Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 350 351 [352] 353 354 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1125834 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Storm Coming
« Reply #5265 on: November 01, 2015, 05:42:45 am »

Campaign, Ike!

"I HAVE NO IDEA, DUDE! DIRECTIONS OR SOMETHING?" Ike shouts back. "HONESTLY WE HAVE A FATAL LACK OF PLANS PRESENTLY AND ARE JUST FAFFING AROUND UNTIL SOMETHING FORTUITOUS OR DEADLY COMES ALONG!"

Do some cartwheels around Alan while shouting.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #5266 on: November 01, 2015, 06:22:19 am »

"If you have no business upon my land, strangers, then I must ask from you to leave." the man says, his request sounding more like a command.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5267 on: November 01, 2015, 06:29:32 am »

Hmm... if there's a way to blast the building (or launch rebar at it) in such a way that it collapses, crushing whatever might be behind it, do that. Otherwise just walk around it and fire rebar at Nick if I see him.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5268 on: November 01, 2015, 07:13:06 am »

Squiggle away as fast as I can. The entire time, make loud blurbling noises, both to appear adorable, and to attract the attention of my teammates.

"BlllrrrBBBLLLLBBBbrrrbellllbrrbbbllll."

((Technically to make the blurble noise I'm controlling the release of gases from my body. Should be okay, right?))
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5269 on: November 01, 2015, 07:51:46 am »

Team All up to me?
Continue tracking and protecting out minds. Try to stay quiet, even if she can sense our minds.
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5270 on: November 01, 2015, 08:00:18 am »

"If you have no business upon my land, strangers, then I must ask from you to leave." the man says, his request sounding more like a command.

"No, but seriously, do you know where anything is around here? Populated places packed with personable people, perhaps? Interesting indigenous inhabitants? Lovely locations? Anything amazing at all? We are lost and unfortunate clowns, truly, without a place to be or a living to earn in these horrible environs."

Ike pauses at the end of the next cartwheel, serenely gazing at the man.

"The west has been kinda shit thus far if you don't mind me saying, my good man. All blown up and filled with monsters, no place at all to find honest work for honest folk. Is the east much the same, good fellow? Should we turn back now or is there light at the end of our long tunnel of discontent? Tell us this much so that we may be off at least."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5271 on: November 01, 2015, 10:28:29 am »

<That's sweet of you, thanks. But from what happened last time I tried talking, these people have been taught since childhood that all non-humans are monsters out to get them. I'd be fighting against the warnings of their entire upbringing if I went down there. And honestly, I'm not sure why we came here at all. It's not our objective, and we already have directions. But they really wanted to go so here we are.>

"River? What are you doing?"
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #5272 on: November 01, 2015, 08:23:42 pm »

Team All up to me?
Continue tracking and protecting our minds. Try to stay quiet, even if she can sense our minds.
"Wait! I surrender! Don't shoot!"
Joanna silently cocks her pistol and then fires, despite the other woman's protests and attempts to back away.
The shadow falls to the ground with a scream, the psychic energy around you dissipating as that happens. Yet you still cannot feel anybody else here besides the two of you.
"Gah! Gah! Wait! I can get you out of here!" she continues pleading as you continue approaching.
You can see her clearly now. She tries to crawl away, the blood coming out of her wounded leg leaving a red trail on the white snow.
"Please! I didn't mean to-"
Joanna cocks her pistol again. Based on her anger, determination and the satisfaction she feels, you'd say she has every intention of not stopping until there are no more rounds left in the gun. And maybe not even then.

"No, but seriously, do you know where anything is around here? Populated places packed with personable people, perhaps? Interesting indigenous inhabitants? Lovely locations? Anything amazing at all? We are lost and unfortunate clowns, truly, without a place to be or a living to earn in these horrible environs."

Ike pauses at the end of the next cartwheel, serenely gazing at the man.

"The west has been kinda shit thus far if you don't mind me saying, my good man. All blown up and filled with monsters, no place at all to find honest work for honest folk. Is the east much the same, good fellow? Should we turn back now or is there light at the end of our long tunnel of discontent? Tell us this much so that we may be off at least."
"Hm. Yes, I heard about that. Nasty business. I'm not surprised things haven't improved yet." he says and remains quiet for a few moments.
"The closest town from here is Areloggez. About half a day's walk from here if you follow the road. There's more after that. Giant's Wall. Raijgnar Mine."
"Are you looking for something in particular? I could offer better directions if I knew what you were looking for.
I also have some maps for sale, if you can afford them."

<That's sweet of you, thanks. But from what happened last time I tried talking, these people have been taught since childhood that all non-humans are monsters out to get them. I'd be fighting against the warnings of their entire upbringing if I went down there. And honestly, I'm not sure why we came here at all. It's not our objective, and we already have directions. But they really wanted to go so here we are.>

"River? What are you doing?"

<Eh. I dunno. Guess I just can't believe it can be that bad. There's always someone cool around, I say, you just have to look for them. But it's your mission. I'm just here to help. Hell, I'm not even supposed to be here. Eh, who cares. If nothing fun happens here, I bet we'll find something fun soon enough.>

"Why do you care?" River growls.
He seems to reconsider a second later. He exhales audibly, stops what he is doing and looks at you, speaking more calmly.
"I am trying to create. A wire. For Theri. This is a way to work magic in this world. The carvings I did on his staff helped a little." he says, indicating Zechariah.
"Feels less tiring. Takes less focus. Gives magic a place to stay and flow. But I do not understand exactly how it works. Trying to find the symbols is hard. Trying to understand."
« Last Edit: November 01, 2015, 08:32:31 pm by Parisbre56 »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5273 on: November 01, 2015, 08:40:43 pm »

Summon up armor.  It should be primarily resistant to electricity and secondarily resistant to slashing damage.  Stick near the gun for now.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5274 on: November 01, 2015, 08:55:50 pm »

"Because I might be able to help."
I walk over to River, sit down next to him, and tap my head with my right hand while asking:
"May I?"

If River gives me permission, I then lean against him, putting my head against his, and show him the symbols the old mage used in his various carvings, along with his description of what they do or are for.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5275 on: November 01, 2015, 09:01:31 pm »

Team A
"Joanna, stop and give me the gun. I don't want you to have to become a killer. I'll do it myself. And do you know of any other way out of here. Unfortunately, we might need her help." Use a firm voice. Controlled, not angry. Stay on guard for a mental assault, but if need be stop Joanna from killing the woman.
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #5276 on: November 01, 2015, 09:08:53 pm »

Alan shrugs and turns back to the farmer dude.

"You guys got any good food round these parts?"

Inquire as to culinary situation.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5277 on: November 02, 2015, 02:55:35 pm »

"Lighten up have a drink!"
Nikolai offers the guy some moonshine.

"Now how about some exposition, da?"
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5278 on: November 02, 2015, 03:41:48 pm »

"Food, drink and information are our interests, truthfully! These towns you mentioned - what are they like? Who lives there? Do they enjoy wit and realizations of acrobatics?"

Maintain good cheer as communication continues.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5279 on: November 02, 2015, 04:11:58 pm »

((I can't trust that I'll be able to post often enough to effectively play this game, but I'm willing to attempt it...))

Spoiler: If you wish: (click to show/hide)
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.
Pages: 1 ... 350 351 [352] 353 354 ... 521