Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 295 296 [297] 298 299 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1125933 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Mission 5 has started
« Reply #4440 on: July 23, 2015, 06:30:10 am »

((Note: am currently in Hybrid form. I have a human-ish body overall, but also have three very large fox tails (they can flick up to around the top of my head), fox ears, and partly canine teeth. I'm noticeably smaller than I am in fully human form as well overall, and as a result seem to be unusually small for my age, but in terms of volume I'm bigger simply because my tails are huge.

reminder also that I'm not an adult, for the sake of understanding the logistics of trying to hide me. I'm an adolescent. this applies in fox-form as well, but isn't as noticeable simply because humans are wired to recognize humans moreso than nonhumans.

Just making sure you're aware that I'm not in fully-human form right now.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4441 on: July 23, 2015, 06:43:29 am »

((Note: am currently in Hybrid form. I have a human-ish body overall, but also have three very large fox tails (they can flick up to around the top of my head), fox ears, and partly canine teeth. I'm noticeably smaller than I am in fully human form as well overall, and as a result seem to be unusually small for my age, but in terms of volume I'm bigger simply because my tails are huge.

reminder also that I'm not an adult, for the sake of understanding the logistics of trying to hide me. I'm an adolescent. this applies in fox-form as well, but isn't as noticeable simply because humans are wired to recognize humans moreso than nonhumans.

Just making sure you're aware that I'm not in fully-human form right now.))

((I suspected as much, edited the post a little.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4442 on: July 23, 2015, 10:18:55 am »

"O-okay..."
I shift to full-human
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4443 on: July 25, 2015, 04:54:37 am »

Well, I guess that could have gone worse, Zechariah thinks to himself. I don't know how we're not half past dead yet.

Oh, wait. We are.

Reluctantly follow Alan and disintegrate my shards. Conserve my energy for later.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4444 on: July 25, 2015, 01:32:44 pm »

Spoiler: Squishy (click to show/hide)
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #4445 on: July 27, 2015, 02:09:37 pm »

Team B: H4zardZ1, Wolfkit, Illgeo
Dive to cover.
You do the smart thing and try to find cover. Unfortunately, there is none. So you just hug the floor as tightly as you can.

Team B

"I'm going to increase the power once more, so speak now or find cover and forever hold your peace!"
Change the wavelength to infared, then try maximum power and take cover
You try to move as far away from the wall as possible, which is easier said than done when you're in a looping corridor.
"Target, maximum firepower!"
You avert your gaze from the giant beam of death, hoping that your sweat will be enough to prevent your clothes from igniting. A few seconds later, when the beam is done, you get up and start patting your head, trying to extinguish your hair.

That done, you approach the still smoking and glowing hole and try to look through it. Can't see too much. The hole is not very big. But it looks like there's something like a sewing mannequin in there, wearing a half-finished white dress with too many frills. Your laser has just missed it, making a black mark on the wall behind it. Judging from the size of the mark, the room is not small but not too large either.

Team C: akkudakku, FallacyOfUrist, mydjet
"One last try..."

Speed the team up. Try to find a way further into the house.
You manage to speed up the team for a couple of dozens of seconds.

Team A: DreamerGhost, Beirus, Alarith
Quote from: injured man
"What's happening? Did you get him?"
"I think so, something weird is going on, can you move? Try moving a little bit."
Keep an "eye" on the psychic energy. Maybe start carefully making my way to one of the walls of the room.
"Uh. I think so." the man replies more loudly than necessary.
"Leg's hurt but I think I- Ghhdamnit." there is a spike of pain from him but he starts moving. You can hear his legs getting dragged on the ground.
"Thank the fathers you're still alive, I thought I was- Uh? What was that? Is that you?"
Part of the psychic void above him starts condensing into a shape, like a cloud of ink with a viscous blob hanging from it, getting larger and longer until it touches the floor with a creaking and clicking sound. Suddenly a light flickers on. It stays on for a couple of seconds, during which time the psychic void in your mind's eye further condenses into the form of a human. But what you're seeing standing next to the officer, getting ready to jump on him.... that is no human.
"WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT THING!?"

See if my flashlight is still not working. If so, throw it at the guy I was shooting at. If it works, see how this place and that guy actualy look like.
You hit the flash-light with the handle of your pistol. The third hit's the charm, as your flashlight flickers on and stays on for a couple of seconds. Plenty of time for you to see every detail of the strange creature standing a few metres ahead from you, next to the injured (and very horrified) officer frantically searching for his gun.

Its general shape is humanoid, but its features are more avian, crow-like. It has a yellow bead for an eye, one on each side of its head and a long, thin, curved, yellow beak. Instead of hands it has very short and thing wings. At the end of its wings are several brown claw-like things, about a metre long each. You can't see the entirety of its legs, but they look asymmetrical, oddly bent with too many joints. Many of its black feathers are missing or irregular, showing patches of skin, making it look like it's sick. Most of its body and especially its claws and beak are covered with blood, most of it old and dried, making its feathers look even worse, some of it fresh.

It turns its head towards you for a split second, making a displeased gurgling caw-like sound in the process, but it turns its head back towards its prey a moment later.

Final Round

<Tick tock,
goes the clock.
As time flies,
my patience expires...>

Spoiler: Squishy (click to show/hide)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Uh oh. (click to show/hide)

Staging Area

Quote from: Megggas
<character>
You wake up.

You're laying face first on something hard, cold and smooth. Feels like your face should be bruised from sleeping on something like that, but it isn't.
It's not very dark, but it's not very bright either. What it is, is very damp. Too much humidity.
You can hear large amounts of water falling somewhere nearby. The area you are in is distorting the sound, creating quiet echoes.

Campaign

Commwire, to River:<The human village sent soldiers to the crater. They made a camp above our cave. They don't know we're here, but we're trapped...>

<Is Theri okay?>
Like before, there is no response.

Campaign, Ike!

<Seems like this is our opportunity. Dudes are moving, and so should we in all likelihood.>

As Alan returns, Ike returns to the cave with him.

"Did any of you guys do something like that? I remember some of you tend to set fire to things because you forget your words, or make one's big wheels excessively large for no good reason."

"Oh, we most certainly did. Set fire to the refugee village, blinded a wizard, killed three guards and took their swords, entered under false pretenses, and, lest we forget, were directly responsible for the near-complete obliteration of their city. The last one, though, they don't yet know we did. The first few, though... yeah, I'm pretty sure there's at least a couple people who can place me and Irine at the scene, even though I did try to minimize witnesses."

"It does make me wonder, though, if these guys even talked to Master Kassiver. I overheard them talking about what we did to the mage, but yet they don't seem to know what happened in the Fire Tower, and Irine sure as hell told him all about that. Odd. Maybe they're just pretending to not know? Or perhaps those stones were more potent than I thought?"

"Anyway, now would be a good time to make ourselves scarce or at least get into a more defensible position. Prepare to get moving. We ought to rendezvous with Rover in not too long from now, since this doesn't seem like a very good place to rest anymore. Alan, you lead Nikolai and Zech off one way, me and Irine will go a stealthier route."

Prepare to roll out stealthily.
You slowly and quietly get back to the tunnel where you get extra ready to roll out. You don't actually make any preparations, because I have no idea how you intend to roll out, but you feel so damn ready to roll you, you're ready to start rolling on the floor right now.

Nah, not gonna betray my teammates. Maybe for a tank, but not for a shield.

"Ready to leave at any time. The sooner the better."
Get ready to leave. Oh wait, I'm already ready to leave.

Private message to Alan: <Did you hear? He called you my pet! And also a chaos sorcerer. I thought you said you were an appliancemancer?>
You allow Ike to join your "ready to leave" club. Now he has access to all your secret parties, but no dorm room for him until he proves himself.

"I... I... Okay... Um, Ike? What are we going to do?"

"Take up your fox form, we're going to do a little bit of a detour in relation to the others. We'll be all sneaky-beaky and whatnot, while they can stomp about at their leisure."

Accept any form of disguise Alan can offer. Especially a Groucho Marx set. If I have a shirt, fashion it into a hood/turban combo, tying my ears back.
"O-okay..."
I shift to full-human
"Alrighty. Oh wait, I'll give you guys some disguises."

Try summoning up some really big bushy fake moustaches or two of those Groucho Marx glasses/nose/moustache sets.
Then get ready to leave by packing up as much of the food as I can.

Thought to Nikolai: <Yeah, I dunno what he was thinking with the chaos sorcerer thingy. I'm more a miscellaneousmancer, really, but not no chaos magic! I just use what I got very chaotically. Eh, not everyone can be perfect.>
Ike takes his bloody shirt and uses it to make some sort of improvised turban while Irine becomes the mass of fire she is while shapeshifting.

Alan decides that now is the best time to summon some disguises and put them on his teammates' faces. And by putting, he mean launching. Straight at the blob of fire that is Irine. Luckily, Ike is quick enough to use his shirt as a whip and hit the plastic projectile mid-flight, knocking it off course.

He turns around just in time to see a fake-glass-and-mustache combo heading his way, just in time to twist his head out of the way. He grabs the (now slightly cracked) pair of glasses as it bounces off the wall. Well, that's... one poorly thought out disguise for him?

((I made the assumption that Ike would try to protect a teammate.))

Well, I guess that could have gone worse, Zechariah thinks to himself. I don't know how we're not half past dead yet.

Oh, wait. We are.

Reluctantly follow Alan and disintegrate my shards. Conserve my energy for later.
It's hard to follow someone who is not moving. Well, he is moving around gathering supplies, but I assume you don't want to literally follow him around like a dog.

Theri pondered. She pondered on the many ideas River mentioned and pondered on how vast the knowledge he was entrusting to her was. She pondered, but she caught herself to take priorities with initiative.

"You'll show yourself when you're comfortable with it River. I'm happy with knowing you is all." She gave him a nod before focusing on the idea of Irine.
"But, if you're alright, I can support you when we go. I surprisingly feel alright--and...that note with Irine. I want to know how everyone else is doing. Is there anyway I can help while you rest?"

Theri shuddered as if a cold wind passed her. She remarked on how deep River's words to her were. It was like the creation reflecting on the will of its creator. It was an enigma and an answer.

She gave him a smile. "Because we have a long way to go it seems."
"Thank you, I... I am too. You and the others." he says smiling as he closes his eyes again, his body relaxing.
"I am glad you understand. I... I just want to... just stay safe. The others should be close. I promise I will..."
"I do not feel it is safe yet. I will show you, when I feel... I will explain. When I feel you are ready to face it..."
"I will show you the world. The way I see it. I will show you yourself. The way I see you. I... I will... I should take you to fly... You should fly with me. Flying is so much fun... We will have fun... time to have fun. If I protect you..."
"I do not want you to get hurt again... I do not want to fail... to break my promise again... I do not want you to leave..."
He speech becomes slower and quieter until he stops talking completely, his breathing slowing down as his body relaxes further.
Looks like he's sleeping. His exhaustion must have finally caught up with him.

OOC
(Heh, it's neat how each character has an entity that corresponds with their powers, personality, backstory, etc.  I'm curious, do any of the players here share the same entity?  I checked the first post, but I don't think that part has been updated lately)
No, they don't. I considered it, since it would make things easier gameplay wise (less things for me to think of and keep track of) but I think it wouldn't make as much sense story wise.

And yes, I really need to update that sometime...

(Heh, it's neat how each character has an entity that corresponds with their powers, personality, backstory, etc.  I'm curious, do any of the players here share the same entity?  I checked the first post, but I don't think that part has been updated lately)
((Yeah, it seems pretty unique, and I like the entities. I don't know how much their personalities match up to our characters though. Hey Paris, how much are our entities personalities influenced by the way we play our characters?))
In an OOC sense, I try to make interesting pairs that would be an interesting match with the personality and the various possible stories/motivations/avatars I have for each entity. That rarely means exact pairings, but sometimes they are pretty close, if I think it makes sense. But a good mix of differences and similarities are what make good pairings I think. Need a bit of conflict.

That's a bit of a headache on its own, because sometimes you have people that feel like they could fit well with multiple entities depending on which angle you take on their entity and their personality (I believe I've mentioned me considering Irine for Darkstar in the past. I was also considering having Ike with one of the more murder-happy entities or Zech with one of the more... morally questionable entities.) So you have to decide which pairing is best. I think I've done an OK job thus far. I'm happy with the original pairings, still seeing how the rest are working out.

In an IC sense, most of them have a reason for choosing you, be it an ulterior motive or just because they liked you or the way you fought or thought you were fun. And their avatars are still people, so they can be influenced and changed by you and others, although doing so is not very easy.

Both of those (IC and OOC) is why I sometimes create new entities instead of choosing an old one. And why I sometimes may try to wait until after someone's first mission to let them know which entity they have if they haven't given me enough hints about their character's personality and playstyle, in case the choice I originally made was a mistake.

Haven't had much time to do proper introductions lately, been focusing more on making turns...
« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 02:16:31 pm by Parisbre56 »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4446 on: July 27, 2015, 02:20:24 pm »

Campaign, Ike!

<All right, let's move out.>

Plan: me and Irine move separately from the rest, trying to keep a low profile. Objective - leave this area without being identified, if not necessarily without being seen.

EXECUTE INGENIOUS PLAN.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #4447 on: July 27, 2015, 02:26:27 pm »

Campaign, Ike!

<All right, let's move out.>

Plan: me and Irine move separately from the rest, trying to keep a low profile. Objective - leave this area without being identified, if not necessarily without being seen.

EXECUTE INGENIOUS PLAN.

When you say separately, you mean at different directions, at different times or do I choose whatever I want, potentially with a random dice roll?
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 08:02:33 am by Parisbre56 »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4448 on: July 27, 2015, 02:37:11 pm »

When you say separately, you mean at different directions, at different times or do I choose whatever I Wang, potentially with a random dice roll?

((The I Wang has not failed me yet, so I shall trust its judgment.))

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4449 on: July 27, 2015, 02:59:50 pm »

Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4450 on: July 27, 2015, 03:23:26 pm »

But of course.

If I still have bulets in my pistol, shot the thing. In its eyes. If not, then reload and shoot it. In its eyes.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4451 on: July 27, 2015, 03:26:28 pm »

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4452 on: July 27, 2015, 03:46:22 pm »

Spoiler: SHOOT IT (click to show/hide)
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4453 on: July 27, 2015, 04:13:03 pm »

Spoiler: Blobby (click to show/hide)
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4454 on: July 27, 2015, 06:20:38 pm »

"... okay, that's it. No more lack of movement. Point me!"

Be pointed in a direction, then charge in that direction and punch through any walls and doors in my path.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.
Pages: 1 ... 295 296 [297] 298 299 ... 521