Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 440 441 [442] 443 444 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1129173 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: In stereo where available
« Reply #6615 on: January 04, 2017, 01:08:47 pm »

"Excuse me?"

"Okay, what are you hiding from me? You aren't that stupid. Why do you really want to keep moving?"
« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 01:12:25 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6616 on: January 04, 2017, 02:25:20 pm »

"Ah, you'll see!" Ike begins to look into the distance, a larcenous gleam in his eye.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6617 on: January 04, 2017, 02:32:52 pm »

"Ike."
I wait for an actual answer.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #6618 on: January 04, 2017, 06:47:28 pm »

John, After the End

Saevus, After the End

With a sudden explosion of speed, perhaps powered by fear and the will to survive, Saevus rips himself free of his restraints. He spins around, using one arm to cut through them with a giant axe while using his golden arm to pull John towards him. The wave of telekinetic energy is weak, only managing to stagger John as he tries to regain his balance. But Saevus keeps spinning, the axe disappearing from his arm just in time for him to pickup the cane from the ground.

He presses the button on its base. His aim is way off, but it turns out he doesn't have to worry about that. A dome of writhing goo explodes out of the top of the cane as it empties it contents. The wave smashes into anything it comes across. John, still staggered, tries to dive for cover but in his confusion only manages to fall forward. The goo hits him head first, shoving him back, covering his entire suit in the sticky material. The wave continues until it hits the wall of the room. All of the bots that were behind John are moving spasmodically and erratically, as if their motors are firing at random.

However more than half of them are still operational. With their attempts to restrain Saevus no longer interfering with their aim, they manage to keep their concentrated laser beams on him as he moves. Most of the heat was focused on his golden shoulder, making it glow and partially melting it. The joints of his armour have fused from the heat and cannot move and the runes there no longer light up with multi-coloured light.

Spoiler: Hawk132 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Toaster (click to show/hide)

"Ho ho ho what was I doing again? Oh right, nonspecific mischef, ho ho ho!"

Be jolly! Also attempt to plant as many Bill And Ted cuttings as I feasibly can without hurting the plant too much. Claim to inquiring others that I'm growing spinach if questioned.

Summon plant food and stuff too. Gotta have the best care for my plant.

And Rickman too. Hey, maybe Bill And Ted's an alien plant! That would make sense, he turned the kid into an alien!

You stand at the driver seat of the wagon and whip the nuca dragging it while asking it to light the way with its bright red nose. It tries to spit sparks at you instead. Eh, close enough.

You plant parts of your plant along the road. You have no doubt that this dry environment and its temperature extremes are exactly what they require to grow. The men traveling with you just laugh when you infrorm them what you are doing.

You summon a fridgefull of some rather bland sandwiches and a bit of water bottles for your expanding group of human, animal, alien, and (possibly alien) plant friends. The men comment that they taste nothing like sand witches and wonder why this food has such a funny name.

"Um, I'd like to stop before the statues Ike. I don't want to get caught in them in a trap in the dark"

"You'd rather be caught in a trap in an open field with no place to hide? Don't be silly now, we've got a long road ahead and precious little daylight to waste! We'll see if we can make it through before nightfall, and if not we'll rest under the cover of magnificent works of sculpture. Wonder how big they get out there?"

Going to continue forth!
You keep moving forward, through the field of statues. You move through them as quickly, carefully and as quietly as you can, with your ears and nose ready to pick up anything out of the ordinary. Your eyes cannot be trusted, as in the little light provided by the moon and Irine's sword you wouldn't be able to tell what's a statue and what's not. It's not easy to keep the men quiet, motivated and alert. Some have fallen asleep, others are commenting the landscape as this is the first time they see it, others still are complaining about not stopping and being cold. At least the road is mostly clear, with only the occasional broken statue or pieces of stone laying by the side of the road. You're not surprised. Some of them look really old, their details almost completely eroded, while others appear to have been shoved into whatever tiny spaces could fit them, creating walls and barriers.

You've been walking for a while now and there's no sign of the field ending. You've been forced to stop twice now, once to pick up some people who had the stupid idea to try to sneak off and prey to the statue of some god or another and another to stop an argument about whether or not you should stop and camp before it became a fight. The third time you stop is because you've reached the source of the stench of dead and rotten.

This area is like a small clearing, a wide open space surrounding a boulder. Or, at least, at first you think it's a boulder. But as you get a better sense of it through repeated pings, you realize it was some sort of arch that the road went through. The area around is filled with broken chunks of rock, as if something not only destroyed the arch but also caused part of it to explode. There's an extraordinary amount of blood around but not many bodies. In fact, there's too few bodies. Could a scavenger have eaten them already? Some large animal did pass through here, judging by some of the marks and scents in the surrounding area, but you've never encountered that smell before.

You briefly consider waking up the boy clinging to Theri so that it can give you more information but decide against it. There probably isn't much it can tell you that you can't find out yourself plus you'd like to avoid any more drama-related delays if possible.So you simply memorize the scent of whatever thing was here and continue on your way, taking some time to carefully move your wagons around the broken arch.

Finally, as the moon starts getting close to the horizon, the statues start thinning out and becoming smaller until they disappear completely. You've reached the other side. And nothing killed you, you still have as many limbs as you had when you entered. What you don't have is morale. Sleep deprivation and scenes of horrible murder have left you and your men tired and cranky, no relationship to the jolly group of adventures that left the village this morning.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6619 on: January 04, 2017, 07:17:14 pm »

Saevus, After the End

Spoiler: Gotta end this quick. (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 07:33:35 am by Hawk132 »
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6620 on: January 04, 2017, 08:55:59 pm »

I'm quiet during most of the trip, though I stay awake and alert during our time in the field of statues. Now that we're clear of them, I'll go sleep in the wagon while we continue traveling.
((Irine IS a kid after all, despite how responsible she tries to be.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #6621 on: January 04, 2017, 11:53:13 pm »

Alan, Utility Party Member Extraordinare

Low morale, you say? Time for some tasty snacks (perhaps chocolate and candy bars) and in-house (relatively speaking) entertainment consisting of stereo with upbeat music, I say!

Also, an impromptu sock-puppet show.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 11:55:20 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6622 on: January 05, 2017, 04:19:50 am »

Ike, the People's General

"Ah, the delights of a forced march. Best to be camping out soon, wouldn't you say so, men?"

Find a less conspicuous spot to camp in and take up watch. Listen for approaching horrors. Pick up scents on the night wind. Observe excellent sockpuppetry. Maybe dance a little.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6623 on: January 05, 2017, 11:26:01 am »

Spoiler: Unfortunate. (click to show/hide)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #6624 on: January 06, 2017, 07:46:38 pm »

Saevus, After the End

Spoiler: Gotta end this quick. (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Unfortunate. (click to show/hide)

John runs off, heading towards the hole in the centre of the room. Saevus runs after him, summoning a shield to defend himself from the bots. The bots fire upon him, but they have trouble tracking him and focusing their beams on a specific point, the few shots that land getting immediately blocked by Saevus' shield. John, being a lot faster than Saevus, jumps into the hole. He manages to go through the narrow passage and land on the tunnel below without much trouble. Saevus on the other hand is not so graceful when he jumps after him. He falls down the hole bouncing between the black root and the wall and falls face first on one of its tendrils. His cane starts recharging, sucking the goo out of it.

Alan, Utility Party Member Extraordinare

Low morale, you say? Time for some tasty snacks (perhaps chocolate and candy bars) and in-house (relatively speaking) entertainment consisting of stereo with upbeat music, I say!

Also, an impromptu sock-puppet show.

You summon a few candies and hand them around to the men that can't sleep. However, your attempt to entertain them with a late night sock puppet show to the sounds of the Spice Girls is met with less success, as an annoyed men trying to sleep throw stuff at you until you stop, starting with blankets and continuing with pots.

Ike, the People's General

"Ah, the delights of a forced march. Best to be camping out soon, wouldn't you say so, men?"

Find a less conspicuous spot to camp in and take up watch. Listen for approaching horrors. Pick up scents on the night wind. Observe excellent sockpuppetry. Maybe dance a little.
You keep going for a little while until you find a spot that looks okay to camp for the night, an area with slightly lower elevation that might make you a bit harder to spot. People that are still awake unload from the wagon, prep their bedrolls, light a small fire to keep themselves warm and quickly fall asleep.

With everyone settled for the night, you take up position on the highest spot you can find and prepare to keep watch for the rest of the night. Yeah, keep watch. Keeping watch. Just keeping watch. Easy peasy. Doesn't matter that you haven't slept for a day, maybe a bit more. Your mind is strong, you have the willpower, you can stay focused. Keeping watch. Easy. Watch. Stuff. Yeah.

You wake up with the sun's first rays stroking your face. Damn. Should have taken a book or something. Okay, no big deal. You're certain nothing bad happened while you slept. Nothing at all. Yep, let's just take a look around, one, two, three... yep, men all still here, wagons all still here, donkeys still here... everything here, good, good. Hopefully nobody saw that.

I'm quiet during most of the trip, though I stay awake and alert during our time in the field of statues. Now that we're clear of them, I'll go sleep in the wagon while we continue traveling.
((Irine IS a kid after all, despite how responsible she tries to be.))
You find a somewhat comfortable spot, cover yourself with a blanket to keep yourself warm and doze off to the rythmic movement of the wagon and the animal dragging it.

You wake up next day to the sounds of people moving around, talking, eating breakfast or tending to the wagons and the animals. Someone must have moved you out of the wagon and on a more comfortable bedroll while you slept. There's still some grumbling, but spirits appear to be much better than last night.

The various tasty breads, jams and peanutbutters summoned by Alan certainly help. People also appear to be more receptive to puppet shows in the morning. Alan is currently telling some story about how he had to chase a guy called Santa in a giant hamster wheel because he ate all his cookies. The men appear to be enjoying it.

It appears that your sword is still in the wagon. When you approach it, it informs you that someone else tried to touch it while you slept, but it burnt their hand and kept them away. It also informs you that it sensed some dark magic. It could not sense what it was, but it did not appear too powerful or directed at you, so it merely made sure you were defended.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6625 on: January 07, 2017, 03:02:54 am »

((Side note: Irine isn't possessive of the sword. She considers it it's own owner, and they're traveling companions. In her mind it isn't "her" sword, it's "The" Sword. or occasionally "triple sword" for the three minds she's aware of it containing.))
<What makes magic 'dark' magic anyway? is is just removing light? magic of darkness? Or am I misunderstanding what you mean by 'dark'?>
I'm not concerned, the sword can take care of itself. I'll just bear what it said in mind during the day, keep an eye out but I feel no need to go looking for it.
<Oh, um, what kind of magic does River use, from your persepective? I kinda need to know if he's reaching out of his soulsphere, and what to look for in case he does.>
I'm fine with us just continuing to travel.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6626 on: January 07, 2017, 08:41:19 am »

Can I get a reminder on the terrain?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #6627 on: January 07, 2017, 09:08:59 am »

Can I get a reminder on the terrain?
Right now you're in a relatively wife underground tunnel. There's a black root coming out of the middle of the floor, its branches spreading out to create obstacles that take up the width of the tunnel. It's what created the hole that allowed you to climb to the room above. You were faster, so you get a head start for the next turn.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6628 on: January 07, 2017, 09:22:37 am »

Saevus, After the End

Spoiler: Get back here. (click to show/hide)
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6629 on: January 07, 2017, 10:18:27 am »

Ike, Greatest Watchman Alive

Okay, check if horrible creatures have laid any horrible eggs into me while I slept as far as I can tell. If not (also check Alan), that's probably all right. Get the men together for a morning inspection. Check weapons, uniforms, overall appearance. Offer constructive criticism. Split them into two groups, rejoin, split them into three groups, rejoin.

Then make them all stand in a circle and say, out loud, one interesting thing about themselves. It's vital group bonding.

If nothing terrible sees fit to show itself, difficult to think of anything else to do there.

Oh, and also check that kid Theri brought along (and if any civilians have followed us, them too). Inspect him like you would a wild raccoon (surface inspection, no need to dissect yet) for the overall presence of wild parasites, cross-reference with Theri's own wild parasites. I'm from the woods, so I'm presumably well-equipped for this task.
Pages: 1 ... 440 441 [442] 443 444 ... 521