Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 402 403 [404] 405 406 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1127008 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: After the End
« Reply #6045 on: May 16, 2016, 06:40:38 pm »

"Sit tight.  Might have something for you here..."

Let's go with a more active defense system for the car; controllable shields, point defense, and the like.  Put a control console on the "passenger" side.  Instruct her in use.  Edge closer with whatever concentration is left over.

"You can handle defense.  I'm sure you're interested in staying alive, against whatever the target's going to bring to bear."

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6046 on: May 16, 2016, 06:53:18 pm »

<Auugh I Need A Map - After The End>
Let's just say 'exit cannon before it explodes'?

Also, do I have some sort of line to an entity or...

<Ahem?  Is there anybody, like, watching this or what?>
« Last Edit: May 16, 2016, 06:55:18 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6047 on: May 16, 2016, 07:25:32 pm »

Kosak Durar, After The End:

*sigh* "Okay then... Let's MOVE ON TO KICKS!"

Kicking of the worm intensifies. Preferably in the midsection.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #6048 on: May 16, 2016, 09:31:05 pm »

Alan

"AlienShip? SpaceShip?"
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6049 on: May 16, 2016, 11:13:34 pm »

Back to the crossbow. Chase. Murder.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 11:56:10 am by Hawk132 »
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6050 on: May 17, 2016, 12:56:37 am »

Hope for another RME. Fire all my weapons with enough range at my opponent.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #6051 on: May 17, 2016, 02:19:54 am »

Stick with Irine and support her actions, after thinking and pondering over this recent existential connection and the possible lack of it.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6052 on: May 17, 2016, 11:51:30 am »

<Svajoklis, After the End>

"Our only grace is that it is so slow. I Can't see shit but I know the way by heart."

Help Limpy hobble, see if we can get to the elevator. With any luck, he had the sense to close his eyes as he ran and has somewhat better vision of things than I.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6053 on: May 17, 2016, 12:54:40 pm »

Campaign, Ike!

Place Irine upside-down in a corner (sort of like a sat down position, but with the position of the legs and head reversed), then return to speaking with Rickman.

"NewNest? OldNest?"

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6054 on: May 17, 2016, 04:05:57 pm »

"... Somehow, that outsider is catching up to us, and making a big scene as he does so. And there's a drone paying a visit."

Watch out for any attacks pointed towards us, and please don't do anything to anger that drone.

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6055 on: May 18, 2016, 09:59:01 am »

((Well shoot, I completely forgot this existed for a couple of days, had to go to someone's graduation, lots of other stuff too, sorry. Am I still good to pick up where we left off?))
Spoiler: action (click to show/hide)
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #6056 on: May 18, 2016, 07:02:41 pm »

Alan

"AlienShip? SpaceShip?"
He looks at you questioningly. You think he either has trouble understanding the question or can't find the answer for it.

Stick with Irine and support her actions, after thinking and pondering over this recent existential connection and the possible lack of it.
Irine is currently meditating, so you think the best you can do for her is make sure she is safe and remains undisturbed. Which is why you choose to stop Ike from messing with her.

As for River... you aren't 100% certain. After all, he is a being of magic, so it is hard to use pure reason to come to a conclusion.
He said his species is supposed to be good at forming connections, so maybe the reason you felt that way is that he formed some sort of connection with you?
Or maybe it could be that you were feeling him close to you because he was actually close to you. After all, he did say he would be watching.
But then, if that's the case, then what could this recent feeling, this... void mean? Did he leave? Did something happen to him?

If pure reason can't be used to come to a conclusion, then perhaps the answer is in your subconscious, in your feelings. And your feelings tell you... You have a bad feeling about this. Whatever River's disappearance could mean, it is not something good.

Campaign, Ike!

Place Irine upside-down in a corner (sort of like a sat down position, but with the position of the legs and head reversed), then return to speaking with Rickman.

"NewNest? OldNest?"
"NewNest." Rickman responds, after some thought.

Theri prevents you from having some fun with Irine by explaining to you that doing that would be wrong and impolite and that it could hurt Irine's feelings or worse hurt her if she is casting complex magic because she would lose her concentration and might even accidentally hurt you even though she's certain she would feel really bad about that and that a good friend must not hurt their friends or their feelings and that... well, you tuned her out after that point, but you're pretty sure that's the gist of it. It's nice to know that even with giant ears you can still choose not to listen to things.

<D, my change mechanic as originally designed isn't entirely here. My body data for changes and my rebirth mechanic both went out through my links to external storage that was integrated with the implementation of how physics worked in my home universe, using the laws of physics themselves as a storage medium, and as a result those same laws of physics demanded the rebirth to occur in the event of my death. As I said before, when I designed myself, everything was integrated with each other, the flame manipulation, shapechanging, rebirth, telepathy, and my links to the universe itself were all actually just different aspects of the same mechanism. I don't think that's the way you Entities design things. You segment things, your designs are less organic. So I suspect if we look for where the heaviest redesign occured, we'll find a central nexus where my abilities were split apart to be worked with and on individually.>
<I dunno girl. Maybe it's the way I think about things. But I can't see a giant soup of interacting energy that can do everything. Well, I mean, I can, but it's not very helpful. I don't have a problem with highly coupled systems, but there's a line between that and... more chaotic things. Complexity and stability and sentience tend to dislike that, it's hard to maintain in general... It's the difference between a human and an amoeba and even that would lying about amoebas because even those have some segmentation and specialization, they aren't all just one thing. You only see systems like that in outsiders. Well, no, I mean, the outsiders we tend to meet, not you.>
He focuses more on searching than thinking of a response, leaving large gaps between the words.
<Then again, now that I think about it, you could mean this in a different way. Could be that the communication channel is mostly integrated, like a brainstem and the laws of physics are segmented appropriately. Really, I can't judge without seeing the whole picture. Maybe if I recover enough energy, I'll have a chance to get closer to you and see the bigger picture. And show you how good a proper soul-merge can feel.>

<Anyway, looks like we're here.>
This area is surrounded by the remains of something that looks kinda like a sphere or a sack that looks like it has mostly broken down. From its walls a structure as indecipherable and complex as the others around here rises towards its centre, like a broken mountain range. The structure twists around impossibly, like only things in dreams can do, stabbing its peaks through its centre and outside of itself.

You can sense a lot of different energy here. Remnants bearing either his or her energy, with his being closer to the edges, where the holes are, while hers is more focused towards the centre. However, the most interesting thing is D's energy, connected to the peaks through channels of energy that look huge from your perspective. It feels like the energy has borrowed into them and through and "deposited" new layers of energy throughout the structure and its surroundings.
<So. That's interesting.>
But if this is his-
<Well, I think that's enough for now.>

When you regain your senses and open your eyes, you feel quite tired or maybe just a bit out of it. The others are still around. Theri is between you and Ike and is apparently giving some sort of speech about why friendship is the best thing ever.
<Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to rest for a minute. Poke me if you need anything.>
With that, he retreats back into himself and lays quiet. You don't know if he's actually that tired or if he's just doing it to avoid talking to you.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6057 on: May 19, 2016, 07:06:20 am »

<That spinal column analogy is a good one.>

"Hehe, sorry about that. Um, Ike? How about you hang on to Nik a while longer, I'm a little out of it right now."
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6058 on: May 20, 2016, 07:13:21 pm »

"Um, if everyone is done here, could we get moving again? We still have traveling to do."
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #6059 on: May 21, 2016, 12:12:45 am »

Now having Irine's possible attention, and happy that Ike seemed somewhat OK with her thoughts, Theri decided to ask her more magically-inclined friend some particular questions.

"Hey Irine, I've had this feeling nudging my side for quite some time and I- I feel that River's disappearance smells like foreboding. Figuratively. Any way you can sense him out for me?"

Let's get to moving! Be forward scout if possible!
Pages: 1 ... 402 403 [404] 405 406 ... 521