Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 334 335 [336] 337 338 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1127337 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Everybody Lies
« Reply #5025 on: September 14, 2015, 11:46:46 pm »

Theri gestured at her companions.

"If we can find an elevated place to hide opposite where the storm blows, that'll be fine--otherwise, I suggest we get as far away from the storm as we can! Unless we have very adequate protection all over, that storm will really do damage."

Be the front scout to that path! Check the scenery around for conspicuous and not-so-conspicuous areas to stay.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #5026 on: September 15, 2015, 12:49:43 am »

"Hmph.
Oh, yes,my es, I am certainly ready to... Rumble."
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5027 on: September 15, 2015, 01:08:02 am »

Stab the sword into ground, drape and tie the tattered curtain over it, use some rocks to hold down the sides, then tsar and repair to make it an actually decent tent.
Unless we plan on following Theri's path instead.

"Hang on, let's see where our unusually proactive friend leads us first."

Follow Theri at a slight distance, keeping an ear out and smelling the air for any signs of horrors waiting to ambush us.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #5028 on: September 15, 2015, 01:42:05 am »

Toaster!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5029 on: September 15, 2015, 02:29:30 am »

"Okay Theri lead the way."
"I could make us a very good tent though."

Follow the the wolf girl. Or is it fox? Maybe coyote?
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5030 on: September 15, 2015, 05:33:56 am »

Seal-Rune flops into his back and claps his flippers together energetically, hoping the entities realize he is ready.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5031 on: September 15, 2015, 06:13:07 am »

"So, are you guys ready to rumble?"
"Aye."
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 06:59:39 am by Hawk132 »
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5032 on: September 15, 2015, 06:33:41 am »

"Okay"
I follow Theri's lead, but also watch the storm and ground and environment for a good place to dig myself a shelter, possibly in fox-form.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5033 on: September 15, 2015, 07:40:20 am »

"So, are you guys ready to rumble?"
"Not really, but let's get this over with.  Hopefully it won't be too long of a fight..."
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5034 on: September 15, 2015, 08:26:09 am »

Toaster!

Appear in mirror behind him

"I'm ready; let's do this thing."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #5035 on: September 15, 2015, 07:25:45 pm »

"Okay Theri lead the way."
"I could make us a very good tent though."

Follow the the wolf girl. Or is it fox? Maybe coyote?
You follow the jackal girl.
"Why don't you let me use my magic and instead use crude physical solutions such as walking or digging? Magic is great! Magic is elegant! There is no problem magic can't solve! Sure, sometimes it may cause more problems than it solves, but it doesn't matter, because you can always use magic to solve those problems!"

Toaster!
Toaster!
Appear in mirror behind him
Quick Xan! Look behind you! It's right there! Right there, can't you see it?! Right there on the kitchen counter!
Did you see it? No? Then all you have to do is extinguish all lights save a candle and look at the toaster. Look deeply into it. Look at your face reflected on its shiny surface... Now invoke the name of Toaster... Are you doing it... is anything happening? No? Then maybe you should look behind you...

I don't know whether or not there is a kitchen counter behind you and whether or not it has a shiny toaster on it, but if it does, wouldn't that spook you a bit? Note: Parisbre56 claims no responsibility if the Real Life Toaster or another malevolent spirit of cookware and/or cutlery appears behind you, in front of you, inside you or anywhere else nearby. Parisbre56 claims no responsibility if you burn yourself, figuratively or literally. Refunds applicable where obligatory by law. This is tiny legalese.  Quick! Toaster! Read this before Xan and use your superpowers to appear behind him! Wonder how many sub tags I can nest...

"Okay"
I follow Theri's lead, but also watch the storm and ground and environment for a good place to dig myself a shelter, possibly in fox-form.
The dirt here seems fairly soft. If you dug a hole big enough to prevent it from getting covered up by dirt (or at least in such a way that you are not in danger of suffocating), than you should probably be fine. Unless you have a better idea.

Theri gestured at her companions.

"If we can find an elevated place to hide opposite where the storm blows, that'll be fine--otherwise, I suggest we get as far away from the storm as we can! Unless we have very adequate protection all over, that storm will really do damage."

Be the front scout to that path! Check the scenery around for conspicuous and not-so-conspicuous areas to stay.
You follow the path, moving quickly while also keeping an eye on your surroundings.

Several minutes of walking later, the path starts going upwards and the wind abates as you begin approaching a large, solid dark thing, contrasting the blurry darkness of the approaching storm. Getting closer, you realise it's a small hill, rising out of the ground and protecting you from the wind somewhat. The edge of the hill closest to you is rocky, forming a cliff with strange shapes in it.

You finally reach the rocky cliff and rest next to one of those big strange-shaped rocks. You take cover behind the hill, gaining some respite from the wind which allows you to take a better look at this place. And then you realise that what you are touching is not a rock. What you are touching is a head. A head made out of rock, but a head nonetheless.

More careful examination of the rocky cliff reveals that the strange shapes you were seeing was a statue. The form of a man carved out of the stone on the face of the hill, sitting on a throne and yet several times higher than you, imposingly high. However, the grandeur of the statue is somewhat diminished by the fact that it has lost its head, despite the protection from the elements its little alcove provides. You can't tell all the details of the statue in the darkness, but you can tell that the man's head is bald, is wearing a simple circlet and has a smile on its face. A smile of a man with no worries and no sadness, as if he is oblivious to his decapitated state. A perfect perpetual smile lacking wrinkles and expression lines, the kind of smile you can only find in statues.

The path continues up the hill, becoming much steeper and a bit more rocky, but still traversable. Especially now that you don't have the wind pushing against you as much. You could keep exploring.

Stab the sword into ground, drape and tie the tattered curtain over it, use some rocks to hold down the sides, then tsar and repair to make it an actually decent tent.
Unless we plan on following Theri's path instead.

"Hang on, let's see where our unusually proactive friend leads us first."

Follow Theri at a slight distance, keeping an ear out and smelling the air for any signs of horrors waiting to ambush us.
You notice a vague periodicity in the storm, the buzzing of the wind becoming stronger, then a bit weaker, then much stronger, always getting stronger with each cycle. Other than that meteorological observation, you don't notice much else as you move forward, other than the fact that your ears make interesting sounds as they cut through the wind, the fact that one is shorter than the other making them emit something like a chord. That is, when they are not flapping in the wind or getting full of sand.

The path you are using appears devoid of human scents or other scents that could be interesting. There are some scents you don't recognize, but they seem weak and they aren't following the road, merely crossing it. Probably animals.

When you reach the broken statue however and you start examining the area around it, you notice that there is an old human smell on it and close to the path, along with some tiny bits of... *sniff* dried plants and... *poke* seeds maybe? Yes, something like apricot seeds, you can feel with your hand them under the covering of dirt. And then there is a place further away from both the statue and the path, behind a bush, where it looks like a hole was dug and... gah, not putting your hand close to that.

Looks like someone spent some time here. You think they might have been alone, but the age and weather could had erased the signs of others. Still not very interesting, but at least it's better than the familiar and unfamiliar animal scents you had until now.

You also think there are some animals hiding behind the statue's back. You think they are not very large, more like rats, although you can't really tell. You're just guessing from their scents and what your ears are telling you. You're not even sure if they are where you think they are. You might be getting confused by rocks..

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #5036 on: September 15, 2015, 09:06:12 pm »

((There actually is a toaster right behind me right now, but it's too scared to do anything.))

Follow along and perform antics as unnecessary. Internet's down for now (I feel your pain Tir) so just that.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5037 on: September 15, 2015, 10:16:25 pm »

((Xan Toaster, I inspire you!))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #5038 on: September 15, 2015, 11:50:09 pm »

Several minutes of walking later, the path starts going upwards and the wind abates as you begin approaching a large, solid dark thing, contrasting the blurry darkness of the approaching storm.
((I love this writing. :3 Hello Ozymandias figurine))

Noting the opportunity, Theri took the idea before really thinking about it. "I'll keep looking around. This looks like a nice spot to camp. Though, River? Do you recognize this person?" she said, pointing at the statue head.

I shall keep exploring, or will continue leading the rest if they so wish to go along.

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #5039 on: September 16, 2015, 05:40:27 am »

Wait until any of them stand. Then shoulder ram!
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things
Pages: 1 ... 334 335 [336] 337 338 ... 521