Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 412 413 [414] 415 416 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1126264 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Special People: After the End
« Reply #6195 on: June 08, 2016, 05:29:09 pm »

"Ike's group will have the manpower to search all the lower-risk areas efficiently, and with this giant flame overhead we aren't exactly sneaky, though I admit I'm partly counting on how the glare from it will make it hard for people to see us. Lets head to the market square and temple first, before Ike's less-well-armed group can try it and risk a lot of people getting hurt over it. In big open areas I'm going to be able to bring a lot more fire to bear than in small cramped spaces anyway."
He considers what you've said for a few seconds.
"Fine." he finally says.
"You take these then, I need my hands free." he adds, making a motion towards the unlit torches.
"We should stay away from walls. Or close to them, if we can't stay away. They might try to ambush us from above."
"Anything else? Once we're out there, we might not have time."

"Huminahuminahuminahuminahuminahuminahumina"

Scan for targets! Catch up with Ike if I haven't already.
Well, there are plenty of targets here. There's several houses, several civilians, Ike, Zechariah...
Oh, you meant enemy targets? No, can't see any of those around.
You continue to maintain control... Wonder what the Xan dice is setting you up for...

Campaign, Ike!

"Oh, certainly. Let's go get those survivors, eh! Right thing to do, no doubt."

As General of the People I do declare that my lovely regiments will proceed with the evacuation of any optimistically-expected survivors.
You do your best General Ike impression and motion for your troops to move forward in a decisive yet nonchalant manner.
"Great."
"We're moving in. Find our people and get them out safe."
the man says to the rest as he rejoins them.

Your groups move in and start going from house to house as quietly as they can. Which, of course, is not quiet enough. Not quiet enough for you and probably not quiet enough for other things either. Your troops have started going through the second row of buildings with no civvies found when you hear other footsteps closing in towards them. You hear them quickly move towards the main road, four of them, one of which breaks out from some sort of building judging by the sound of broken glass. One of them must be injured, for its gait sounds funny. Humans, most likely. Or, well, human black zombies. Wait, that doesn't sound right. Humanoid... dark beings? Virulent creatures of the night? Infected humans? Turned humanoids? Man Tar-oids?

You, meanwhile, follow your men like any general would: from the back, making cool poses with your sword and your trusty bodyguards. Well, not trusty, one of them is probably about to shoot his magical load all over you and the other is prone to sudden bouts of melancholy and running away to save people who aren't you, but you get what I mean.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6196 on: June 08, 2016, 05:41:07 pm »

I look up at the short man, trying to think of anything I might have forgotten.
"Um, stay near me? I can't avoid burning you if I don't know where you are. Um... I can't think of anything else right now."
Ready? I'm taking the torches by the way.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 05:44:44 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #6197 on: June 08, 2016, 05:43:43 pm »

((The dice lust for the biggest amount of amusing carnage almost as much as I do. Much like Xan and his id, our desires are nearly one and the same.))

Continue to maintain control until we spot the original jelly monster thing. Hold my carrot back and whisper sweet promises of velocity in its ear.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6198 on: June 09, 2016, 01:53:50 am »

Campaign, Ike!

"Aha! The Taroids have got our scent, methinks! Back, men! And women too, I assume."

Best to retreat a little. Give some room for the Taroids to charge! Get my trusty peasant regiments back as well.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #6199 on: June 11, 2016, 12:29:52 am »

((I'm late and not that proactively helpful, but also sick, and sad. :-\ :-[ Generally planning Theri to aid with what skills she has here. I think I've caught up in the past 5 pages...))
"Sir with the bow waiting for him in town, would you please get yourself a small bundle of torches, one of them lit, and come with me to guide?"
unless DAF / Tiruin are ready to play, then I'd like to leave their characters here to help guard the locals.
((Totally could help given my advantage in speed and probably strength. Still super thankful for Parisbre/DAF's attitude and mindset of continuous activity!))

Given Theri's current circumstances, she did her best as she could--bereft of magic unlike Irine, something she made known to the villagers in contrast as she tended to them and their needs. She put forward the idea that despite a group going away to take care of their concerns, the rest should keep aware. She was surprised at the recent happenings within the village of Dragon's Hole, and mused that they must be nearing their objective--finding whomever River mentioned a long time ago. Her memory was hazy at the moment.

"I get that I don't look much like someone many of you would like to be with, but I would like to know more about what happened recently. I'm here to help, and so are my friends--I cannot do any magic, but that doesn't mean we're any weaker without it. Can anyone help me here; who leads the village? What are your professions? Who watched the fighting directly?"

Acquire human intelligence resource. Get information. Try to be useful being the only one left behind. Also try to sense for River...
((As far as I recall, there is a way I can contact the others from here, right?))
« Last Edit: June 11, 2016, 12:31:54 am by Tiruin »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #6200 on: June 11, 2016, 11:00:20 am »

Rune-blastbear survives by any means necessary!
Rune uses run.
Rune quickly transforms into a very thin and long creature, like a giant millipede made out of paper. with giant legs. He uses his legs to jump towards the ceiling.

William points his ranged tentacles at Rune. There's a flash of light and out of nowhere, Rune is now surrounded by a floating box of mirrors. He jumps through the top mirror, breaking it apart, but something is wrong. Everything is strange. All the colours are inverted. That will make seeing things hard, until he gets used to it or it wears off.

After a moment of confusion, he decides to ignore it and just slips through the cracks on the ceiling, into the floor above this one.
Got away safely?

Fire the Dubstep Bomb!
You feel the last of your strength leaving you. Your flesh and bone retreats back inside you, back where it should be... mostly. You'll never get over all those new strange lumps and hard spots that have appeared on your body ever since you were abducted.

Now you should probably get out of here. You may be back to a healthy (if a bit tired) human form but you're A) naked B) in a room that might collapse soon and C) in the centre of a magical battlefield. You think there's still some poison floating around. That and all the other weird stuff in here might be bad for your health.

At least you can still see Rune. It's like there is a miasmatic purplish wind that is constantly blowing through the path he took and you can somehow see what he sees whenever you look at it directly. Should be useful for avoiding or finding him. And if you're lucky, that means that others can see him too, so it might make him more vulnerable to other dangers. I mean, he did look like he was in a worse state than you.

Hm. Looks like your ranged weapons are also semi-random. Or maybe it's related to that damn corruption. Wait. Corruption. Weren't there a bunch of your tentacles squirming around here? I guess we should add a D to the reasons for wanting to escape this room.

Rush Svajoklis and tackle him to the ground if I manage to get close enough. If I manage to tackle him, his face gets the Golden Arm treatment. If he manages to evade me, use the crossbow.
"Rush"? Really? Okay, if that's what you're going for, I'll roll with for it.
<Svajoklis, After the End>

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Svajoklis attempts to shoot Savus in the back. He raises his gun, pulls the trigger and a round flies right above Saevus' shoulder. The casing gets stuck on the rifle's ejector. Svajoklis spends several seconds mentally cursing the gun, the world, himself and everything else as he starts legging it.

Saevus tries to catch up to him, but by the time he has started moving, the only thing left in his opponent's place is a Svajoklis-shaped cloud. He attempts to blast his opponent, but only manages to hit the ceiling and destroy some lights instead.

: -sending a team up to investigate the source of the disturbance. :

Svajoklis runs for the service stairway, presses the button top open the door and... nothing happens. It's not powered. He attempts to force the door open by running into it but only manages to form a dent on it.

Saevus unleashes a hail of crossbow bolts on his position, but he has already jumped behind the reception desk, where he is working to unjam his rifle. The bolts get embedded on the plastic of the door and the reception desk and the quickly fizzle into nothingness.

: Everyone should get ready for combat and report to their posts. :

This looks like a good time to take some potshots.
You open the back door of the van and start firing. You manage to hit the road, some air, a random car... and then the driver swerves right just as you're about to fire, you lose your balance, grasp for a handhold and shoot one of the two guys with you in the face.
"WHAT THE FUCK?!"
"What?"
"You just shot Marvin in the face!"
"Well, it was an accident. It's all the driver's fault."

You're about to keep arguing when the missiles hit. The tiny explosions cause the entire highway to shake. The driver does his best to keep the van stable, but then there is a bump and it twists sideways. You feel weightless for a moment and then everything starts spinning. You hit something and everything goes black.

You are unconscious. And probably hurt.

Grr.  "Damn it!  Watch out!"

Time to focus on driving; both in avoiding those explosions and trying to get closer.
You pull the handbrake momentarily and drift left while at the same time slowing down just enough to stay in the sweet spot you've created and hide behind another car.

It looks like this drone has never heard of the three laws, as it seem to not give a damn about collateral damage. Destruction rains down all across the highway. The section in front of you can't take anymore and starts collapsing. Your target's van makes it across to the other section, where it leans to the side, impacts the ground, spins around and then slams against the protective barrier. Your target is probably still alive though, since those black distortions are still there close to the van, looking stronger than ever.

However, right now, you have bigger problems. The section of highway in front of you, the last one before the Central Tower, the one your target is on, it is higher than the one you are on. Which means that if you keep going at this speed, you'll slam into a solid block of reinforced concrete in a few seconds. But if you stop, you'll be a sitting duck for the drone and risk letting your target get away.

Kosak Durar, After The End

"Eh?"

I guess not. Kosak looks around.
Ok then, we'll continue with your exploration of the underground if you don't want to fast forward.

The area looks similar to the one you were before, but much darker and quite larger. You can see that the thing you destroyed was just part of a greater structure. You're not even sure if you should call this an animal or a plant. You can see similar worm-like tentacles branching off a central trunk disappearing into various pipes, doors or holes in the walls. And it looks like the one you "killed" (maimed might be a more appropriate word) wasn't even the largest one.

The central trunk rises out of a pipe in the bottom of the room and is slowly pulsing. The greater structure does not appear to be aware of you, or if it is, it's not showing that in its reactions.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2016, 11:06:23 am by Parisbre56 »

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6201 on: June 11, 2016, 11:54:15 am »

Stop jumping around and just die, dammit. Blast the desk he's hiding behind. Have my crossbow at the ready should he try to move away from the desk. Keep my shield up in case he tries shooting me.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6202 on: June 11, 2016, 11:55:33 am »

<After The End>

Uhhh...
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6203 on: June 11, 2016, 01:20:40 pm »

Centi-Rune pops his head back into the room and assesses the situation. He changes his eyes to negate the effect of this color inversion. If he no longer has his acid cannons, he evolves them again. If he still has them, he fires on his foe.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6204 on: June 11, 2016, 01:44:54 pm »

Go back the way I came. Put as much distance as I can between me and that room. See if I can find some clothes on the way. Try to stay somewhat near some part of the weapon assembly while I recharge. Oh, and take advantage of that miasma purple stuff to avoid Rune.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2016, 03:39:17 pm by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6205 on: June 11, 2016, 02:06:59 pm »

Well, might as well look through some old memories while I'm out.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6206 on: June 11, 2016, 02:32:15 pm »

Kosak Durar, After The End

"PREPARE TO DIE!!!"
((Why does it seem to me like my character has a mind of his own?))

Kosak charges the central trunk thing, aiming to kill it with many punches.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6207 on: June 11, 2016, 04:33:00 pm »

"Fuck, hang on!"

Hit the braaakes! If I can't stop in time, rapidly shift the driver's seat up so I personally don't hit the wall; a makeshift eject, if you will. If stopping is done safely, start shooting at the target.

Shoot at the drone instead if it's even close to threatening me.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6208 on: June 12, 2016, 01:35:51 am »

Zechariah chided himself mentally as he continued with the group.

Of course they'd be afraid of shadows, idiot. That's what they're fighting right now, after all! And suddenly, a bunch of strange people show up with promises to help, but towing along a kid who can bend shadows to his will. Brilliant!

"Please don't be afraid," Zechariah reassured. "I'm not one of the monsters. I'm just here to try and help. If this.. 'magic' scares you, then I won't use it for now." He held his staff down as he walked and tried to stay behind Ike and the others. Looking down at his staff, he wondered if his crystal abilities would be reliable enough to use in this area. Considering that he was pained even in an area lit by sunlight before, he doubted it. If he needed to break out the shadows again, however, he seemed to have more than enough power to be able to repel any threat.

It's just a question of whether or not he can control that power.

Stay close like before and try to keep on guard with my sight as best as possible. If I suspect danger, see if I have enough natural light around to gather crystals. If not, gather small amounts of shadows.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6209 on: June 12, 2016, 03:31:14 am »

<Svajoklis, After the End>

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.
Pages: 1 ... 412 413 [414] 415 416 ... 521