Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 363 364 [365] 366 367 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1125594 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Map Time
« Reply #5460 on: December 11, 2015, 06:56:37 am »

((This is a reminder that I will be busy until Christmas. I'll try to continue making turns in the meantime, but I make no guarantees for quantity or quality.))[...]
Nikolai: fractured palm, pain and loss of sensation at tip of fingers of same hand, darker colouration of tip of fingers of the same hand. River says it's infected. He keeps staring at Nikolai and his hand.

I don't really know how those things are supposed to be treated beyond "go to a hospital" and I don't have time to research. If you don't know either and it comes down to it, I'll probably just do a medic roll with some bonuses and keep it vague. Unless you decide to use magic or ask River to help.
((Happy Christmas and a Merry New Year~ I wish you well, for a Brighter Future! :D))
[Alright, it is possible to treat Nikolai's injury- wait let me IC this.]

Theri gave River a :-\ as she listened, with her mind pondering what she heard based on what she knew. She knew a bit of medical aid given her training in physical combat.

Hmm, Nikolai can be treated--depending solely on the amount of damage the hand has received; if it's a deep fracture to the bone--considering the many bones the hand has--it'll be...difficult, to say the least, considering our methods, sans non-physical alternatives...how I wish I learned other ways. Possible blood clot or lack of blood supply may lead to the discoloration--the lack of pain and loss may indicate nerve damage, or the blood supply thing. I should've looked at it when I had a chance back when I was...being forgetfully unaware. What's happening to me?

Mhh. Alan is unsure. It'll heal in time but 'minor bleeding' is a very subjective thing. And where in the esophagus? The upper thirds are more voluntary than involuntary muscle and...I can't tend to that at all without knowing what's the cause. Must get back to Nikolai.

"Thanks River, and put in mind that everyone here wants to help you. They're just...quirky at times."
Theri added a smile to the end, putting a chirpy emphasis on 'quirky'. She made sure to lower her voice for the next part: "I'll get with Nikolai and help out Irine. There seems to be something with my memory but I can only recall bits and pieces of the recent time. Maybe she will need my help too--please take care River."

Get to Nikolai's area and close the door behind me! (as I believe Irine and Nik are both in the same room with the General). Admire surroundings-in-context upon entry, and be respectful.

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5461 on: December 11, 2015, 08:53:43 am »

Team A
"I'm sorry I had to do that. I've seen enough though. We should go through the portal together."
Let's get moving.
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5462 on: December 11, 2015, 10:21:19 am »

Fun fact: The can weighs nearly 7000 pounds.
Heh, maybe I should remind people River can probably crush people's heads more often. Because really, that's how the bonuses work, at least for some stats. At +2 strength and a 6, you'd have no  problem lifting a car loaded with heavy objects for a few seconds. Not throw it, but probably move it out of the way or drop it on someone from an overpass. At 5 and with a light empty car, they could probably throw it a bit.

That's a big advantage strength-using characters have over non-strength-using ones. A strong character with a good weapon could tear almost everything apart. I mean, look at salsacookies' character. He's so reality-bending-ly strong he can level large buildings with a good roll. Pure dex characters on the other hand rely mostly on the strength of their weapon, because even if they're really accurate and get a critical hit, their weapon can still do only so much damage.
((So Saevus' blasts are around 7-10 on the strength scale? Since I launched cars all the way to the clouds (and took out a building back in the tournament).))
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5463 on: December 11, 2015, 12:38:54 pm »

((When you consider that I could Slash a Bullet in two... Thats when you find out the use of Dex...))
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #5464 on: December 13, 2015, 10:50:10 pm »

Team A
"I'm sorry I had to do that. I've seen enough though. We should go through the portal together."
Let's get moving.
"Just... please don't make me do that again."
The two of you step onto the transportation circle. Nothing happens.
She kneels down and uses some of the blood coming from her wounds to smear the circle with her blood, letting it seep into the carvings.
"Okay... here we go."
"I'm giving you 5 minutes. If you're not back by then, I'm finding my own way out of here."
She closes her eyes, takes a deep breath and is about to say something. She hesitates for a moment before finally speaking, slowly and clearly.
"Sanguine. Esto. Domus."
The moment she finishes speaking, the circle bursts into flames. Deep red flames that create a giant wall around you, trapping you. But strangely not burning you. There is an unnatural feeling, as if there is no gravity, as if you are falling in a bumpy waterslide. And then the walls recede, setting you free and spitting you out of the circle.

Beyond is a wooden room, mostly empty save for a few cabinets and glass display cases holding strange supplies like bones and feathers. The floor of the room is dominated by circles carved out of the wood and displaying unknown symbols. Some of them are quite large.

There's four exits out of the room, one on each side. One is a large armoured double door with innumerable symbols carved on it. The one opposite from it is quite smaller but still looks important somehow. You think you can feel a presence behind it, but you aren't sure. It's too faint. The other two doors are simple wooden doors, there's nothing special about them.

"Please. No more. I'm not feeling very well. I think I've lost too much blood. Just... just need some time to rest."

OOC
((So Saevus' blasts are around 7-10 on the strength scale? Since I launched cars all the way to the clouds (and took out a building back in the tournament).))
I think I told you that you'd trade precision for extra power when you were making your character. It doesn't matter that much when you're hitting large targets like Nick, but unless you're close, humans are not that easy. Well, at least they weren't. You've gotten a lot of upgrades since then.

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5465 on: December 15, 2015, 09:10:30 am »

"You have three minutes to rest. Then we need to get Joanna."
Check what's outside each door, see if there's something I can patch the person up with.
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5466 on: December 15, 2015, 12:17:57 pm »

((Darn, thought I posted.))

Team A?, WMD

Go through the portal.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5467 on: December 15, 2015, 12:40:06 pm »

I watch and wait.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #5468 on: December 17, 2015, 09:53:44 pm »

Campaign

I'm going to timeskip to the next in game day next turn. Next turn will probably happen Sunday when I'll hopefully be done with the stuff I'm doing. If you want to do something or learn something during that time, say so.

Also, unless you indicate otherwise, I'm going to assume you'll be fine with staying in the rooms assigned to you (which for Alan will be a "special room reserved for their finest guests" that just so happens to be a wooden shack instead of inside the tower) (gonna have Irine with Theri and Ike with Nikolai and Zechariah unless there are other preferences), you'll be fine with helping around with the work the General assigns to you and otherwise follow his instructions, will be fine with having dinner with him and not snooping around or otherwise trying to explore or steal or whatever.

I might end up doing it in two parts, one until the night falls and one until morning comes, both to make it easier on me and to give you a chance to interrupt or do additional things.

"We should bring up the can to the guy doing painting stuff to the pyromaniac fox girl. He needs to know that it's a good substance! It'll help him paint better.

Well, it's either that or I wanna drink it and I don't think that'd be a super idea to do.
I'm sure it can't have any negative consequences, know what I'm saying?"

If I can get to the top of the can with it being moved, do so and try to open and drink it. If not, wheedle at Ike to help me move it so I can get at it until he acquiesces.

Be reasonably cooperative with my medical treatment.

((No problem dude, we're all having fun here probably. Except for River, who I half expect to try to shank Rhymerer when we get back.))
Help Alan with his bleeding through the vaunted magic of Red Bull.

Maybe consider how exactly one would address bleeding in the esophagus in the meantime, as I really don't want to stick my hand down his throat.

No clue. Kiss it to make it better?

And sure, you help Alan lower the giant can to the floor (it might be heavy, but you're not lifting, merely carefully tipping) and open it without spilling it everywhere. Not sure if getting Alan caffeinated and even more hyperactive is such a good idea...

I watch and wait.
He continues heating the container until it starts releasing a very sweet smell along with a bit of steam.
He sits on a chair and applies the few drops of liquid that have condensed on the container's nozzle to his eyes before closing them, leaning backwards and exhaling in relief.
"Oh... Okay. So what were we talking about again? Oh, right, your destination. I have a minimap around here somewhere. Made it myself from dust from the Judgment Stone itself. I can use it to show you the area in more detail. I'll also tell you what I know about it, but it's mostly ancient history and rumors. I don't know how useful it will be."

((This is a reminder that I will be busy until Christmas. I'll try to continue making turns in the meantime, but I make no guarantees for quantity or quality.))[...]
Nikolai: fractured palm, pain and loss of sensation at tip of fingers of same hand, darker colouration of tip of fingers of the same hand. River says it's infected. He keeps staring at Nikolai and his hand.

I don't really know how those things are supposed to be treated beyond "go to a hospital" and I don't have time to research. If you don't know either and it comes down to it, I'll probably just do a medic roll with some bonuses and keep it vague. Unless you decide to use magic or ask River to help.
((Happy Christmas and a Merry New Year~ I wish you well, for a Brighter Future! :D))
[Alright, it is possible to treat Nikolai's injury- wait let me IC this.]

Theri gave River a :-\ as she listened, with her mind pondering what she heard based on what she knew. She knew a bit of medical aid given her training in physical combat.

Hmm, Nikolai can be treated--depending solely on the amount of damage the hand has received; if it's a deep fracture to the bone--considering the many bones the hand has--it'll be...difficult, to say the least, considering our methods, sans non-physical alternatives...how I wish I learned other ways. Possible blood clot or lack of blood supply may lead to the discoloration--the lack of pain and loss may indicate nerve damage, or the blood supply thing. I should've looked at it when I had a chance back when I was...being forgetfully unaware. What's happening to me?

Mhh. Alan is unsure. It'll heal in time but 'minor bleeding' is a very subjective thing. And where in the esophagus? The upper thirds are more voluntary than involuntary muscle and...I can't tend to that at all without knowing what's the cause. Must get back to Nikolai.

"Thanks River, and put in mind that everyone here wants to help you. They're just...quirky at times."
Theri added a smile to the end, putting a chirpy emphasis on 'quirky'. She made sure to lower her voice for the next part: "I'll get with Nikolai and help out Irine. There seems to be something with my memory but I can only recall bits and pieces of the recent time. Maybe she will need my help too--please take care River."

Get to Nikolai's area and close the door behind me! (as I believe Irine and Nik are both in the same room with the General). Admire surroundings-in-context upon entry, and be respectful.
((Thanks. You too! To everyone here, really. I don't say this enough, but I really like you guys and girls over here. You're very fun and good and you give me one more reason to smile during the day. Ib like making stories with you and I hope we'll continue to do so and that I'll be able to post more often.))

"I will try. Thank you. And... I am here. I mean, if you need me for anything."

The room Irine and the General are in is one big room at the top of the stairwell, converted into a work area. It has cupboards filled with things both mundane (like cloth, herbs, wood, nails and other supplies) and magical (identified by their distinctive glow). At its centre is a large table, large enough to comfortably fit two or three people lying down on it.  There's a window in each of its four walls. One window is surrounded by painting supplies and a painting of the view from that window at different times of day or with different subjects. The strokes on the painting look small and pointy, as if they were made with great speed, with old strokes blending with new ones of a different colour, mixing on the canvas. There are also various work tables with half finished projects and tools on them, one for stone work, another for wood work... All in all, it looks like the General has decided to work on creating during his retirement, creating works that please him and works he could sell to feed himself and his family.

Irine is standing closer to the General who is currently sitting on a chair and relaxing.

There is not a door in this room but there is a hatch that can be used to cover the stairs you came through. You could close that if you wished.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 10:01:36 pm by Parisbre56 »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #5469 on: December 18, 2015, 01:07:50 am »

During the time skipped day, Alan will drink an absolute crapton of the red bull, collect as much as he can in various containers around the place, and try his best to push it on ... the guy. Whatever his name is. He needs Red Bull, so decrees Alan.

And Alan's actions aside from accidentally almost killing myself/other people in amusing and accidental ways will mostly consist of running around being even more Alanish than usual due to all the stimulants and probably randomly exploring around looking for interesting things. He'll be fine with helping the guy with work or whatever but he'll very easily get bored and wander off.

Maybe try to feed the elf some Red Bull too.

If he finds anything interesting he'll nab it but not outright steal it, he'd just end up wandering around playing with it. He'll probably end up getting banned from any breakable thing places, just as a prediction.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 01:27:18 am by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5470 on: December 18, 2015, 01:20:35 am »

((You forgot to mention River's resting location if one is made for him.))
skip is fine. sleeping arrangements are mostly fine, but would insist that everyone gets a place to rest, wouldn't accept excluding River. would explore if left unattended, mostly to satisfy curiosity. would not steal. people-watching is also an interest. would generally follow directions, but would ask why of them whilst doing so.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #5471 on: December 18, 2015, 06:47:04 am »

Eleri casually examines the magical items in the room, doing her best not to disturb Irine's poise and the General's focus.

Timeskip is alright; also insist (to) River (that he) gets the same quality rest we do. Explore the area along with Irine if able--doing the same measures of non-transferable possession of item rules. Get to know the General more, and ask a hypothetical question on if ever he has any ideas that would help manhunts [and then subtly add more details that would parallel our goal in that hypothetical questioning]

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5472 on: December 18, 2015, 01:01:35 pm »

WORK. TOIL. OBEY.

Or something like that, anyway. Maybe spend some time explaining the magic of electromagnetism to somebody who cares to listen, like Alan for instance.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5473 on: December 18, 2015, 04:25:37 pm »

Get hand fixed hopefully by someone who knows what they're doing.
Ask to use the Generals tools and try to make some armour from that giant can.
In general help out be respectful earn my keep.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5474 on: December 22, 2015, 12:56:07 pm »

Stab an unsuspecting, fleshy opponent with whatever plasmid I grab hold of, and inject him. ATTEMPT RESTRAINT!
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian
Pages: 1 ... 363 364 [365] 366 367 ... 521