Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 450 451 [452] 453 454 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1128873 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: In stereo where available
« Reply #6765 on: February 09, 2017, 06:39:10 am »

Ima jus restin har.
While San is still talking to the people and Theri is still inconspicuous before she speaks...
Theri stretched an arm, happy enough to carry her resting friend.
"Hey Irine, they can't see your face so please check around for our objective and anything else you can think of. I'll take care of this. Rest well. San knows these folks, he talked about them back when we were both healing together. Probably related to the attacks on these villages lately. Said attacks being connected to our main objective...and River."

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6766 on: February 09, 2017, 11:55:37 am »

Check if I'm waking up back in my bunker, from a very strange and very long dream?
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6767 on: February 09, 2017, 12:12:58 pm »

"Well aren't you just the most delightfully conspicuous thing. Lead on!"

Shady offers go! Keep an ear out for trouble, and my hands on my valuables.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6768 on: February 09, 2017, 12:19:27 pm »

Kosak Durar, Emergency Briefing:

"Eh? What's this?"

Kosak eyes the drone suspiciously. If it gets too close to him, it's probably going to get crushed.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #6769 on: February 09, 2017, 04:29:59 pm »

John's eyes go a bit distant for a moment.  "A final request.  Huh... yeah, I might think about that.   Buh, uh, yeah.  I don't know; some pretty crazy stuff has already happened in my time; I'm not sure how much more crazy I could make it.  I'd have time to lay low, and time's certainly on my side."  John waved.   "Thanks buddy!"

John walked back after the drone.  "Come here, you."

Catch the drone and sense it.  Get detailed information on it.
You go to the drone. It obeys your command and moves closer to you. Or maybe it's just curious, because it starts scanning you. But you just snatch it out of the air. It revs its rotors a couple of times, tugging your hand like an excited dog tugging its leash, but it eventually settles down. Its sensor keeps looking around nervously.

From the looks of it, the drone is nothing special. A long lasting battery, a couple of rotors at its core that can move at different speeds, positioned on tiny actuators so that they can tilt to different directions independent from one another, a lightweight shell probably made out of some plastic, a small array of processors, a speaker and a microphone, some more plastic to keep it all together and some wires and optic fibers to connect everything. The only thing that makes this something more than a high quality drone is its "eye", since it actually has a good deal of sensors and emitters crammed in there. You're not sure what exactly goes on in its processor but it's certainly getting a lot of data to process.

Kosak Durar, Emergency Briefing:

"Eh? What's this?"

Kosak eyes the drone suspiciously. If it gets too close to him, it's probably going to get crushed.
You and The Captain stand with your arms crossed, eyeing the drone suspiciously as it approaches. The drone is snatched by John before it can get too close.
"I bet it just wants to mess up my lawn. Damn drones."
You keep a close eye on it, just in case.

Smack him with the glass orbs on the anchors and keep firing. Or retract and redeploy anchors to try to ensnare him and keep firing. Keep charging. Hope for a useful RME.
He lowers his stance, getting ready to pounce. You bring down your anchors for an overhead smash but he jumps out of the way. The moment the glass orbs slam against the ground they shatter, releasing the psychic scream trapped inside. The blast of psychic energy is apparently enough to through him off balance, causing him to fumble his jump. He lands behind you, slamming on his side and tumbling, making a few rolls before he disappears in a cloud of steam. The psychic blast also affects you but it's nothing you can't handle. This isn't the first time you've had your mind assaulted.

You immediately start firing a barrage of energy bolts into the cloud, not willing to give him a chance to recover. He is not deterred. A few seconds later he is half-running half-sliding towards you and slightly to your left, dragging the red-hot tips of his wings against the snow and raising a big cloud of steam in the process. You try to hit him as he passes by you but your aim is way off. For a few moments until the steam clears you have no clear sight of him. You try a blind strike but you don't hear it hitting anything.

What you do hear through the howling wind is a single thumping of wings, realizing too late that he has jumped and is gliding above ground somewhere. You spot him a moment later, a red-grey blur in the snowstorm, rearing like a flying horse, showing you his glowing underbelly.

While all this was going on, a bunch of weirdly-shaped, shiny and vaguely conical devices appeared on the bottom of your core, filled with a fizzing liquid. They're bulging outwards as if at any moment they'll burst open.

Alan rolls over in the water to look up at his new unfortunate victim acquaintance, assuming they've come to look at him."That's not how you do running hugs, you know, but hey, practice makes perfect. I'm Alan, who are you?"

Strike up conversation!
You hear the woman pick up her lantern and get back on her feet with a few curses. She approaches the point you fell and holds her lantern up, trying to get a better look at you, allowing you to get a better look at her in the process. It's a middle-aged woman wearing a low quality wool coat with a bit of fur to keep the neck more warm. She finds you lazily lying on your back, floating on top of the water and a bunch of bent plants.
"That's not how you do running hugs, you know, but hey, practice makes perfect. I'm Alan, who are you?"
"I'm- Who- WHY are you here? What are you doing here? Why did you run towards me? Why are you just lying there?" she asks, raising her hands as if she's trying to keep herself from shaking the answers out of you.

"Well aren't you just the most delightfully conspicuous thing. Lead on!"

Shady offers go! Keep an ear out for trouble, and my hands on my valuables.
The man leads you to a secluded location and, after making sure nobody followed you, cuts to the chase. He says there's an object that really interests him inside the temple. While reaching it normally would be quite hard, it should be quite easy to reach for a man with your skills. There is a waterfall inside the temple, just beyond the entrance. If you climb through it, you'll be able to reach the room it is in bypassing all physical and most magical defences. You don't have to worry about those, he will give you a hex that will temporarily disable any magical defences left.

The object he's looking for is a golden staff with a rather sizable hemi-spherical blue glass orb on its top. All you have to do is get in, activate the hex, grab the staff and get it to him. He says he'll pay you enough money to make you rich and you can keep any other valuables you find in there as long as he gets the staff.

He says he heard that you have a meeting with the Headwater in the morning, so you could try doing it then. Or you could wait until it's night and he could cause some sort of distraction he's been planning to help you get in, although he doesn't mention the specifics. Or you could do something else, he doesn't care that much about how you do it. Whatever approach you decide to take however, he must have the staff by tomorrow morning.

Check if I'm waking up back in my bunker, from a very strange and very long dream?
You try to raise your head and look around but the sun burns your eyes, you lose your balance and you fall off the bed. You stay on the floor for a few seconds. You attempt to moan in pain but your throat is dry and all you manage to do is cough, which only makes your dizziness worse.

You cover your eyes and try to look at the room through your fingers. It's quite small, something like 2x2 meters, just enough to hold a bunk bed, a tiny table and a chair (which you thankfully missed while falling). There's a few personal belongings around that you can see from the ground. There's a bag under the bed. You recognize your clothes squeezed between the bed and a wall. There's some more clothes on the chair.

Overall, not the worst place you could have woken up in. You're not missing any kidneys and you are not behind bars. Unless you did something stupid that you're really going to regret, this will probably turn out fine. Well, something you're going to regret more than drinking all that... whatever that was. You're not really sure. Most of your recent history is all a hazy blur. You remember going into a bar, some shouting, some dancing... No, you can't remember anything concrete. It's just a few disconnected images and feelings.

Ima jus restin har.
I don't know why but I read that in a stereotypical Jamaican accent.
Although you're probably more at this state right about now.

"We can help!"
Theri lifted Irine as she stood up, carrying her on her back with both arms casually holding her.

"And by that, I didn't mean anything bad. Like 'make more people disappear'; hello, my name is Theri. We found San in a village a ways back there, he was wounded, we helped save the village from shadow creatures--him being wounded and found was after the village got-..."

Issue a tactful and polite dialogue with the nice folks, obviously not interrupting and speaking as the dialogue flows naturally.

Also say that it's okay for them to keep their knives out if they feel afraid, and before I get ahead of myself in being too friendly, inquire about them and their origins. Any areas nearby, etc. As an aside if or what they know about the monastery.

Maybe end with a 'could I ask how you're related to San?'.

They say they are traveling west from the village of Traveller's Rest to try to reach someplace that was safer. Hearing you talk about all the bad things happening in the west makes them a bit more desperate. You try to reassure them that things are better now, but they aren't convinced.

They say they secretly sneaked out of their village and have been on the road ever since. They say they've been traveling for a few days now and haven't encountered anything beyond a few wild animals. There was that one time where they hid from a group of strangers they saw wandering around close to the road, just to be on the safe side. They didn't look dangerous, just weird, just slowly walking around with no apparent purpose. The worst thing that has happened to them so far was when some animal stole some of their food when they made a brief stop to rest this morning.

They say the monastery doesn't sound like a great place to be in. People living there are practically slaves, working all day for a bit of food and no coin. Still, it might be the safest place to be at the moment. The monks were always good at keeping those who wished people harm away. They might head there if things really are that bad in Road's End. Or maybe they'll just head south.

The man says he's not actually related to San, he merely saw the boy while San was traveling through his village. San had become separated from the group he was traveling with and the man helped the boy find them and rejoin them.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6770 on: February 09, 2017, 05:12:41 pm »

Private to Theri: <River took their food, not a random animal, and those people wandering about were probably zombies of some kind. finding out where and when those happened could be important.>
No action yet.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 08:23:43 am by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6771 on: February 09, 2017, 08:36:12 pm »

"Right, then, naptime."

Deactivate it.

Now let's try a rifle.  Let's say... a nice energy rifle, military grade.  How fast is it summoning now?  How fast would it take to copy?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6772 on: February 10, 2017, 06:53:59 am »

Ike steeples his fingers.

"You make a fine offer, good sir, I will take it under careful consideration!"

What's this hex? Is it cast on me? If that's the case, I'm going to need to refuse. If it's an object, however, he can hand it to me in that case.

Then pack it in for the night. Make sure to find and tuck in Alan lest he get too restless.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #6773 on: February 10, 2017, 07:33:20 am »

<But that was this 'morning'. As in, 'in between now and when we met "River" in the church'. Anyway I'll thank them for their politeness and keep San by my side, or ask them to voice their concerns.>

Do so! Alongside asking pertinent questions for both safety and details on "what's going up west"
And also inquire as to the tracks of those 'zombies' Irine suspects in a way that I can {Roll a stat for my word power maybe?}, like "How long ago was it since you saw..." or "Did they leave any tracks?" or "How hard does the wind blow in {that direction/place}"...

Ask the man on their ideas; where will they go? Mention San's goals and where he mentioned--does it have any relation to the man's village? (and give a wave to the other villagers in the background dialogue)

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6774 on: February 10, 2017, 08:17:03 am »

Hope the fizzy bottles are going to launch me like a rocket instead of blowing up. If I do get launched in the proper trajectory, use my momentum to try to impale the dragon with a spike and fire it. Otherwise, keep firing at him and use my tentacles to keep him from getting too close while I charge.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #6775 on: February 10, 2017, 06:23:00 pm »

"Well, I'm Alan, I'm here to make friends and jump off that giant waterfall, and because I was doing a running hug! What's your name?"

Begin the friendinization!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6776 on: February 11, 2017, 03:33:58 am »

Those other clothes in the room are lingerie from the beautiful model I woke up next to and didn't notice until now, eh?
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6777 on: February 11, 2017, 08:51:07 am »

<Svajoklis, Staging area>

Go to the courtyard for the briefing.

Don't suppose the shotgun comes with any special ammo?

((Damn I look away for five minutes days and stuff starts happening))
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6778 on: February 12, 2017, 06:38:11 am »

((Sorry for being a bit inactive.))
Slowly peek into the room. Can anyone see me?
Ain't nobody got time for that.

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6779 on: February 18, 2017, 06:20:22 am »

((Hello.))

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Zechariah - presumably with Ike's group, according to Alan's will - follows Ike out of the tavern, but stays at a distance when he converses with the shady man.
If he plans to retire for the night, get my rest as well. It's hard work being a living zombie.
Pages: 1 ... 450 451 [452] 453 454 ... 521