Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 326 327 [328] 329 330 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1127596 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Everybody Lies
« Reply #4905 on: September 01, 2015, 08:24:49 am »

I close my eyes and gently lean back against the wall / River's arm, controlling where I'll fall if I lose consciousness so as to not hurt either of us or break the link.
and I wait.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4906 on: September 01, 2015, 09:01:16 am »

To Nikolai: <Ooh, you better skedaddle. I think this is secret shit time again. River gets really mad if you spoil his secret shit. Keep within comfortable running distance, but don't come much closer than that. If I need backup, I'll call you up.>

Observe carefully. How shady does this bidness look?

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4907 on: September 01, 2015, 09:49:32 am »

<I can keep a secret.>
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4908 on: September 01, 2015, 10:35:31 am »

John turned to look at George.  "Speaking of socializing, don't think I've seen you around here.  I'm John.  I've been here long enough to know that you'll be okay as long as you don't take things too seriously."
"So, you're John, huh?  My name is George.  I'm new here."

While I wait for something to happen, close my eyes and wish for the ability to play Tetris in my mind while my eyes are closed.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 10:40:29 am by Megggas »
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4909 on: September 01, 2015, 01:41:36 pm »

<Oh fine.>

Go hide somewhere not too far away.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4910 on: September 01, 2015, 02:53:34 pm »

<I can keep a secret.>

<I'm sure you can. But despite how much either you or I don't give a shit, River sure does. And there's only so many people that can collectively keep a secret. Four would definitely be pushing it in a big way.>

<Oh fine.>

<Good man. I'll fill you in on the most relevant details later.>

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #4911 on: September 02, 2015, 03:48:21 am »

Auto me to be useful until I get back later to catch up and post. :-\

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #4912 on: September 02, 2015, 04:06:35 am »

John turned to look at George.  "Speaking of socializing, don't think I've seen you around here.  I'm John.  I've been here long enough to know that you'll be okay as long as you don't take things too seriously."
"So, you're John, huh?  My name is George.  I'm new here."

While I wait for something to happen, close my eyes and wish for the ability to play Tetris in my mind while my eyes are closed.
You play some tetris.
Even your imagination hates you, it seems.

Summon a megaphone for Alan

"Somehow that doesn't surprise me, though it'd be interesting to see in action, undoubtedly.  How often do these entity fights occur, compared to the other missions done around here?  Who usually wins?"
"Oh, not too often. They're a way to earn bragging rights and have fun at the expense of each other and all involved. 'My player is better than your player, my entity is better than your entity, my avatar killed your player, etc.' You get where I'm going with this.
And it's also a way for us to see how good you are in a variety of things, similar to your fight with the BETA. Can you fight well, can you work together, all those things.
Plus, you get to know guys like me better and we get to show off. Is there anything better than that?"

"I think we'll be going with an easy one this time. No need to kill you too much. Hey, if you're lucky, you might even survive this one! Although I bet that with your luck, a bolt of lightning or something will fall the moment the mission is about to end and kill you anyway."

He nods, then starts to get up, "It has been such a blast speaking to you, I must say, but I feel I don't have any more questions for the time being, I shall be off, to meet my team."
Before leaving, he tugs on his clothes, as if to see that they still exist, and intently stares at his hand for a moment, before shaking himself off and going through the left door.
Time to meet the team.
:Very well. Farewell. I will be in touch.:
With that, you open the door and end up... in a wooden hallway. Huh. Okay.
You follow the hallway until you make your way downstairs into some sort of bar or inn, where a bunch of fungi-men are tuning their instruments. Ok, moving right along.
You make your way outside to some sort of plaza where all sorts of bizarre people are hanging around. You guess this is it.

((I've never played SS13 but I feel I'd be at home there.))

Alan decides that enough is enough and he has to break out the big guns.

"I apologize in advance for the damage I'm about to cause to everyone in the vicinity.

Ahem.

TRAILER FOR SALE OR RENT, ROOMS TO LET, FIFTY CENTS
NO PHONE, NO POOL, NO PETS, I AIN'T GOT NO CIGARETTES
AH BUT, TWO HOURS OF PUSHIN' BROOM
BUYS A MAN AN EIGHT BY TWELVE FOUR-BIT ROOM
I'M A MAN OF MEANS BY NO MEANS, KING OF THE ROAD!

THIRD BOXCAR, MIDNIGHT TRAIN, DESTINATION BANGOR, MAINE
OLD WORN-OUT CLOTHES AND SHOES
I AIN'T PAY NO UNION DUES
I SMOKE OLD STOGIES I HAVE FOUND SHORT, BUT NOT TOO BIG AROUND
I'M A MAN OF MEANS BY NO MEANS, KING OF THE ROAD!

I KNOW EVERY ENGINEER ON EVERY TRAIN
ALL OF THEIR CHILDREN, AND ALL OF THEIR NAMES
AND EVERY HANDOUT IN EVERY TOWN
AND EVERY LOCK THAT AINT' LOCKED, WHEN NO ONE'S AROUND!"

Repeat until someone shuts me up.
((I think one of the miscreant objectives is "Pick a random object. Steal every such object, hold it hostage and make crazy demands." Don't remember the exact words, haven't played for a long time.))

Somewhere nearby, people look around with scared and confused expressions as the ground shudders.
"There is a fell voice in the air."

To Nikolai: <Ooh, you better skedaddle. I think this is secret shit time again. River gets really mad if you spoil his secret shit. Keep within comfortable running distance, but don't come much closer than that. If I need backup, I'll call you up.>

Observe carefully. How shady does this bidness look?
Judging from the fact that everything around them looks darker for some reason, you'd say this bidness is quite shady.
Oh, wait, it's starting to become normal again.

There is a thud from the room Nikolai went, followed by an "Ouch!"

"I'm OK! I'm OK."

<Oh fine.>

Go hide somewhere not too far away.
You leave them to their shady business.

And then fall down to the floor as you attempt to find a good place to hide as the ground shudders. Ouch.
It's strange, but you somehow feel Alan is responsible. It's almost as if you can hear his voice.

I close my eyes and gently lean back against the wall / River's arm, controlling where I'll fall if I lose consciousness so as to not hurt either of us or break the link.
and I wait.
You feel a tingling sensation where your lost links are. A while later, the feeling is replaced by a warmth, a pleasant warmth that spreads inside you, a feeling that you are not alone, a familiar presence by your side.
You don't know how long it takes, but eventually the effect starts to recede.
<The others are here. I am going to have to stop.>
You feel the cold and the feeling of unease receding, but the link, the warmth, that stays.
<This message can only be heard by you. My restraints will hold for an hour. Two at most. Enough time for you to get used to it and for the link to finish forming. After that, it will only be your soul, your magic holding him. Do not let him take control of your body or use his magic through you. Even if he promises you power. Do not let him access your communication wire directly. Do not let your guard down because he acts friendly. He is weak in this state, but he is more skilled than you in some matters. This can make him dangerous. If there is a problem and I am not nearby, focus your willpower. Try to use your magic. If all else fails, you can focus your willpower on releasing your link. That is my advise, not orders. But I hope you will follow it.>
You still feel uneasy and a bit weak, but it's more of a residual effect, something that will probably get weaker over time.
River relaxes his grip, allowing you to leave if you want to, but does not let go completely.

Auto me to be useful until I get back later to catch up and post. :-\
You enjoy (or "enjoy") Alan's performance of (what I think is) country songs.

I'm sure either I or Lenglon will be able to handle anything that requires immediate action.
But I, personally, am not that comfortable making possibly important choices for others, so I can't promise you more than that.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 04:09:34 am by Parisbre56 »

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #4913 on: September 02, 2015, 05:25:10 am »

Adam sighs, he can already feel this situation is not going to stay sane for very long, he already suspected it, but the Fungimen clinched it." *Ahem* Hello Sirs and Madams! How are you today? It seems I shall now be your partner in future endeavours, I must say I am very excited to get to know all of you!"
His transformation was stunning, he barely looked like a business man anymore, more like an enthusiastic butler now.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #4914 on: September 02, 2015, 05:53:58 am »

Alan abruptly pauses and tilts his head to better listen to the acoustics of suffering he has inflicted upon this plane of existence.

"This needs poking."

Summon either a megaphone or a big speaker hooked up to a microphone.

((PREPARE TO BLEEEEEEED

And the lyrics I posted are from an actual song yeah))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4915 on: September 02, 2015, 09:05:48 am »

I remain in River's arms
<D would hurt me?>
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #4916 on: September 02, 2015, 09:17:37 am »

I remain in River's arms
<D would hurt me?>
<Maybe. Maybe not on purpose.
I want to help him. But I do not understand him. And I do not know what will happen in the future.
I felt informing you about this was the right thing to do.
If you are worried, then I can work on stronger defences when I have time and energy.>

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4917 on: September 02, 2015, 09:42:53 am »

Campaign, Ike!

To Irine, presumably privately: <Status report?>

To Nikolai, also privately: <Try to make a little less noise, will ya?>

Continue observing.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4918 on: September 02, 2015, 10:30:41 am »

"I-I'm okay Ike, just... just give me a bit."
I open my eyes and look around, letting myself settle before moving.
clarity edit: this line is to River -<Thank you. I think I'll be okay. But if I get at all worried, I'll talk to you about it.>
once I see Ike, I look up at him.
"River and I managed to talk things out. And he answered some questions of mine about our mission. Sent me some raw data about the Severer. I'll try to put it into words for everyone once I've had some time to organize myself."
((Do I still feel D through my links? all, many, or just one? or is it a different feeling?))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4919 on: September 02, 2015, 11:05:44 am »

"I-I'm okay Ike, just... just give me a bit."
I open my eyes and look around, letting myself settle before moving.
clarity edit: this line is to River -<Thank you. I think I'll be okay. But if I get at all worried, I'll talk to you about it.>
once I see Ike, I look up at him.
"River and I managed to talk things out. And he answered some questions of mine about our mission. Sent me some raw data about the Severer. I'll try to put it into words for everyone once I've had some time to organize myself."
((Do I still feel D through my links? all, many, or just one? or is it a different feeling?))

<Sounds useful. Keep healthy and keep me posted.>
Pages: 1 ... 326 327 [328] 329 330 ... 521