand in it.

((I assume you don't want to explore further, so...))

You step inside to get a better look at the walls, trying to judge how high they are. The door immediately slams shut behind you, forcing you the rest of the way in. You've barely pushed yourself off the wall when the floor starts going up. It feels more like the world is going down while you remain stationary, there's no wind, no acceleration, no noise. You can only tell you're moving through the moving patterns in the marble. Maybe it's just the wall displaying a different texture, like in a video game, but you don't feel like putting the theory to test. It's moving too fast, you could lose a finger.

A few seconds later you've risen above the wall, into the darkness beyond. From here you can see everything. You can see the burning building and the little path leading to the door, sure, but you can also see the buildings surrounding the fire and the small forest of dead trees surrounding those, as if lit by some omnidirectional light. Even your dying torch produces no shadows. You can see every bit of the area you were in, even the huge walls enclosing it. Like a dollhouse floating in the void.

You can also see where you're going from here. From below it doesn't look that impressive. Just a stone square with a small protrusion on one side. Soon you reach the square. The platform enters a small hole in one of the edges of the square, quite similar to the one you started in. You are once again in a tiny space with a single door. There's an engraving on it, a kitten playing with a cat, chasing her tail.

You open the door and go into the room beyond. It's fairly small and completely undecorated, just four walls extending upwards into darkness. There's a double door on your right, on the other side of the room. Unsurprisingly, there's another image involving cats on it, this time having a cat sleeping in the same box as a kitten. What breaks the pattern is that there's a quote engraved underneath it.
Quote from: Helen Keller
Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.

Directly opposite to you is an open door where a man has just walked out of. He's dressed in somewhat loose yet expensive-looking black clothes and wears grey mirrored sunglasses and a black baseball cap with a crown emblem stitched on it. A good portion of his face is covered by a short beard.

He stays silent for a moment, you can't read him easily without being able to clearly see his face. Then he starts walking towards you.
"Hi there! Jack Krank, King of Card Games." he introduces himself with a small wave.
He stops before reaching you and smiles.
"You're my 'friend'?"

Campaign, Ike!

"Sometimes you just gotta fight the power, my man. Does it really matter if you send them into a reverse ambush or you say you've got me held here and then we collectively slit their throats when they come check? Key thing really would be to make sure none of 'em live to tell the tale, eh?"

Propose we don't screw around with an ambush and just kill the lot of them in a clandestine fashion within the inn.

Or, failing that, just send the bastards on a wild goose chase instead. Really I'm just interested in getting back to the party reasonably unmolested and the rest is mostly just details.

In any case, deliver the WMD into this fellow's caring hands. Surely he'd know a good use for it.

"We could maybe slit their throat if they were unaware of your presence here. However right now they are in the process of sending a message to inform their superiors. Even if that message had never been sent, they would still send someone here to investigate after the Commandos cease reporting. And I really like this area, I would prefer it if I didn't have to move the Wandering Arms again so soon."

"The best outcome for me is for me to appear to be helping them. If they lose the fight but a few soldiers escape and report they lost despite my help, the blame will fall on them and on your strength, not on me. And if you lose the fight, well, I believe the benefits to me are obvious."

"But I can, of course, profess neutrality, do nothing and let you deal with this as you see fit. Consider it a show of good faith about our deal."
He makes a motion towards Grim.
"Grim, take Kaya and discreetly follow our new friends. Once you receive payment give them what they need."
Grim clearly doesn't like the sound of that.
"But sir! I-"
The Boss gives him an icy look. Grim grunts in defeat
"Yes sir." he relents.
"Good. If they get in a fight, stay out of it, they are not paying for our protection. And if they try to double cross us, make sure they receive appropriate punishment."
He could had given such instructions in secret, so he clearly intends for you to hear them.
"I bet Kaya will be ecstatic to hear that." Grim complains.
"You are free to go." the Boss says to you.
"Grim will show you the tunnel exit. That should leave the Commandos confused."
"I suggest you hurry. Your friend doesn't have long." he adds with indifference.

Oh, also, your brain vibrates. Looks like you have a call from Alan. Must be long-distance, you can barely hear him.

Alan, Attention Seeker

"Ike! Iiiiiike! Ike the spike! No? I mean you're busy and all, but I'm your pal? Oh wait, you're trying to get my eyes back, aren't you? Good on ya, bud! Go-getter, that's what you are! I'll leave ya to it, good job buddy. See ya around! Aha ha ha! Get it? Because you're getting my eyes."

Alan decides to talk to ... oh, he'd forgotten to talk to ... the non-burninatrix female in the party. Terri? Alan wasn't entirely sure, but he wasn't Alan for being uncertain, so he rolled with it.

"Heya Terri, what's cooking? Actually heck, that'd be more of an Irine joke. Get it? She burns things? Cooking? It's funny!

Anyway, how's it hanging? That just means what's popping, which means what's good, which means what's cool, which means what's topical,
 which is a roundabout way of asking what's currently hip in your vicinity, all of which are pretty much just different ways to say hi. Cool, huh?
 Being incorporeal really seems to be helping my brain on account of not existing and all that. I was gonna ask you something, just gimme
a minute, it slipped my kiwi."

He projects exaggerated hemming and hawing into Theri's thoughts for around a minute before he speaks again.

"Ah, I remember now! What'd we come here for again? I mean like to this world in the first place. I've been doing a lot of shenanigans recently so I kinda forgot, but I just realized I might be able to make it a lot easier what with the situation I'm in right now."

Talk with my friends! Include Theri in the conversation too, Alan is an inclusive guy.
Alan initiates a magical conference call that runs on his dissolving soul, somehow linking Ike, Theri and himself. I don't know if this is a great success or a great failure.

Edit: Also, I like "burninatrix" as an alternative to pyromaniac.

"I-I-I"
I'm feeling really overwhelmed here.
"Um-uh-I-That... That's a lot of people."
Yeah, my face is completely flush right now.
"I, I didn't... I'm not ready for... Uh, I..."
I glance around, feeling like I need a rescue but not at all sure where help could come from or how.
"I... I guess... I... Uh..."
My ears are down, my tails low, my arms close to my sides.
"Ah... Um... I..."
I take a slow, deep breath.
"I'm not... real-ly sure. how. t-to... re-spond... to that... It's- a bit. over... It's a bit much. I..."
Another slow, deep breath.
"I'm not sure I can do right by this many. That... that kind of devotion deserves real individual care and... And I'm not sure I'm up to giving it the kind of treatment it deserves. I... I mean... I can try... It's just... I... wow. Um. I... Uh... Um..."
"I am sorry young lady, we didn't mean-*
"But it is the truth. The sooner she realizes that the better it will be for those that depend on her."
"Well, we should at least be more considerate in how we address the matter."

While the two argue the third approaches you, sits down next to you and puts a hand on your shoulder.
"Hey, relax. It's OK. I'm sorry. I shouldn't had pushed you like that."
"I might have exaggerated a bit. I tend to get a bit carried away when arguing. I have... strong emotions about this subject."
You remember they were arguing about a similar matter when you joined them.
"I didn't mean to impose such a responsibility on you. I was merely trying to be honest. You fought for those people, nearly died for them and their loved ones even though they didn't ask you to do that. Is it so unnatural for them to want to do the same for you?"

((I had a much larger response written but when I reread it I found it unnatural for the guy to suddenly start monologuing. Better for me to try to move the conversation forward in a more organic manner, even if it takes longer.))

"I've only targeted a person that one time, so I really don't know what will happen... Um, do you need any special detection things to see if... um, here."
Without moving my physical body, I seize both the table's lantern-flame and a section of empty air partway down the table, and after pausing for a moment to see if the mages have noticed what I've done before I've even caused any effects upon my targets, boost the flames within them both.
"Can you tell what I'm doing right now? What two areas are under my influence at this moment?"
The creature in the lantern transforms into its rock form when you take its fire away, falling to the bottom of the lantern. This one looks like kinda like a beetle, you think.
"The lantern."
"Well, obviously. But she said two."
They aren't able to sense your manipulation and your ability doesn't appear to have any short-term
sideffects on them. Perhaps it would be different for a Fire Mage.

Also, Theri is here and is talking about a potential ambush. She's also talking to thin air. She says she's talking to Alan. Maybe the heat is too much for someone with fur, maybe you should find some shade for her and keep her hydrated.

Campaign: The Hills of Midnight

What Lenglon said. It's just talking with each others and NPCs until you decide to advance time. Which works out well for me since I don't have to force you to stop when it's time to resync with Ike. So don't worry, take your time.
((Thanks guys :) I also apologize for the perceived tone in my earlier post >_> I was snappy because of really bad moods. Much ♥ and thanks a ton! :D I have good friends \o/))

Theri; Campaign
It has been a time since I saw Alan!...how did he get here when I didn't see him before, again?
Theri couldn't help but smile as she listened to Alan's silliness, playing with how many pronunciations and mispronunciations he gave her name in mind. She was resting with River-puppy after a good spar with one of the folks.
"I...I forgot the specifics, but it was connected to River and a major piece of power within this world that shouldn't be in it--oh wait, hold on. I'll think it out."

Theri recalled many snippets in the past, driven by association, especially having River by her side as the notions of 'hunt', 'compete', and 'assist' came to mind.

"It feels like a few years back--despite it being only weeks, not vague, but like a somewhat distant memory. Probably also due to being blasted by an explosion and then me reviving somewhere else. Oh! And speaking of horrible magics, I have to inform Irine and the rest, and Ike and Nikolai and- ok you get on here, hold on Alan. Just listen in on this."

Haviing placed River on her shoulders, she went first to Irine, who was nearby and with a few other folks. She waved hello before addressing Irine: "Sorry to interrupt your meeting, but I'd like to mention that we're nearing a small vale between the hills, near or on hostile territory. We have to prepare the people, and I would like to volunteer to be part of the vanguard; I can handle attacks better for others to take advantage of. Where's Ike and the others?"

Hello Irine! Hello Alan! Information time!
Also try to recall any gaps I have of what the objectives-in-current-context are, if there were any modifications.

((*hugs Tiruin*))

River looks at you curiously as you start speaking to Alan. He emits a surprised whine as you pick him up but manages to comfortably find a place to rest comfortably on your shoulders.

You go find Irine and tell her Alan is here. It doesn't look like she believes you, even though he's standing right next to you. In fact nobody seems to believe you. When a recruit passes through Alan, you realize that only you can see him. Huh. That explains that.

Well, at least the people Irine is talking to like the vanguard idea.

Your objective is to find a powerful creature that is the same species as River. It killed someone and River wants to punish it for that act. You believe it is in the east, in a place called Nether Pass.

(Oops, sorry for my delay. I've been a bit busy for the past few days. Oh, and I'm fine with you speeding things up.)

Stephano Falcone

Stephano stayed silent for a few seconds.

She deserves to know the truth, but I can't risk telling her. She and her fellow revolutionists might turn against me if they discover that I killed one of their own. I can't take that chance, not when I'm so close to finally gaining my freedom. Sorry, Iris. Perhaps it's better that you never know the truth.

Finally, he answered without turning back to face her.

"Yes, Mantis is dead. I..." Stephano's voice cracked. "...couldn't save him. Sorry."

Stephano exited the room, closing the door behind him.

Clean up the dishes. Find a place to sit down. Withdraw my gun. Make sure it's loaded and ready to be used at a moment's notice. Then sit and wait.
((No problem, it's not like I'm the fastest updater. And no other player depends on your actions. And RL comes first. So there's no reason to apologise.

Really like your RPing so far, btw. To me it feels like your character acts very naturally.))

You leave Iris and close the door behind you. You can hear her crying softly. Could you had gone through with this if you had turned to look at her?

You don't let those thoughts torment you. You find something to keep you busy instead, cleaning the dishes. The chilly water helps get your thoughts in order.

Once you're done you sit down on the kitchen table and check your gun. It appears to be in good condition, a bit scratched on one side but that's it. You remove the clip. Half-empty. You have a spare clip but that's it. You don't know if there are any other bullets around, your search of the kitchen didn't reveal any. If there are, they're probably hidden somewhere.

With nothing else to do you extinguish the lights and wait. The silence is broken occasionally by cracks coming from the dying fire inside the woodstove. You get comfortable next to it, basking in its warmth, trying to think about the future instead of the past.

You're not sure how long it's been. You're getting drowsy. Maybe getting some sleep would be a good idea. You feel a distant rumble. You turn to look and catch a glimpse of a light coming through the window that slowly fades into darkness a few moments later. Some distant car maybe? You've heard them pass before, some of them make a lot of noise for some reason.

<Svajoklis, Inside Maximus>

"Thank you John. With any luck, transport section will have something to get us to the medbay. I'm halfway hoping that we find some people there, the alternatives come in utter shit and worse."

Go to the transport hub.

"No kidding.  We can't guarantee anyone we meet is friendly, either; at least one person on board wants nothing to do with us."

Move out
Walking Tank, Maximus

Saevus moves out as well.
Kosak Durar:

"Aye, sir."

Move out!
Your merry group of adventurers moves through the hallways, following your map and the doors left half-open, presumably by the saboteur. You remain cautious, trying to keep floating instead of using your mag-boots so that you make as little noise as possible.

The ship is eerily quiet. Every noise is amplified and echoed in the hallways. Pristine hallways, unused hallways. This section of the ship is mostly empty space and non-essential spares, nobody would have any reason to come here. No human anyway, drones would probably perform maintenance from time to time.

Your path takes you through an umbilical that cuts through a large empty space, a great dark metal cavern. Through the light coming from your suits, you can barely make out huge mechanical arms reaching out from the walls like buried mechanical giants looking to drag you into the walls with them.

"Interface, what is this place?" John asks, getting flashbacks from his earlier missions.
: This external storage section is dedicated to the storage of large hazardous materials. With adequate preparation it can open to the outside to allow Tugs to move materials into it. It contains equipment useful for shielding, isolating and manipulating large dangerous materials. :
"I don't like this. Feels like an evil biome."
: This is the most efficient route to your destination. Do you require an alternate route? :
"No, it's fine. Quicker is better."
: Acknowledged. :

You eventually reach the other side of the large empty space. You go through more corridors and eventually end up in a large open area. The map shows you're close to the center of the ship in one of the great corridors running parallel to its main gun. This is the transport hub for this section.

This place looks like it was meant to be used to unload small cargo containers as well as store automated transport vehicles. There's a few benches around and a small office with some terminals and some kind of vending machine in it that show that people were supposed to be here, but they all look unused. A stack of containers lies on one side, tightly secured to the floor. There's a garage next to it, probably meant to hold vehicles used to transfer cargo back to where you came from. On the other side a number of magnetic vehicles of various sizes are secured in a dispenser, ready to be dispatched to whoever requests them, their Network ensuring they would never collide while moving through the transport tubes as fast as possible. The magnetic vehicles are meant to automatically hover a small distance from the transport tube's wall. All you need to do is activate one and switch it to manual mode. Then you can cruise on to your destination.
Then again, with the power and the automated system offline, if you go speeding through the tubes and there's an obstruction in your path, you wouldn't be able to see it with the vehicle's weak, unfocused lights. That could end badly. The vehicles are supposed to try to keep you safe and avoid crashes but it's never a good idea to rely solely on a vehicle's safety features to stay alive.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 04:00:44 pm by Parisbre56 »

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7293 on: February 01, 2018, 04:17:06 pm »

Brian Hoss, hull of the Maximus

Follow the Phoenix.

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
  • The sword cuts with finality when guided by wisdom
    • View Profile
« Reply #7294 on: February 01, 2018, 05:27:46 pm »

You walk through the darkness, using the torch to light the way. You follow the trail of lights to the door, ignoring any branches in the path.

The trip is a bit slow but uneventful. You reach the door, a heavy-looking wooden thing. There's an engraving of a cat on it, curiously poking her head inside a half-open chest. The wall is on a large white marble wall, you can't see where it ends. You turn the knob and try to push it open. It won't budge, doesn't even bend a little. You pull instead. The door opens. That was easy. If this was a test than its purpose is probably 'can this guy walk and make the most basic connections'. Through the door is a tiny room, more like a closet really or maybe a chimney since it has no roof. The only thing in it is a pair of bootprints engraved on the floor. You can barely stand in it.

((I assume you don't want to explore further, so...))

You step inside to get a better look at the walls, trying to judge how high they are. The door immediately slams shut behind you, forcing you the rest of the way in. You've barely pushed yourself off the wall when the floor starts going up. It feels more like the world is going down while you remain stationary, there's no wind, no acceleration, no noise. You can only tell you're moving through the moving patterns in the marble. Maybe it's just the wall displaying a different texture, like in a video game, but you don't feel like putting the theory to test. It's moving too fast, you could lose a finger.

A few seconds later you've risen above the wall, into the darkness beyond. From here you can see everything. You can see the burning building and the little path leading to the door, sure, but you can also see the buildings surrounding the fire and the small forest of dead trees surrounding those, as if lit by some omnidirectional light. Even your dying torch produces no shadows. You can see every bit of the area you were in, even the huge walls enclosing it. Like a dollhouse floating in the void.

You can also see where you're going from here. From below it doesn't look that impressive. Just a stone square with a small protrusion on one side. Soon you reach the square. The platform enters a small hole in one of the edges of the square, quite similar to the one you started in. You are once again in a tiny space with a single door. There's an engraving on it, a kitten playing with a cat, chasing her tail.

You open the door and go into the room beyond. It's fairly small and completely undecorated, just four walls extending upwards into darkness. There's a double door on your right, on the other side of the room. Unsurprisingly, there's another image involving cats on it, this time having a cat sleeping in the same box as a kitten. What breaks the pattern is that there's a quote engraved underneath it.
Quote from: Helen Keller
Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.

Directly opposite to you is an open door where a man has just walked out of. He's dressed in somewhat loose yet expensive-looking black clothes and wears grey mirrored sunglasses and a black baseball cap with a crown emblem stitched on it. A good portion of his face is covered by a short beard.

He stays silent for a moment, you can't read him easily without being able to clearly see his face. Then he starts walking towards you.
"Hi there! Jack Krank, King of Card Games." he introduces himself with a small wave.
He stops before reaching you and smiles.
"You're my 'friend'?"

♚The Doll Prince: Strange Bedfellows♚

Blinking in confusion, Napoleon looked around the room momentarily before returning his gaze to the strange man. Given the things he saw earlier, he certainly didn't expect to meet such a person especially one who called himself 'King of Card Games'. If this is truly a test, it would be one that determines how long Napoleon can keep his sanity together from the sheer absurdity of it.

"Ah, were you expecting someone, Monseigneur Jack?" Napoleon asked gingerly. There's no telling whether this pleb has all of his marbles or any at all. Perhaps the Queen put him up to this, sort of like those movies about the dynamic duos who solve problems together. Though it's too early to say whether he should trust him, Napoleon figured that he should use this man, as least until he could uncover a method to this madness. "Regardless, it's nice to meet you. I am Napoleon Lambeau, Doll Prince. So, what do you need?"

Await Jack's answer.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 11:24:25 am by Sir Elventide »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7295 on: February 01, 2018, 05:31:57 pm »

"B-but that wasn't really about them. I mean, I... I did that for me. It made me, well, not exactly happy? Proud, I guess?To do it. I... I like that feeeling. It wasn't about them as people, it really was all about me and my pride. I don't deserve devotion like that for something so selfish. Some grattitude for how my actions helped, sure, but that kind of loyalty... I don't think I've earned that. If they like the actions, the pride, then doesn't it make more sense to try to do the kind of things that give that kind of pride? Wouldn't it be better to be a hero yourself than to devote yourself to protecting one? I want people to grow themselves, to make themselves better. Not to thrust it all on me. I'm not the only person who needs help sometimes."

"I am influencing the lantern, but I'm also doing the same thing to the air in between you two sirs. I was hoping that if you could detect me, you could tell me what the side-effects are of areas with similar signatures. You not being able to notice me where there isn't an active flame is a good sign I think, though it is somewhat inconvient. May I have permission to expand my influence to include one of you, the most likely to be able to notice and resist any effects such might have, to see if there are any?"
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #7296 on: February 01, 2018, 07:27:16 pm »

Jack frowned at the cars and kicked the nearest with his foot.  "Well, I don't like this, but I suppose we don't have much choice.  I can try to find the best one in the stack?  No telling what we'll meet in the way; I'd hate to pancake on something."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7297 on: February 02, 2018, 11:49:41 am »

As Irine was busy with the other mages, and Theri was by herself, she booped River on the nose as he stood on her shoulders and rested on her head.

"Ok, don't tell me you can't not see Alan too. He's right beside me, probably ethereal?" she said, glancing at the pretty realistic Alan, much like a lucid dream. She then faced him and said,
"How's about your turn; what happened since me and Irine and the others left to scout ahead? What happened to you? Um, the gist of it anyway--with emphasis on why I...at least I think- I only can see you?"

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7298 on: February 02, 2018, 03:36:56 pm »

"On one hand, the place looks in top shape, so debri block is unlikely. Whoever made the previous traps though..."

Svajoklis looks over the controls of the cabs.

"Hey console, could we send one of these ahead without a pilot to crash loudly and brightly in any blocade and then follow in another at enough distance to stop if we see the first one crash?"
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #7299 on: February 02, 2018, 04:15:18 pm »

"I like that plan, man.  Let's do it."

Check the cars out and sense their condition.  Save the best one for us; send ahead one of the other good ones ahead first.

On the way see if I can enhance the lighting on the one we're using.  Don't overtax self given this area's effect on power.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #7300 on: February 03, 2018, 07:45:11 pm »

Alan, Incorporeal But Still Tubular

"How's about your turn; what happened since me and Irine and the others left to scout ahead? What happened to you? Um, the gist of it anyway--with emphasis on why I...at least I think- I only can see you?"
"Hey, you know me, I don't remember when that was! But basically I was in the middle of exploring the temple thing with a friend I made and put some magic koolaid into my eyes to unlock a door, and now I'm part of all the water in the world or something. I'm in a lot of places at once! I don't think you guys could've held yourselves together since it'd be pretty easy for anyone else to just become part of everyone else. Fortunately, I'm truly unique as far as everything goes, so I'm handling it alright.

Oh, oh, tell River I say hoobastank, he'll probably know what I mean. I could talk to him too, but I'm talking to Ike at the same time too and spreading myself too thin right now isn't too tubular of a thing to do."

Alan hems and haws for a moment.

"Anyway, basically a River family member is our guy? Shall I call him Stream? Brook? Flood? Ooh, how about Bob, that sounds good. Anything more you know about Bob? I'm gonna look for him in a second, and I figure the easier it is for me the more soul-aid I'll have left over by the end of it."

After talking with Theri and Ike, cut off my conference call to them and use my ocean powers to look for Bob the River Guy. He's a shapeshifter or something, so if I can see what he looks like and where he is it'd probably be helpful for us.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7301 on: February 04, 2018, 05:12:43 am »

Alan, Incorporeal But Still Tubular[...
"Oh, oh, tell River I say hoobastank, he'll probably know what I mean. I could talk to him too, but I'm talking to Ike at the same time too and spreading myself too thin right now isn't too tubular of a thing to do."
[...]
"Anyway, basically a River family member is our guy? Shall I call him Stream? Brook? Flood? Ooh, how about Bob, that sounds good. Anything more you know about Bob? I'm gonna look for him in a second, and I figure the easier it is for me the more soul-aid I'll have left over by the end of it."
Theri was glad she was used to puzzles. She could understand Alan's words very well.
"Yes our guy is basically someone with similar characteristics to River. Also we have some soul orb that is like a danger counting down the longer we wait and all--hey could you do me a favor before you go? Can you scout the hills ahead? Since people can't see you and it seems you only choose who can, it'll help us a lot to know what's ahead of us! And please tell Ike about the dangers of the Midnight Hills I told you! Ambushes and probabilities and the like. We do really need scouts!"

She petted the confused River and spoke: "Sorry for the one-way conversation buddy. Alan says 'hobostank' or something. Told me you'll probably know what he means. Also he could talk to you but he's talking to Ike at the moment."

Err, give Irine a hug before continuing conversation and all.
If there should be an action--ensure combat readiness in the troops!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7302 on: February 04, 2018, 06:29:39 am »

Campaign, Ike!

"Okay, fine. But I'd like those eyeballs and any other tips you can give me."

Get my end of the deal. Also pick up the conference call from Alan!

<I kinda picked this up midway through, but are you asking about who we're here to murder again? 'Cause lemme tell you, our buddy River likes being cryptic as all hell about that. Near as I can tell it's some other guy like him what killed their bonded soulmate or whatever and that's like high crime or whatever.>

<Also shit man, great to hear from you. You sound a bit watery though. Gonna pick up your eyeballs from this Brad guy and then turn the tables on some ambushers or whatever. Good god I fucking hate these Sovereignty guys getting in the way like that, like, what the shit is their problem?>

GigaGiant

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering down at you
    • View Profile
« Reply #7303 on: February 04, 2018, 02:38:28 pm »

(Thanks!  :) )

Stephano Falcone

Stephano looked toward the window and slowly rose from his seat. His hand reached toward his gun.

Could be enemies approaching us.

Taking a deep breath, Stephano calmed himself and reconsidered.

No. That's unlikely. Iris took several precautions on our way here to make sure we weren't followed, and we haven't been bothered since we arrived. Still, we might not be safe here. I need to make sure this building is secure.

Ready my gun and approach the window as quietly as I can. Cautiously look out the window to check what's going on outside.

If there appears to be nothing wrong, then check the front door. If the door is fine, then lock it if I can. Check all of the building's other entrances and windows. Lock or secure them as much as possible. Afterward, return to my seat and take a nap.
Insert witty signature here

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #7304 on: February 05, 2018, 01:44:32 pm »

Theri was glad she was used to puzzles. She could understand Alan's words very well.
"Yes our guy is basically someone with similar characteristics to River. Also we have some soul orb that is like a danger counting down the longer we wait and all--hey could you do me a favor before you go? Can you scout the hills ahead? Since people can't see you and it seems you only choose who can, it'll help us a lot to know what's ahead of us! And please tell Ike about the dangers of the Midnight Hills I told you! Ambushes and probabilities and the like. We do really need scouts!"
<Yeah for shinzle I can do that for ya! After I find Bob though, I dunno if that'll turn out more of a pickle than I'm thinking of or not. I wouldn't want it to be a sweet pickle. They're gross.>

<I kinda picked this up midway through, but are you asking about who we're here to murder again? 'Cause lemme tell you, our buddy River likes being cryptic as all hell about that. Near as I can tell it's some other guy like him what killed their bonded soulmate or whatever and that's like high crime or whatever.>

<Also shit man, great to hear from you. You sound a bit watery though. Gonna pick up your eyeballs from this Brad guy and then turn the tables on some ambushers or whatever. Good god I fucking hate these Sovereignty guys getting in the way like that, like, what the shit is their problem?>

<Yeah, Terry told me about him. I'm calling him Bob, or maybe Bobert to be more fun. Just asking because I can kinda see everywhere at the moment and I thiiiiiiiiiink we were having trouble finding the dude, so maybe I can help locate his fuzzy butt.

Vice versical, Ike! Funny you should say that, I'm actually in the ocean! I mean, not like an ocean ocean, more like 'elemental plane of water' ocean. I put Kool-Aid into my eyeballs. Long story, super funny, I'll tell you when I get back to dry land, meaning my actual body. Or when you get me back there. Whatever. Good luck with all the murder!>
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 485 486 [487] 488 489 ... 521