Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 376 377 [378] 379 380 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1125111 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Map Time
« Reply #5655 on: February 03, 2016, 04:00:42 am »

((The urge to expose Artemis to a hefty dose of Alan increases every tine I see him.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5656 on: February 03, 2016, 09:22:36 am »

((Next mission... next mission...))
((Some sort of Wacky Death Race thing with our characters being the drivers?))
((Or another team-based objective thing. Choose three rather powerful characters, the older sorts, and allow them to pick who they want their teams to be from the rest... then some sort of capture the flag game?))
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5657 on: February 03, 2016, 09:28:20 am »

((I like the Death Race idea. I'll +1 that.))
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5658 on: February 03, 2016, 10:18:14 am »

((Did somebody say Wacky Death Race?))

Well, in fairness, without Toaster, things could happen within a certain threshold of reason. But... well... Toaster decided reason was a stupid idea and should be circumvented, which now means literally anything can happen. :P

((I'm a fan.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5659 on: February 03, 2016, 12:36:19 pm »

Could I recieve a PM for my character? Quoting the sheet here so nobody has to search for it again.

Oh, and congratulations on the job!
Spoiler: Characer sheet (click to show/hide)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5660 on: February 03, 2016, 12:44:14 pm »

Am I in this game?
It's been so long...
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5661 on: February 03, 2016, 12:46:03 pm »

If you are, it's certainly not recorded in the OP.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5662 on: February 03, 2016, 09:30:33 pm »

I stay as I am and wait, closing my eyes.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #5663 on: February 03, 2016, 11:01:48 pm »

I'd like to see some kind of survival mission for the next mission, but not a team survival. Maybe instead of working together, we could be in some kind of Free-For-All survival: There would be motives to actively seek out and kill other players, and the map area would be large, but there would also be natural hazards trying to exterminate the player.
A large dangerous arena? Sounds good to me.

((I'd like to do Galactic Adventure, what with John's relevance to the subject material, but I appreciate you might not want to start a campaign before this one is over...))
It's not a problem for me, if that is what you want. That campaign is smaller than the current one, so unless you take a really sideways path, it should be about 1-2 years long, by my estimate.

((Oh goodness I just read up. Congrats Parisbre for that whole thing there c: Good work on personal excellence! [But your supervisor is also a person and isn't a jerk. Work with them as buddies maybe? :D]))
Thank you. And don't worry, I'm just joking. He's actually a cool guy and he's teaching me a lot of things and helping me.

((The urge to expose Artemis to a hefty dose of Alan increases every tine I see him.))
Now and then, everybody needs a hefty dose of Alan.

((Next mission... next mission...))
((Some sort of Wacky Death Race thing with our characters being the drivers?))
((Or another team-based objective thing. Choose three rather powerful characters, the older sorts, and allow them to pick who they want their teams to be from the rest... then some sort of capture the flag game?))
Hm. Could do that. Only problem I see is that some characters might be really ill equipped for such a race. Need to come up with a balanced vehicle creation system. Or a balanced vehicle generation system based on characters? I'd need to think about it for a bit.

Sure. Could do that. A standard assault mission, like the first one. If we go with that, I'll do what I did the first mission, ask you to give me a bunch of words or concepts and try to come up with a fun mission/story based on them.

Am I in this game?
It's been so long...
Your character is in my notes. So yes.
Sorry.
If you are, it's certainly not recorded in the OP.
Don't trust the OP. It lies.
Mostly because I haven't updated it in forever.

Could I recieve a PM for my character? Quoting the sheet here so nobody has to search for it again.

Oh, and congratulations on the job!
Spoiler: Characer sheet (click to show/hide)
So, he basically just creates dark cold holes on things?
Sorry if I have asked this again in the past.

Anyway, if those are our suggestions, I guess it's time to have a vote!

((I've got a bad feeling about this guy))

switch to a psychic assault now, figure it won't be too effective, but who knows.
It is indeed not very effective. It's like trying to cut a hot knife with butter. For a moment it's almost as if there's nothing there beyond weak, barely "audible" thoughts and echoes of thoughts. Then in the next moment the horrible dark echo there cuts through your attack, striking directly at you. You'd find it difficult to describe the sensation. The closest description you could find is that it's as if the psychic energy extending out of your mind was detonated, the fire spreading to your brain. You stumble and shake your head, trying to ignore the pain. That is all the time he needs for a strike. His hand strikes your torso and then exits, quick as a cat. You have a moment to identify a kidney and part of your intestine before losing consciousness.

Team A, WMD

Can I go boom now? If not, more charging.
Rods of light rain down around you, getting embedded on the floor and burning it slightly. They kinda look like swords.

About 20 seconds left.

The man that until recently was in a wheelchair is now standing, holding someone's internal organs in his hand, looking at you with black eyes with square red pupils. Shadowy distortions extend from him, making the part of the room behind him look quite darker. You can see his skin is starting to crack and what was left of his hair is starting to fall.

Do you have any idea? Anything you could do except hope to get really really lucky? Because I don't. I can't think of anything.

Campaign

"AAAAAaaaaaAAAAAaaaaaAAAAAA!"
Defensive stance! Tsar my armour! Check if I still have my sword!
You armour expands, covering every inch of you. And by that I mean every inch of you.

You are now trapped inside what is basically a metal box statue. This should at least give you a second to breathe, until they break through it or find another way to attack you or you run out of air.

You hear the sound of metal striking metal, painfully loud in your ears, amplified by the enclosed space. They're certainly not wasting any time with their attacks.

Although I'm kinda stiff at first from the sudden hug, I lean into it after a moment and just let it continue as long as Theri wants it to.
Theri continues the hug and doesn't withdraw, feeling completely at ease with her environment of the moment. She dwells on the current mission objective and what she can best think up during the time being, thankful for moments of peace like these.
Well, not much has changed since you arrived to  this place. The objective is still the same. Find the being River wants to kill and help him kill it. You got a possible location for your target in the eastern mountains, but not much more.

Unless you mean the more immediate objective of "hide in the basement until the soldiers pass". Said objective might be hard to complete now, with what's happening to Nikolai. Not that you can know much about Nikolai's current situation IC. Not much more than the fact that something is probably wrong with him, given his previous psychic screams and swearing.

You relax in Theri's warm embrace.

((I have no idea what the hell just almost happened but now I'm morbidly curious.))

Try again; summon sock puppets for the kids to make their own characters.
((Every time I roll for you, I keep fearing that this is going to be the turn I'll have to describe a family getting brutally crushed under tons of sock puppets. Or worse.))

You summon all the perfectly good sock puppets a child could want. The good kind, not the extra itchy ones made with lead-based paint and asbestos and decorated with shaving razors.

The boy picks up a sock and tries to imitate you. From what you understand from his limited vocabulary, he is pretending that the sock represents his dad, going around being heroic.

The rest are probably not going to participate, considering one is an infant and the other appears to not be very happy, not in the mood for playing. She seems to be dividing her attention between staring at you like you're about to explode and making sure her infant daughter is fine.

Campaign, Ike!

Must be slick, must be slippery, must be smooth!

Keep on sneaking in the free world. Avoid flashbacks to driving sections previously experienced.

Ike likes to sneak, maneuver silken and sleek...

Just in case NAV decides to turtle up and you manage to get there undetected, the plan is still "stabby stabby in the back"? Nothing changed?

((This is mainly gonna be more fluff than anything.))

Zechariah kept to his own corner of the room, observing the others. Mostly, however, he seemed to be spacing out. His mind was elsewhere.

Spoiler: Zechariah's Interior (click to show/hide)

Zechariah exhaled, a little disappointed. He was hoping to get a little more from his subconscious than a very vague half-answer; then again, he couldn't come up with a much better solution. He put his head down in between his arms, almost intentionally making himself a small figure. He didn't want to be noticed very much. He wanted time to recuperate and to process the words given by Artemis (or, at least, the version of Artemis in his mind that claimed to be him).

Continue waiting. Look around occasionally. Brood over the mental conversation.
I find it fun to imagine Zechariah constantly muttering "Broodbroodbroodbrood" as he constantly vibrates and looks around.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5664 on: February 03, 2016, 11:06:59 pm »

Welp, I have no reason to stay awake right now.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5665 on: February 04, 2016, 12:12:06 am »

I was thinking he'd just spawn them in the air or air equivalent, actually. I wouldn't mind if they were stuck to things, though.
You have not asked that, by the way.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #5666 on: February 04, 2016, 12:26:13 am »

Introduce the kid to the concept of Red Bull as an energy drink that gives Professor Alan and General Dad the strength to be extra heroic! Have the two of them go around on adventures and stuff throughout the basement.

((Now even his kids are going to be harassing him about it! My psychological torment of that man will never end! He will give into the power of inexplicable product placement!))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5667 on: February 04, 2016, 02:17:29 am »

Campaign, Ike!

Ike's going to play with your things.

And yes, the plan is backstabs, basically. Maybe not literal backstabs. Perhaps more of a backslash. One that opens up some arteries if you know what I'm saying. Go for the vitals.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #5668 on: February 04, 2016, 02:29:53 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
You relax in Theri's warm embrace.
Welp, I have no reason to stay awake right now.
((This made me awwwwh :)) ))
Watch over Irine; Ensure the group I'm with doesn't get any worse--tend to wounded, too.
Wonder if going out to help River and the rest is a good idea considering what I see now.

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5669 on: February 04, 2016, 09:27:59 am »

((Well looks like a should have kept stalling with physical attacks.))
Wake up against all odds?
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!
Pages: 1 ... 376 377 [378] 379 380 ... 521