Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 303 304 [305] 306 307 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1124580 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Mission 5 has started
« Reply #4560 on: August 08, 2015, 02:24:05 pm »

((I'm statistically normal-ish, slightly on the small side. so the shirt is quite big on me, going down to my knees then. Also if I were in hybrid form I become even smaller if you exclude the tails, so in that case it would drape over me massively.

Irine doesn't have a sense of modesty, but Lenglon does, and this works out for each of us.

as for D's comments... I'll assume they're OOC so Irine doesn't hear them. but Lenglon does and is giving D a flat look, accompanied with a "Really guy? Really? Is that how we're playing this? Because I can play that game if you want. But I really don't think you want me to do that."))

to Theri:
"You actually are, you just don't know it yet. This place reacts to people's nature and emotions. It's how mages cast their spells here. I don't know the details, but I'm pretty sure that here, magic can be yours. It might be worthwhile to try to tap into something matching your inner nature. River is able to sense people's affinities, you should talk to him about it."
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #4561 on: August 10, 2015, 05:27:04 pm »

Staging Area

<Oh, that's interesting. Did you always have this fatalistic and defeatist attitude and tendency to complain to whoever you meet or is this a recent development? Most test subjects usually put up some sort of fight or try to bargain or even run away.>

George rolled his eyes, and continued speaking out loud to the air.
"Oh well, now that you mention it, Ms. alien therapist, I have been feeling stressed lately.  I think it started after an alien parasite squeezed itself into my skull.  Now, maybe most people can shrug off that kind of thing, but unfortunately I haven't been coping very well.  Knowing there's some kind of gooey creature wrapped around my brain, taking a nap, no less, has left me a wee bit frazzled."

"Seriously though, are we just gonna chit chat or is something supposed to happen?  Who are you, anyway? "

<Oh, I'm sorry, am I boring you? Do you want to leave?> she replies sarcastically and with a hint of annoyance.
<Do you perhaps have anywhere you urgently need to go? If you want to escape, you're free to try, the door is right there.>
Despite there not being a hand pointing at the door, you can't help feeling that there is.

<Because as your self-appointed medical investigator, I think it's only proper for me to take your history before I start digging through your brain, don't you? It's always nice to get to know your test subjects before you vivisect them.>
She has that tone of voice that's telling you she's enjoying telling you this, although you are not certain if she's enjoying this because she is being not serious or because she is.
<Or, you know, at least have some fun. It's amazing what some people can ask for or say when you tell them they've been selected. When they begin realizing what they've gotten themselves into.>

<As for a name, oh, I've had plenty of those. From such flowery titles as 'the Knight of the Wind' (which should really be Dame if we want to use the 'correct' title for a female, but nobody does that) to 'that crazy bitch who talks too much'. But you may call me Aurora. Mistress Aurora if you want to be polite. Or maybe Doctor, Doctor's better than Mistress, sounds more official.>

(well, since I'm out, I'd like to get to know my voice in my head more. Forgot what they're called, but that would be interesting. Who's in the staging area right now, anyway?)
((Only you and John. And Megggas, whose character's name I think is George.

And your entity has never given you a name. I picked the name Jake Boyman, just so that he has a name in the first post. But he's been mostly referred to as Ghost Boy or Strange Voice by players.

I'll get you your upgrades when I have a bit more time to review my notes.))

You wake up.

You are in your personal section of the staging area, a room in the inn whose walls have been painted with various splashes of colours. There's a window outside, showing you the plaza. It looks like its floor has received some damage recently, with rock pieces littered everywhere.

Toaster
You wake up to the sound of soft mellow chords on large strings, a music that threatens to lull you back into unconsciousness.

You are in your personal section of the staging area, the little mansion you claimed for yourself. You are currently laying next to the fireplace of a living room on a comfortable... It's like a mix of a therapist bed and an armchair. A reclining armchair?

Your robotic creation is sitting nearby, playing a harp. You're pretty sure this room (or the entire building for that matter) didn't have a harp before.
She nods to acknowledge the fact that you're awake without stopping her music.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4562 on: August 10, 2015, 05:57:39 pm »

<Svajoklis, Team A>

Stay near the exit and wait for others. See if flashlight from dead guy works any better. If I see something nasty, shoot it. If my two allies start screaming, shoot slightly above the screams.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 07:25:47 am by DreamerGhost »
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4563 on: August 10, 2015, 07:34:28 pm »

John shook his head to get himself back awake. Another mission that ended in pain. He'd have to work on that. At least the music was nice.

"Thanks, Galatea. That's quite lovely; please keep it up. So hey Zero! Requesting evaluation of performance in the last mission.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4564 on: August 10, 2015, 08:08:05 pm »

Staging Area

<Oh, I'm sorry, am I boring you? Do you want to leave?> she replies sarcastically and with a hint of annoyance.
<Do you perhaps have anywhere you urgently need to go? If you want to escape, you're free to try, the door is right there.>
Despite there not being a hand pointing at the door, you can't help feeling that there is.
George facepalms and quietly grumbles to himself:
"She captured me, but now she's telling me to try to escape, which obviously won't work.  Ugh, mixed messages and mind games.  Am I talking to an alien terrorist or my ex-girlfriend?"

<Because as your self-appointed medical investigator, I think it's only proper for me to take your history before I start digging through your brain, don't you? It's always nice to get to know your test subjects before you vivisect them.>
She has that tone of voice that's telling you she's enjoying telling you this, although you are not certain if she's enjoying this because she is being not serious or because she is.
<Or, you know, at least have some fun. It's amazing what some people can ask for or say when you tell them they've been selected. When they begin realizing what they've gotten themselves into.>

<As for a name, oh, I've had plenty of those. From such flowery titles as 'the Knight of the Wind' (which should really be Dame if we want to use the 'correct' title for a female, but nobody does that) to 'that crazy bitch who talks too much'. But you may call me Aurora. Mistress Aurora if you want to be polite. Or maybe Doctor, Doctor's better than Mistress, sounds more official.>
As George's expression changes to a mix of confusion and irritation, he says:
"Ok, Aurora, (not gonna call you a doctor unless I see some certification), I get it.  You want me to ask a bunch of questions so you can gleefully brag about how screwed I am.  Fine, I'll bite.  I'll even take notes."

Take out my imaginary pen and notebook, and mime myself taking notes as Aurora responds.

"Ok, so where am I?  Why am I here?  How are you talking to me?  What have I been selected for?  Who else have you taken hostage?  What's your motive?  How do you plan to kill me?  Did you want this parasite to get in my head, or was that a mistake?  Are you also some kind of brain parasite?  Do you enjoy seeing me suffer?  Is this all just some kind of drug-induced hallucination?  How many licks does it take to get to the Tootsie Roll center of a Tootsie Pop?"
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #4565 on: August 11, 2015, 04:19:32 am »

Campaign

Campaign, Ike!

"I mean, what are we looking for? I don't know much about these entity life cycles. Is the thing we're looking for a nameless horror from the beginning of time or somebody who dropped in? Has it lived here for ten years, a hundred years, or a thousand, or ten thousand? It changes the nature of the clues we are looking for."
"The traitor is a bond-former. One of my kind. Not an entity."
"At least, not the last time I checked. It could had become one in the... two weeks... I think it is three weeks that we are here?"

"But I doubt it. Few would accept one such as it. Few would become one in such a small amount of time."

"It has been here for... maybe a month? Maybe a few days more?"

"I can not know where it might have gone during that time. I want to search the place I know it was. Try to find a trail. Unless I find another sign of its existence along the way."

Campaign: Nikolai

If there's any cooking tools that would make a better weapon than my glass shard take them. And don't suppse I can fashion a shield from the wood?

"Nailboard wasn't good enough for you, Zech?"
You grab a kitchen knife. Always nice to have a backup in case you lose your sword.

You somehow manage to fashion a shield out of pieces of wood and two pot lids. It's small and not very strong, but it's better than nothing. You could wield it with your off hand as a buckler, good for deflecting blows, maybe even stopping weak blows. Or you could try to somehow tie it on your wrist so that your second hand remains free, in case you want to dual wield or go two-handed with your sword.

Idly summon some sunglasses.
You summon some sunglasses and start throwing them to your teammates. You can tell River liked his, because he's smiling at you and growling. Maybe if you keep doing this, he'll come give you a hug?

"Thanks Ike. So how do we find this entity? Any tracks or trails?"

The enormity of the world nudged Theri's thoughts. Connecting the idea of the Staging Grounds and River's make (along with the other entities with him) to the creation or...entry of this world: she wondered how deep the tapestry of reality was woven.

"And...um, can we fight it physically? Since, well, I'm not capable of most powers the rest of you have."

She raised her eyebrows at Irine. Theri had always wanted to try that kind of prowess.
"It is a being of flesh and blood. It can die like any other once you bite its throat off. It may have magic, but not powerful enough to cheat death."

OOC
((I'm statistically normal-ish, slightly on the small side. so the shirt is quite big on me, going down to my knees then. Also if I were in hybrid form I become even smaller if you exclude the tails, so in that case it would drape over me massively.

Irine doesn't have a sense of modesty, but Lenglon does, and this works out for each of us.

as for D's comments... I'll assume they're OOC so Irine doesn't hear them. but Lenglon does and is giving D a flat look, accompanied with a "Really guy? Really? Is that how we're playing this? Because I can play that game if you want. But I really don't think you want me to do that."))
((Sorry. I just like making stupid jokes. If I take it too far, just tell me 'Dude, Not Funny' and I'll do my best to shut up. I don't want to offend anyone, especially people I like.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #4566 on: August 11, 2015, 04:44:09 am »

"Hmm. I think a protective newspaper is in order."

Summon a newspaper and roll it up in preperation to bap River on the snout if need be. Don't need no dog slobber on my ... actually what am I even wearing? Did I get resurrected with clothes, or have I been naked this whole time? Because if so there should've been some SAN checks going on.

Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4567 on: August 11, 2015, 05:10:10 am »

((nah, it's fine. Irine can't respond to D's comments since she isn't aware of them. I was just taking up the IC OCC slack.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4568 on: August 11, 2015, 06:05:09 am »

Try to find weak spots on mannequins.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4569 on: August 11, 2015, 07:28:05 am »

"Shouldn't be too hard to find, then. I guess eastward is the way to go, unless someone has a better idea?"

Prepare for takeoff!

Wolfkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4570 on: August 11, 2015, 10:22:29 am »

"Oh boy, target practice! In other wordss watch out and dont dodge into the path of my laser."
Laser as many of the mannequins in half as possible. Don't laser any of my teammates though. It's not time for that yet.

((Sorry for disappearing. I blame life. And Rocket League. Mostly Rocket League.))
You wanna frisk this guy? This guy with the technicolor wonder limbs? The limbs that could probably slap you on several different levels of reality?
Your tabs are just pure chaos, Wolfkit.
Sig

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #4571 on: August 11, 2015, 04:52:08 pm »

"Hmm. I think a protective newspaper is in order."

Summon a newspaper and roll it up in preperation to bap River on the snout if need be. Don't need no dog slobber on my ... actually what am I even wearing? Did I get resurrected with clothes, or have I been naked this whole time? Because if so there should've been some SAN checks going on.
Indeed you are wearing some clothes. For the sanity of all involved, I think Nikolai took care of that. Even if he didn't, my notes say you're wearing clothes, so that's the way it is and nobody should question that, or the retcon police will get them somebody else must have taken care of that.

You Simon an old and yellowed newspaper with "WAR!" written on its front page in large letters. It has an almost invisible purple glow.
You roll it and prepare to use your most authoritarian voice against the bad doggy.

"Shouldn't be too hard to find, then. I guess eastward is the way to go, unless someone has a better idea?"

Prepare for takeoff!
"Hm. That is your wish. And mine as well. But not what the rest want."

"Perhaps you should try becoming the leader of your companions. Get them to follow you. You are capable. I see no reason why they will not accept you as the leader of their pack. Then you can get them to follow you."

"There is something else. You said the east is a desert. I have no problem with that. The heat will be uncomfortable, but I can tolerate it. Food will be scarce, but I am a good hunter. And I can feed off the magic of the land when there is no food. You and your companions can not do the same. Do you feel comfortable that you can survive there?"

((nah, it's fine. Irine can't respond to D's comments since she isn't aware of them. I was just taking up the IC OCC slack.))
((In that case, he would respond by... well, by being who he is. But I think that for the sake of my sanity (and probably the sanity of others) it's best to not get involved in IC OOC.

Unless we say that happened sometime in the staging area to make it IC. Otherwise, it will be what he is saying to himself as he observes from River's head (or from my imagination).))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4572 on: August 11, 2015, 05:10:57 pm »

"Ah, but you are very much mistaken. For we have our Most Valuable Brigand, Alan on hand, and he can actually conjure tasty food and drink if given time, attention and tender loving care."

"Anyway, it's not a matter of following me or cheesy animal analogies. It's a matter of going in the right direction or the probably completely wrong direction. This isn't a sightseeing trip, it's a hunt."

Ike gives the others a look.

"And I hope you lot are paying attention, because eastward is where the quest is, and there we are most likely to find the dragon we're supposed to kill. As was already said several times. River might be shy a few marbles at the moment by his own admission, but his guess is better than our great steaming handfuls of fuck-all, so let's get our shit together and keep moving ASAP."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #4573 on: August 11, 2015, 05:47:21 pm »

"A desert, did I hear? One second and I'll take care of our skins then. Gotta have protection!

Either summon a big bottle of sunblock, or shoot it out of my hands at everyone else, whichever is more amusing.

Put the newspaper down and behind me before this, though, I wanna read it.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4574 on: August 11, 2015, 06:44:16 pm »

"Let's get moving east then. Find the dragon, kill the dragon, get payed."

"A desert, did I hear? One second and I'll take care of our skins then. Gotta have protection!

Either summon a big bottle of sunblock, or shoot it out of my hands at everyone else, whichever is more amusing.

Put the newspaper down and behind me before this, though, I wanna read it.

Block sunscreen with tsar shield if that happens.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.
Pages: 1 ... 303 304 [305] 306 307 ... 521