Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 340 341 [342] 343 344 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1126749 times)

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Storm Coming
« Reply #5115 on: September 27, 2015, 02:39:41 pm »

Damn, I need those wings and fast! If there is any sign that the Avian knows anything about my position, move my ass until I'm safe. Get those wings, asap!
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5116 on: September 27, 2015, 02:59:49 pm »

"Hmm. Sleepytimes I think!"

Summon a very big feather mattress for us to sleep on.

((Yeah, no one expects the Xantalos conspiracy.))
((Please don't smother me))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #5117 on: September 27, 2015, 03:11:05 pm »

"Hmm. Sleepytimes I think!"

Summon a very big feather mattress for us to sleep on.

((Yeah, no one expects the Xantalos conspiracy.))
((Please don't smother me))
Nah, don't worry, he can't even fit through the hole to get into the tent. It's much more likely that he'll overshot, shoot the tent with a stream of gigantic mattresses, thus uprooting the giant sword and causing it to fall on you and Nikolai, instantly killing you. So, as you can see, dying a slow agonizing death due to oxygen deprivation is highly unlikely.

...That was what you were worrying about, right?

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #5118 on: September 27, 2015, 06:18:56 pm »

((Toaster I think I just saved your ass, you better make the most of it.))
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5119 on: September 27, 2015, 07:03:23 pm »

SNOOZE SLEEP SNORE DREAM YUM SLEEP. Please link to something dreamlike I dunno.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5120 on: September 27, 2015, 11:16:59 pm »

"Yeah nope, if anyone wants this gun it's right here!"

Ditch the heavy drag me to death gun, and get my ass to a more distant shelter NOW.  Targeting helmet summon go!  Still prioritize running.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5121 on: September 27, 2015, 11:20:35 pm »

Oh Yeah! Get the big gun John dropped! Get shooting at that guy who shoots lightning at cars and blows them up!
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5122 on: September 28, 2015, 12:07:35 am »

Continue doing nothing unless told otherwise.

((Adam might still be alive.  We can communicate with each other telepathically, right?  Someone should tell George to rescue and heal Adam.))
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5123 on: September 28, 2015, 04:35:47 am »

I very carefully create a tiny mote of flame, just enough to see by, and keep it under my active control. I then settle down to wait out the sandstorm.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5124 on: September 28, 2015, 04:38:22 am »

Campaign, Ike!

Retreat from the wall over to the tent, and guard the others for a good while. Then, once sleepiness takes over, get Alan to stand guard in my stead as I go and sleep. Failing that, get Theri or Irine instead.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5125 on: September 28, 2015, 12:13:55 pm »

Let's try another (and possibly a little smaller) car. Do try to grab some rebar on the way to it though.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #5126 on: September 29, 2015, 07:21:10 am »

Try to wake up?
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #5127 on: September 29, 2015, 09:09:10 am »

Campaign, Ike!

Retreat from the wall over to the tent, and guard the others for a good while. Then, once sleepiness takes over, get Alan to stand guard in my stead as I go and sleep. Failing that, get Theri or Irine instead.
Volunteer for first shift--thinking about what I've seen, mulling it over in my mind along with the priority we're all wanting to be done, and as an aside, appreciate the storm. Check how it rages outside our comfy, tiny tent.

Theri looked at River, noticing that the rest were tired or otherwise farther than him from her.

"How do you feel now?"

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #5128 on: September 29, 2015, 09:18:35 am »

Theri looked at River, noticing that the rest were tired or otherwise farther than him from her.

"How do you feel now?"
"Hungry. Tired. ... Confused. Sad. Afraid." he adds as he seems to reconsider the alternate meaning of your words.
"But I can still work. I can still fight."

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #5129 on: October 01, 2015, 01:38:49 pm »

<Team A, Svajoklis>

Crush the head of the creature with the mace just to be sure. Inspect my ammo suplies, reload the gun(s) and go see what that green light is all about.

You crush the head of the creature with a mighty blow. It immediately starts dissolving and the feeling of unease you were feeling starts to dissipate, the flame in your torch-mace burning brightly. That done, you turn around and start heading for the green light. You realise that that was a bad idea when you enter the room and find it melting and distorting into impossible shapes like a Dali painting, a strange organic structure suspended from the walls and ceiling by long spiky tentacles its core too bright to look at directly.

And then it explodes.

Team A
"I realize that I have hurt you through my inaction. Nothing I can do now will change the pain I've caused in the past. I couldn't do something then, but I can do something now. What I can do now is protect you from everything happening now. I can keep you safe, and we can leave this place." Bryan's voice takes on a more accusatory tone, "And to you hiding in the shadows, Why don't you come speak your accusations to my face? Someone who is too afraid to face his or her opponents has no right to belittle their actions. And what of your own? Are you so blameless in this matter that you can judge from behind a veil? Leave her out of this, and face me. I won't fight if you don't attack, why don't we talk?"
Can I remember any of the events they are talking about? What is the girl's name by the way, surely I know that. Also, look and listen for the source of the voice.
((I hope I don't say something that screws this up.))
You remember what was said in the briefing you received on the way here. Her name must be Joanna.

"He is lying. He can't help you. You know what I can do. I can take the pain away. I can make everything better. Now strike him down."
"I- I can't."
"Do this. Otherwise they will kill me. And there will be nothing to take the pain away. Nothing to change what happened. You will be consumed. Your life will be a torture."
"No. I- I can't. I won't."
The girl turns around and tries to do something with her hands.
"Gah. You idiot." the other says with a pained gasp.
There is a green glow coming from behind you. Glancing there, you see the door you came through has disappeared, leaving only a line in the snow behind it.
"You're just making it harder for yourself. If you won't kill him, then I'll just kill him myself and then start over with you. It will be fun breaking you again. But first..."
You feel psychic energy gathering around you, resonating with dangerous patterns, assaulting your minds. Your training allows you to keep your mind calm, to resist most of the effect. However it seems that the girl is not so fortunate. The defences of her already fragile mind are easily overcome by a wave of pain and sadness. She falls to the snow-covered ground, making pained noises.

Team A, WMD

<We interrupt this banjo music marathon to bring you an important announcement: STAY THE FUCK AWAY FROM THE ROOM WE STARTED IN. SHIT'S ABOUT TO GET EXPLODEY. Now back to your regularly scheduled banjo.>

Do the thing.
You are about to do the thing, but for a moment you are overwhelmed by doubt, a pressure in the back of your mind. Like part of you doesn't think it's a good idea doing this. Images of your teammates flood your mind. What if they are not safe yet? What if this doesn't complete the mission? What if it makes things worse? But you manage to ignore the feeling and push through it. It's not too hard, not when your body is screaming for it.

For a few moment you are overwhelmed by the light, the fire, the pleasure of the release. You feel as if you are about to pass out right then and there. You have no idea what is happening. And then comes the tiredness. A weakness. A darkness. A void inside you. But you manage to push through that too, staying awake by sheer willpower.

You look around you. There are clouds everywhere. Around you and below you. But you are not falling. By some miracle, you are dangling from a support column somewhere above you that has barely managed to remain intact, one of your anchors weakly tied around it, every gust of wind threatening to push you into what seems like an infinite fall.

Further above you can see parts of the building still intact, rooms suspended into the air. You can see inside some of the rooms, the destruction you have caused forming something like an empty sphere, the edges of molten rock and burnt wood still glowing. Only the top floor appears to be mostly intact, with just a few holes on its bottom. There are strange lights and effects periodically appearing in the area affected by the destruction. The ones closest to you appear to be pairs of hexagons that randomly appear in the air for a few minutes, freezing anything between them and melting apart anything touching their red-hot wireframe edges.

You can feel your body withering, you can feel your limbs weakening, the weakness spreading, you can even see your limbs slowly starting to waste away, becoming white and emaciated.

Storm Coming

Damn, I need those wings and fast! If there is any sign that the Avian knows anything about my position, move my ass until I'm safe. Get those wings, asap!
You manage to make small wings sprout out of your back. They could let you glide, hover, maybe even slowly rise higher if you are not carrying anything heavy, but they are not strong enough to let you fly.

"Yeah nope, if anyone wants this gun it's right here!"

Ditch the heavy drag me to death gun, and get my ass to a more distant shelter NOW.  Targeting helmet summon go!  Still prioritize running.
You toss your weapon aside and start running away while screaming "Nope! Nope! Nope!".
And then you fall to the ground screaming "Ah! My face! Myrearfahcefgragrgbl" as your ability decides that masks are so last year and that cybernetic replacements are all the rage.
When it's done, you can feel the metal on your... what used to be your face, the electronics giving off a warmth and subtle vibrations that helps sooth your pain and dizziness somewhat. It's just a smooth armoured plate with two orbs full of energy, the air reaching your lungs through filters in the seams. The orbs are powerful enough to show you the glowing form of your opponent, even before the electronics draw a cross-hair around it.

Oh Yeah! Get the big gun John dropped! Get shooting at that guy who shoots lightning at cars and blows them up!
You start running, the concrete breaking beneath your legs with every thudding step, shifting like sand. You make it close to John (who is currently squirming on the floor in pain) and grab his giant gun. Finally, something big enough for you.

Let's try another (and possibly a little smaller) car. Do try to grab some rebar on the way to it though.
You grab a piece of rebar and prepare to use it as a spear. That done, you start running towards the closest car.

Oh, hey, John is trying to imitate you. He's got a smooth and expressionless metal face and brightly glowing red eyes.

Continue doing nothing unless told otherwise.

((Adam might still be alive.  We can communicate with each other telepathically, right?  Someone should tell George to rescue and heal Adam.))
Looks like the others don't want you to go help that guy who just got fried. Considering what happens next, they might have a good reason for doing so.

Try to wake up?
Your body twitches a little.

Everyone
The rain becomes stronger, starting to cover everything with water. The water mixes with ash, dirt and debris, forming a thin layer of sludge on the ground.

A gigantic bulge forms at the bottom of the clouds and starts falling towards your general direction, leaving a trail of dark clouds behind it. And then your opponent emerges through it, a great black avian creature embraced by dark clouds, dark clouds that look like they are escaping through his feathers, forming a thickening trail behind him. A poet might say something like "an enormous crow dressed on dark cloudy ribbons".
<Ha ha ha! Run humans!> he screams into your minds, accompanied by an actual avian shriek.
Pages: 1 ... 340 341 [342] 343 344 ... 521