Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 312 313 [314] 315 316 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1127836 times)

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Everybody Lies
« Reply #4695 on: August 19, 2015, 04:19:03 pm »

"River, listen." He was under pressure from the fight that was about to start if River continued to instigate the others. He didn't have time to make a full speech about goodness and light and all that junk. He had to be fast. Well, at least as fast as the situation would provide for.

"You told me before that you despised the humans. You told us that they were fearful, and that they wanted to hurt us. I am telling you now that if you continue to hurt Irine, you are nothing more than those same humans. I don't see you as a hypocrite, River. You know better than all of us. Don't fall to your basic instincts." Finally, one last thing.

"We don't want to fight. Just let Irine free. We all want to work together toward the same goal. If you hurt Irine, you'll lose any sort of friendship gained. You wanted us to be free to relax and enjoy ourselves?" Zechariah shakes his head.

"Don't cause the pain, help us to relieve it. Just let her go, please."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4696 on: August 19, 2015, 04:22:27 pm »

"River, listen." He was under pressure from the fight that was about to start if River continued to instigate the others. He didn't have time to make a full speech about goodness and light and all that junk. He had to be fast. Well, at least as fast as the situation would provide for.

"You told me before that you despised the humans. You told us that they were fearful, and that they wanted to hurt us. I am telling you now that if you continue to hurt Irine, you are nothing more than those same humans. I don't see you as a hypocrite, River. You know better than all of us. Don't fall to your basic instincts." Finally, one last thing.

"We don't want to fight. Just let Irine free. We all want to work together toward the same goal. If you hurt Irine, you'll lose any sort of friendship gained. You wanted us to be free to relax and enjoy ourselves?" Zechariah shakes his head.

"Don't cause the pain, help us to relieve it. Just let her go, please."

"He might be a little past diplomacy's reach, friend."

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4697 on: August 19, 2015, 04:42:30 pm »

"He might be a little past diplomacy's reach, friend."

Zechariah shakes his head once again. "No, he's not. I don't believe it. He still has compassion."

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4698 on: August 19, 2015, 04:48:28 pm »

"Eh you! 'Eady for rund 2?"

Rush forward like a ram, and punch this guy in the face.

@Toaster
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 05:02:14 pm by Salsacookies »
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4699 on: August 19, 2015, 05:49:22 pm »

<Let me go! I don't want to be eaten!>
I squirm and attempt to wiggle free of River, but I also redirect the flames away, just blocking him from exiting the area where others can watch him.
<River, you're hurting me! Stop!>
<Ike, Alan, wait! Give River a chance to talk! Don't attack him, please! Just keep him from taking me away to eat me!>
privately to River alone:<River, in this form I can talk privately. Why did you hurt me? Why are you kidnapping me? I'm scared River. Please. talk. You're acting like you want to eat me!>
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 06:05:00 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #4700 on: August 19, 2015, 05:52:08 pm »

making a major edit to my action and speech, because upon a re-read I realized I'd missed a couple very important details.
I'm going to sleep. You have at least 6 hours, probably closer to 10-12. Take your time.

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4701 on: August 19, 2015, 06:02:47 pm »

((Your question is the answer. If you need to know more, then you already know what you need.
Man, I shouldn't had started reading the Unix Koans.))

You grab the man's rod and he uses it to pull you up towards the bridge.

"Nah, don't mention it." the man says as he pulls you over the railing and onto the bridge.
"Besides, if you stayed in there, you'd have scared all my fish away!" he adds jokingly as he wipes the water on his shirt.

"As for aliens... Yes, I suppose one could call them that."
"Aliens?!" the crow caws in surprise, grabs the fish with its legs  and gets ready to fly while quickly looking around.
"Are they here to take our fish?" it adds.
"Hehe, no, I think not. Our women, probably." the man continues to joke.
"Anyway, you can follow me to town if you want. We can get you a room and you can meet the others. I'll explain on the way."
George's left eye starts twitching as he watches the crow speak, and he lets out a small nervous laugh at the man's joke.  George responds to the man:
"Er...Yes, that sounds...great.  Yes, please explain everything to me.  Also, what's your name?"

To the crow, George says, while staring:
"Hello....crow.  What's your name?  Do you happen to know a certain girl named Alice?  I believe she's good friends with the White Rabbit."

(xGeorge'sPsychex)
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4702 on: August 19, 2015, 06:05:20 pm »

making a major edit to my action and speech, because upon a re-read I realized I'd missed a couple very important details.
I'm going to sleep. You have at least 6 hours, probably closer to 10-12. Take your time.
edit complete
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4703 on: August 19, 2015, 07:56:04 pm »

Quote from: Parisbre56
Upgrade tree links.

((Was I suposed to get one or do those only arrive after I get at least some upgrade points?))
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4704 on: August 19, 2015, 08:19:30 pm »

Quote from: Parisbre56
Upgrade tree links.

((Was I suposed to get one or do those only arrive after I get at least some upgrade points?))
((You'll get one once you get some points.))
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Wolfkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4705 on: August 19, 2015, 10:26:53 pm »

Team B

Continue lasering off arms, try to disable some of the ones harassing (H4zard) if I get the chance.
You wanna frisk this guy? This guy with the technicolor wonder limbs? The limbs that could probably slap you on several different levels of reality?
Your tabs are just pure chaos, Wolfkit.
Sig

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #4706 on: August 20, 2015, 04:19:13 am »

"Nope!"
Grab the hand and swing 'em like crazy
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #4707 on: August 20, 2015, 05:45:23 am »

Campaign

"So this is how it is? Surrender now or die fucker!"

We're in a bar. Gotta do this bar fight style. If River doesn't immediately surrender smash a giant tsar chair over his head.

Tsar my shield and block if I'm going to be hit with any attacks I can't dodge.

You start running for one of the few chairs in the room.
"Oh, are we being violent now? I can do that."

Alan begins waving his hands around erratically, eventually pushing them both out in front of him, middle fingers extended.

"ALAN NO JUTSU! Excessively Large Dishwasher Greeting!"

Alan's never watched Naruto, but he's heard of it a little.

I believe it's time for Mr. Unnaturally Large Dishwasher to make an introduction to River's face.
"Dude, you're acting kinda crazy. I hope you don't take this too personally."

Dodge sideways, go on the defensive for the moment.
You lower your stance and prepare to dodge.
<Let me go! I don't want to be eaten!>
I squirm and attempt to wiggle free of River, but I also redirect the flames away, just blocking him from exiting the area where others can watch him.
<River, you're hurting me! Stop!>
<Ike, Alan, wait! Give River a chance to talk! Don't attack him, please! Just keep him from taking me away to eat me!>
privately to River alone:<River, in this form I can talk privately. Why did you hurt me? Why are you kidnapping me? I'm scared River. Please. talk. You're acting like you want to eat me!>
River jumps towards Ike, at the same time grabbing Irine from the back of her neck with his mouth, thus freeing his hands and allowing him to raise them for a strike. Ike easily jumps out of the way, but River makes no attempt to follow. Instead, he hits the ground running on all fours, heading for the door leading to the downwards stairway. Irine uses what fire exists in the room to try and block it while at the same time continuing her attempts to get free. River jumps towards the nearby wall, wall-jumping off of it to reach the top of the doorway where the fire is thinnest, resulting in little damage to him (compared to how hurt he already is). Irine and River go through the fire and disappear into the darkness below. The firewall disappears a moment later.

Fashionably late, Alan's washing machine smashes on the wall next to the door leading to the stairway several seconds after River and Irine have disappeared. At least he didn't miss. That would had been bad for others in the room. Nikolai is especially aware of that, since the thing whizzed past him just as he was running towards the stairway with a raised chair.

Lenglon
You are in a dark room, some sort of storage area that is mostly empty, save for a table, two chairs and some boxes. Everything looks colourless, as if you're using your night-vision. The doorway you entered through looks like blurry light, too bright to look at. You can feel nothing touching you. Everything is cold. There is a pressure on your entire body and on your mind.

River is still holding you, still running away from the door, but everything is moving slower. Turning your head to look around takes forever.
<You were hurting those I care about. I know you can not help it. It is in your nature to hurt. But I have to stop you. It is in mine.>
Parts of the world around you are starting to disappear, consumed by bright orange lights that leave only darkness behind. It feels like looking at them is causing you pain, as if they are fires that instead of burning the room, they are burning you. And you can't close your eyes.
<Stop resisting. You are incompatible. Do not make this harder.>

((Note: at this state, talking to people other than River requires a roll.))
« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 06:14:13 am by Parisbre56 »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4708 on: August 20, 2015, 06:33:58 am »

"Well! Shall we set off on a merry chase after a man properly pushed, lads?"

Set off on a merry chase after our good pal River. Then stab him decisively.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4709 on: August 20, 2015, 06:42:50 am »

<It didn't used to be!>
I resend him my memories of my friends from home.
<I don't want to hurt others!>
I send him my memories of my first host's death, and what I went through to bring her back.
<You tricked me! You're hurting me! You're threatening all of us! I thought you wanted companions!>
I send him what it felt like when he was killing me before, and just now when he was doing it again.
<I trusted you!>
I send him my memory of lying down beside him, confessing my fears and telling him more about me than anyone but Stellar had been privlaged to know, and how it felt with him being there, so much bigger and older than me, listening patiently without judgement.
<You said before, when you tried to hurt my friend River, that if I thought I had no choice, that I could tell them what we saw!>
I send him my memory of when he said exactly that, back in the tower.
<You didn't even remember it! I think it's really, really important, and that it probably means that this entire mission is a trap, but you didn't even remember it!>
I send him my memory of just moments ago, when he said that he no secrets from us.
<I'm trying to protect OUR companions! I might be doing it the wrong way but that's because I don't understand what's going on and you won't tell any of us!>
I send him my memory of back at the relay, when I saw him touch the rods and begin to burn himself, and then stepping up to do what I could to help, despite how nervous he made me.
<I want to protect you River.>
I send him my memory of playing tag with him.
<I want to be your friend.>
I send him my memory of showing Theri how the staging area works, and rescuing Ike from the wraith, and burning the parasites off our companions.
<I thought that we were going to look out for each other.>
I send him my memory of him asking us to be his companions.
<Was being your companion nothing but a lie?>

((note: I have more, but since it involves a shift in tone I'd like to hear River's response to this part. however with the pressure I'm under, if he takes signifigant time or doesn't lift off the pressure, then I'm probably going to interrupt him.))

I will NOT quietly go into the dark. I continue to reinforce my self of self, and to shove River's presence away from me.
Pages: 1 ... 312 313 [314] 315 316 ... 521