Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 299 300 [301] 302 303 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1125269 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Mission 5 has started
« Reply #4500 on: August 01, 2015, 09:54:37 pm »

That's what happens when two high power offenses collide. Have I done a round yet without getting mangled in some way? Sheesh.

Clearly the solution is to resurrect the two of us as some sort of unholy fused abomination and act as a spoiler to the other round. Or not; I'll let you decide.

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4501 on: August 01, 2015, 10:50:00 pm »

I like Salsa's idea.  As the rounds pass, the terrain could become more dangerous as buildings start collapsing nearby, fires spread, etc.  John and Ron can just be tied for 3rd place.  Despite the tournament format, both battles were occurring simultaneously in the same general area, so it would have been possible for Rune and Saevus to temporarily team up and kill John and Ron first, which would have put the tournament in a similar situation to what we have now.

I'm still rooting for Rune to win.  Go slime!
« Last Edit: August 01, 2015, 10:52:08 pm by Megggas »
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4502 on: August 02, 2015, 05:21:12 am »

((Sorry, still have been busy lately. I'll try to remain on top of it.))

Follow the others. There's nothing else for me to do, really. If danger approaches, ready my shards in either a defensive shield or a grouping of killing fragments depending on what my teammates need. If nothing else, just observe and move when needed.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #4503 on: August 03, 2015, 04:06:55 am »

<Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmdid you do anything while you were away?>
There are many seconds of silence.
<... Do not contact me again unless you have something important to say.>

Campaign, Ike!

<River, my friend! You'll never guess what happened! The Imperial Guard dropped by our hideout, and I thought it best to relocate. You done with whatever you've been up to, or should we fart around the city a bit longer so you can get an adequate amount of napping done? It'll probably be a while until we track you down unless you feel like giving us directions. Just asking if you'd like us to be in any kind of hurry.>

Seek River, and lead the others in my search.
<I am outside the walls, a building south of the gate.
You can come if you wish. It will be good to see you. And it will be good to leave this place as soon as possible.
But if you feel there is something you must do here, then I would not mind some more time to rest and recover until night comes.
Contact me if you can not find where I am. I will ask Theri to go and give you directions.>

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4504 on: August 03, 2015, 04:32:01 am »

Campaign, Ike!

<Splendid! See you in a bit.>

Ike turns to the others.

<Right, he's in a better mood for sure. Let's go find him.>

To River!
« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 09:54:27 am by Harry Baldman »

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4505 on: August 03, 2015, 09:53:48 am »

Team A

"I'm starting to think that this is very bad."
Keep a close watch on the void, look for exits with the flashlight.
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4506 on: August 03, 2015, 01:32:00 pm »

((After a few days, the issues preventing me from posting have somewhat cleared. I'm glad to be able to continue this game.))

"Onwards! To combat! Combat!"

Stairs? If they exist, let's go!
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #4507 on: August 03, 2015, 05:37:27 pm »

<Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmdid you do anything while you were away?>
There are many seconds of silence.
<... Do not contact me again unless you have something important to say.>
Alan positively quivers in temptation.

<But Rover>

<EVERYTHING I SAY IS IMPOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRTAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNT>

He then cuts off the mental link and begins giggling like more of a madman than he is.

Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #4508 on: August 03, 2015, 08:43:40 pm »

@Tiruin: Is there anything else you really want to do at the moment? Because if not, I'm going to skip forward a couple of hours so that the other people can arrive. Assuming nothing horrible happens to them along the way.

You can also post any action you want to do during that time, if you want.
((I have been indisposed to post here .-. Sorry!! ))

Head back to River, sneakily tie back the lock, and appear nonchalant as I expect him to wake up.
IF River is awake, be startled and try to explain why I left under the general theme of curiosity tied in with River's world-building concent [which Theri superficially knows!]

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4509 on: August 04, 2015, 02:49:32 am »

((back))
"Alan, please stop. That's mean."
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #4510 on: August 04, 2015, 03:18:51 am »

"Nah, it's just fact and the guy has an obsidian pole lodged in his prostate. I gotta get him to loosen up somehow! The only problem is that I don't have any drugs with me and I can't summon any because households aren't universally shitty enough for that.
Well, yet. There's always hope, ya know?"

Alan thinks to himself for a second.

"Hey Nikolai have you ever tried using your power on drugs? Like what if you did your thing on a package of ... what's the green stuff called again? You smoke it. I'm thinking 'bucket'."
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #4511 on: August 04, 2015, 09:04:15 am »

Team B: H4zardZ1, Wolfkit, Illgeo
"What is that mannequin thing?"
Magnetize the door to the outside of the room, then Shoulder ram.
You ram the door once more and this time it gives way, the door's frame breaking apart. A good kick is enough to break through the remaining wood and open the door.
Looking at the lock, you notice that the door was actually unlocked. Hm. Well, who cares, bashing down doors is cooler.

Team B.
Come closer to the room. Is it safe?
"Who could have done this terrible thing?"
You step a bit closer to the door, but don't actually go through it. The room beyond is a bit large, but not too large.

There's 16 mannequins here, forming two lines at the other end of the room, each with white dresses in various stages of completion or destruction. And by destruction, I mean that they have several holes and slashes on them, as if someone tried to stab them or maybe shoot them. Some of them are holding white knives that look like they've been carved out of bone or a similar material.

Behind them are two doors. There are various machinery, equipment and supplies lining the walls. Some of them are simple sewing equipment while others remind one of the kind of machines one would find in a machine shop.

Yep. Looks perfectly safe. You should just get through here quickly. They're probably just trying to scare you into attacking needlessly. Or maybe making some sort of art project or fashion show. There's no way this is an ambush of any sorts.

Team C: akkudakku, FallacyOfUrist, mydjet
((After a few days, the issues preventing me from posting have somewhat cleared. I'm glad to be able to continue this game.))

"Onwards! To combat! Combat!"

Stairs? If they exist, let's go!
You slowly make your way around the hole in the floor and then carefully walk up the stairs. Going through the door in the top, there is a rather jarring change in your surroundings. Everything gets colder and damper and coloured wooden walls become hard grey stone and wooden supports, almost like you're in a basement. It's the same environment as that stone corridor you found downstairs, you realize.

The most prominent feature of this corridor is some sort of mechanical device that is dividing it in to with some sort of energy barrier. It looks like a series of eggs stuck on the walls, each projecting a pale yellow sphere around it that merges with the spheres of other eggs creating a semi-transparent layer that is thinnest close to its centre. They are also emitting a strange clicking noise, each at a different rate, a fact that makes them sound very discordant. There's wires connected to the eggs, but unfortunately they are on the other side of the barrier, twisting into a bundle and going through a larger egg before disappearing inside the wall on your left.

There's two doors (besides the one you came through) you can access on your side of the hallway, one on your left and another on your right. There's also two doors you behind the barrier, one on your right and another right in front of you.

Team A: DreamerGhost, Beirus, Alarith
"Well there go our answers about what is happening here. Flash-lights seem to be failing for some reason, anyone here has a lighter to make a torch?"
Reload.
You become DreamerGhost : Reloaded.
By which I mean you reaload your gun using your spare magazine. That's 7 more bullets for you to use.

Team A

"I'm starting to think that this is very bad."
Keep a close watch on the void, look for exits with the flashlight.
With a quick look around, you manage to spot the exit, a simple wooden door leading out of the room. You could just make a run for it.

Your flashlights dim and start flickering. Everything goes dark for a split second. Something red and blue falls on the floor in front of you with a wet crunch. You follow its motion with your flashlight. It's just a skeleton with pieces of flesh still sticking on it, along with torn and blood-soaked clothes and some of his equipment and spare ammo.

The flickering continues and the psychic void starts condensing somewhere behind you, appearing in your mind's eye as dark and viscous oil falling from the ceiling.

Staging Area

Huh!?  There's a voice in my head!

George looked surprised for a moment, but quickly regained his composure after coming to a realization.

Wait...the bizarre machine, the secret cave, the voice...there's only one explanation....

I've been captured by the aliens!

George sighed in defeat, and said:

"Well, I knew this day would come.  You're one of them, right?  I'm guessing you captured me so that you could use your alien device to get your buddy out of my head.  Well, take him!  I couldn't care less!  I'm sure you'll kill me afterward, so just make it quick."

<Oh, that's interesting. Did you always have this fatalistic and defeatist attitude and tendency to complain to whoever you meet or is this a recent development? Most test subjects usually put up some sort of fight or try to bargain or even run away.>

Final Round

I like Salsa's idea.  As the rounds pass, the terrain could become more dangerous as buildings start collapsing nearby, fires spread, etc.  John and Ron can just be tied for 3rd place.  Despite the tournament format, both battles were occurring simultaneously in the same general area, so it would have been possible for Rune and Saevus to temporarily team up and kill John and Ron first, which would have put the tournament in a similar situation to what we have now.

I'm still rooting for Rune to win.  Go slime!
Yeah, you're right, that seems like the most logical thing to do. I'll just give both of them the third place reward.

"Let us stop this farce."

Spoiler: Panic! Abort abort! (click to show/hide)
Saevus throws his hammer at Rune, but the time it takes for him to throw it and for it to arrive gives Rune ample opportunity to slither away from it.
<'Come on, you pansy!'>
Frustrated, Saevus summons something like a gigantic cleaver and charges at Rune while screaming. Rune almost manages to get out of the way but he's not fast enough. The blade strikes him, cutting off a small chunk from him that proceeds to dissolve into a puddle of yellowish fluid on the ground.
<'The Black Knight ALWAYS TRIUMPHS!'>
The blob shivers and gurgles, clearly in pain from the hit, its movements more erratic. Despite that, it proceeds to latch onto Saevus' leg and begins melting through it, the bright lights on its dark metal surface disappearing.
<'Right, I'll do you for that!'>

<What are you doing?>
<What? Half the fun of duelling is the witty banter. And they're not doing much of that. So I'm doing it for them. What's wrong with that?>
<Probably the lack of wit!>
<Ack! Haha, you wound me man!>
<You are idiots.>

Campaign

@Tiruin: Is there anything else you really want to do at the moment? Because if not, I'm going to skip forward a couple of hours so that the other people can arrive. Assuming nothing horrible happens to them along the way.

You can also post any action you want to do during that time, if you want.
((I have been indisposed to post here .-. Sorry!! ))

Head back to River, sneakily tie back the lock, and appear nonchalant as I expect him to wake up.
IF River is awake, be startled and try to explain why I left under the general theme of curiosity tied in with River's world-building concent [which Theri superficially knows!]

((No need to apologize.))

You return to find River still resting on the floor. You quietly block the door again and find a comfortable spot for you to wait and rest.

He wakes up some time later and looks around until he spots you. Seemingly satisfied with your presence and the state of his surroundings, he turns his head to look at nowhere in particular.

In the next few moments, he has a severe and slightly comical change of facial expressions, going from calm, to frustrated, to happy, to angry and then to calm again in the span of a couple of minutes.

He shakes his head slightly and then looks at you.
"I got a message from the others. They are close. They should arrive soon." he states.
He grabs the clothes from next to him and looks at them for a few seconds.
"You can go greet them and help them find this place while I take care of... this." he continues with some annoyance in his voice as he struggles to undo some of the bindings that hold the clothes and armour together.
"If you want to, that is."

"Nah, it's just fact and the guy has an obsidian pole lodged in his prostate. I gotta get him to loosen up somehow! The only problem is that I don't have any drugs with me and I can't summon any because households aren't universally shitty enough for that.
Well, yet. There's always hope, ya know?"

Alan thinks to himself for a second.

"Hey Nikolai have you ever tried using your power on drugs? Like what if you did your thing on a package of ... what's the green stuff called again? You smoke it. I'm thinking 'bucket'."
Tsar Joint
And an appropriate Deus Ex mashup

Campaign, Ike!

<Splendid! See you in a bit.>

Ike turns to the others.

<Right, he's in a better mood for sure. Let's go find him.>

To River!
Your group continues until you find the gate. Despite the extensive damage it has suffered, it is still an impressive thing. The thick gate must have been covered with colourful engravings and sculptures in the past, but they have received enough damage that only the fortifications remain in place. You can also see part of the mechanism controlling the gate, but it appears to have been damaged and become stuck in the halfway-open position. The holes meant for archers and rock/oil throwing have been widened, leaving large gaps in them.

You follow River's directions and start heading towards a group of buildings towards the south. You don't encounter anything along the way. The fact that you catch his scent trail as you approach confirms you are in the right place.

Everyone
((Pausing here so that you can RP/approach the situation however you want. Unless you don't feel like doing so, in which case just post an appropriate action.))
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 10:08:14 am by Parisbre56 »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4512 on: August 04, 2015, 09:39:07 am »

Campaign, Ike!

<Up until now I never appreciated how much hiking adventuring parties have to do.>

Keep on walking in the free world.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4513 on: August 04, 2015, 09:55:58 am »

Saevus takes a quick look at his leg. "I have had worse."

Spoiler: Now get off. (click to show/hide)
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4514 on: August 04, 2015, 10:30:52 am »

<Svajoklis, Team A>

The things here seem to have quite an appetite. I say we move out and find something to start a fire with. Fuck this dark.

Grab ammo from corpse. Move towards the exit. In case something unrecognisable/eldrich apears/makes a sound/etc. shoot it.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.
Pages: 1 ... 299 300 [301] 302 303 ... 521