Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 379 380 [381] 382 383 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1124541 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Map Time
« Reply #5700 on: February 09, 2016, 10:07:11 am »

((Footrace vs Rhymerer, no teleporting, time warping, or interdimensional shortcuts allowed.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #5701 on: February 09, 2016, 02:13:28 pm »

(Actually, the arena, campaign, and race are tied. I think that means World's Deadliest Roadtrip!)
I think some of you might be messing with me.
You're messing with me, aren't you?
Fine then, we'll do this the old fashioned way then.
Everyone who wants to go on a mission, vote on which kind of mission you'd like, either here or in a PM. Alarith, that means you too, since either way your mission will be over once I get around to doing that turn.

((Footrace vs Rhymerer, no teleporting, time warping, or interdimensional shortcuts allowed.))
I spent half a minute trying to remember who Footrace is and why I don't remember that entity before I realised what you meant.
Come on brain, start working properly.

Spoiler: Characer sheet (click to show/hide)
I was thinking he'd just spawn them in the air or air equivalent, actually. I wouldn't mind if they were stuck to things, though.
Okay then, let's see what modifiers this has...
Wow, that thing is surprisingly powerful in terms of game mechanics. There's a lot of minuses here.
Well, let's see what we can do about this.

First there's the simple method of giving penalties. -1 strength, -1 dexterity, -1 end stuff like that. To that I will add actually making the ability itself weaker, which essentially translates to penalties in effectiveness when used in situations more powerful than it should be.

Then there's things that are a bit more interesting. Like for example, the energy you drain actually goes inside you. And not in the good "fill me with power so I might smite my enemies" kind of way. In the "ohshitshitshithelpI'monfire" kind of way. Or have the requirement for vortexes to be constantly operational and draining, with failure to drain large amounts of energy energy resulting in a very quick death, thus forcing you to stay close to sources of energy. Or maybe you are some sort of creature of the night and you have a relatively common negative, like sunlight or crosses or something like that.

There's also more minor things that can help push you over the required point limit. For example, having some sort of feature that makes you very easily recognizable but can be concealed. Like an unnaturally emaciated body or semitransparent flesh that makes him look really weird.

Any preference or ideas? Feel free to PM them if you don't feel like doing this publicly. Unless you just want me to come up with something. I could even keep your weaknesses a secret even from you if you want it to be extra fun.
I'm just trying to avoid a situation where you have no idea how your ability works or you get something completely different than what you wanted.

Campaign

"Alrighty, that should do it."

Hand the kid Professor Alan.

"Hey, take care of this guy for me, alright? Take him on adventures and stuff. As for me..."

Alan dons a vaguely inspiring/highly terrifying expression depending on how well you know him. 

"I'm going to go use the fine art of diplomacy."

March confidently out of the basement and toward wherever the fighting is. Go look for soldiers or whatever. Obtain target!
After an emotional goodbye, you start making your way to wherever the fighting is.
You shed a manly tear as you walk away to conduct "diplomacy".

So, the problem here is that you're from the future, so your valiant cavalry charge is going to have to wait for a couple of turns. First so that I can give you a description of what you'll see when you get out there and then so that you can actually reach wherever the fighting is.

Ah. Well, RIP. Really should have payed more attention to the direction we were going.

Good luck Ike.
Eh, it's not that bad. It could had been worse.
Then again, things can always get worse. Speaking of which...

"G-General Linus, sir, We still need a copy of your map to guide us. That's why we're still here, remember?"
"Fine. I'll get you your damn map. Then you leave."
<Yay. We get a map.>

((Anything else you want to do or just get the map and leave through the indicated tunnel?))

Campaign, Ike!

"Aw, dammit. And here I was hoping to be the big damn hero again."

Weave away and see if I can't knife the downed shieldbearer in the throat during my retreat. Otherwise be on the defensive for now. Pay attention to my surroundings as I try to dodge.

You try to find an opening to break your sword lock and strike at the fallen soldier behind you. But the moment you try to slip away, you notice another soldier striking at you from the side. You have no choice but to bend to take a step back and to the side, positioning your blade to block his strike while still holding the other soldier's blade at bay. You try to push as hard as you can. Your knees bend and you feel the dirt slipping beneath your feet. Their combined strength is too much. You fall on one knee, using your free hand to steady yourself. They pull their blades back and prepare for another strike.

The third soldier helps the fallen soldier and mage get up. That done, they all turn towards you.

Most of the other soldiers stay close to Nikolai's body, but a couple of them are coming towards you.

This is going badly. It's almost as if you're not fighting clueless recruits while wearing a ton of armour and wielding heavy weapons.
Now might be a good time for an escape plan. You could probably outrun them if you get lucky, assuming they don't hit you with a ranged attack and assuming they have no method of fast travel. Still, there might be ways to increase your odds. Simply running away didn't seem to work out so well with Nikolai. Perhaps it would be wise to try to do better than him.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5702 on: February 09, 2016, 02:24:39 pm »

The people demand their PVP galactic wacky death roadtrip Paris!
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5703 on: February 09, 2016, 02:25:01 pm »

YEAH!
(Or a Wacky Demolition Derby, that would be fun)
« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 02:27:32 pm by Salsacookies »
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5704 on: February 09, 2016, 02:31:29 pm »

Campaign, Ike!

Am I just permanently surrounded or something?

To team: <Status report: my fine friend Nikolai tried to hide from a patrol in an open field right along their path, then started trying to fight them. I then tried to extract him - now he's been stabbed in the brain and I'm being encircled by assholes, including one wizard. Would anybody like to assist? Maybe burn some people to death and recover my datasphere? I'd certainly appreciate it.>

What's the point in locking blades, anyway? Retreat! A fighting retreat, but a retreat nevertheless.

Maybe a quick update on where I am, what's nearby, how many soldiers there are and in what positions.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5705 on: February 09, 2016, 03:01:08 pm »

((Since we're voting here now, I'd like a large dangerous arena. Also, guess what. YOU SPELLED CERTAINLY WRONG IN THE POLL. FIX EET.))
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5706 on: February 09, 2016, 03:05:30 pm »

((Yeah, I can't think of anything that wouldn't rely on ridiculous amounts of luck. Unless I can buy myself 20 seconds through talking and redneckisms. Gimme a couple of minutes to put some chatter up to try to buy time.))

Team All out of options, WMD
"Damn, I wanted to kill him. That fucker dropped me in a pool of molten liquid last time I saw him. Felt like lying in a pool of fire ants. Was hoping I could make some lava on him, repay the favor. Can't really control what pops out, though. Damn aliens. Couldn't even give me the ability to summon whiskey on demand. Bunch of carpet baggers if you ask me. Huh, you look different. You do something with your hair? Oh wait, it's your eyes. Hold on a minute, is this one of them sitiations where you were originally in the knife and you can possess anybody who did that ritual thing? My Pa took me to see one o' them movin' pictures like that once. Since it seems like you want to go after me, you mind telling me how this whole thing started? Like, why some spirit in a knife would start up a gang of thieves instead of, say, a moonshine still or a cattle outfit? Doubt the info will matter much once you erase my conciousness or whatever yer specific brand o' possessin' does, but I'd like to know. Sort of a last request, as it were. And maybe tell my kin goodbye for me. Lemme give ya the list. Ma, Pa,  Little Clem, Big Todd, Average size Billy, Bobby Joe, Billy Ray, Ricky Bobby, Brandi Lynn, Billy Bob, Bobby Ray, Cousin Ted, Cousin Buck, Uncle Toothpick, Red, me and him ain't on speakin' terms, but it'd be wrong not to say bye. Now me and Uncle Truck are on speakin' terms, but he's duller then a cow patty. Oh, and my cousin Smaller than Big Todd but Bigger than Average Sized Billy John."

Try to buy time. There should be another RME before the explosion, right? Hope it helps. Otherwise, hope I buy enough time to go boom. If he isn't buying it, transform back. Hope that the excess of energy within me will hamper any possession attempts.Or that my form can't contain the energy and I go boom anyways.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 03:39:39 pm by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #5707 on: February 09, 2016, 03:18:47 pm »

((Since we're voting here now, I'd like a large dangerous arena. Also, guess what. YOU SPELLED CERTAINLY WRONG IN THE POLL. FIX EET.))
You can't tell me what to do! You're not my real dad!

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5708 on: February 09, 2016, 03:22:20 pm »

I'll take the secret. After all, what better way to play someone who has almost no idea what drawbacks their ability has than actually not knowing yourself?

My idea was that the holes would randomly explode. That being said, I liked every one of your weaknesses more. I probably would have chosen the one where the energy drained was absorbed, if the secret wasn't so tempting.

As for the mission, I choose Wacky Demolition Derby. If you're not doing that, I'll choose the large dangerous arena.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5709 on: February 09, 2016, 03:25:48 pm »

YEAH!
(Or a Wacky Demolition Derby, that would be fun)
((Either of these would be fine.))
((Bonus points if you throw in some hip-hop pirates.))
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5710 on: February 09, 2016, 03:40:55 pm »

((Yo Paris, my action is in that prior post. You want me to start thinking up new character ideas?))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5711 on: February 09, 2016, 04:00:05 pm »

((I forget, am I actually in this game?))
((Also, my vote for
((Large Dangerous Wacky Galactic Death Arena Race.))
Stands.))
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #5712 on: February 09, 2016, 04:03:33 pm »

Alan cruising in for landing, in that case. Take as long as you need for the timeline to consolidate.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5713 on: February 09, 2016, 04:03:37 pm »

((Also, my vote for
((Large Dangerous Wacky Galactic Death Arena Race.))
Stands.))
((I'm supporting this.))
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5714 on: February 09, 2016, 04:44:41 pm »

((Torn on next mission.  While I certainly like the Galactic Adventure idea, a Wacky Death Race is awfully appealing...))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 379 380 [381] 382 383 ... 521