Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 292 293 [294] 295 296 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1126174 times)

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Mission 5 has started
« Reply #4395 on: July 20, 2015, 12:37:38 am »

Go stand next to Alan. Twirl my sling a bit.
"It's Nikolai. We're badass monster hunters, looking for monster. Why are you here?"
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #4396 on: July 20, 2015, 12:55:32 am »

"We're monster hunters? Huh. Sounds badass enough to fit me."
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4397 on: July 20, 2015, 04:07:43 am »

Spoiler: can I keep one? (click to show/hide)
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4398 on: July 20, 2015, 04:49:15 am »

Campaign, Ike!

<Hey! They're not instantly hostile. Poor fools. It's almost like they don't know what they're getting into.>

Keep an ear out. Analyze the sounds of the wind. Do I hear buzzing?

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4399 on: July 20, 2015, 07:47:29 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #4400 on: July 20, 2015, 09:00:47 am »

Just a quick response from my phone, since you're all talking and waiting.

Campaign

I look around uncertainly and wait, watching Ike.
It's kinda hard to watch Ike while remaining away from the entrance, given that Ike is standing outside on the other side of this little crevice you two are in.

Campaign, Ike!

<Hey! They're not instantly hostile. Poor fools. It's almost like they don't know what they're getting into.>

Keep an ear out. Analyze the sounds of the wind. Do I hear buzzing?
Nope. No buzzing. Not even the figurative kind.

Campaign, Alan

"Oh, he's my buddy! His name's ... Nicholo? Nakalas? Something like that. We're here to ... actually I completely forget why we're here. I'm just sorta taking in the sights and stuff myself. Just woke up a little while ago, y'see, you must know how colorful everything looks after a really long deep sleep. Nice to meet you, Roven and Pagnatus! Sorry, I'm bad with names. Apart from mine of course, because mine's awesome."

"Oh, how're those two possibly dead dudes doing? D'you think they're hungry? I have food."

Go stand next to Alan. Twirl my sling a bit.
"It's Nikolai. We're badass monster hunters, looking for monster. Why are you here?"
Do you mean twirl like a mustache, like a staff, simply start spinning it around?
"We're monster hunters? Huh. Sounds badass enough to fit me."
The two men look at each other for a few seconds but say nothing. Pragmatus turns to face you again.
"Our mission is to investigate the loss of the city and the Tower and to find a way to repair or mitigate the damage and the resulting chaos."
He waits a few seconds before continuing.
"I will send four of my men to check the health of my scouts. Is there anything I should know about this area? Are there any more of your group around here?"

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #4401 on: July 20, 2015, 09:32:07 am »

Spoiler: What had happened! (click to show/hide)
((You misspelled tired; "tiered" :P))

Theri nudged River with his stack of clothes, sitting on the floor.

"When you're rested and ready. Do say."

She looked him over and imagined him with clothes--recalling the various mentions of him and clothes together.

"But...I can get the silliness of fur + clothes. You don't look awkward in it though. Maybe a bit of style is needed is all."

She was glad about him mentioning his friends making him strong...
"Where are we? What place is this, and who owned this bar? It doesn't seem right for me to just take these though. I do hope whoever owns this place is alright.

"Could you tell me more about yourself? I've heard DarkStar a few times."

Continue conversing, and get to know River more!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #4402 on: July 20, 2015, 11:41:53 am »

Campaign, Alan

"City? Tower? Those sound important, what happened to them?"

It's uncertain if he's pretending to not know that he was partially responsible for destroying them or just forgot.

"Ah good. Tell me quickly if they want ice cream though, because that's gonna melt fast.
I don't know anything about this area though, again, just woke up from supernap. And there are more of my pals near here, but they're always kinda nervous about interaction with people so they might not come out for a bit until they feel not nervous or something."
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4403 on: July 20, 2015, 12:18:35 pm »

Campaign, Ike!

Remain an introverted cannibal listening from afar.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4404 on: July 20, 2015, 03:50:27 pm »

I wait where I am, gently flexing my fingers, hands, and arms to see how much control, motion, and feeling I have from them.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4405 on: July 20, 2015, 03:55:18 pm »

(Never mind, not leaving. I enjoy this too much. And my PS3 is practically fried :(. )
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4406 on: July 20, 2015, 03:58:07 pm »

(Never mind, not leaving. I enjoy this too much. And my PS3 is practically fried :(. )
((It's all about the density of entertainment. Although slow, this game is very, very, fun.))
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4407 on: July 20, 2015, 05:16:47 pm »

(Just spinning it a bit. Its funny because its such a puny weapon.)
"Send two men with no weapons or shields.

Alan's mostly right, we know not much about the city or tower. Just passing through. There's a few more in our group. What did happen here anyway?"
« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 05:28:57 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4408 on: July 20, 2015, 05:23:10 pm »

Team A

I'm just gonna keep quiet and try to figure out where that guy is at. Do the thing I do if attacked.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #4409 on: July 20, 2015, 08:16:14 pm »

Team B: H4zardZ1, Wolfkit, Illgeo
"Arggghh... The freaking doors..."
Try again, but this time with punches and the remaining door.
You punch the door a few times and also significantly increase the strength of your magnetic field. You hear the door's frame crack from the pressure.

You'd try again, but the science guy is firing really powerful lasers now and you don't want to be anywhere near there. You'd prefer to not burn alive.
"Well, if someone is getting to get us to go through the remaining door,  I have no interest. Now, let's see if that distortion prtoects the walls as well. Everyone be ready to dodge, this could turn out to be quite a bad idea."
Pick a wall to cut a hole through. Start the cut with a low intensity laser in the visible spectrum to check for a similar distortion. If clear, speed up the cutting process with a higher power laser, but keep it in the visible spectrum and stay on my toes, be ready to dodge and abort if things go south at any point in the process.
You write a few lines of calculations, enough to make a tiny beam. The small green spot barely has any effect on the wall.
"What if we tried more power?"
You make sever lines of calculations, enough to make a quite bright beam. The bright point of light seems to be having no effect beyond making a small scorch mark on the wall.
You fill about half a page of your notepad, making a beam of respectable size. The bright spot on the wall is barely enough to make the wall start smoking slightly, but it's more than enough to start making you uncomfortably warm. You're pretty sure that's not normal wood.
It takes you some time, but after a couple of pages of calculations you manage to make a beam so strong that you have to keep your eyes closed while it's on, both to avoid getting blind and to avoid the searing heat unleashed from this. When it's done, there's a glowing hole in the wall, but it's not deep enough for you to see the other side. Darn it.
Do you want to continue? Or maybe try more power?

Stay low. Analyze teammates abilities.
Well, communication is definitely not one of them.
Nor spotting obvious things, apparently. If someone wanted to herd them towards that room, it would make sense for the door to be unlocked.
Not to mention common sense, since firing a laser inside a wooden house that didn't have abnormally resilient walls would probably result in a fire that would kill most of you.

Your professional opinion is that you should stay as far away from them as possible and shout encouraging words while they self-destructively or just plain destructively solve any problems they encounter.

Team C: akkudakku, FallacyOfUrist, mydjet
"Agh. That's not good."

Pull myself off the ledge, onto the safe ground. I don't want to be anywhere near that hole. If I fail... send myself into the the ceiling with the relevant [special].
If no one helps fallacy get out of his hole I get up and go to him as carefully as a drunk person can.
if someone dose help him i poke my head in the doorway on the right and knock on the wall saying
"Any one home?"
Help the guy. Speed up the team afterwards.
Modus runs and dives into the hole, sliding to a stop at its edge and grabbing Kosak, thus stopping his slow slide into the dark hole. A few seconds later Jhon arrives and helps pull the two out of the hole.

A few seconds later, after everyone has calmed down sufficiently and caught their breath, Modus attempts yet another speedup spell, but unfortunately he can't concentrate enough to properly complete the spell and it fizzles out with no effect.

You all rolled well, so not much to say about this.

Team A: DreamerGhost, Beirus, Alarith
Metalic clicks? I'm betting on a gun.
Get to cover. Fire at the voice once, use the flash of gunshot to see where the voice owner is, shoot it three times.
You pull out your pistol, take cover and fire off a few shots at the man, using the flashes of light to improve your aim. As you thought, he is taking cover behind a wooden piece of furniture, but you keep shooting at him anyway.

You hear nothing after those shots beyond the ringing in your ears.

Group A

"So, do you kill for sport or necessity? Do you serve a higher purpose?"
Can I move quietly? When I'm done talking move a step or two to the left. Start trying to break into his mind, and be ready to make a telekinetic shield.
You start breaking into his mind, but a few seconds later there is a series of gunshots, a burst of surprise and pain from him, shortly followed by rage and then a couple of seconds later his psychic energy starts dissolving until it disappears completely.

You can no longer feel him nearby. All you can feel is the injured man and this... undefined presence.

You open yourself up and carefully sense the surrounding area, trying to spot any sign of the man's psychic energy, but you can sense nothing. However you do spot something you had missed before. There is a strange sort of... void roughly over where the injured man should be. It feels like a black cloud that swallows up all psychic energy around. It is covering a good chunk of the room's ceiling (if there is one) and is at its most powerful above the injured man's body.

Team A

I'm just gonna keep quiet and try to figure out where that guy is at. Do the thing I do if attacked.
Right now? You have no idea. You didn't hear him move or talk at all after those gunshots.

All in Team A
"What's happening? Did you get him?" you hear the injured man say with a quivering voice.
Pages: 1 ... 292 293 [294] 295 296 ... 521