Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 391 392 [393] 394 395 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1126602 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Wacky Death Rave
« Reply #5880 on: March 20, 2016, 12:35:48 pm »

"Ike, hey, wrong way. Where are you trying to go?"
I thought our goal was at Nether Pass?

"Isn't it the correct direction? Although then again you're the map officer, so I'll defer to you on this."

To Nether Pass, actually? It might actually be the same direction, I don't remember.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5881 on: March 20, 2016, 01:02:01 pm »

"I thought we were heading to Nether Pass. You know, path of most resistance and all that? Plus it's directly in line with where River thought our target went."
Towards Nether Pass

<What, nothing? I thought you'd have something to say about that.>
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5882 on: March 20, 2016, 04:42:42 pm »

"Hang on, so Nether Pass was north of Whateverthefuckville, and Whateverthefuckville could be reached by Podunk Mine. And the way to Podunk Mine was the... southern road? Southeast road? Both of those?"

"I think it was something like that, right?"

Yeah, we're probably going to Nether Pass actually. Along the southern, warmer road with more vegetation available that we could hide in?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #5883 on: March 20, 2016, 06:01:57 pm »

<What, nothing? I thought you'd have something to say about that.>
<Yeah, you're right, it wasn't one of my best lines. Let me try again, I think I'll come up with something better.

Oh, hahaha! River's into gardening. Can you imagine him planting flowers? With a little shovel and a little watering can? And an apron with a smiling flower on it? Hahaha. Oh. I thought dogs got plants out of the ground, not into it.

Oh, hey, the girls are getting it on. Nice. I guess this is a case where the good girl gets the girl, hehe.

Another universe that will soon be brought to the light. Another place I could visit. Might go there and have some fun with the locals. See what makes this Earth-world interesting. Introduce them to some feelings that are out of their world? Hehe.

Really wish Stellar had given Charlie a better beating. Oh well, I can always hope it will happen eventually.

What do you say? Better?>

"Hang on, so Nether Pass was north of Whateverthefuckville, and Whateverthefuckville could be reached by Podunk Mine. And the way to Podunk Mine was the... southern road? Southeast road? Both of those?"

"I think it was something like that, right?"

Yeah, we're probably going to Nether Pass actually. Along the southern, warmer road with more vegetation available that we could hide in?
I'll try to draw a small map for you when I can, but if the others don't disagree, we'll say you get going that way.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5884 on: March 20, 2016, 06:22:25 pm »

<So nothing about that argument between you and Stellar? That was kinda the opposite of what you told me a bit ago, about Stellar and rules. She was mad at you for following them. I figured you just were doing right by your Player, and he was on the opposite team from me, but I guess helping someone oppose me made her mad? And apparently when Stellar left she beat up Charlie? I didn't know anything about that. Could you explain? And are you sure Stellar under-reacted? Seriously, why is this deal such bad news? Yeah, he's got more power than me by a huge margin, but so do all of you Entities. I've got a ton of ways to lawyer my way out of it if I have too, and protecting someone is the kind of thing I'd like to do anyway. I'm guessing he's going to want me to protect someone from Stellar, because there's others that are stronger than me, so it's probably my position or relationship that matters to him. If it's someone that I really shouldn't be protecting, then doing so would be a betrayal of my friend, so I could just say no. If it's someone that deserves protection anyway, then there's no problem with doing it. I was careful. That clause right there will make sure that, no matter what he asks, he can't force me to hurt Stellar. I don't understand why I should be afraid.>
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #5885 on: March 21, 2016, 06:51:46 pm »

<So nothing about that argument between you and Stellar? That was kinda the opposite of what you told me a bit ago, about Stellar and rules. She was mad at you for following them. I figured you just were doing right by your Player, and he was on the opposite team from me, but I guess helping someone oppose me made her mad?>
<Hehe. Sometimes I forget how young you are. Humans are emotional. The same is true about entities. That's part of what makes them different from outsiders. (Well, most of us anyway, there's always freaks like S0.) So, she yelled at me for helping Ike and 'betraying her' by doing what I thought was the right thing, just like I know she'll yell at me for breaking the rules and coming here to help you because I thought it was the right thing to do. Sometimes we're not purely consistent and logical beings. Sometimes she acts on her emotions. But that doesn't change how I feel about her.

And... well, she's not entirely wrong about yelling at me for helping Ike. I could had just misled him or otherwise confused him. But that would be kind of a dick move, don't you think? I gave her some vague thoughts and feelings, I didn't give Ike too much advice... I helped both as much as I could, I tried to keep her from acting on her emotions and breaking any rules, I did what I thought was best. As much as I love her, as close as our bond brings us, she should know that I'm an individual, that I make my own choices and do what I think is best for her and for me. I'm not some trained dog that's supposed to obey her every word. I think once she takes some time to think it over, she'll discuss it more calmly with me. Or, you know, scold me instead of giving me the silent treatment. It's a hundred times better to have her angry with me and yelling at me than silent and disappointed.>

<And apparently when Stellar left she beat up Charlie? I didn't know anything about that. Could you explain? And are you sure Stellar under-reacted?>
<Well, that might just be me using big words combined with some wishful thinking on my part. All I saw was her getting angry, slamming Charlie on a wall and forcefully dragging him to a private area. I can always hope it ended in a beating. But, knowing her, it probably ended in a stern talking to. Maybe some compensation, if we're lucky. If the deal was off, then I think either me or you would had heard about it.>
Seriously, why is this deal such bad news? Yeah, he's got more power than me by a huge margin, but so do all of you Entities. I've got a ton of ways to lawyer my way out of it if I have too, and protecting someone is the kind of thing I'd like to do anyway. I'm guessing he's going to want me to protect someone from Stellar, because there's others that are stronger than me, so it's probably my position or relationship that matters to him. If it's someone that I really shouldn't be protecting, then doing so would be a betrayal of my friend, so I could just say no. If it's someone that deserves protection anyway, then there's no problem with doing it. I was careful. That clause right there will make sure that, no matter what he asks, he can't force me to hurt Stellar. I don't understand why I should be afraid.>
<Because the guy is a total fucking psychopath! You never know when he'll turn on you, what deranged thoughts are in his head, how he'll hurt you just to have fun! How he'll grab you by the throat and make you feel like you can't breathe under the weight of his control. How he'll use any opportunity he gets to gain power over you and use it. And you just gave him an opportunity! More leverage to bend the rules in his favour even more. Making it harder for us to protect you. And he- he- Gah! If only I could-... find a way to-... say-... Gaaah! Just- just trust me. The guy is bad news. Especially for you and Stellar. I wanna rend him into a thousand pieces, tear him apart and vaporise him! If you don't want to believe me, then fine. Just remember my warning when the time comes: He'll find a way to make you regret that promise, to use it to put you under his control and hurt you. I don't know how exactly, but he will. And all I can do is hope you can find the power inside yourself to save what's important, when the time comes.>

<Ah. Fuck, damn, just, shit, I hate this, this is- I'll- I'll just stop.
Sorry.>

Quick map, as I promised: https://www.dropbox.com/s/iuho80wos3v75x2/general_map.gif?dl=0
Photobucket resizes my images so I can't upload it there and display it here.
It's mostly what the general told you put into visual form. It covers the central and central-eastern parts of the map you have in your inventory.
Ask if you want to examine a particular part of the map further.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #5886 on: March 21, 2016, 11:42:11 pm »

Ponder what exactly it is we're doing again. We were, like, delivering pizza to River's sister or something, right?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5887 on: March 22, 2016, 01:10:27 am »

<I still haven't managed to figure out why you can't be direct about what you think Charlie has in mind... wait a sec, is the right word can't or won't?>
« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 01:24:02 am by Lenglon »

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #5888 on: March 25, 2016, 11:16:45 am »

<<Can I join this? Maybe?>>
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5889 on: March 25, 2016, 04:40:28 pm »

((Yep.  No real waitlist; instructions are in OP.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5890 on: March 25, 2016, 04:43:37 pm »

Yeah, so Knospasaki looks like the most sensible next stop. Need to loot the dragon's lair! And it's practically on the way, too!
« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 06:29:31 pm by Harry Baldman »

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #5891 on: March 25, 2016, 04:51:43 pm »

<<Cool. I'm going to go write up a character I like, be back in a bit.>>
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5892 on: March 25, 2016, 04:53:51 pm »

Yeah, so Knospasaki looks like the most sensible next stop. Need to loot the dragon's lair! And it's practically on the way, too!
No, it's not even close. we have to go farther away from our destination to go there.
Circle around Areloggez and then continue heading east.
"Quit it with the stupid dragon lair greed Ike, you're just trying to get yourself into trouble for material things that we can't even take with us."
If the party ends up splitting I pass the map to Ike beforehand.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 07:46:38 pm by Lenglon »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5893 on: March 25, 2016, 05:13:58 pm »

"Not greed, thoroughness. What if the thing we're looking for is actually in the dragon's hole rather than the pass of the nethers? Besides, climate's much milder in that direction, I hear. And there's more forests! I like forests, you know. We can either check two things on the way or go the long way around and then possibly return back the whole long way."
« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 05:20:54 pm by Harry Baldman »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5894 on: March 25, 2016, 05:22:56 pm »

"There is no reason to think our quarry is there. The only reason it was even brought up was you asked, specifically, about dragons. You just want to go dragon-hunting."
Pages: 1 ... 391 392 [393] 394 395 ... 521