Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 344 345 [346] 347 348 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1126293 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Special People: Storm Coming
« Reply #5175 on: October 12, 2015, 03:09:16 pm »

Campaign

Okay then, there's not much happening, so let's just do some rolls to see if anything interesting happens and if not skip to the morning.

Campaign, Ike!

Listen for trouble. Smell the air.

All is quiet, until the early hours of the morning, a time when the sky is a deep dark blue that has just started becoming lighter, the stars visible through the hole in the tent dimming. A series of low rumbling noises, a few minutes apart, coming from the way your group came from, like distant drums echoing across the road. Nothing else happens though, so whatever it is, it's probably not an immediate threat to you.

Nikolai's first instinct is to try to fight the spider. But you can't fight everything. Well you can, but sometimes it's better not to. It didn't work out so well last time he tried to fight a giant robotic thing on foot. Why fight the nightmarish dream spider when he can potentially have it as a mount?

Try to befriend and tame the spider. Hold out my hand to it....Share the flame. Still be prepared to dodge.
You hold out your hand. The spider leans backwards, ready to take a step back, but stops. The flame bounces around in your hand, as if it is trying to move or make your hand move. The metal creature stares at you for a long time, the world shifting around you, decaying, turning into dust and darkness. It moves towards you, towards your hand. You feel like you should move but you don't. The fire jumps out of your hand, forming a thin small dome. The dome begins shimmering as the spider's mouth crashes against it and tries to bite through it.

Your feelings have changed now. You want to run away but for some reason you can't bring your legs to move. Your hand starts to become wrinkled, breaking apart, cracks forming in it as if it is parched earth. You can see red blood through the cracks, but you are not bleeding and you feel no pain, only cold. You try to move it away but it moves very slowly, leaving ghostly images behind it that seem to move differently, making gestures, fists, breaking apart. Everything seems to be moving more slowly, the world getting dimmer. Whatever is influencing your hand stops, and you can move it again.

The flame concentrates into a ball once more and then jumps into your hand, dissolving into the cracks, the blue flame burning it but in a soothing manner, a good burn. The pain wakes you up with a startled gasp, pulling your hand away instinctively. And yet it remains. Oh, right, your damn hand. In this cramped space, Zechariah seems to have accidentally rolled over it. It's free now, but the healing in the dream seems to have been just that: a dream. Your hand still hurts. And it still looks like crap. But at least it feels a bit less crap than yesterday. And... Huh. Zechariah seems to be holding his staff in his sleep, squeezing it tightly. No, not what you think it means, he is hugging his actual staff, that thing he uses to create light.

am still sleeping
You look behind you, at the man calling your name. He is walking towards you, his tails swishing from side to side, his multicoloured fiery mane trailing behind him, one of his golden limbs extended towards your face. He is so colourful, so radiant, so blindingly bright. That warm pleasant feeling inside you is starting to turn into annoyance. You close your eyes more tightly, trying to keep the light away, but it's no use. You're already awake. The light coming through the hole in the tent saw to that.
<Goodmorning girl. Feels nice waking up with you.>
You open your eyes to see a shaft of light coming through the hole in the tent, sand occasionally trickling inside whenever the wind picks up. The sky has started turning a light blue outside, but the air is still cool. Must be early in the morning.
<Yeah, I know the feeling.>
You're quite certain that's a new hole. The entire tent seems different. Smaller, thinner, with a few extra holes.
Nikolai looks awake too. Must have woken up earlier than you.

If asleep--rest until a disturbance occurs
If awake/wakened--notice the severity of the storm, gauge our capability of withstanding it if we're to venture now, and then mention the light I saw during the storm and its general direction as the next goal for our journey.

It is early in the morning and the storm seems to have passed, as you can tell by the blue skies you can see outside. There's a cool morning breeze, but that's nothing to worry about.

You remind your teammates of the light you saw last night and propose that investigating the location of said light should be your next objective. You reason that it's only a small detour towards the direction you are heading anyway, so you might as well check it out.

Alan, having forgotten overnight what they were doing yet again, decides to toast some marshmallows. He sees no downside to doing this inside an enclosed airspace made up of a mattress fort.

First things first, let's get me some bags of marshmallows up in this here fort!
You spend the first minute of you waking up trying to shake the sand away from your head, remove it from your nostrils and cough and spit it out of your mouth. The sand and dirt seems to have formed a small mound around you and your little fort, but fortunately it has not collapsed... yet. It seems there is a similar situation with the tent, the stones that were around it being obscured by a mound of sand. It also seems... smaller, somehow.

You summon a couple of bags of marshmallows that conveniently help you free your body from under the mattress.

You can't breathe through one of your nostrils and your nose is runny. It makes breathing through it a bit harder and more annoying.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #5176 on: October 12, 2015, 05:25:02 pm »

"HEY! Hey Nik! I think your penis size expanding magic is wearing off! Cmon out, let's have some s'mores!"

Ignore my bad nasal situation for now and summon a heat radiator to cook the marshmallows on.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #5177 on: October 12, 2015, 07:46:09 pm »

Storm Coming

ZZZ
You fail to wake up. Really with the difficulty you have, chances are very low. You'll probably die soon.

<<I think he's going to try to repair on that building to the ((indicate direction I saw it)).  Going to summon something real quick; might be a good time for you to press the attack.>>

Get in cover and summon up that flak cannon!  Make sure it's grounded.
((I think almost every summon roll you made in this challenge has been the highest possible.))

You start summoning a gigantic cannon. I mean, really gigantic. Something that could get a shell from Germany to London. Something that could get Jules Verne to the moon. Something that would make an Imperial Basilisk Artillery operator die from a joygasm. A thick tube of steel and hydraulics that can shoot railcar-sized shells at supersonic speeds (and probably deafen everything in the area in the process). As expected, it's huge and it needs an entire vehicle around it to operate. You're gonna be summoning it for a while and it's going to require your full attention.

First, grab some rebar. Preferably a lot. Then, take it with me and go where Nick went. Launch rebar at the bird should I see it. Try to not mistake friendlies for a bird.
You hold down a nearby piece of rubble with your foot and start pulling pieces of rebar out of it like toothpicks from a piece of cheese.

You run after the bird. Unfortunately, you cannot see the bird. All you can hear is a little girl screaming.

I am very angry! Throw the stupid toy gun at that Nick thing. Stupid useless thing, I didn't even shoot that hard!
You throw the beeping broken big baka gun towards Nick's last known location. Due to the dark clouds surrounding you however, you can't really see its effects.

Reload my rocket launcher then rush over to Nick, flapping my tiny wings desperately to accelerate my progress. If see him at any point, fire my rocket launcher.
You run after the bird and towards the direction John indicated as fast as you can. It's hard to see in the rain and the clouds, but that upgrade of yours is still helping. You manage to spot a point of intense heat that disappears soon after.

You run towards it and come upon... a giant gun? Before you can contemplate what that might mean, the gun explodes. You close your eyes and raise your hands to protect yourself from the shrapnel. But the shrapnel never come. You open your eyes to see the explosion reversing in front of you, the shrapnel chasing the shrinking fireball, combining to reform the gun. Hm. It seems that the gun has gotten stuck in a loop where it continually explodes and reforms in semi-slow motion.

Looking around, you manage to spot another heat source. This one looks promising. It might be what you're looking for. Especially considering there is a little girl screaming there, probably frightened by the giagantic bird.

<<He's hurt, guys, good job!  He's trying to get away though; looks like he's floating up to one of those buildings!>>
<<Something is not right. Our foe is an entity, a beast of incredible cunning. He would not make a rush so foolish and suicidal.... It is possible that he can conjure an illusion, a shadow form of himself. Pursuing him might lead us into a trap.>>

More voices!?  Why doesn't it ever...wait, huh?  They sound like my teammates' voices.  Why is- George's thoughts are interrupted as he spots the dark cloud approaching.  Seeing the possible threat, he considers the current situation.  The monster is injured.  The other fighters are keeping it distracted.  If he acts now, it won't even notice him.  There's not much time.  He might not get this opportunity again.  It's risky, but he'll have to take the chance.

George knows what he must do.

Run out of the house while screaming.  Run as far away from the battle as possible.
You run away, screaming like a little girl.
<Well, this is embarrassing. I don't know if I should laugh or facepalm.>
Unfortunately, you are not quick enough to outrun the darkness. Soon, you can't really see where you are going. Your screams are echoing everywhere around you, further disorienting you. You slip on the wet ground and end up falling face first on the ground.

There is a buzzing noise as you raise your head. You can feel the hair on your skin being pulled. You can see a dim blue light. And then it stops. Something falls on the ground in front of you with a thump, the faint blue light disappearing. Another thump. And another. A curved, pointy black beak appears within the clouds, followed by a head full of dark feathers, two black eyes and a blue-tinted Mohawk-like crest.
<Why are you screaming, little human?> he asks, opening its beak slightly, emitting a very low pitched warbling noise, almost beyond the range of hearing.
Its feathers shift, changing position, creating four holes in the plumage of his head. Strange tendrils start growing through the holes and towards you, things that look like long, thin and flexible eye-stalks, shining with a bioluminescent blue.
<Don't you trust me?> it adds as it cocks his head slightly. His head-voice sounds like he is smiling. And you're willing to bet it's not a good smile. At least not for you.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 06:01:31 pm by Parisbre56 »

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5178 on: October 12, 2015, 07:53:50 pm »

Fire the rocket directly at the heat source. If I can discern any qualities of the creature based on the heat source, aim for the head. The moment I fire, begin moving forward and reloading my rocket launcher. I want to get close to the creature but not too close that I put myself in immediate danger.

<Code Red! We have a small, frightened girl being terrorized by a massive terrorbird! Converge on my location! If you know where that is, of course. If you don't, follow the sounds of explosions. That's not good advice in life, but right now, just do it.>
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #5179 on: October 12, 2015, 08:12:34 pm »

CONTINUE TO TRY TO WAKE UP.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5180 on: October 12, 2015, 08:13:33 pm »

I have an idea! Slam my fists into the ground, directing a shockwave into the dark cloud. That should hit SOMETHING!
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5181 on: October 12, 2015, 08:15:15 pm »

((Okay, a bit too big on this one d= ))

Yeah, let's cancel this.  Try again except more reasonably sized?  I can cancel, right?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5182 on: October 12, 2015, 08:27:21 pm »

(toaster, I can use it, could I have it please?)
Yep, the sig is here
I am a Christian

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5183 on: October 12, 2015, 09:09:04 pm »

((You can use this thing?))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5184 on: October 12, 2015, 09:16:19 pm »

(Yeah, nevermind. It'd be impossible for him to aim. Super strength doesn't help if the trigger is too far away for him to shoot.)
Yep, the sig is here
I am a Christian

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5185 on: October 12, 2015, 11:04:55 pm »

<Hi D. You feeling okay? You seemed really tired yesterday.>
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5186 on: October 12, 2015, 11:50:28 pm »

George - Storm Coming

Okay, so I'm surrounded by darkness, the demon bird is poised to kill me, and I have no chance of escape.  Well, at least it can't get any worse.
<Code Red! We have a small, frightened girl being terrorized by a massive terrorbird! Converge on my location! If you know where that is, of course. If you don't, follow the sounds of explosions. That's not good advice in life, but right now, just do it.>
...I hate my life.

Fueled by fear and adrenaline, George quickly devised a plan.  A risky plan with a high chance of failure.  George rose to his feet and faced the beast.
<Why are you screaming, little human?>
<Don't you trust me?>
"Ah..AHA!  FOOL!  You've fallen into our trap!  My scream was a ruse!  We expected you to come after me!  It was all part of our plan!  My team have rigged this place with landmines and hidden explosives that will detonate any second now!  Flee!  Flee or die!"

Bluff.  Do my best impression of a Saturday morning cartoon villain.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 11:52:49 pm by Megggas »
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #5187 on: October 13, 2015, 12:04:22 am »

((Even though he's gonna instantly realise you're bluffing because the entire objective of the mission is to kill him and you would be regenerated anyway I am so glad you went for that.))
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5188 on: October 13, 2015, 02:19:39 am »

"Mmm s'mores the breakfast of champions. I'll be right there."

The tents exit tunnel was filled by the sandstorm and I don't think shrinking the tent with everyone still inside it is a good idea. Get whoever is in here to dig our way out, help as much as I can with one good hand. Once everyone's out shrink and pack up the tent and join Alan for smores.

Comwire to River:

<Do you mind healing? My hands broken.>
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #5189 on: October 13, 2015, 02:27:10 am »

((Inb4 TPK by trying to make breakfast))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 344 345 [346] 347 348 ... 521