Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 298 299 [300] 301 302 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1125506 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Mission 5 has started
« Reply #4485 on: July 30, 2015, 02:48:22 pm »

<Oh right, we were looking for Rover. Yeah, let's go meet up with the drama queen.>

To insult River we go!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4486 on: July 30, 2015, 03:10:49 pm »

"Well there go our answers about what is happening here. Flash-lights seem to be failing for some reason, anyone here has a lighter to make a torch?"
Reload.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4487 on: July 30, 2015, 05:38:34 pm »

"Sure. Why not?"
Go find River.

Try to comm River
<Hey! Is this thing on?>
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4488 on: July 30, 2015, 06:08:46 pm »

Huh!?  There's a voice in my head!

George looked surprised for a moment, but quickly regained his composure after coming to a realization.

Wait...the bizarre machine, the secret cave, the voice...there's only one explanation....

I've been captured by the aliens!

George sighed in defeat, and said:

"Well, I knew this day would come.  You're one of them, right?  I'm guessing you captured me so that you could use your alien device to get your buddy out of my head.  Well, take him!  I couldn't care less!  I'm sure you'll kill me afterward, so just make it quick."
« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 08:03:44 pm by Megggas »
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4489 on: July 31, 2015, 12:55:34 pm »

Team B.
Come closer to the room. Is it safe?
"Who could have done this terrible thing?"

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #4490 on: August 01, 2015, 02:42:01 pm »

Final round

Spoiler: Stop! Hammertime. (click to show/hide)
Saevus doesn't bother raising his hammer, instead he simply moves it sideways like a croquet player, hitting Rune just as he blobs his way out of his hole. The hit is strong, launching Rune into the air and causing him to go splat against a wall. Rune is left disoriented and in pain, not knowing which way is which. But he remains mostly unharmed.

Spoiler: Let's break everything (click to show/hide)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Fun (click to show/hide)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You once again move at the same time, one launching a gigantic metal ball with a beeping red light while the other launches a gigantic piece of reinforced concrete, both projectiles flying at incredible speeds.
And then you both die.

Specifically, John tries to dodge and almost succeeds, but then the rock hits his legs, skewering them with the mangled rebar running through the piece of concrete. It rips them off, along with much of his lower body and spilling his huge guts everywhere, painting the road with his blood. The piece of concrete bounces on the ground and continues flying through the air, dragging John's corpse behind it until it smashes through a building.

Ron watches the beeping thing bounce on the ground in front of him before exploding inches away from his face. Which is a bad thing when it explodes like an unholy mix of thermite and fuel-air bomb, creating a small mushroom cloud, a shock-wave that severely damages the building next to him and a small firestorm that keeps burning with a bright blue flame for some time.

And... uh... I really don't know what to do now. I knew a draw was possible, but I never figured out how to solve that problem when the two matches are supposed to be simultaneous and their effects persistent. Because even if I go with whoever had the least worst endurance roll, the other guy is still dead. I was kinda hoping that wouldn't happen.

Guess I could say you both lost and have the winner be either Saevus or Rune, but that would be against the spirit of the tournament. Or I could say you get healed when your duel ends, but that would go against the spirit of the arena being persistent.

Don't know, have to think about it. Maybe I'll have a better idea once I sleep on it.

Campaign

@Tiruin: Is there anything else you really want to do at the moment? Because if not, I'm going to skip forward a couple of hours so that the other people can arrive. Assuming nothing horrible happens to them along the way.

You can also post any action you want to do during that time, if you want.

Campaign, Ike!

<Right, all in favor of finding River? His mood might have improved by now.>

Unless there is significant dissent, look for our good friend River.
I see no objections, so let's say you start going towards the outskirts of the city. Unfortunately, you don't happen to come across River's scent trail along the way, so you'll probably have to do with directions, assuming you get a response. Or just sniffing around the walls, he's bound to have crossed them if he wanted to go outside. Unless he is somewhere inside the city and plans on crossing them later.

As you walk, you spot a brown cloud of dust on the horizon, coming from the east-northeast. Looks like a sandstorm is coming. With a quick guesstimation of its size, speed and distance you think it's probably going to hit this place sometime tomorrow.

<Oh right, we were looking for Rover. Yeah, let's go meet up with the drama queen.>

To insult River we go!
"Sure. Why not?"
Go find River.

Try to comm River
<Hey! Is this thing on?>
Trying to contact River from where you are right now, you get no response. So you just start making your way towards the outskirts of the city. Thankfully, nothing jumps out of the rubble to eat you along the way.

You try contacting River again when you start getting closer to the walls. All is quiet for about half a minute, but you get a response a while later.
<What do you want?>

OOC
I started rewriting the first post. Think it's a bit better or at least more up to date now. Still a bit enormous. Should find a way to either make it more concise or mark which spoilers are important and which aren't more clearly. Might change the layout and wording later, make it a bit more concise.

I also added names for all the entities, so that you can witness my high-quality pick-a-semi-random-word-out-of-the-lexicon naming skills and so that you can call them something easier to remember and faster to write than
Jordan's unnamed entity
and similar.
Have I mentioned that I don't like names nor naming things?

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4491 on: August 01, 2015, 02:46:49 pm »

Spoiler: Panic! Abort abort! (click to show/hide)
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4492 on: August 01, 2015, 02:50:41 pm »

<Yo man, we're back! Didn't you want us to join you or something?>
Sig! Onol

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #4493 on: August 01, 2015, 02:53:28 pm »

<Yo man, we're back! Didn't you want us to join you or something?>
<If you want to join me, then do so.>

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4494 on: August 01, 2015, 02:57:05 pm »

Well, we both died, and we caused a ton of damage. Have the aftermath of our combat get worse through each round. That solves that, I would think.
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4495 on: August 01, 2015, 03:09:17 pm »

<huh, more passive aggressive than usual today What were we doing again? I've entirely forgotten what we even came here for.>
Sig! Onol

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #4496 on: August 01, 2015, 04:53:00 pm »

<huh, more passive aggressive than usual today What were we doing again? I've entirely forgotten what we even came here for.>
<Grrhh.> he transmits his frustration with a mental sigh.
<I am too tired to do this right now. Nor do I like repeating myself to people who do that. Unless there is something that needs to be discussed now, we will talk when you are here and I feel better.>

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4497 on: August 01, 2015, 04:59:37 pm »

<Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmdid you do anything while you were away?>
Sig! Onol

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4498 on: August 01, 2015, 05:32:37 pm »

Campaign, Ike!

<River, my friend! You'll never guess what happened! The Imperial Guard dropped by our hideout, and I thought it best to relocate. You done with whatever you've been up to, or should we fart around the city a bit longer so you can get an adequate amount of napping done? It'll probably be a while until we track you down unless you feel like giving us directions. Just asking if you'd like us to be in any kind of hurry.>

Seek River, and lead the others in my search.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4499 on: August 01, 2015, 07:56:22 pm »

"Let us stop this farce."

« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 06:12:55 am by Hawk132 »
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.
Pages: 1 ... 298 299 [300] 301 302 ... 521