Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 341 342 [343] 344 345 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1126472 times)

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Storm Coming
« Reply #5130 on: October 01, 2015, 02:01:31 pm »

((Thought there was still a coridor between the room where I went and the starting room. Ah well.))

<Team A, Svajoklis>

Inspect myself. Inspect suroundings.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5131 on: October 01, 2015, 03:07:54 pm »

Cock my rocket launcher and open fire on the massive bird. As I do that, attempt to increase the size of my wings. If I succeed, immediately begin moving backwards, reloading my rocket launcher and firing again when possible.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5132 on: October 01, 2015, 03:17:55 pm »

((Can I join?))
Ability:Can (short-range timetrav and) redo (or cancel, if it turns out that things wouldone Go Horribly Wrong) any action of about 5-10 seconds length, but only once per action.  Will automatically pop on death.
(In game mechanics terms, I get best of two rolls and/or knowledge of what's around the corner.)
((Further backstory waiting on ability confirm.))
« Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 07:51:46 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5133 on: October 01, 2015, 06:10:59 pm »

Team A, WMD

Deploy more anchors to get a better grip and move closer to the building. Preferably into one of the partially open rooms or underneath the top floor.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5134 on: October 02, 2015, 10:41:30 am »

Team A
"You remind me of a proverbial snake. Spreading lies and pretending to be a friend. Now face someone who can fight back." Bryan speaks to Joanna now, "Please hold on Joanna, I'll try to take care of this quickly."
Fight back against the force, hopefully negating its attacks and searching for the source.
((Thanks for the reminder of her name. Should have realized it got mentioned somewhere before.))
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5135 on: October 02, 2015, 10:53:43 am »

... Shoot this bird out of the sky.
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #5136 on: October 02, 2015, 11:17:31 am »

Inspect the room, hopefully finding an another door.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 11:19:14 am by H4zardZ1 »
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5137 on: October 02, 2015, 12:00:33 pm »

Saevus takes a look at John squirming on the ground in pain and nods approvingly. He then briefly considers the idea of pointing out that he's not human to Nick.

Get to the car! Fire it at the bird! Then fire my rebar spear at it! Fire everything!
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5138 on: October 02, 2015, 07:41:16 pm »

Shoot an air-burst frag grenade at it!  As many as he remains in targeting range!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Wolfkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5139 on: October 03, 2015, 08:14:42 am »

((Sorry for vanishing for a week, life happened))

"Now then, hold still. And you would happen to have any anesthesia on you, would you? Because I don't!"
Use a laser to trim the mannequin leg to match the portion I cut off of Fizz's leg.
Then, time for mad-science-back-alley prosthetics surgery using the tools and materials I gathered last turn.
You wanna frisk this guy? This guy with the technicolor wonder limbs? The limbs that could probably slap you on several different levels of reality?
Your tabs are just pure chaos, Wolfkit.
Sig

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Everybody Lies
« Reply #5140 on: October 03, 2015, 10:08:19 am »

"Hmm. What about..."
Try to help Welroki with formulas.

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5141 on: October 03, 2015, 11:30:07 am »

Storm Coming - George
George clutched his head as bitter anger sparked inside his mind.  Ugh, enough!  I am sick of hearing voices in my head!  Shut up! Shut up!! SHUT UP!!

Intensely think the words "Shut up" in an attempt to silence the voices.

(Since I'm just waiting in the house anyway, I thought I'd try to get George to accidentally discover that he can communicate telepathically.  We have interfaces for this mission, right?  I don't recall anyone telling him that he could use it to communicate)
« Last Edit: October 03, 2015, 12:13:55 pm by Megggas »
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #5142 on: October 04, 2015, 07:23:32 pm »

Campaign

"Hmm. Sleepytimes I think!"

Summon a very big feather mattress for us to sleep on.

((Yeah, no one expects the Xantalos conspiracy.))
You create a little pyramid out of 6 enormous mattresses and then get trapped under one of the mattresses when part of it collapses.
Well, if you think about it, it's sort of like having a very heavy blanket over your legs. You'll probably just have to wake up occasionally and spit out some sand or when the cold gets too bad. Unless the thing collapses.

SNOOZE SLEEP SNORE DREAM YUM SLEEP. Please link to something dreamlike I dunno.
Hmm... I don't have much sleep or dream-like things... let's see, what could qualify if I stretched the boundaries... a quick check of my youtube vids and images folders reveals I've got a video of sleepy animals, a video of a purple anthropomorphic fox singing to the moon, a giant nightmarish biomechanical spider staring down a man, cat soldiers playing with grenades, alien ships on red  and blue skies, the 5 stages of a woman's possession, a nightmarish view of the future where everything burns... So, I dunno, choose.

Fakeedit: Oh and I can also link you to http://desktopography.net/ which is where I got my avatars from. It's where I get most of my desktop backgrounds, actually. It's got some fun dream-like images and they recently released their 2015 images. EDIT: Oh, hey and they have a firefox image. I'll probably switch to that, to keep with the "fire animals from desktopography" theme my avatars have had so far.
Fakeedit2: Oh, I also have this guy http://alexandreev.livejournal.com/, some Russian guy's site I found by accident many years ago. My Russian are not good enough to understand what he's saying, but he makes some fun drawings, some of them technological, others quite dream-like and alien.

I very carefully create a tiny mote of flame, just enough to see by, and keep it under my active control. I then settle down to wait out the sandstorm.
You create a tiny bit of flame, so small it could be confused with a firefly. It provides the barest of illumination, just enough to get a rough idea of what's around you. That done, you curl up to rest and try to ignore your tiredness and hunger.

Campaign, Ike!

Retreat from the wall over to the tent, and guard the others for a good while. Then, once sleepiness takes over, get Alan to stand guard in my stead as I go and sleep. Failing that, get Theri or Irine instead.
Seeing as both Irine and Theri appear to want to stay awake for now, I'll say you sleep first and wake up later, unless you object.

Campaign, Ike!

Retreat from the wall over to the tent, and guard the others for a good while. Then, once sleepiness takes over, get Alan to stand guard in my stead as I go and sleep. Failing that, get Theri or Irine instead.
Volunteer for first shift--thinking about what I've seen, mulling it over in my mind along with the priority we're all wanting to be done, and as an aside, appreciate the storm. Check how it rages outside our comfy, tiny tent.
You settle inside the tent along with the others (except for Alan and River who seem to be staying outside), but you stay awake, unlike some of the others, who are already snoring. You rest your back on one of the tent's sturdy walls, feeling the wind push against it, almost as if it is massaging your back. The whistling of the wind is accompanied by the sound of sand and dirt hitting the tent, slowly getting louder and more frequent, until it becomes constant. The already dim light coming from the tiny hole in one of the tent's walls disappears, getting replaced by occasional particles of dust swirling in, lit by Irine's tiny mote of fire. The fire is constantly shivering as the occasional gust of cold wind that makes it through the hole hits it, but it holds, its heat along with the heat of your bodies making the inside of the tent pleasantly warm. The conditions would be enough to threaten to lull you to sleep, were it not for a sense of power, a feeling of excitement and dread for standing in the way of something so powerful, being threatened to be swept away and yet surviving.

You settle your head back, close your eyes and think about what you know, letting the images of your memories drift through the darkness in your eyes, trying to work through what has happened on the brief time you've been awake. You woke up in the ruins of a city and reconnected with the rest of your teammates near the evening. Your teammates decided that it would be best to head east in order to find the being you are hunting as quickly as possible. However you don't know where exactly you are headed or how far you must go. You don't even know that much about what this being is supposed to be and why you are hunting it.

Then there was some sort of altercation between River and the others, but... now that you think about it, you don't know much about what happened then either, though everything seems better now. Then you walked until the storm came and then set up camp. You saw a light in the storm but decided to not risk exploring it alone.

It could be that that light was a sign of humans or other intelligent beings being there. Assuming they are friendly and not a band of bandits or something similar, it could be wise to try to reach them once the storm passes. They could provide you with rumours, a map you could use, better equipment, a way to travel faster or even a proper meal and a warm and comfy place to rest. Anything that could help you on your journey. But Irine, River and the others said they had some trouble with humans in the past. If that is a human village or something similar, then you hope that your interaction with them will turn out better than it did for them...

OOC
If there's nothing else you want to do, I'll continue tomorrow. Just wanted to get a quick update so I can get back to making them more often.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2015, 07:29:08 pm by Parisbre56 »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5143 on: October 05, 2015, 02:42:11 am »

nothing to do, release my little flame and go to sleep until the storm dies out.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5144 on: October 05, 2015, 01:50:47 pm »

Let's dream about the nightmarish biomechanical spider.

((I had a dream about being hunted by nightmarish biomechanical spiders once. It was terrifying.))
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.
Pages: 1 ... 341 342 [343] 344 345 ... 521