Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 369 370 [371] 372 373 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1124611 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Map Time
« Reply #5550 on: January 10, 2016, 08:51:23 pm »

"Hmph."

The table is promptly set down. Kosak finishes off his barrel.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5551 on: January 10, 2016, 09:35:45 pm »

exactly, I do as instructed. those that want to run off have already done so. I think it's safe to assume those staying do what Linus tells us too. I know Irine does.

Follow along with what Irine does.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5552 on: January 10, 2016, 11:07:21 pm »

Stop after a few minutes and find somewhere to hide.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #5553 on: January 11, 2016, 01:24:54 am »

Meditate.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #5554 on: January 12, 2016, 11:42:52 pm »

((So! This was as far as I read, and I thought I made a post ~10 posts back, but then discovering that it didn't go through [yaaay connection -____-]
Back in that post, Theri had attempted to ease the tension of River and his bias to hyoomans :P But I'm making it again. In the current timeframe. Because let's just say Theri was quiet and busy attending to the team's supplies while everyone else did dem talkings [like folding clothes, and making sure everyone was clean...]))

[...]
(([...]Assume you're wherever you want. Just tell me where you are when it's time to act so that there's less chance of a  misunderstanding.))
((Can I assume this also applies with me? :D Theri is with Irine.))

<Hey, um...sorry for late response, so I'll cut to the point--I'll be staying with Irine. I don't possess any of the powers she does, but I can do well with the physical arts. River, I do not suspect the General has anything to do with this, too--though it may in the end be my trusting nature over political undertones that will make you right, though I did think through this...and I believe that whoever that servant follows--it is not the General, himself, that called this upon us. I believe we can trust him, especially if he can paint a very nice Irine there...>

Um, stick with Irine! Intuit out the General's motives and the soldiers--I mean the appearance of soldiers != bad stuff, right?

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5555 on: January 14, 2016, 12:34:25 pm »

"Well that's not quite what I expected. Does this mean everything is going to start going funny like last time too?"
Spoiler: Action (click to show/hide)
((Sorry for late post, adjusting to new schedule))
« Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 02:26:07 pm by Alarith »
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5556 on: January 14, 2016, 12:54:26 pm »

Campaign, Ike!

Stop!

Continue!

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #5557 on: January 16, 2016, 11:45:15 pm »

Campaign

I follow
((I assume you're going to help with hiding evidence (although that would be a bit hard to achieve completely, given Alan's mountain) and hide in the fortress as instructed? If yes, then I'll get on with it and advance time.
Edit: Unless there's something else you or other people want to do.))
exactly, I do as instructed. those that want to run off have already done so. I think it's safe to assume those staying do what Linus tells us too. I know Irine does.

EDIT:
@ D and "Bigger than me"
<I'm sure you are D, but that doesn't mean he can't be gracious too. I mean, you're both bigger than me. Besides, it's nice having people be nice to me. Why not just let people be nice and enjoy their niceness?>
<Hehe, sure. He seems like a cool guy. I'm mostly just having fun. Mostly.
Wait, what do you mean 'bigger than you'?>

((Ah, that. I still don't understand that. Unless you mean bigger in terms of age. Because his current avatar has been reduced to almost nothing in size.))

You follow the general as he makes his way to the bottom floor, informing his wife there's a raid coming and telling her to get the children below, like they practiced.
"A raid? Now? Who is it? Those... people from Areloggez?" she says with a hint of disdain.
"No. Soldiers."
"Soldiers? Then why are we-?"
"Just... please. Do as I say. These are dangerous times. We can't be too careful." he asks, holding her hand and looking her in the eyes.
She gives you an angry look. She sighs loudly and quickly moves to follow the general's instructions.
"Good. Now. Terrevieve. The rest of you. Gather up, listen well and work quick. We have work to do and little time to do it."

Follow along with what Irine does.
((So! This was as far as I read, and I thought I made a post ~10 posts back, but then discovering that it didn't go through [yaaay connection -____-]
Back in that post, Theri had attempted to ease the tension of River and his bias to hyoomans :P But I'm making it again. In the current timeframe. Because let's just say Theri was quiet and busy attending to the team's supplies while everyone else did dem talkings [like folding clothes, and making sure everyone was clean...]))

[...]
(([...]Assume you're wherever you want. Just tell me where you are when it's time to act so that there's less chance of a  misunderstanding.))
((Can I assume this also applies with me? :D Theri is with Irine.))

<Hey, um...sorry for late response, so I'll cut to the point--I'll be staying with Irine. I don't possess any of the powers she does, but I can do well with the physical arts. River, I do not suspect the General has anything to do with this, too--though it may in the end be my trusting nature over political undertones that will make you right, though I did think through this...and I believe that whoever that servant follows--it is not the General, himself, that called this upon us. I believe we can trust him, especially if he can paint a very nice Irine there...>

Um, stick with Irine! Intuit out the General's motives and the soldiers--I mean the appearance of soldiers != bad stuff, right?
<I trust your choices. I trust you. I believe you will do well.>

True. The appearance of the soldiers is not necessarily bad. The general did say that he sells supplies and magical services. Maybe the soldiers are just going to make a quick stop to resupply on their way to help with the disaster in the City. Maybe they were sent to try to purchase food because of the food problems in that other town. All this worrying could be for nothing.

However there are other, less good possibilities. It's not  uncommon in times of turmoil for authorities to take whatever they deem necessary, sometimes by force. It's not uncommon for soldiers left without something to keep them in check to become bandits or worse tyrants, if they think it is necessary or if they thirst for power and quick gain.

But even if they are merely passing through, there could be problems. From what you understand, they tend to not be very kind to people who don't look fully human. And if news about the deeds of Irine and Ike have spread to them, discovering those two here probably won't end well.

However the general does seem genuinely concerned about the soldiers. He seems to be making a good effort to hide you. Whether or not hiding you is necessary though... you can't help having a bad feeling about all this.

Meditate.
You are now at one with the force Dao birdriver house.

Stop after a few minutes and find somewhere to hide.
You keep moving forward for a couple of minutes before stopping and hiding in a small depression between two small hills, behind some bushes. That will hopefully make you harder to spot. Not that there's much else you could hide behind around here. Even big rocks are kinda scarce.
You look down and realize that you're wearing armor made out of possibly the loudest and shiniest material you can find.
You try to be very very still as you hear the sound of distant running and clattering of armour. You wish as hard as you can that they won't see you and hope it will be enough.

((Pausing here to give you a chance to do anything you might want to do to prepare for combat and/or decrease your odds of getting spotted in the ~minute of time you have. If you manage to stay hidden, I'll continue with the whatever happens with the soldiers and the house. If not... well, I guess I'll have to do some turns for you about whatever happens.))

Campaign, Ike!

"Doot-da-doot..."

Continue moving. Don't be conspicuous. Stay out of the way. But take in the sights, the sounds, the smells! Especially the smells.
You keep moving until you hear and smell the approaching soldiers. You take some time to find a good hiding spot and lie down, everything but your eyes hidden behind a small rise in the earth, your stuff left on the ground nearby.

Half a minute later, the soldiers start appearing from behind a small hill. They look much like the ones you saw in the city. There's about half of them in light scout armour, the rest in heavier and shinier types of armour. Even though they are moving quickly, they are spread out away from each other, forming a long rough line  perpendicular to the road, with the more heavily armored men closer to the center. Some occasionally stop to look around before continuing forward.

With nobody slowing you down, you were able to move quickly enough to be well out of their way, even without running as fast as you can. Probably impossible for them to detect you. Unless they have enhanced senses or some other way of detecting you.

The group that stays back works on making any signs of their presence there they can find disappear. Which mostly consists of dumping Alan's creations in the basement, but also involves things such as cleaning rooms, putting tools and clothes in their place, dumping garbage, erasing tracks. And casting a few spells in the case of the general.
<Part of me can't help but think this is some clever trick to force you to clean your rooms before checking out.>

Work continues for a few minutes, until Terrevieve comes running down the stairs and informs the general that the soldiers are near. You all take that as your cue to go hide.

You think you did an OK job. There might still be small  things lying around, things you missed that a more thorough search may find, but there's no point worrying about them now. You don't have the time to do anything more about them.

You are quickly led down the stairwell, below the house, the armoured door slamming closed behind you.
"Once you reach the end of the stairs, keep going. There's hiding spots, in case they search below." he informs you.
"If anything happens to me... make sure my family stays safe." he adds before locking the door and running up the stairs.

When you reach the bottom of the stairs, you find the general's wife sitting on the remains of a small fortification. She's holding her infant daughter close to her chest with one hand and her son's hand with her other. She looks upset, while her son looks anxious and afraid, clinging close to her. In contrast, her baby daughter seems quite calm, still sleeping.
"This is all your fault." she states.
"If you weren't here none of this would have happened. You should have known your place and stayed away."
<That girl. *sigh* She doesn't seem to care much about talking to you, she doesn't even look at you when speaking. It's like she just wants to be mean. She must be more stupid than she looks. I mean, to talk to what she thinks are animals and criminals like that...>
« Last Edit: January 17, 2016, 08:23:33 pm by Parisbre56 »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5558 on: January 17, 2016, 12:03:06 am »

"Aww, don't be sad, lady mom person! They're probably only here to recruit your husband out of retirement so he can command armies again and likely die cold and alone and in pain far from the people he loves in some muddy ditch in a place he's never been in, that's all! Not too bad, right?"

ALAN DIPLOMACY SPECIAL MOVE: REVERSE CONSOLING METAPHORICAL SUPLEX
Sig! Onol

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5559 on: January 17, 2016, 02:54:11 am »

Campaign, Ike!

Lounge in cover, lie in wait.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5560 on: January 17, 2016, 09:04:01 am »

Switch commwire to left ankle, loosen it slightly, tsar it. Make sure sling is loaded and in hand. Then stay as quiet and still as possible.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #5561 on: January 17, 2016, 10:22:35 am »

((I don't think Theri heard it was a raid, so she'll continue along the assumption that the soldiers may not be there for a bad reason. She didn't notice otherwise? :P))
The group was split in number. Theri found herself with her considerably best friend Irine, and her other best friend Zechariah--she was trusting of everyone, but unsure if she was thought of as a friend by the rest.

"We're going to help you in any way possible," she mentions to the General.
"I've been watching you and-...you're a tactful person. Why do you help us with those soldiers, again?"

Quick inquiry! Who is with who again? ((Apologies; I got lost! D:))

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5562 on: January 17, 2016, 10:41:13 am »

Zech, Irene, Theri, and Alan are in the basement with the mom and her kids and the elf.
General is upstairs waiting for the soldiers.
River is watching just outside the farm I think.
Nikolai and Ike are a few minutes away hiding in bushes.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #5563 on: January 17, 2016, 09:33:45 pm »

"Well that's not quite what I expected. Does this mean everything is going to start going funny like last time too?"
Spoiler: Action (click to show/hide)
((Sorry for late post, adjusting to new schedule))
Well, there's that fancy knife close to that mass of flesh and bone that used to be your teammate. You could try to grab it or use the force to pull it towards you. In fact, let's say you try to do that, to save time.

You pull the knife into your hand and then throw the most powerful telekinetic blast you can muster. The air in front of the man and woman shimmers as you encounter resistance, as if there is some sort of barrier where the desk is standing. But you manage to power through it and hit them anyway, albeit with diminished strength. They slam against the wall, but it's not a very strong strike. The woman's quick reflexes allowed her to keep her balance. At worse, they'll probably get bruised.

On the bright side, your assault seems to have  stopped them from acting, so they couldn't do...  whatever they were going to do.

Campaign

"Aww, don't be sad, lady mom person! They're probably only here to recruit your husband out of retirement so he can command armies again and likely die cold and alone and in pain far from the people he loves in some muddy ditch in a place he's never been in, that's all! Not too bad, right?"

ALAN DIPLOMACY SPECIAL MOVE: REVERSE CONSOLING METAPHORICAL SUPLEX
Oh, wow, you can actually feel the murderous intent coming from her. It's like her eyes are trying to drill a hole into your skull with red hot anger. At least you can be reasonably sure she's not a wizard, because you're pretty sure she would had made your head explode, if she could.

Campaign, Ike!

Lounge in cover, lie in wait.
You lounge in cover.
You use your hands to check your ears, make sure they're not giving away your position due to their size. Hmm. Seems OK.
Should had brought a snack.

((I don't think Theri heard it was a raid, so she'll continue along the assumption that the soldiers may not be there for a bad reason. She didn't notice otherwise? :P))
The group was split in number. Theri found herself with her considerably best friend Irine, and her other best friend Zechariah--she was trusting of everyone, but unsure if she was thought of as a friend by the rest.

"We're going to help you in any way possible," she mentions to the General.
"I've been watching you and-...you're a tactful person. Why do you help us with those soldiers, again?"

Quick inquiry! Who is with who again? ((Apologies; I got lost! D:))
((Well, the general merely said it was a raid to get his family to hide, like they practiced doing in case of a raid. It's not known with 100% certainty that there will be a raid, he just wants them to be safe, just in case. Or at least that's the explanation he gave.))

((Right now you're locked below the house, so I'll assume this conversation occurred earlier.))
He seems a bit surprised by your question.
"Because I gave you my word. Because it's the right thing to do."

NAV is mostly right. You, Alan, Irine and Zechariah are locked inside the basement with the general's wife and their two children.
The general and his servant (the elf) are upstairs, in the house.
River said he will be watching, but didn't actually say from where. Probably somewhere close to the house.
Nikolai and Ike are trying to hide outside.

Switch commwire to left ankle, loosen it slightly, tsar it. Make sure sling is loaded and in hand. Then stay as quiet and still as possible.
Ah, so preparing for combat instead of trying to hide better. Well, let's hope you can take out two dozens of trained soldiers on your own, if you're found.

You move the wire, but you just can't muster the power required to use your ability. After three attempts, all you've managed to do is make it slightly larger, but not as large as it was before. You're not certain it will have the same effects as last time.

Well, you can at least try to stay still, make sure the bushes don't rustle and your armor doesn't reflect many moving beams of light.

You hear the sound of footsteps rapidly approaching you. That's not good. They sound like they're going to pass right next to you.

You hear a boot hitting the ground close to your hiding spot. You involuntarily close your eyes and cringe. When you open them again, there's a scout with his back turned to you, half-walking half-running away from you. And then he slows down and stops. He glances back, looking towards you, his mouth half-open, his face covered in sweat and his body swaying due to his rapid breathing. You think he's looking directly at you.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2016, 09:51:25 pm by Parisbre56 »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5564 on: January 17, 2016, 09:36:21 pm »

"...want some Red Bull?"

Alan vacantly grins.

Add straw to camel's back

Also summon a large amount of donuts to induce happiness in the nearby individuals

« Last Edit: January 17, 2016, 11:01:41 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Pages: 1 ... 369 370 [371] 372 373 ... 521