Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 337 338 [339] 340 341 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1127220 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Special People: Storm Coming
« Reply #5070 on: September 18, 2015, 05:15:36 am »

There is no "behind" the statue, there's just a small space behind the statue's back. The statue is part of the cliff, carved out of it. Something like this:
Spoiler: Googled Picture (click to show/hide)
But of a man sitting on a throne, kinda like this:
Spoiler: Crappy Drawing (click to show/hide)

Also, are you using any specific method to search or just looking/smelling around?
« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 05:20:28 am by Parisbre56 »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5071 on: September 18, 2015, 05:38:40 am »

((For the insects, looking at first, catching for closer looks next. For the alcove, touching the walls, looking for seams, knocking on the cliff and listening plus whatever else comes to mind.

And yes, that's how I imagined it was. Perhaps "around" would have been a more fitting word than "behind".))

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5072 on: September 18, 2015, 08:10:20 am »

Team A
"Who died? What happened? Please, I understand that you're angry right now because I couldn't help before. What can I do now?"
Hold my position for right now, but keep an eye on how close she is getting.
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5073 on: September 18, 2015, 10:33:36 am »

"I would also like to request one of these 'big guns' of thine."

Look around for things I could launch at Nick.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5074 on: September 18, 2015, 10:36:36 am »

"Okay, rifles it is.  Hope you're all good shots; you can keep him off me while I go for something bigger."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5075 on: September 18, 2015, 12:04:33 pm »

((My internets dead until monday. :( Posting from phone, can't post much. I think Tiruin might be cursing people.))

"Oops, forgot the door."

Try to cut a door with my knife or Alan's scissors, whichever works better. I hope the fabric isn't too impenetrable.
If I can't get through then try hitting the handle of the knife with a rock to get it through, but something about that screams bad idea.

Closing his eyes, he said to Nikolai, "If you need help, just ask. I could guard or try to conceal our position if needed, but I don't have too much energy."
"Won't need much guarding or concealment in the sandstorm. Relax and conserve your energy."
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5076 on: September 18, 2015, 12:38:08 pm »

"Um, we could just dig under it. the ground here isn't all that hard."
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Wolfkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5077 on: September 18, 2015, 12:49:07 pm »

"Whoops, sorry about that. I was getting the hang of laser without hitting you guys whoch meant that it was inevitable for me to become overconfident and mess up, you know how it is, I'm sure you've done something like that before, I know I have! Anyways, don't panic. I have an idea!"
You said there were some machinery and tools in here, any metal rods or similar that I could grab/salvage/break off/laser off? If so collect them, as well as any tools that look like they might be useful in surgery. Maybe some thread too. Also grab some strips of fabric from the dresses, and a severed left leg from a mannequin, there must be loads of those lying around by now.
You wanna frisk this guy? This guy with the technicolor wonder limbs? The limbs that could probably slap you on several different levels of reality?
Your tabs are just pure chaos, Wolfkit.
Sig

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5078 on: September 18, 2015, 01:07:20 pm »

"Oh, you want us to distract him?......Well, uh, good luck with that.  Let me know when my stuff is ready."

Run off and hide somewhere close by.  If any of my biological allies get hurt, then point and laugh rush out, grab them, and bring them to my hiding place.  Apply healing touch if necessary.

Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5079 on: September 18, 2015, 04:23:18 pm »

Use a little bit of biomass to change my eyes so they can detect changes in heat, then look for a large flying shape. If I see anything large and moving through the sky that looks like a large bird, then blast it with my rocket launcher.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #5080 on: September 20, 2015, 03:21:45 pm »

Storm Coming

I assume you're not all bunched up close together, otherwise Salsacookies' actions would have some unfortunate consequences for the rest of you.

Wake up from my nap. pound fists into the ground
"Ghraphish Nargiu TASH! Yokno Leme wakup, you stupid DREAM!!!"
You hit the ground with enough strength to cause a shock-wave and create a respectable crater below you. The shock-wave disturbs the ash on the ground, causing it to form even thicker clouds, and shakes the surrounding wreckage, a small rumble accompanying the echoes of your shock-wave as some of the debris resettle.

<Hey! Be careful! You may accidentally hurt one of your friends! And he may see you.>

A couple of seconds later, as if to prove his statement right, a faint blue glow appears on the ground next to your hole. The wreckage of a car begin to spark and glow with St. Elmo's fire, the occasional spark escaping from its hull. The light is slowly getting brighter as the debris start to tremble.

Entity Challenge - John

"Uhh... sure.  I've learned not to question.  Be warned, Ron and I tend to make a lot of fire.  Sniper rifle?  Visibility here's kinda shit, but we can do long rifles."

Summon a hunting rifle with scope; something of a decent but not huge caliber.  Make copies for everyone.  Also ammo and copies; keep at least one clip to myself for additional copies.
You summon a rather gigantic high-tech death tube. Even with both hands, it still feels heavy, so you have to lean backwards, make use of a sling around your back and rest it on your pelvis to hold it comfortably, without straining. It's complex enough that you don't have enough time to make copies. And for the life of you, you can't tell what that thing is supposed to do.

It has two handles on the side (the one on the back is larger than the one in the front, while the one in the front has a button), a keypad and speaker on top and three unlabelled knobs on the other side, currently in the second of the three possible positions. The sling is attached close to the front of the weapon and is currently short enough to allow you to easily aim upwards. You can also tell it has what you think is a rather potent (and heavy) power-source, given that it is connected to the collection of black bits that form the heart of the machine with thick cables, where the button and the three switches are also connected. The barrel of the gun has three spinning bits inside it and is humming quietly.

You get the feeling that you are supposed to point at what you want to die and push the button. And the things to the side are probably meant to adjust its functionality. You could just push the button and see what happens...

A building on the opposite side of the street starts glowing with a faint blue glow that is slowly getting brighter, sparks flying out of the pieces of metal inside it.

"I would also like to request one of these 'big guns' of thine."

Look around for things I could launch at Nick.
Plenty of debris around. Depends on how confident you are. You could go from "Heavy Pebble" to "Spear made out of rebar" to "Car". Could even try with "Gigantic Piece of Reinforced Concrete" but even with most of your power behind the blast, you'd need him to fly pretty low.

Use a little bit of biomass to change my eyes so they can detect changes in heat, then look for a large flying shape. If I see anything large and moving through the sky that looks like a large bird, then blast it with my rocket launcher.
You get a sort-of blurry add-on to your vision that shows you infrared radiation. Unfortunately, it doesn't allow you to see much of interest beyond the fact that those glowing blue areas have something like a tendril of heat extending above them.

"Oh, you want us to distract him?......Well, uh, good luck with that.  Let me know when my stuff is ready."

Run off and hide somewhere close by.  If any of my biological allies get hurt, then point and laugh rush out, grab them, and bring them to my hiding place.  Apply healing touch if necessary.
Seeing your teammates prepare, you commit the only sensible action: RUN AWAY!
It appears to have been the right choice too, as more and more of those blue areas are appearing around their general area, but (with the exception to Ron) not very close to them.
You hide in the remains of a sturdy looking house and adopt the fetal position.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5081 on: September 20, 2015, 04:07:57 pm »

Study the appearance of the glowing areas. Is there any kind of pattern to them? For example, are there certain regions that are not being touched by the blue glowing areas? Something that might suggest a blind spot in the enemy's line of sight, which would allow us to see where the enemy was planting these glowing areas from?
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5082 on: September 20, 2015, 04:13:01 pm »

Storm Coming - George

As George reluctantly withdrew from the fetal position (his go-to position for dangerous situations), he looked around the house he was hiding in.  I better make sure there isn't some kind of mutant fire rat hiding around the corner, eager to spit fireballs at me and nibble on my head.  Sure, it's unlikely, but it wouldn't be the strangest thing I've seen today.

Cautiously look around and search the house that I'm hiding in.  Pay close attention to any details that might indicate that dangerous fire-spitting or head-crushing creatures live here.  Also look for any clues that show that the house is about to collapse any minute now.  If I discover that dangerous creatures live here, the house is about to collapse, or any other kind of fire hazard exists here, then immediately run out of the house and find another hiding place.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2015, 04:14:40 pm by Megggas »
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5083 on: September 20, 2015, 04:27:07 pm »

Let's go with "Car". Get a gun from John if he copies one (and wants to give me one). If I didn't get a gun, summon myself a tower shield (although I think it probably won't work).
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5084 on: September 20, 2015, 06:18:15 pm »

((Who all wanted a gun?  I'm aware that they came out a bit bigger than ordered.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 337 338 [339] 340 341 ... 521