Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 416 417 [418] 419 420 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1126015 times)

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Dark Carnivore
« Reply #6255 on: June 30, 2016, 06:05:49 pm »

<Svajoklis, Staging area>

Talk about bad machup. My skills were pretty much useless against the guy. even so, I could had managed if only I had found the unlitmate in defence technology against terminators. Stairs. Seriously, if I had went down in an elevator and then disabled the elevator, it would had taken him days to get to me. I would had been able to find the gun that burned half of my face off and demolish the building before he'd reach halfway down.

I hoped for a squishy mage. I got a walking tank. Next time, I'll run until I find actual explosives.

((Can I explore tha starting area or do I get to wait until next game?))
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 07:38:53 pm by DreamerGhost »
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6256 on: June 30, 2016, 06:35:51 pm »

Centi-Rune skitters up to the door and attempts to open it using a button or something similar. If it cannot find a button, it simply melts through the door. It utilizes any spare biomass to augment the power of the poison.

(Yep, the "scientist" is totally my target.)
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6257 on: June 30, 2016, 06:52:51 pm »

John, After the End

((Five minutes out is perfect.))

Hmmm... yes.  I can work with this.

Follow the below plan.

EDIT:  Approximately how fast is the vehicle?
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 09:44:30 pm by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6258 on: June 30, 2016, 06:57:40 pm »

Kosak Durar, After The End

"GRAAAAAGH!"

You know Drawbridge Golf? Drawbridge Golf the pillar.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6259 on: June 30, 2016, 07:37:11 pm »

((That poor scientist. They probably don't get paid enough to get caught in the crossfire like this.))

WMD, After the End

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6260 on: June 30, 2016, 07:49:46 pm »

"Waaaaaaaait.  I had explosives?  When did I have explosives?  Huh.

So... Now what?"
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 07:53:21 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #6261 on: July 01, 2016, 12:34:43 am »

EDIT:  Approximately how fast is the vehicle?
It's a rocket powered ambulance. It's pretty fast. So your action will begin very spoon.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6262 on: July 01, 2016, 01:34:28 am »

Start running, do another sweep with the vortexes. Try to get one eye down to a manageable size.

((I fully expected to just walk into a wall and die, honestly.))

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6263 on: July 01, 2016, 09:12:28 am »

-snip-
((Stairs would certainly slow me down, considering the height of the building. But once you had entered an elevator, you'd pretty much seal your death. I'd just destroy the cable and gravity would take care of the rest.))
So your action will begin very spoon.
((This made me laugh more than it should have.))
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6264 on: July 01, 2016, 11:19:28 am »

-snip-
((Stairs would certainly slow me down, considering the height of the building. But once you had entered an elevator, you'd pretty much seal your death. I'd just destroy the cable and gravity would take care of the rest.))

((Elevators have features to prefent gravity based deaths caused by snaping cables. Getting out of the elevator after that, now that would cause problems.))
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6265 on: July 01, 2016, 11:53:48 am »

-snip-
((Elevators have features to prefent gravity based deaths caused by snaping cables. Getting out of the elevator after that, now that would cause problems.))
((They do? I have been enlightened. I could've just jumped down onto your elevator then, though.))
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #6266 on: July 02, 2016, 07:21:41 am »

The next moment Vind's arrow finds it on its front leg, causing it to lose its balance and slump down with a sad whistle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QX_lxMLhJiw

?
It says "This video is not available". I don't know what reason one could possibly have to either copyright the noise of a whistle or restrict its use in Europe.

Anyway, those things are a strange mix of grasshoper, antelope, bird, shark and dinosaur, so I don't see why not. Imagine them how you will. No matter how good one is with words, I think it is impossible for one to convey the sounds they imagine if they don't exist in the world. So I don't think I'll ever be able to tell you exactly how I imagine Cacolopes to be or sound like.

"Yeah okay fine, the carrot dimension probably isn't that interesting. No promises if something like this happens with Cheetos, though."

Mmm, Cheetos. Summon a bag and munch on them while I try to remember what we were doing here again.
No idea man. You actually led the group here in this poor village, so I thought you had a reason for it. Maybe you wanted to help them find their friends and save them from the monsters, maybe you just wanted to explore, maybe you hallucinated an exclamation mark over the mayor's head, I don't know.

You ponder this among others of life's grand questions while munching on an oversized bag of cheetos. The bag says party-sized, so you guess it's meant to be enough to serve your entire party.

Campaign, Ike!

((Though the +1 endurance likely makes it impossible, it would be funny if I did actually collide with Alan and die if I'm reading the implied rolls right.))

"No, dude, like seriously, don't jump into the goddamn portal."

Be ready to potentially tackle Alan again if he's still intent on diving into the goddamn portal.

Also get the minions to work on making sure the bandaged dude is all right, and also make sure they look out for any other approaching Taroids.

I don't know about instant death, but severe injury is certainly possibly. You just have to roll high but equal strength and then low endurance and then you're both down in the most embarrassing manner ever. Well, no, not ever, I bet there are much worse things you could come up with.

You get your men to spread out and set some lookouts while they clear the area. You also keep an ear out, ready to warn them if there's any sign of danger. A couple of them also get to work on the injured spearman.

Their search doesn't reveal any more more monsters, only corpses covered in that grey fluid. But they manage to find a few civilians, including a large group hiding locked in the basement of a store. They gather outside the town's entrance, but you're not sure what you should do with them. You could just send them down the road towards the east, the mayor did say that some people escaped towards the east.

Among the civilians, there's the wife and son of one of your men, who after embracing them, proceeds to thank you profusely. Others among your men and the civilians join him in thanking you for your help and commending you and your companions on your performance. You even get two new volunteers, a butcher and his son joining you with large and nasty-looking cleavers.

The surrounding area is mostly quiet, but you can hear noise in the distance, accompanied by cries of a beast you've heard before but never seen. It doesn't take your enhanced hearing to notice them, they're quite loud. One of the men identifies them as Cacolopes.

"Find a chokepoint while I buy time!"
Time for a power-play. I still have a lot of fire, time to use it. I shift from defensive walls to a set of good-sized spheres of flame, some near me and some farther out, and wait for the next to show. I'm going to burn them down as they expose themselves. I dedicate two spheres of flame to simply setting fire to anything flammable in the area to give me more fire to work with.
You burn the downed monster before it has a chance to get back up while you and Vind retreat from the advancing cries of the monsters, followed by an orrery of floating fire.
<♫As the sky darkens
Becoming darker than the night...♫>

Two more of the beasts jump from the roofs and land behind you, snapping their teeth at you. You turn around to get a better view and send two of your spheres at them. You blast one of them before it has a chance to react, tearing through its resistance and incinerating it before it has a chance to react. The other jumps above the fireball and towards you. An arrow finds it in the head as it lands right in front of you. But the beast appears merely disoriented, not dead, even though you saw the tip of the arrow disappear deep inside the smoke-like darkness.
<♫What could be the cause of all this?
Twisting their minds
Twisting their souls♫>

You continue moving backwards as fast as you dare while sending more fire against the monster. You can hear more of its kind above you. Another arrow finds it on its neck but it doesn't appear to be anything more than annoyed by it. It attempts to jump on you but you raise your arms to to block it. You manage to block its legs just enough to stop it from throwing you down, although your arm hurts a lot because of it, like it was whipped by a sturdy wooden stick. That momentary contact between you also felt... weird. In a bad way.

You bring your fire to bear on it and you feel it get burned for a few moments before it jumps away from you.
<♫Now everyone is corrupted
Their behavior now destructive♫>

You glance behind you. You can see Vind getting ready to fire another arrow and further behind him an open area around a small well in the middle of a crossroads. One of the buildings has been built too close to the others, the two two-storey-buildings creating a long and very narrow passage, perhaps enough for two, maybe three people to stand side by side, or one of those monsters to come through.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6267 on: July 02, 2016, 08:53:05 am »

The next moment Vind's arrow finds it on its front leg, causing it to lose its balance and slump down with a sad whistle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QX_lxMLhJiw

?
It says "This video is not available". I don't know what reason one could possibly have to either copyright the noise of a whistle or restrict its use in Europe.

It blocked the slide whistle?

https://www.sadtrombone.com/
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6268 on: July 02, 2016, 10:15:03 am »

Campaign, Ike!

"Well done, soldiers!"

How much of the town have we covered?

In any case, guard the civilians as I have two detachments lead the push into another part of town if applicable. Gotta put that good morale to use!

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6269 on: July 02, 2016, 01:12:59 pm »

"To the alley!"
Continue the flame assault whilst running to the alley.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))
Pages: 1 ... 416 417 [418] 419 420 ... 521