Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 336 337 [338] 339 340 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1126953 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Special People: Storm Coming
« Reply #5055 on: September 17, 2015, 07:32:27 pm »

(Am I in the fight? I showed interest before)
Yeah, your disaster waiting to happen character is in this fight.

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5056 on: September 17, 2015, 08:24:22 pm »

John nodded at the group.  "Right, like I said earlier, I can summon equipment that anyone can use.  Since this guy is a flier, I was thinking about making a big flak gun to keep him off us while we mount a counterattack.  Anyone want to man that? Meanwhile, if any of you want equipment, tell me now.  The more complicated it is, the longer it takes, and I can do multiples a lot faster; meaning if you all want guns, you're getting the same guns.  Now, whatcha need?"
George, who wasn't completely listening when John described his limitations, speaks up.
"Hey, here's an idea.  Let's not even fight this monster.  How about you just summon up a robot army to take it down.  Those count as machines, right?"
« Last Edit: September 17, 2015, 09:01:49 pm by Megggas »
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5057 on: September 17, 2015, 08:30:08 pm »

"A robot army?  Uh... that'd probably take too long.  I can't say I've tried a true robot like that before, but it'd probably take the whole fight to even get a little robot squad going.  The more complicated, the harder it is.  Rifles and shotguns are nice and fast."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #5058 on: September 17, 2015, 08:36:50 pm »

"Ooh! Ooh I can help!"

Enthusiastically summon some scissors for Nikolai.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5059 on: September 17, 2015, 08:42:36 pm »

"A robot army?  Uh... that'd probably take too long.  I can't say I've tried a true robot like that before, but it'd probably take the whole fight to even get a little robot squad going.  The more complicated, the harder it is.  Rifles and shotguns are nice and fast."
George sighs.  Well, of course it couldn't be that easy.  With my luck, that monster will probably come after me first.  Might as well prepare myself....

"Ugh, alright.  Can you make fire extinguishers?  Or maybe just a really good helmet?  I could use one of those.  If a helmet doesn't count as a 'machine', then uh...add a battery operated propeller to it.  That will work, right?"
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5060 on: September 17, 2015, 08:43:37 pm »

((And thus ended the tale of Nikolai.))

"I've done plenty of fancy helmets, but a simple one should be fine as well.  Any features on it?  Why fire extinguisher, though?"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5061 on: September 17, 2015, 08:48:07 pm »

((And thus ended the tale of Nikolai.))

"I've done plenty of fancy helmets, but a simple one should be fine as well.  Any features on it?  Why fire extinguisher, though?"

"Like I said before, I'm...allergic to fire.  Apparently, alien brain slugs don't like the stuff, and the one inside my brain is...eh, forget about it.  It's too long a story to tell.  Fire messes me up, that's all you need to know.  Actually, now that you mention it, can you make a helmet with an automated fire extinguisher attached to it?"

EDIT:
((I'm wondering if it would be a good idea to try to dig some kind of hole and hide underground.  Then John will have plenty of time to prep us, since Nick won't be able to reach us.  On the other hand, Nick's attacks might be able to cause a cave in that could kill us all.  So...might not be the best idea.))
« Last Edit: September 17, 2015, 09:00:32 pm by Megggas »

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5062 on: September 17, 2015, 09:44:09 pm »

Wake up from my nap. pound fists into the ground
"Ghraphish Nargiu TASH! Yokno Leme wakup, you stupid DREAM!!!"
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #5063 on: September 18, 2015, 12:09:53 am »

Adam straightens out, and looks around while he slowly removes his gloves, folding them, and putting them in a nearly invisible pocket.
"Hmph, not much cover around here, that may be annoying."
John nodded at the group.  "Right, like I said earlier, I can summon equipment that anyone can use.  Since this guy is a flier, I was thinking about making a big flak gun to keep him off us while we mount a counterattack.  Anyone want to man that? Meanwhile, if any of you want equipment, tell me now.  The more complicated it is, the longer it takes, and I can do multiples a lot faster; meaning if you all want guns, you're getting the same guns.  Now, whatcha need?"
"Some sort of sniper rifle, or at the very least some binoculars that could see through this smog, as you may be able to tell, I'm atrociously frail, so I believe I may be best sorted to gathering information and picking away at him from a distance."
Giving a quick sweep of the area, he focuses in on the large leaning building and the hill it stands on.
"I'll see if I can take up position there, perhaps not in the building itself, but the hill itself has at least some height advantage."
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5064 on: September 18, 2015, 12:14:30 am »

Entity Challenge - John

"Uhh... sure.  I've learned not to question.  Be warned, Ron and I tend to make a lot of fire.  Sniper rifle?  Visibility here's kinda shit, but we can do long rifles."

Summon a hunting rifle with scope; something of a decent but not huge caliber.  Make copies for everyone.  Also ammo and copies; keep at least one clip to myself for additional copies.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 01:16:09 pm by Toaster »

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5065 on: September 18, 2015, 12:41:36 am »

"Well, if you talkin' gunz... Gimme a big one! I'll kill befor it knows it be livin!"
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5066 on: September 18, 2015, 01:16:22 am »

((Damn. I have been away for a while. I'm so terribly sorry for not posting. I've been mentally exhausted with a bunch of work and study recently.
From what I read, I assume that I'm still with Nikolai and the others of the main group.))

Zechariah sat down on the ground and yawned. He was zoning out, trying to keep his mind blank so as to focus on the mission ahead and not let his somber mood disturb his attention. He watched as Nikolai set up a shelter, though with an odd result in the end.
With nothing much to do, Zechariah kept watch with his inferior human eyes. He really wasn't that much of a help now. He couldn't really hunt or sense things like the others could, and he can't really summon shards right now due to the time. He would have to rely on the shadows, even though they were only suitable for defensive or evasive measures.
Deciding that he couldn't just mope around, he righted himself and attempted to meditate, even with the commotion around him. He hoped that he could slow down his thought process enough to remain calm and at least relaxed despite his insecurities.
Closing his eyes, he said to Nikolai, "If you need help, just ask. I could guard or try to conceal our position if needed, but I don't have too much energy."

Meditate and be calm. Try to keep an ear out for disturbances, however.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5067 on: September 18, 2015, 01:39:12 am »

((Zech's "inferior" human eyes are better than Irine's hybid part-fox eyes. her hearing and smell outpaces his, but her sight is comparatively poor.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #5068 on: September 18, 2015, 01:59:34 am »

Note for people in the boss fight: I usually wait a while for people to post actions, especially when I see that they are active. If you want to wait/want the turn to happen but you don't want to do an action, then it's always nice to post something bolded, since it shows me that I don't need to wait.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5069 on: September 18, 2015, 04:41:00 am »

"Hmmm..."

Get a feel for the local insect population. Do they look like Earth insects, or different? What insects could I equate them with after a period of observation?

Furthermore, check the alcove behind the statue for secret doors and similar fuckery.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 04:42:46 am by Harry Baldman »
Pages: 1 ... 336 337 [338] 339 340 ... 521