Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 465 466 [467] 468 469 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1128925 times)

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
  • The sword cuts with finality when guided by wisdom
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Welcome to the party, pal!
« Reply #6990 on: September 25, 2017, 09:42:46 pm »

((Hmmm... Would extra large ears actually work? I mean, dolls don't have ears in the first place... On the other hand, larger ears would help focus the sounds to whatever supernatural sensory organs the dolls use... Eh, I'll allow it.))

You carefully pick up the sword and strap it on yourself. You get +1 Fancy.

There is indeed a door. You attempt to open it. It's locked. Well.

You suppose you could wait for someone to come. Or you could just try to open it somehow. Or maybe try to break that window and fall down, it's only one storey high. You've already started breaking things, so continuing wouldn't be that terrible, right?

"The door's locked. Well, There goes part of my magnificent plan," Napoleon muttered as he went over to a window. Looking down, he guessed that the room he's currently in is one story high. With a rope of dolls, he could climb down. However, the incident with the display convinced him not to take such a chance unless absolutely necessary. After all, even a glorious prince such as himself cannot hope to survive such a fall.

Turning back to the door, Napoleon thought about modifying a doll into a moving battering ram to knock down the door. However, he then decided to make that Plan B. If someone was in this building, it is likely that they were on their way here. The sensible thing to do is to wait.

After turning off the lights, Napoleon will leave a doll motionless among the remains of the display. After finding a good place to hide, he would then wait until someone unlocks the door and will attempt to slip pass them and out of the room while they're distracted by the doll.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6991 on: September 25, 2017, 10:04:09 pm »

John, before Launch

"So if it doesn't... truly have a soul, will I be able to interface with it?  Or more importantly, will I damage something if I try to force my way in?"

Aboard the Phoenix

"I'm down with getting out and going in myself, but one quick question; can I link the Phoenix's sensors with my HUD?  It'd be nice to have external backup,
 even if it's through this weird space soup.  Boy, am I going to have a lot of questions about all this later."

"Anyway, how much of the ship is likely compromised because of hull damage?  How much worse can we make it by forcing our way in?"

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GigaGiant

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering down at you
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: IN SPACE!
« Reply #6992 on: September 25, 2017, 11:17:59 pm »

I updated my character sheet slightly.  I changed the color of the name to be the color that Stephano will talk with, and the sheet mentions that he can't heal himself.
Insert witty signature here

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
« Reply #6993 on: September 25, 2017, 11:28:29 pm »

So i'm thinking about joining this this weekend, should I post the character sheet here or somewhere else?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6994 on: September 26, 2017, 12:21:10 am »

PM it to Paris if you don't want him to hash out all the details in-thread.  Since this can be PVP it may help to keep some details to yourself.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6995 on: September 26, 2017, 12:47:02 am »

How far are we from the monestary? Our best bet is probably to stabilize and then go bring back help.

((I'm thinking Irine stays with the injured along with Trisword, and Theri, San, and River go to the monestary.))
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 12:50:03 am by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #6996 on: September 26, 2017, 12:49:50 am »

John, before Launch

"So if it doesn't... truly have a soul, will I be able to interface with it?  Or more importantly, will I damage something if I try to force my way in?"
"You could interface with it if you physically broke or bypassed its protection or if you overwhelmed it with raw power. That could cause some damage if you aren't careful."

Aboard the Phoenix

"I'm down with getting out and going in myself, but one quick question; can I link the Phoenix's sensors with my HUD?  It'd be nice to have external backup, even if it's through this weird space soup.  Boy, am I going to have a lot of questions about all this later."

"Anyway, how much of the ship is likely compromised because of hull damage?  How much worse can we make it by forcing our way in?"

"You can try."

"I don't see any hull damage beyond that on the fin. Unless there's something I'm not seeing, the doors should have come down and isolated the liquid to those few rooms that got exposed to the outside. Now that the ship is unpowered though, if you make a new hole the liquid will probably flood the next compartment until it finds a sealed door. So try to seal any holes you make."

So i'm thinking about joining this this weekend, should I post the character sheet here or somewhere else?
Yeah, what Toaster said. Either post it here or PM it to me if you wanna keep the details of your character a secret.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #6997 on: September 26, 2017, 12:56:53 am »

How far are we from the monestary? Our best bet is probably to stabilize and then go bring back help.

((I'm thinking Irine stays with the injured along with Trisword, and Theri, San, and River go to the monestary.))
If it's just Theri then it's about a day, maybe half a day if she pushes herself. And then whatever time it takes to bring help back. Maybe 2-3 days total.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6998 on: September 26, 2017, 01:13:25 am »

Yeah, but its not safe here. we need to get San and River out. How long for them to get to the monestary?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #6999 on: September 26, 2017, 01:16:31 am »

((Argh, updates happened and being skipped over in a turn? No! :-[
Thanks for automating me as best as possible Parisbre :) ))

Get the wounded to a better area, ask Irine to establish a defensive perimeter of magic, or warding. Also note to be with San if and when he gets exposed to the...situation.
Thoroughly check for other wounded and make the best of the situation via improvisation.

Theri was glad for telepathy--she had signaled the impact of the situation to Irine as she was musing on how to make the best of the situation. She was also hit by the bittersweet note of hindsight; if she had let San go with these travelers, inasmuch as she was ambivalent back then, he may be part of-...something she pushed away to think about later.

As Irine pulled up with River, Theri asked aloud.

"I wish I knew magic, Irine. I wish I knew what you knew. My knowledge is bound to the laws of the environment around me. I don't know how you do all these. But I think that's all we can do. I found some water there and cleaned what I could; all that's left is for them to heal, and recuperate. I'm giving it a couple of days at least, with the intensity of such wounds.

"...Can you try speaking to them? In mind?"

Yeah, but its not safe here. we need to get San and River out. How long for them to get to the monestary?
((Oh heya :3 I'm not that late then! And yes, I believe I can carry a young kid much like a backpack and a pupper quite well. I think?))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7000 on: September 26, 2017, 01:23:58 am »

"I can, but my innate telepathy is one-way. I can speak, but they can't respond. The commwires would work better, and any of us can use those. And you have magic too Theri, you just don't have a good grasp on how to use it. At your current understanding, your best bet if you want to use it is to simply want something really badly, your body will handle the rest on its own. But as for warding or stuff like that, that's not really my thing. I could make a ring of fire, but that wouldn't be a good idea. The sword can probably do better."

edit: ((oh, and Paris, if you want to know medical stuff, Tir will generally be better. She has actual med school training. What I have is a whole lot of different kinds of first-responder training. As a rule of thumb, I can save you from dying on the spot, but what I can do needs to be supplemented by the work of a proper doctor or surgeon. For example if you get stabbed literally through the chest, breaking ribs, piercing a lung, and suchlike, I can probably get you to a hospital alive. But I can't actually fix the problem, I can only stall for time really well, and know how to move someone thats hurt if I really have to (hint: Try to not move them if you can help it. The more their body shifts, the more messed up their insides get, and you could kill them suprisingly fast) But I don't know how to make someone better, just how to keep them from getting worse.))
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 01:42:34 am by Lenglon »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7001 on: September 26, 2017, 01:28:48 am »

Campaign, Ike!

"Wow."

Boot the arrested guy into Griman with my heavily armored foot to create a vaguely subdued idiot pile/set up for a Nikolai Red Bull Death Bomb.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #7002 on: September 26, 2017, 01:33:40 am »

"I can, but my innate telepathy is one-way. I can speak, but they can't respond. The commwires would work better, and any of us can use those. And you have magic too Theri, you just don't have a good grasp on how to use it. At your current understanding, your best bet if you want to use it is to simply want something really badly, your body will handle the rest on its own. But as for warding or stuff like that, that's not really my thing. I could make a ring of fire, but that wouldn't be a good idea. The sword can probably do better."
Theri just listened and thought.

"Speak to them then. Tell them they're being watched. Tell them they're safe. Also...I don't know if I want this really badly, but I feel like that really badly- and, nothing seems to be happening? I'd like to heal them, even those that I felt a pulse in, but didn't later on."

At the speed of thought, Theri recalled her medical training. Much of it was more from others' teachings, but part was from her knowledge of survival and treatment. She knew certain concepts more than other procedures, but knowing what something did was a foothold to seeing more.

"Can't your sword heal? Act like a cauterized needle, without the collateral?"

Also try going magical healing!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #7003 on: September 26, 2017, 08:08:48 am »

Aboard the Phoenix

"Got it. Let me out here then; we'll try to be careful."

Also vote for dropoff near turret.
Cover the approach via summoning and launching a couple decoys perpendicularly away from the ship; small objects that radiate on a number of frequencies, even sound and vibration in case this thing uses actual sonar.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7004 on: September 26, 2017, 02:54:02 pm »

The Phoenix

I'm fine with getting dropped by the turret.
Pages: 1 ... 465 466 [467] 468 469 ... 521