Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 294 295 [296] 297 298 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1125928 times)

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Mission 5 has started
« Reply #4425 on: July 21, 2015, 04:28:23 pm »

See if my flashlight is still not working. If so, throw it at the guy I was shooting at. If it works, see how this place and that guy actualy look like.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #4426 on: July 21, 2015, 08:29:15 pm »

Just a quick one before I go to bed. ((That's what she said!))

Campaign

As always, if you feel that there's nothing more you want to do in the short term, then you can say something like "Wait until X" or "Do the X thing Y times." or "While I wait, do X.", etc.

"Good diplomacy, comrade!"

Nik puts away his sling now that he knows he won't have to use it and goes to join the others in the cave. Slightly dissapointed that he doesn't get fancy new shield and armour, but mostly relieved and shocked at Alan's diplomacy skills.
Well, you can always sneak attack them or try to steal it from them.
Or maybe try to barter for it if you don't want to murder everybody for some reason, but I doubt they'd give their equipment to you when they obviously need it, unless you can offer something important.
Hmm... Maybe you could rat out Irine and Ike for a shield? You bet they'd like to know their location. And it would give you the cool new nickname of "Judas".

I... I think I'll just sit here?
I mean, the others know what they're doing... right?
I'll... I'll just wait and see what happens?
I... I guess I will.
I'm just sitting here all curled up and waiting.
You play the waiting game. You think you're going to win this time.

Campaign, Ike!

<That could have gone much worse. Thanks, Alan, you're a true asset. With all that, though, it might be time for us to look for a less centurion-infested locale, though.>

Could I possibly move away from here without the legion of doom noticing me?
Maybe, if you're lucky. Those guys are setting up camp right next to here. That means they're going to have lookouts. If you're lucky, you could get out at a moment they're not looking. Or maybe if you're spotted, they won't run after you or will give up the pursuit when you go too far.

Going up the slope offers as much concealment as climbing the other sides of this little hole, so there's little reason to risk climbing, beyond the fact that they would have to go a greater distance around the hole catch up to you. The tunnel's collapsed so you can't go out that way, not unless you want to do some digging.

"Aight, peace out bro. Have a good investigation and all that jazz."

Swagger back to my companions.
You make some sort of gang sign and try your best to swagger without falling while going down a steep slope.
After a short loud utterance from Pragmatus, the group of armoured men starts marching forward towards the crater in an orderly fashion, their metal-covered boots making the ground shudder slightly as they strike the earth at the same time.

Spoiler: What had happened! (click to show/hide)
((You misspelled tired; "tiered" :P))

Theri nudged River with his stack of clothes, sitting on the floor.

"When you're rested and ready. Do say."

She looked him over and imagined him with clothes--recalling the various mentions of him and clothes together.

"But...I can get the silliness of fur + clothes. You don't look awkward in it though. Maybe a bit of style is needed is all."

She was glad about him mentioning his friends making him strong...
"Where are we? What place is this, and who owned this bar? It doesn't seem right for me to just take these though. I do hope whoever owns this place is alright.

"Could you tell me more about yourself? I've heard DarkStar a few times."

Continue conversing, and get to know River more!
((Yeah, that's what happens when I'm "tiered" :) My eyes keep not seeing the mistakes.
I still correct spelling mistakes from my first posts in this RTD whenever I find them...))

"When you're rested and ready. Do say."
River grunts in acknowledgement, not opening his eyes.

"But...I can get the silliness of fur + clothes. You don't look awkward in it though. Maybe a bit of style is needed is all."
He remains silent for a few seconds.
"... Hm. Maybe."

"Where are we? What place is this, and who owned this bar? It doesn't seem right for me to just take these though. I do hope whoever owns this place is alright."
"I do not know who owns this place. It was abandoned when I got here. I thought it would be a good place to rest. And wait for the others to meet us. So I got in."
"As for where we are, we are in the world we were supposed to be. In the outskirts of a city. I do not know its name. There is some strong magic here, but not much else."
"The one we came here to find should be towards the east, beyond some mountains... I think. My memory has not been that good after I... I got hurt."
"I want us to leave soon. This place is dangerous. And some humans tried to hurt Irine for no reason. I would had taken her with me so we could kill them all, if I did not feel leaving was more important."

"Could you tell me more about yourself? I've heard DarkStar a few times."
"Darkstar is my name. My other name. I use it for my... It is difficult to explain. It is still myself, but not myself."
He opens his eyes and turns his head to face you. He continues speaking slowly, searching for the right words.
"I was born Darkstar. I was given someone and I knew I was destined to bond with them. I felt that was the will of the god of our kind. And the two of us were good together. We took care of each other. We flew together. We had fun. We were friends. But..."
He looks away from you.
"But things changed. After some time we were... different. I felt like... I was somehow wrong. Like I could not help as I was supposed to. Like I was failing. Not doing what he wanted. Like the one that was supposed to be closest to me was going further away. Was... hating me. Hurting me... I still wanted to do what was right. To help. But I did not know how. I felt.. abandoned."

"So I spoke to my brother. And I asked him a question. I asked him to help me understand. And he said the best way to understand, to receive the answer I wanted in the way I wanted it, was to become River and seek the answer. So I became River... while also being Darkstar. We are... the same person. Two bodies, one soul. And in time I got to like this body. It let me... do things. Learn more. Be better."

He shakes his head slightly.
"I do not know if my words are right. Maybe it would be easier if I could show you who Darkstar is. Is... is that what you want?"

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4427 on: July 21, 2015, 08:47:22 pm »

(Heh, it's neat how each character has an entity that corresponds with their powers, personality, backstory, etc.  I'm curious, do any of the players here share the same entity?  I checked the first post, but I don't think that part has been updated lately)
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4428 on: July 21, 2015, 11:25:59 pm »

Quote from: injured man
"What's happening? Did you get him?"
"I think so, something weird is going on, can you move? Try moving a little bit."
Keep an "eye" on the psychic energy. Maybe start carefully making my way to one of the walls of the room.

(Heh, it's neat how each character has an entity that corresponds with their powers, personality, backstory, etc.  I'm curious, do any of the players here share the same entity?  I checked the first post, but I don't think that part has been updated lately)
((Yeah, it seems pretty unique, and I like the entities. I don't know how much their personalities match up to our characters though. Hey Paris, how much are our entities personalities influenced by the way we play our characters?))
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 11:30:43 pm by Alarith »
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4429 on: July 22, 2015, 01:51:48 am »

Commwire, to River:<The human village sent soldiers to the crater. They made a camp above our cave. They don't know we're here, but we're trapped...>

<Is Theri okay?>
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #4430 on: July 22, 2015, 03:47:24 am »

Alan arrives back in the cave rather happy in an Alanish way.

"That was fun! There's a really big group of dudes dressed in really thick tinfoil running around trying to find out what happened to that one city we were in. I talked to them with my amazing talking skills and we're basically gonna chillax to ourselves, and they're gonna ... well, they don't seem the type to chillax, but they're gonna hoover around to themselves, you get my drift? Should be good unless any of you guys ended up accidentally committing a huge atrocity against their people or killed a bunch of them or something."

He looks at the rest of the group as sternly as he's capable of, which is to say not at all. He tries and fails.

"Did any of you guys do something like that? I remember some of you tend to set fire to things because you forget your words, or make one's big wheels excessively large for no good reason."

Alan has an amazing memory for certain things.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4431 on: July 22, 2015, 04:32:46 am »

Campaign, Ike!

<Seems like this is our opportunity. Dudes are moving, and so should we in all likelihood.>

As Alan returns, Ike returns to the cave with him.

"Did any of you guys do something like that? I remember some of you tend to set fire to things because you forget your words, or make one's big wheels excessively large for no good reason."

"Oh, we most certainly did. Set fire to the refugee village, blinded a wizard, killed three guards and took their swords, entered under false pretenses, and, lest we forget, were directly responsible for the near-complete obliteration of their city. The last one, though, they don't yet know we did. The first few, though... yeah, I'm pretty sure there's at least a couple people who can place me and Irine at the scene, even though I did try to minimize witnesses."

"It does make me wonder, though, if these guys even talked to Master Kassiver. I overheard them talking about what we did to the mage, but yet they don't seem to know what happened in the Fire Tower, and Irine sure as hell told him all about that. Odd. Maybe they're just pretending to not know? Or perhaps those stones were more potent than I thought?"

"Anyway, now would be a good time to make ourselves scarce or at least get into a more defensible position. Prepare to get moving. We ought to rendezvous with Rover in not too long from now, since this doesn't seem like a very good place to rest anymore. Alan, you lead Nikolai and Zech off one way, me and Irine will go a stealthier route."

Prepare to roll out stealthily.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 04:43:40 am by Harry Baldman »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #4432 on: July 22, 2015, 04:42:49 am »

Theri pondered. She pondered on the many ideas River mentioned and pondered on how vast the knowledge he was entrusting to her was. She pondered, but she caught herself to take priorities with initiative.

"You'll show yourself when you're comfortable with it River. I'm happy with knowing you is all." She gave him a nod before focusing on the idea of Irine.
"But, if you're alright, I can support you when we go. I surprisingly feel alright--and...that note with Irine. I want to know how everyone else is doing. Is there anyway I can help while you rest?"

Theri shuddered as if a cold wind passed her. She remarked on how deep River's words to her were. It was like the creation reflecting on the will of its creator. It was an enigma and an answer.

She gave him a smile. "Because we have a long way to go it seems."

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4433 on: July 22, 2015, 11:10:20 am »

Nah, not gonna betray my teammates. Maybe for a tank, but not for a shield.

"Ready to leave at any time. The sooner the better."
Get ready to leave. Oh wait, I'm already ready to leave.

Private message to Alan: <Did you hear? He called you my pet! And also a chaos sorcerer. I thought you said you were an appliancemancer?>
« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 12:20:05 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4434 on: July 22, 2015, 01:45:23 pm »

Dive to cover.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #4435 on: July 22, 2015, 01:46:26 pm »

"Alrighty. Oh wait, I'll give you guys some disguises."

Try summoning up some really big bushy fake moustaches or two of those Groucho Marx glasses/nose/moustache sets.
Then get ready to leave by packing up as much of the food as I can.

Thought to Nikolai: <Yeah, I dunno what he was thinking with the chaos sorcerer thingy. I'm more a miscellaneousmancer, really, but not no chaos magic! I just use what I got very chaotically. Eh, not everyone can be perfect.>
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4436 on: July 23, 2015, 02:50:08 am »

"I... I... Okay... Um, Ike? What are we going to do?"
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4437 on: July 23, 2015, 04:19:16 am »

"I... I... Okay... Um, Ike? What are we going to do?"

"Take up your fox form, we're going to do a little bit of a detour in relation to the others. We'll be all sneaky-beaky and whatnot, while they can stomp about at their leisure."

Accept any form of disguise Alan can offer. Especially a Groucho Marx set. If I have a shirt, fashion it into a hood/turban combo, tying my ears back.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4438 on: July 23, 2015, 05:29:24 am »

"I... are you sure? I can only make so much fire and getting smaller makes me lose a lot of it. A-also, I don't think I'll be able to walk far as a fox. My arms still need to recover from... before..."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4439 on: July 23, 2015, 06:09:06 am »

"I... are you sure? I can only make so much fire and getting smaller makes me lose a lot of it. A-also, I don't think I'll be able to walk far as a fox. My arms still need to recover from... before..."

"Oh, right. Well, make sure to be in human form, then. Maybe figure out some way to look less recognizable, though I suppose you already seem reasonably generic."
« Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 06:42:44 am by Harry Baldman »
Pages: 1 ... 294 295 [296] 297 298 ... 521