Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 313 314 [315] 316 317 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1127813 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Special People: Everybody Lies
« Reply #4710 on: August 20, 2015, 08:36:06 am »

"Well! Shall we set off on a merry chase after a man properly pushed, lads?"

Set off on a merry chase after our good pal River. Then stab him decisively.
You run downstairs after River and-...
That's strange. There's nobody here. Just an empty storage room. You can't see very well in the darkness, your eyes have not completely adjusted yet, but your ears and nose are telling you that River and Irine just sort of disappeared when they reached the end of the stairs.

<It didn't used to be!>
I resend him my memories of my friends from home.
<I don't want to hurt others!>
I send him my memories of my first host's death, and what I went through to bring her back.
<You tricked me! You're hurting me! You're threatening all of us! I thought you wanted companions!>
I send him what it felt like when he was killing me before, and just now when he was doing it again.
<I trusted you!>
I send him my memory of lying down beside him, confessing my fears and telling him more about me than anyone but Stellar had been privlaged to know, and how it felt with him being there, so much bigger and older than me, listening patiently without judgement.
<You said before, when you tried to hurt my friend River, that if I thought I had no choice, that I could tell them what we saw!>
I send him my memory of when he said exactly that, back in the tower.
<You didn't even remember it! I think it's really, really important, and that it probably means that this entire mission is a trap, but you didn't even remember it!>
I send him my memory of just moments ago, when he said that he no secrets from us.
<I'm trying to protect OUR companions! I might be doing it the wrong way but that's because I don't understand what's going on and you won't tell any of us!>
I send him my memory of back at the relay, when I saw him touch the rods and begin to burn himself, and then stepping up to do what I could to help, despite how nervous he made me.
<I want to protect you River.>
I send him my memory of playing tag with him.
<I want to be your friend.>
I send him my memory of showing Theri how the staging area works, and rescuing Ike from the wraith, and burning the parasites off our companions.
<I thought that we were going to look out for each other.>
I send him my memory of him asking us to be his companions.
<Was being your companion nothing but a lie?>

((note: I have more, but since it involves a shift in tone I'd like to hear River's response to this part. however with the pressure I'm under, if he takes signifigant time or doesn't lift off the pressure, then I'm probably going to interrupt him.))

I will NOT quietly go into the dark. I continue to reinforce my self of self, and to shove River's presence away from me.
He responds in anger, mentally shouting back at you, the pressure on you increasing.
<You my friend?! You trust me?! Protect me?! I lied?! YOU are the one that lied! YOU are the one that turned against me! I asked something from you and you did not trust me! I tried to help all of you and yet you still do not trust me! You twisted my words! You hurt me! You all turned against me! Even Ike! The one I trusted the most with this. You never trusted me! Not in the tower! Not here! Not ever! YOU are the liar! Do you know how much you make me want to snap your neck in half right now and get this over with?!>
As he speaks, he slows down and then stops. The light keeps slowly being burnt off the world around you, more slowly than before, turning everything into darkness. A shadow dims the light coming from behind him for a few seconds. There is the sound of muted clicks and thumps.
He continues talking more calmly as he turns his head to focus on a patch of darkness on the ceiling behind him.
<Sometimes we have no choice. We have to hurt those we care about to protect them. You are the one that said that. That is what I did. That is what I am doing. I am protecting those I care about. I thought you would trust me to do that.>
« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 08:37:44 am by Parisbre56 »

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4711 on: August 20, 2015, 08:43:44 am »

Team A
"Well, looks like this is going about as well as any other mission I've seen."
Keep moving towards the next room, check for other presences, and check the hallway for traps.
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4712 on: August 20, 2015, 09:13:24 am »

"Bloody sorcerers. Well, guess Irine's toast. We tried, right?"

"Now then, Plan B I suppose would be something something, murder River before he murders us. Unless he's willing to see reason, of course."

Poke at the fabric of spacetime, stab about. Maybe I can find wherever he's curled up in.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4713 on: August 20, 2015, 10:07:52 am »

<We're afraid something has damaged your mind River! Something like the Ashwraith! Look at what you're doing! You're lying to Theri, hiding things from all of us, and TRYING TO EAT YOUR COMPANIONS ALIVE! Ike and the others are just trying to protect their companions, just like you'd want them to. I was asking you about something that only the real you would know. River, my companion, please save me from the monster trying to kidnap me and eat me alive!>
I CANNOT let him consume me. I need to keep fighting off his will, shoving it away. I need to banish the darkness, and summon my flame beside us.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #4714 on: August 20, 2015, 12:41:15 pm »

Alan begins excitedly singing the Scooby-Doo theme song as he wumbles after Ike.

Obtain an oversized bag of dog treats and throw them all over the interior of the basement.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4715 on: August 20, 2015, 01:29:01 pm »

"Yep, murder River when he returns unless he does some really damn good explaining."
« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 01:34:41 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4716 on: August 20, 2015, 01:39:11 pm »

Team A

Keep charging.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4717 on: August 20, 2015, 02:32:07 pm »

Zechariah was frustrated that he wasn't able to persuade River, but he seemed like he went feral. What the hell had happened that struck so much of a nerve with River?

"No, we can't kill him. We don't know what happens if we do. What if we can't find a way back? We'll be stuck here forever.

Besides, if this fugitive is as powerful as River said, we won't stand a chance by ourselves. I also don't want to instigate this anymore. We don't need more fighting. I'm all for stunning or disabling River, but not killing him. We just can't."

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #4718 on: August 20, 2015, 03:28:21 pm »

Team A
<Team A, Svajoklis>
Use gun on the known creep that is conveniently trapped. In case it turns out to be immune to bullets(I hit for 0 damage), go to the room at the end of the coridoor.
You rapidly empty your clip on the thing, but only two of the bullets hit the target, going through their chest, the rest hitting that strange fleshy structure holding it in place. Your bullets are definitely hurting it and it's bleeding a lot. But then your flashlight goes out and the only thing that's left in your sight is the glowing barrel of your gun.

Team A

Keep charging.
You keep trying to charge, even as parts of your body are sliced and shot into pieces by the screeching creature near you and your teammate respectively. And then your teammate's light goes out and you stop feeling the thing on your anchors.

Team A
"Well, looks like this is going about as well as any other mission I've seen."
Keep moving towards the next room, check for other presences, and check the hallway for traps.
You walk out of the room as the gunshots start. The hallway looks okay, so you slowly start walking forward. Nothing jumps out to kill you... yet. ((Your team is still in combat time, so it might take a while.)))

You don't feel anything nearby. Just this strange presence, psychic energy coming from everything around you like background noise. You can tell it's there, but you can't pick up any distinct feelings on it.

Team B
Beat the thumping sound to a pulp! Or if I can't do that, go through the crack in the wall and beat up everything there into a pulp.
The wall bursts open with a loud thud, sending bricks flying everywhere. Standing your ground was a poor choice in retrospect, given that many of those are headed for you. You somehow manage to avoid the rain of stone that ensues, but not the hands coming through it. You are grabbed by a gigantic human (even more gigantic than how humans usually look to you) who you assume to be the owner of the hand you defeated earlier based on his skin colour. He is incredibly muscular and incredibly wide, his body almost forming a square.
Parts of his body have pieces of metal sticking out of them. There are large tower-like copper coils rising out of his shoulders and hints of more machinery on the back of his body and head. There's also something on the top of his head, like a cable with a dial attached.
"Now you've done it!" you hear a voice from somewhere behind the brute.
The giant human is starting to squeeze...

Campaign

Alan begins excitedly singing the Scooby-Doo theme song as he wumbles after Ike.

Obtain an oversized bag of dog treats and throw them all over the interior of the basement.
You point your hand forward and make a machine-gun sound with your mouth as you start firing a torrent of dog treats while running down the stairs.

"Bloody sorcerers. Well, guess Irine's toast. We tried, right?"

"Now then, Plan B I suppose would be something something, murder River before he murders us. Unless he's willing to see reason, of course."

Poke at the fabric of spacetime, stab about. Maybe I can find wherever he's curled up in.
You start randomly slashing and poking around the basement. You don't feel like you hit anything.

You hear a sound from the wall on your left, but there's nothing there.
You also notice that you have the scent of Irine's blood on your sword, but it's very faint.
<We're afraid something has damaged your mind River! Something like the Ashwraith! Look at what you're doing! You're lying to Theri, hiding things from all of us, and TRYING TO EAT YOUR COMPANIONS ALIVE! Ike and the others are just trying to protect their companions, just like you'd want them to. I was asking you about something that only the real you would know. River, my companion, please save me from the monster trying to kidnap me and eat me alive!>
I CANNOT let him consume me. I need to keep fighting off his will, shoving it away. I need to banish the darkness, and summon my flame beside us.
<That?! That is what you think? You->
You focus on using your ability, on generating fire. You encounter some sort of barrier. It feels weak, but so are you. You almost manage to break through, but your efforts are quashed a moment later.
River continues, sounding less angry now.
<I never hid it from Theri. I merely found no reason to tell her. Or you. Not all of you. Ike knows. I told him he could tell you if he trusted you. That is why I thought he would support me. Let me talk to you in private. Instead, he chose to attack me. And now he hunts me. Unless... Hm, I will deal with him next.>
As if on cue, Ike walks into the room and starts randomly slashing around. River makes no effort to look at him or move, his head remaining still and focused on the ceiling. One of Ike's slashes strikes one of your tails, bouncing off it and barely missing River. Despite the small wound, you don't feel pain.
<I have never lied to you. Whenever there was something I could not speak about, I told you so. Maybe you are right. Maybe my mind is hurt and confused. But I trust my desire to protect those I care about. I trust my instincts, my feelings. And they are telling me this is the right thing to do. Stop being afraid and trust me.>
The lights are spreading much faster now. They've almost consumed half the world and they are not dying down.
<Even if you do not trust me, use your mind. Do you think that if I wanted to kill you and silence you, I would had chosen this way to do it? If you are telling the truth about why you are doing this, then you will know that. So stop resisting before we both die.>
Some sort of projectiles are coming down the stairs, breaking apart into fragments as they hit the ground, barely visible in the blur of bright light. Even in the slowed down time of... whatever this thing is called, they are moving quite fast.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4719 on: August 20, 2015, 03:44:47 pm »

Do a bit of a stab at the wall to my left. Experimental-like. Try to recall what movement I made to get some blood on there, repeat once more with feeling!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #4720 on: August 20, 2015, 03:48:17 pm »

Keep firing those doggy treats! Rover will soon be unable to resist.

To be specific, plant myself at the foot of the stairs and sweep the room left to right, machine gun turret style.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 01:21:54 am by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4721 on: August 20, 2015, 04:04:09 pm »

How far can my techno-modification go?  Summon a grenade and try to turn it into a computer.  Use my current statline.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4722 on: August 20, 2015, 04:13:33 pm »

They won't listen to me, Zechariah thought to himself. I can't let River or Irine be harmed.

Summon the Shadows and spread them out, across the basement, using them as a probe for River and Irine in whatever dimension or cubby hole they vanished to. If I find them, use the Shadows to choke out River to diminish his powers. Attempt to separate him and Irine, too.

"Ike, don't hurt them. Don't hurt either one of them!"

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4723 on: August 20, 2015, 05:19:17 pm »

"Oh come on? You aren't going to fight me fairly? At least put me down so we can punch each other to smithereens!"

If he refuses to put me down, start breaking his fingers one by one. If he puts me down, charge him and hit his leg using Dwarven Leverage.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4724 on: August 20, 2015, 05:53:15 pm »

<Team A, Svajoklis>

Okay then. Let's move in the general direction of "away".
Go to the other room, reload as I go. Open the door and shoot once if the room is not illuminated. Use the explosion flash to inspect the room.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.
Pages: 1 ... 313 314 [315] 316 317 ... 521