Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 439 440 [441] 442 443 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1129176 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Fistful of Silence
« Reply #6600 on: December 22, 2016, 04:44:17 pm »

Ready whenever
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Special People: In stereo where available
« Reply #6601 on: December 26, 2016, 01:03:34 pm »

John, After the End

Spoiler: Ouch (click to show/hide)
Saevus, After the End

John pushes himself to get back on his feet, trying to move as quickly as possible. It feels like he's watching himself in a dream, desperately trying to will himself to move, every movement feeling slow. As Saevus struggles to raise his head, he sees John coming for him through the debris and black goo left from his attack. John is running as fast as his exosuit will let him, his spear extending out of his hand, silver flowing and solidifying to form the tip. Saevus summons a heavy axe and lets it slam on one of the restraints holding his hand, freeing it. It immediately disappears and in its place Saevus summons a knife, with which he attempts to cut more of the restraints.

But he doesn't get far before John is upon him, thrusting his spear downwards with a primal grunt. Saevus lifts his palm and a shimmering barrier appears between the two, stopping the spear. But only for a moment. The next Saevus is forced to lower his hand and the spear goes through. It keeps going, bypassing his forceshield with a flash of light, its shattered fragments falling on the black roots below him. The spear cuts through his armour like butter, tearing a clean hole through where his left lung would be. The two stare at each other for a moment, the only thing moving being the vibrations of the cables holding Saevus down and the black goo dripping through the hole in Saevus' armour.

<Tow cables and OP weapons that can cut through almost anything are always the bane of heavy walkers it seems.>

Then Saevus lifts his golden hand and points his palm at John, the runes on it humming and glowing bright. John ducks and dashes back before the telekinetic blast can rip off the antenna embedded in his head.

The broken fragments of Saevus forceshield are drawn together, forming a large semi-transparent cane embedded on the ground next to him, like an umbrella with its top missing. It begins to suck the goo and black roots out of the ground, filling itself up with darkness and blinking lights.

WMD, After the End

Politely ask the fetus to change course to wherever it is my host is trying to go.
You ask the fetus-thing if it can pretty please not eat you and instead take you the hell out of here before you die. The thing makes a whine that resonates throughout the entire vessel, a noise that sounds like something you'd expect to come from a whale.

It's not making a move to attack you, so you'll take that as a yes. You return to the cockpit and watch the monitors for a while. You see that the sub is continuing its course away from the doomed city. That's good. You don't know where it's going or what it's going to do with you when it gets there, but for now you're free and alive on a vessel with food and oxygen. That went about as good as it could go. Sure you are trapped in a dying world, but it is not a dead world. There is still hope. That's all you've got to hold on right now.

A moment comes when you cross some invisible barrier or trigger some unknown condition. The screen of your interface blinks green and the voice of S0 announces that your mission is now complete. Your consciousness is slowly and smoothly decoupled from that of your host, leaving him to ponder his future and his fate while you are led to the dark void that exists in the inbetween.

((I'll PM you your upgrade points when I can.))

Campaign, Ike!

With any luck the massive outbreak of magical catastrophes will halt any potential invasion plans.

In any case, ready to move out. Fetch the others and answer any of their questions. Pick up any would-be counterinvaders and hangers-on, then head out bravely into unfathomable danger.

I suppose get dressed and try to find at least a basic weapon then meet up with the others and get ready to go.
I suppose get dressed and try to find at least a basic weapon then meet up with the others and get ready to go.

Tell my meatshields to set this man up. Spare no expense, he's a hero reborn!
Ike delivers an incredibly passionate speech (and perhaps a bit exaggerated and over the top at times) about Nikolai and why he's the coolest monster-hunting dude there ever was and how he has the cool gas mask and everything. His meatshields take this to heart and set Nikolai up with some pretty awesome equipment considering their resources. He is given an old monster hunter set supposedly belonging to one of the village's founders. It has been well maintained and is still in excellent condition. The clothes are made out of grey and black cloth with metal reinforcements, made to be light and allow for quick movement. It covers almost all of the wearer's body except for the eyes and they insist that it is more than capable of protecting from things like fire and poison. For a weapon he receives a combination of a long yet light spear and a shield made out of layers of metal and animal hides.

The reason they gave it is that Ike made a pretty convincing case about how a weapon and armour set made to circle around and flank monsters would not be very useful in a battlefield, where confusion, low space and large numbers of enemies make armour more important, so it would be best to give those tools to someone who could ensure no monster would bring their journey to an untimely end. Ike also kinda promised that Nikolai would ride with him in the front due to his years of monster hunting experience giving him a keen ability to sense and deal with danger, so they probably have high expectations about him putting those weapons to good use should they encounter any monsters on their journey.

Ready whenever
Alan, In Good Moral Standing

"I'm sure that won't have negative repercussions down the line."

Let's go find Ike. I shall determine more of Bill And Ted's powers at a later date.

Ready to move out at any time.

In the morning, the Players joined by the would-be soldiers gather at gate on the edge of the village. They load the carts and mules with the final batches of supplies, checking and double-checking nervously, trying to make sure they have everything. For some enthusiastic young men, this will be the first time leaving their hometown and there's a good chance it could also be their last. Words of love are whispered, promises of safe return are extracted, goodbyes are said, prayers are chanted, wishes, curses and words of encouragement are shouted and then soon you can no longer hear them, only see them whenever you look behind. As the village disappears from view, one young man starts singing slowly and quietly, tapping his weapon on the cart to keep the rhythm. The others join him one by one and soon they become loud and laughing as they playfully shove each other or yell the name of someone or some inside joke.

I know the stories of the wives and mothers of heroes of old
those heroic men they would scold
and they would give them a curse and benediction
'Do not go to war heroically to die
for those that do eternally in battlefields they lie'

And so I was told the same by a girl to me very special
that I should love her with my all
'An oath of safe return and marriage gives you direction
For lost is a war already
if you have nobody to return to and nothing steady'

Know soldier that the one who wins in war and combat
is not the one who wears a hard hat
It's love for life that is in a fight the best protection
So eat and drink and have some fun
for in war those with nothing to lose become undone

With their spirits lifted the singing continues, taking a more confident tone, singing hymns to the gods of blood, of protection and family, of just war, singing about heroes of old performing incredible feats of strength and cunning, singing about why their kingdom is the best and all the stinking tree-elves can burn... At one point Alan decides to join in with his performance of Bad Boys, in which he mangles half the words but still manages to get the others to sing along.

You continue traveling with only short stops to drink and eat, moving fast and making good progress. By the time the sun has disappeared behind the horizon the singing and conversations between the men have died down to quiet murmurs punctuated by the occasional quiet laugh and even some snoring. With what little light is left, you can barely make out the unmoving shapes in the distance, humanoid forms both large and small forming hundreds of rows, like a stone army. Those traveling with you say that this is the Field of Statues. Nobody knows exactly how it started, but by now it has become a place where all sorts of people bring statues, from slaves and bandits to kings. Some do it to display their money and power, some to display their skill as artists, some to leave something behind, some as a sign of repentance or to fulfill a promise to a god... They inform you to be careful not to treat them badly, for some of them are trapped to ward off thievery and vandalism.

*sniff sniff* "What's that smell?"
"It's blood!"

Hmm... That's right. They also told you that this was the place where some refugees that were trying to avoid the war were ambushed by some sort of bird monsters. This happened only a couple of days ago. You could try to rest here, try to use the statues as cover while you sleep, maybe look for survivors or scavenge some supplies off the corpses. There are no  hills and very little vegetation around here, so finding another place that provides any sort of cover would require a fair bit of luck. And everyone (but most of all the animals carrying you) could use some rest. On the other hand, that bird monster attack happened during the night, so maybe staying here will just lead to the same thing happening to you. Maybe stopping before reaching the field of statues or after passing through it would be a better idea.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2016, 01:05:32 pm by Parisbre56 »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6602 on: December 26, 2016, 01:59:05 pm »

John, After the End

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6603 on: December 27, 2016, 08:56:23 pm »

Saevus, After the End

Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6604 on: December 28, 2016, 08:19:13 pm »

"Um, I'd like to stop before the statues Ike. I don't want to get caught in them in a trap in the dark"
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #6605 on: December 28, 2016, 09:24:48 pm »

"Ho ho ho what was I doing again? Oh right, nonspecific mischef, ho ho ho!"

Be jolly! Also attempt to plant as many Bill And Ted cuttings as I feasibly can without hurting the plant too much. Claim to inquiring others that I'm growing spinach if questioned.

Summon plant food and stuff too. Gotta have the best care for my plant.

And Rickman too. Hey, maybe Bill And Ted's an alien plant! That would make sense, he turned the kid into an alien!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6606 on: December 29, 2016, 09:09:49 am »

"Um, I'd like to stop before the statues Ike. I don't want to get caught in them in a trap in the dark"

"You'd rather be caught in a trap in an open field with no place to hide? Don't be silly now, we've got a long road ahead and precious little daylight to waste! We'll see if we can make it through before nightfall, and if not we'll rest under the cover of magnificent works of sculpture. Wonder how big they get out there?"

Going to continue forth!

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6607 on: December 31, 2016, 03:12:51 pm »

"But Ike, hiding places work both ways. I'd rather not have nasty suprises and its not like we can hide wagons anyway."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6608 on: December 31, 2016, 05:12:00 pm »

"Ah, but I have an advantage in perception. At least until I fall asleep I guess, but that's a good long time."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6609 on: December 31, 2016, 05:34:30 pm »

"Ike, wagons arent invisible. You don't really have an advantage, especially if others have good nightvision too."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #6610 on: December 31, 2016, 06:13:51 pm »

Alan pops up in the annoyingly inconvenient way he has.

"Ooh! But what if I paint the wagons with invisible paint?"
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6611 on: January 04, 2017, 09:08:38 am »

After watching Ike just stare at me without giving a response for some time, I grow a bit nervous.
"I mean, even if we have better nightvision than whatever, which we don't know for sure we do, they still have the advantage of not having a big wagon and a bunch of people who don't have good nightvision giving them away. As a group, we're really easy to spot Ike. Why are we in such a hurry that we can't just wait until tomorrow, when everyone can see, not just you? Either way we're gonna be spotted going through, might as well not cripple everyone who doesn't have eyes like yours, since we have a group with us anyway... right?"

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6612 on: January 04, 2017, 10:22:23 am »

"Silly Irine, I don't need eyes to see."

"As for the wagons, they're just as exposed anywhere else. More so out in a field, to be frank. Didn't you hear about the bird monsters? You need something over your head to protect you from the bird monsters! Simple concept, really."

"Finally, open plains aren't really a happening sort of country if you get my meaning. It's the kind of terrain where anything can happen, where the gods themselves have lost any ounce of creativity. The earth itself could open up to try and chew you up or something. Or manticores! Manticores are always bad news."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6613 on: January 04, 2017, 10:33:41 am »

"Open plains are not as featureless as you seem to think. There's all kinds of little rises and dips and all sorts of neat things hidden in the tall grass. They are not from lack of creativity. They're a prime example of hiding things in plain sight. Just look a little harder before being insulting."

"But anyway, the wagons being exposed is my point. They're just as exposed in the statues as out here, it's stupid to think we aren't spotted from far off. so we might as well be somewhere we can see as clearly as possible."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6614 on: January 04, 2017, 12:36:49 pm »

"Nobody cares about wagons. They barely even exist, honestly. Bird monsters don't care about wagons, they care about manflesh. And the sooner we get through here the lesser the chance of being ambushed by bird monsters. Or we'll get ambushed by them anyway and then we can eliminate them that much sooner. Simple, no?"

"Anyway, we move. And that's all there is to say on the matter."
Pages: 1 ... 439 440 [441] 442 443 ... 521