Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 390 391 [392] 393 394 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1126536 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Wacky Death Rave
« Reply #5865 on: March 19, 2016, 07:41:39 pm »

"Daisy chain!"

Make everyone link hands and/or tie our currently zoned-out people's hands to each other then start walking off in a random direction except the ones we came from.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5866 on: March 19, 2016, 07:45:26 pm »

"What? No, Alan, I'm not doing that."
<What was Stellar's perspective on my deal with Charlie? She seemed thrown off by it, like she heard something far more risky from the deal than what I had agreed to.>
« Last Edit: March 19, 2016, 07:50:13 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #5867 on: March 19, 2016, 10:24:30 pm »

"Daisy chain!"

Make everyone link hands and/or tie our currently zoned-out people's hands to each other then start walking off in a random direction except the ones we came from.
You make everyone link hands and sing Kumbaya, given that you currently lack either the physical or the mental capacity to force them to move.

You should tell camp-fire stories next.

<What was Stellar's perspective on my deal with Charlie? She seemed thrown off by it, like she heard something far more risky from the deal than what I had agreed to.>
<Well, wouldn't you find it worrying if someone betrayed your trust and approached a friend of yours in secret and made a deal concerning you and her behind your back? Wouldn't that look shady to you, even if they claimed they had good intentions despite doing this behind your back?

Not to mention the fact that you actually took a risk for her, when she considers herself responsible for you. She feels like she not only failed to protect you, she actually hurt you, however indirectly. And yes, you may try to go about this logically and give arguments about why that is not true, but sometimes feelings are hard to control, even when countered by reason.

Furthermore, I don't know if she has said this to you, but she does believe in following the rules she has agrees with, possibly more than anyone else in the games. So she dislikes even considering anything that could be considered even remotely shady. I know she feels so conflicted at times about this, about how hard it is to remain lawful, especially here at the games. And I know I'll never hear the end of it when she finds out what I did here.

Plus, this is Charlie we're talking about. Do you really think she overreacted? If you ask me, she took the matter too calmly. Much too calmly.>

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5868 on: March 19, 2016, 10:49:16 pm »

I pause for a bit after that, calming myself.
"Okay, um, I guess nobody has a way to contact River, so we'll just have to trust him to find his way to us. Considering our history with the locals, we probably want to avoid the towns, how about we move at night, rest during the day? I've got the general's map and can make some flame to light our way whenever it's needed. sound like a plan?"

<D, I meant the question very specifically. What was the agreement I made with Charlie, as well as you and Stellar understand it?>
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #5869 on: March 19, 2016, 11:53:29 pm »

<Oh, well, I don't know, I think it was something about being a bodyguard or something? I didn't get the specifics. What kind of wording did he use? The specific wording. That's usually important when you make a deal with the devil and other rules-lawyery and literal-genie-prone entities.>

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5870 on: March 19, 2016, 11:59:19 pm »

Rather than answer him I show him the memory of what happened.
Spoiler: What happened (click to show/hide)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #5871 on: March 20, 2016, 12:11:22 am »

<Oooh boy. That's it? That's vague as hell. Depending on who's there to back you up and who's there to back him up, this could go really bad.>

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5872 on: March 20, 2016, 12:31:49 am »

<Yeah, I can be a literal genie too. Not sure Charlie understood what he was agreeing to. Hopefully I'll be able to just do what he asks and call it good, but if he tries something shady I will have the ground to say no. Then the question will be if he will accept it.>

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5873 on: March 20, 2016, 01:46:51 am »

"Alrighty. Is it night or day?"

Be very oblivious
Sig! Onol

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5874 on: March 20, 2016, 02:22:00 am »

I send the next sequence of memories to D without preamble or explanation.

"It's dusk Alan, the end of the day, the beginning of the night."
« Last Edit: March 20, 2016, 02:26:52 am by Lenglon »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5875 on: March 20, 2016, 03:04:20 am »

"Alrighty then, let's go! You keep doing your fairy consultation thingy and just walk where me and Ike pull you."
Sig! Onol

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5876 on: March 20, 2016, 03:10:33 am »

Campaign, Ike!

"I think River's gonna make himself available when he feels like it, probably. Well, either that or he's gotten into a fistfight with the general or something. Let's get a bit further away and maybe camp out and wait for him a bit."

Go parallel to the road, of course. Should know what direction that's in, right? Onward to explore the Dragon's Hole!

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #5877 on: March 20, 2016, 07:37:52 am »

Campaign, Ike!

"I think River's gonna make himself available when he feels like it, probably. Well, either that or he's gotten into a fistfight with the general or something. Let's get a bit further away and maybe camp out and wait for him a bit."

Go parallel to the road, of course. Should know what direction that's in, right? Onward to explore the Dragon's Hole!
A quick reminder of what you know: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=133001.msg6629465#msg6629465
Since you're east of Godstone hill now, close to Areloggez, you'd have to go south-south-east to reach Dragon's hole. We'll say you start walking that way, making sure to stay away from the road and give others a chance to disagree.

"Alrighty. Is it night or day?"

Be very oblivious
It's dusk hour. It will be dark in about an hour.

[5] You walk straight into a cliff wall.

<Yeah, I can be a literal genie too. Not sure Charlie understood what he was agreeing to. Hopefully I'll be able to just do what he asks and call it good, but if he tries something shady I will have the ground to say no. Then the question will be if he will accept it.>
<Yeah, but you see, in these sorts of situations, anything that could be interpreted as something different than "I'll do anything I want, which might include doing what you want" is dangerous. You're not an entity, you don't have the same capabilities or protections as we do. In the right circumstances he could use one of his lackeys to force you to do whatever he wants and claim that whatever he forces you to do was completely lawful. Or worse, he might find away to really not violate any of your conditions but still make matters worse for you. Trust me, if there's a way to use this against you, Charlie can find it. Hopefully he won't use this to hurt you, he has made this deal because he actually thinks you'll be useful in the future, but you can't really rely on that. Not with a person like him.>

I send the next sequence of memories to D without preamble or explanation.

"It's dusk Alan, the end of the day, the beginning of the night."
<Ellipses>
« Last Edit: March 20, 2016, 07:58:19 am by Parisbre56 »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5878 on: March 20, 2016, 07:49:06 am »

Campaign, Ike!

"Don't you know you never split the party, clerics in the back..." Ike begins to quietly sing to himself as he marches south-south east to the next leg of the journey.

FORWARD MARCH. Discreetly. Keep ears and eyes out for assholes, whether military, monstrous or River.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5879 on: March 20, 2016, 11:12:51 am »

"Ike, hey, wrong way. Where are you trying to go?"
I thought our goal was at Nether Pass?
Pages: 1 ... 390 391 [392] 393 394 ... 521