Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 317 318 [319] 320 321 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1127653 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Everybody Lies
« Reply #4770 on: August 24, 2015, 02:56:01 pm »

"Hmm. That's probably unsafe. That or the floor above me turned into a trampoline. In which case that's awesome.
Hmmmmmmmmmm"

Summon a sturdy table with really thick and unlikely to break legs that I can fit under.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2015, 08:04:03 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4771 on: August 24, 2015, 03:05:04 pm »

Let's go with just the floor. Try to get to safety first, only tsar the floor if it is being an immediate danger.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #4772 on: August 24, 2015, 04:04:53 pm »

Let's go with just the floor. Try to get to safety first, only tsar the floor if it is being an immediate danger.
Do you count being on a floor that might collapse if you strain it too much while leaving "being in an immediate danger"?

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4773 on: August 24, 2015, 04:08:23 pm »

Weakneses?

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4774 on: August 24, 2015, 04:22:18 pm »

Do you count being on a floor that might collapse if you strain it too much while leaving "being in an immediate danger"?
No, only as a reaction if it actually begins to collapse under me.

Changed action:
Tsar repair the entire building and walk out calmly. Why not.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2015, 10:26:40 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4775 on: August 24, 2015, 05:03:43 pm »

Team A

Retract anchors, redeploy anchors. Do so repeatedly if I can until I hit something. Or until they are deployed in way that makes it hard to get to me from the inner edge of my effect radius. Keep charging. Hope some effects start manifesting.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2015, 05:05:19 pm by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4776 on: August 24, 2015, 07:58:42 pm »

@ only fear - actually right now River has Irine scared. He literally grabbed her for a reason she (and I actually) still doesn't understand, picked her up, flat ignored all her efforts at self-defense, kidnapped her, and started to eat her alive. She knows he's allied, but he's also frankly terrifying.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #4777 on: August 24, 2015, 08:04:27 pm »

((Edited action slightly to be more Alan-oriented))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #4778 on: August 25, 2015, 08:35:40 am »

Team B: H4zardZ1, Wolfkit, Illgeo
"Nope!"
Grab the hand and swing 'em like crazy
You swing one of the mannequins and slam it on another, but two more immediately attack you.
The first raises its hand for a rapid downward strike. You manage to raise your arm and block the attack, but the damn thing is too strong, pushing you off balance. And straight onto the blade of the second. The knife strikes you from behind, somewhere close to your kidneys before shoving you forward and onto the floor.

Team B

Continue lasering off arms, try to disable some of the ones harassing (H4zard) if I get the chance.
All you manage to do is emit a flash of light before you have to dodge the mannequins coming out of the door. Strangely, the things appear to be much less accurate with you. You don't even have to move to evade their slashes. It's like they are just slashing around blindly. You don't know if it's because of your flash of light or because of something else.

Weakneses?
Hmmm... If those things are remote controlled and not really intelligent... Then whoever is controlling them must have a way of seeing what they're doing... Perhaps a quick way to render them harmless would be to blind whatever that thing is. Assuming it's not magical. And.. What's the place a human would be least likely to search for a hidden camera or similar? The place providing the best view with minimal exposure... Even if you can't figure it out, merely smashing the lights might work.

Team C: akkudakku, FallacyOfUrist, mydjet
"Oh come on? You aren't going to fight me fairly? At least put me down so we can punch each other to smithereens!"

If he refuses to put me down, start breaking his fingers one by one. If he puts me down, charge him and hit his leg using Dwarven Leverage.
The creature uses its free hand to scratch its head for a few seconds. It grunts and then sets you down.
You immedietly charge at the giant. He looks surprised by the ferocity of your onslaught.
The superpowered strike sends him flying backwards, through the wall and into a metal wall rack filled with glass tubes of various colours.
The impact pushes him partially into the wall, severely damaging the machine behind his back and the coils on his shoulders, in an explosion of sparks. Furthermore, whatever was into those vials causes a strange reaction with his skin, causing strange purple pustules to appear on one of his arms while the other turns pink and mushy looking, while his torso gains a slight green glow.

The room you're in appears to be some sort of storage/experiment area or prison. There's racks with various machinery or vials, most of them secured on the walls in sturdy looking containers as well as various beds, chains, robotic claws and restraining devices, some of them too large to fit a human. There's also part of the room from where you assume you were supposed to enter, a wooden door with nothing near it except a rather comical cage suspended above it by cables and wires.

"Gah, not again! Stop damaging my lab you imbeciles!" the short guy calls out from behind a thick-looking glass window, inside a structure that looks more like an airlock or some sort of metal bunker with two gigantic Tesla coils above it, crackling with electricity.
"You! Short guy!"
Is he talking to you? You assume he is, since he's pointing at you. How can someone shorter than you dare call you short?
"Stop moving so that my brilliant plan can work! And you! Crush him! Crush him now!" he shouts, his face red with anger, almost jumping up and down near the end.

Team A: DreamerGhost, Beirus, Alarith
Team A
Keep heading towards the next room, and see if anything changes with the psychic energies.
Well, the void has started moving towards you again. And your teammate overtakes you as he starts running away.

<Team A, Svajoklis>

Okay then. Let's move in the general direction of "away".
Go to the other room, reload as I go. Open the door and shoot once if the room is not illuminated. Use the explosion flash to inspect the room.
You start running through the hallway leading to the other room, reloading as you go, overtaking Bryan who is carefully walking through the hallway. In the dim light coming from behind you, you spot some sort of tripwire there. It's not connected to anything though, merely there to cause you to trip. Now that you know it's there, you easily avoid tripping on it.

From the looks of it, the room at the end of the hallway is like a waiting area. A couch at the end of a downward stairway, facing a coffee table and the wooden door behind it. It would  There's also a door made out of metal bars, leading into a narrow stone hallway.

Team A

Retract anchors, redeploy anchors. Do so repeatedly if I can until I hit something. Or until they are deployed in way that makes it hard to get to me from the inner edge of my effect radius. Keep charging. Hope some effects start manifesting.
The lights come back on in the room and you start charging normally again.

You inspect yourself. You're not looking very healthy. You're still charging normally and don't appear to be leaking anything dangerous, but there's definitely large parts of you missing and you can see the points where the bullets went in your body. There's blood everywhere, but you can't tell if it's from your transformation or not. You don't know how healthy that would be if you ever went back to human...

You've got a nice little web around you. As long as something doesn't materialise inside it, you should be fine.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4779 on: August 25, 2015, 09:20:50 am »

Team C: Kosak

"Wait a minute, you're a smart guy, aren't you? Smart guys are always more dangerous! Eat this!"

Kosak grabs something large and metal and chucks it at the glass window.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4780 on: August 25, 2015, 10:07:13 am »

Continue freeing Alan. The man needs assistance!

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4781 on: August 25, 2015, 03:37:23 pm »

<Team A, Svajoklis>
Bryan, watch out for the tripwire.
Warn Bryan of the tripwire. Have a look at what is behind the woden door.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #4782 on: August 25, 2015, 05:45:14 pm »

Campaign

"Hmm. That's probably unsafe. That or the floor above me turned into a trampoline. In which case that's awesome.
Hmmmmmmmmmm"

Summon a sturdy table with really thick and unlikely to break legs that I can fit under.
You summon a table made out of thick and heavy wood directly above you. As it slams down around you, you duck and cover underneath it like a turtle made of wood and fat. A few seconds later, you realise the problem is that said table is more like a box with its lid off, leaving you with no way out.

"It's like everything I do goes horribly right!"

No, only as a reaction if it actually begins to collapse under me.

Changed action:
Tsar repair the entire building and walk out calmly. Why not.
You feel the building shudder as it slowly starts becoming bigger, expanding outwards and upwards, purple and green magical lines dancing across its walls. It lasts for a couple of seconds and the building doesn't get too large or change significantly, but it's enough to make the floor more stable.

You slowly get up and make your way outside. You feel a bit of pain on the back of your head. You instinctively look behind you, where you see your unconscious body lying on its back next to the door.
Oh right. You're supposed to be unconscious.
*blacks out*

Continue freeing Alan. The man needs assistance!
You make your way through the couches, but there's no sign of Alan.
Oh no! He disappeared too! This basement eats people! Or maybe it was River and he-
Oh, wait, that's his scent. He just hides in thick wooden bawkses. Should had expected it, after the thing in the relay world that almost got him killed.

Everyone
Okay, let's assume everyone (mostly Alan) managed to extract themselves from their overshoot induced predicaments to save time. Plus, I'd prefer it if you didn't kill each other. Makes it more fun when I kill you.

You're all awake and well... Well, not well, but you know, good enough. Irine has very weak but working arms/front legs, Alan's stomach feels like it's trying to leave his body, Nikolai has a bit of a headache, Ike and Zechariah are still a bit sore from last night... Only one who is mostly fine is Theri, now that I think about it.

So, what do you say or do?

OOC
@Lenglon: I can respond to your statements if you want, but I don't want to spend my time arguing. Just give me a good definition about what you think "zero momentum" should be and I'll see what I can do.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4783 on: August 25, 2015, 07:01:22 pm »

@zero - relative to nearest planetary body + no momentum reset in case of no planetary bodies in range okay? or just eff it and go with the "just be reasonable" rule of thumb? or no reset at all and possibility of wall passthrough being a thing? I agree with no arguing, don't want to be a bother, and each of those work with me. Heck, now that i've been thinking on it, the wall passthrough thing would be really cool, I've got this mental image of what it would look like now, and it's kinda awesome. I just need to be careful doing it so that I'll have fire on the receiving end.
have I seen River? Or heard him? Is he hiding inside me?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4784 on: August 25, 2015, 07:36:08 pm »

((Maybe you have to roll for the passthrough, and you splat on the front side if you fail?  I dunno.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 317 318 [319] 320 321 ... 521