Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 290 291 [292] 293 294 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1126211 times)

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Mission 5 has started
« Reply #4365 on: July 18, 2015, 04:59:09 am »

Campaign

If Zechariah hears a commotion start, or his teammates otherwise become alerted over the commwire:

Commwire, all: <...you know what, why do I even bother? Whatever, I'll try to make a distraction.>

Follow through with making a distraction. Use my collected shards to harass anyone who dares come close to any of my teammates. Try to get us out of here or at least to relative safety when possible.

If not:

Remain waiting for some sort of response or action to occur.

« Last Edit: July 18, 2015, 05:38:42 am by DarkArtemisFowl »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #4366 on: July 18, 2015, 05:05:30 am »

((Why's everyone freaking out? Alan's the only one walking outside, everyone else is staying put IIRC.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4367 on: July 18, 2015, 05:27:19 am »

((Why's everyone freaking out? Alan's the only one walking outside, everyone else is staying put IIRC.))
((... valid point))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4368 on: July 18, 2015, 05:35:06 am »

((I guess because, when Alan gets involved, you know that things are about to get spicy. For better or for worse.

Even if he's just taking a walk.))
« Last Edit: July 18, 2015, 05:39:02 am by DarkArtemisFowl »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #4369 on: July 18, 2015, 05:43:59 am »

((I guess because, when Alan gets involved, you know that things are about to get spicy. For better or for worse.

Even if he's just taking a walk.))
((*joker voice* but when Alan does the same thing... Well then everyone loses their minds!))

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4370 on: July 18, 2015, 10:50:47 am »

Nikolai facepalms when Alan wanders outside.

Stay put. First moving thing not of this group that I see gets hit with a boulder from my sling.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #4371 on: July 18, 2015, 11:18:50 am »

Team B: H4zardZ1, Wolfkit, Illgeo
((Thanks))
"The door isn't going down easily, hm? Let's try this then."
Place the magnetic field outside the door and then push the door. With my shoulder. AKA, shoulder ram the door.
You take a few steps back and get ready to ram the door. You run as fast as you can and at the last second you close your eyes and aim your shoulder towards the lock.
*bonk*
"Aaaaugh!"
You missed. You missed the door. You rammed the wall instead.
You spend a few seconds lying on the ground, holding your shoulder, cursing these damn moving doors.

Team B: H4zardZ1, Wolfkit, Illgeo
"Hmm..."
Check the painting more thoroughly. Could it be original? Remove it from frame to investigate closer if needed
As the other two are working on the door, you focus on the painting. Hmm... Yes, you're pretty sure that's the one. So this isn't just a random house? Some kind of safe-house or storage area? And they didn't steal it for money? Only did it so that they could destroy it? That means they don't value money either because they've got a crapload or because they don't need them... Unless the painting is actually intact and there's some sort of ability in work here making it look like it's damaged so that nobody gives in to the temptation to look at it too closely or steal it.

You turn to look away from the painting when you hear a noise from the other side of the room. It's a bit hard to hear because one of your teammates starts cursing doors a moment later.
You think you might have heard it before but you were too focused on the painting to notice it. But now it seems that... Oh shi-

Keep watch for now; if (H4zardZ1) has problems with the door use lasers to cut it open
"Observe, as I slice the door in half with the power of SCIENCE!" Welroki declares as he gets out his notepad and pen.
A few quick calculations later a beam appears from a point in front of him and starts sweeping through the middle of the door, slowly cutting it, its lock and probably whatever is behind it in half. But before the slice is even halfway there, he is tackled by John and pushed to the ground.
"Hey man! Don't interrupt me when I'm sciencing! I was-"
John interrupts Welroki, pointing to the burnt section of the door. The distortions in the air from Welroki's beam are still visible but are rapidly dissipating as the light is transformed into heat, heat that makes the cold corridor slightly warmer. But where are they coming from? The angle is indicating they're coming from behind them and that would require... Welroki's eyes follow the scorch marks in the walls. They are becoming more intense as they approach... the door on the other side of the corridor?
"Spatial distortion." John says.
Welroki gets up and pushes the door open. Yep, through the door he can see the back of a head with wild white hair that could belong to only one man. Himself. And beyond him he can see another corridor with the same sight in it. And another. And another. It's like looking at a hall of mirrors, but without the mirror.
Looks like John just saved Welroki from getting very badly burnt from his own beam.
"Only one door left. Probably herding us to a trap." John adds.
"See? I told you about those traitorous doors!" Fizz yells from where he is still lying on the floor.

Team C: akkudakku, FallacyOfUrist, mydjet
"This cannot be! AHHH!!!"

back away from the door. Have my empty slot have [ability] in it.

Spoiler: Ability (click to show/hide)
((Castlevania reference?))
Ability got.
My mistake for not informing you beforehand, but I should had had you declare that on your first turn. Anyway, next mission we'll do it right.

"I can hear you just fine. And I agree. RAAGH!!!"

Bash down another door somewhere in the foyer! Keep bashing doors down until I find the corridor that leads to the other teams!
You proclaim your undying hatred for doors for showing you such sights and proceed to exact your revenge on their kind by bashing them down.

You take a few steps back and then ram the door on your right. This one was supposed to lead to team B, but instead leads to a narrow stone corridor with little light in it, so little in fact that you can barely make out where it ends. Okay, weird and not what you wanted, but not really dangerous either. You step back to the entrance room and try the other door.

You proceed to ram through the one locked door left. This one was supposed to lead to team A. And indeed it seems to be leading directly to the last room you saw team A in, the one with the stairway leading up. The hallway that was between that room and yours seems to be missing, but that's not the most alarming thing. The most alarming thing is that a large part of the room's wooden floor has bent downwards and collapsed, revealing only an unnatural dark darkness below. And your momentum means you're heading straight for it.

You trip and tumble down the crater-shaped floor. You reach the edge of the floor. You barely manage to hold on a piece of wood jutting out from the floor.

The dark hole is just below your feet. It feels dangerous. Maybe you should had taken your chances with the front porch.

<"Well this went great. I might need cover to fix myself. My proposition is to go close to one of the doors that the others went through and break it down.">

Speed myself up. Prepare a spell that slows down a person of my choosing to a crawl. Stay as close as I can to the others.

((Sorry about that, I have the worst memory ever. I hope there are okay.))
It takes you the entire turn, but you eventually manage to speed yourself up, counteract the slow effect and even gain a small speed boost in the process.

And then you watch Kosak almost fall to his death. Looks like the only safe way to traverse that room is to move along its edges towards the stairwell and his momentum prevented him from doing that. You suppose you could go help him. Or you could let him fall and see what happens. After all, strength is not your strong suit and he looks kinda heavy. Why risk it?

Team A: DreamerGhost, Beirus, Alarith
Even though I only saw the room for a second I should remember where evrything is.
If there are no obstacles in the way, shoot the owner of the voice in one of it's legs. If there are obstacles, Get up and move towards the vice, baton in hand.
You do indeed remember everything you saw in perfect detail. However, you are still human and thus still have such biological limitations as low quality peripheral vision, meant more for spotting the movement of a predator jumping on you so as to avoid becoming its next meal and less for making detailed maps of rooms.

Even assuming you found a book on image enhancement techniques similar to the ones used in astronomy to find faint stars from variations in neighbouring pixels and used your intellect to transform such techniques and apply them to your vision, you'd still not get a perfect map of the room, although you'd probably get a good idea about where everything is.

As it is, you only have a good idea of what was in front of you. Luckily, that includes the general direction the voice is coming from.

And then Alarith makes his flashlight work for a few moments, making the above pointless. You now have a very good idea where everything is, so you start moving towards your vice the voice. On your own. In the dark.

You could try shooting right now, the bullets might penetrate his cover, but you can't be certain. And even if they do, they won't be as powerful.

Team A

<Whoever it is might have some way to see in the dark. If he comes after me, I'm going to start charging up.>

Stay quiet. If attacked, do the thing I do.
You stay still and quiet.
You are not dead yet. You'd say you're doing good.

Group A

<I can't sense anyone immediately hostile, but it could go that way fast.>
"Life is always something to be happy about, at least I think so,"
Focus more on the man's feelings, anything more I can detect without him noticing? Also see if my flashlight works better.
The man emits a short amused laugh. There's something disconcerting about it, too many changes in pitch.
"We'll see if you feel the same about your life during the few moments that are left in it." he says.
There is the sound of metal sliding on metal. One click, two clicks...
You hit the side of your flashlight a couple of times and manage to get it to work for a few seconds before the light dies. He seems to be taking cover behind an old wooden wardrobe at the other side of the room.
"Flashlight not working, eh? Guess you're lucky. I like the ones I murder to look into my eyes when they die."
Three clicks, four clicks...
You can tell by the lack of change in his feelings that he is not telling the truth, or at least not the whole truth. This is not new information to him, there's no surprise.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4372 on: July 18, 2015, 11:40:36 am »

"Agh. That's not good."

Pull myself off the ledge, onto the safe ground. I don't want to be anywhere near that hole. If I fail... send myself into the the ceiling with the relevant [special].
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #4373 on: July 18, 2015, 02:21:30 pm »

Final Round

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: RAAARGH (click to show/hide)

I won. Celebrate by setting something(not me) on fire. Afterwards, find a clothing store for myself.

"Don't tell me how to live my life!"

OOC
(Gonna be leaving forum Roleplay after I finish my fight. Gonna use this time to work on other stuff. After role playing for a year, I've decided that it's too slow for me, and I lose interest too quickly. Otherwise, I have enjoyed this a lot, and may this RP just get crazier.)
Ah, I understand. Hope you had fun and wish you fun and success on your future endeavours.
I'll miss Ron, he was fun.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4374 on: July 18, 2015, 02:49:58 pm »

((Let's see what we can do here...))
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4375 on: July 18, 2015, 02:56:01 pm »

« Last Edit: July 18, 2015, 06:55:40 pm by Hawk132 »
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

mydjet

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4376 on: July 18, 2015, 06:39:08 pm »

If no one helps fallacy get out of his hole I get up and go to him as carefully as a drunk person can.
if someone dose help him i poke my head in the doorway on the right and knock on the wall saying
"Any one home?"

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4377 on: July 18, 2015, 08:19:10 pm »

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #4378 on: July 18, 2015, 09:04:40 pm »

Campaign

<What if I go out and act all innocent and adorable?>
Sending Alan. To help people. And make a good first impression on them. OK.

In the midst of all this serious planning and such, Alan decides it's been far too long since something interesting has happened.

Wander outside with a friendly expression on my face. Determine what's been causing all this commotion and wave happily at it/blast it with my balls if it starts attacking me or something.
!! !!
I seize the discoball and forcefully introduce it to the ground.

edit for clarity: am not leaving our hiding place.
Not sure if Ike ever told you it didn't like rocks, but sure.
You try to make a general fire-goes-down field above you, since you aren't as good at judging exact distances via sound as Ike is.
The field is created successfully, but judging from the sounds coming from above you, it didn't work. You're not sure if you missed or if the sphere merely doesn't have significant amounts of the fire element, but you can still hear it buzzing around.

Campaign, Ike!

<Well, if that's what you guys want to do. I'd tell you this'll end badly, but when does it ever not?>

<Besides, from the sound of it it's entirely possible they're here to hunt us in the first place.>

Watch Alan walk out, see what happens. Be prepared to rush to his aid if required, or at least hurl a rock at approaching energy beings.
You shake your head as you watch Alan run up the slope, making enough noise to inform someone nearby of exactly where he came from.
And he does that to try to help humans. Who are potentially friends of the ones you slaughtered last night.
Sometimes you feel like these guys actually want to die. Maybe River did the smart thing by leaving them behind.

Campaign

If Zechariah hears a commotion start, or his teammates otherwise become alerted over the commwire:

Commwire, all: <...you know what, why do I even bother? Whatever, I'll try to make a distraction.>

Follow through with making a distraction. Use my collected shards to harass anyone who dares come close to any of my teammates. Try to get us out of here or at least to relative safety when possible.

If not:

Remain waiting for some sort of response or action to occur.
Define commotion. I'm pretty sure this entire thing would count as one.
If you mean your companions getting killed, then no, you don't hear that... yet.

Nikolai facepalms when Alan wanders outside.

Stay put. First moving thing not of this group that I see gets hit with a boulder from my sling.
You join Ike in a tactical facepalm and prepare for indiscriminate murder.

In the midst of all this serious planning and such, Alan decides it's been far too long since something interesting has happened.

Wander outside with a friendly expression on my face. Determine what's been causing all this commotion and wave happily at it/blast it with my balls if it starts attacking me or something.
As you run towards the top, you hear the sound of the Discoball change and start returning to its normal buzzing sound as it starts once more getting closer.

Getting towards the top, you notice several things.

First thing is that there are indeed two men on your right, both wearing leather armour with a bit of metal in the left shoulder and leg. One of them is lying on the ground unconscious, with the flesh from half of his hand gone, leaving only bone behind, yet he is not bleeding. The other is crawling towards him. One of his hands must have been injured, for he appears to be having trouble moving it. He is holding a dangerous-looking knife in the other.

Second thing is that there is a large number of men (and very few women) running towards you, coming from your left. They are wearing polished bronze-coloured armour that shines golden in the midday sun. It looks (and sounds) heavy and covers almost all of their body, yet they can apparently run with an acceptable speed despite that. Most of them have a shield of similar colour with ornate carvings, decorations and spikes and a heavy-looking sword currently in their sheathe. Leading the charge is a man wearing silvery medium armour on his chest over red clothes, with a short sword in his sheathe. He is currently in the process of raising his hand and shouting a spell.

His followed by another man in armour similar to the rest, but more ornate. However, what separates him from the others is that instead of one medium shield, he has two giant ones, one strapped to each arm in such a way that they still allow him to use his hands. The shields are beautifully decorated with carvings of feathers that, along with their shape (teardrop-shaped with the pointy bit pointing backwards and slightly downwards), make them look like wings, a fact that along with the shape of his helmet (it's slightly pointy where the mouth should be, like a beak) makes the man look like some kind of flightless bird made out of metal. The part of the shield close to the wielder's hands has menacing spikes. The part of the edge the shield close to the arm is thick, blunt and curved on one shield and thin and sharp on the other, almost like the edge of a blade, yet the two look like they could fit together, so that if he held both in front of him and grabbed one hand with the other, they would form an S-like seam. On the other side, the long "feathers" at the end of the wings also look menacingly sharp.

And third is the Discoball, a ball of frozen lightning getting ready to swoop down on the two men while at the same time getting narrowly missed by the spell's beam.

Hmm... Now, which of the three is causing the most commotion...
Should I roll? I think I should roll. I mean, you did put it in the action, right there. Yeah, I'm going to roll. Can't resist that.
You logically deduce that the men in armour are making all this noise because they're running to help their two friends from that strange bright buzzing ball thing. Therefore, the best way to get them to stop sooner would be to... kill the two guys more quickly. That should get them to stop. Your ball should be more efficient at killing them than their ball. Yeah, that sounds right.

With a scream of Alan powers, activate! CHAAAOOS DUNK! you launch a gigantic basketball their way, pulsating with purplish energy.

Unfortunately, you miss. The ball goes right over their heads, instead hitting the Discoball currently swooping down on them. It seems that the collision of such mighty balls is deadly to all involved. Your ball bursts with a loud bang accompanied by a very bright flash, the semi-deflated flaming piece of rubber bouncing on the ground (and the two unfortunate men below it) before flying away for a short distance. It stays where it lands, still smoking and burning. The ball of lightning they call Discoball is nowhere to be seen.

The other guys are still running towards you, but they're slowing down. Well, that's one way to resolve all this noise. Now you'll have to endure all the honour and praise that is sure to follow for accidentally hurting those two when you meant to do it intentionally.

Everyone
You gain all the audio and most spatial information Alan got, with Ike having better accuracy and quality, as is to be expected.
That means Rovan shouting his spell, the armoured men slowing down as they approach Alan, the ball bursting over the two men, the Discoball's buzzing no longer being audible.
Everyone except Ike and Alan doesn't know where exactly the remains of the giant basketball landed and that it is on fire, but I'm guessing that's not terribly important to anyone but Irine.

((Totally love how you're going with this IC perfectly Parisbre :3 You knew Theri didn't mean you but meant 'probably maybe possible everyone else'))

Theri's eyes brightened at the mention of her orb, keeping her mind away from the bloody stain.

"I'm glad for that! Thanks River." Her eyes drifted back onto the stain after taking and putting on her set of clothes. "But...if someone was hurt here, wouldn't there be any more signs of a struggle or something? Or at the worst, signs of the result of the fight leading somewhere? I hope whoever got hurt is ok..."

Noticing the (partially) OK fit with the clothing--a bit loose around the waist and she needed to cut a bit for her tail--she picked up the other set and plopped it right next to River.

"Though I find my thoughts drifting places. I remember you said something about being a maker--like that area you made when we were in the special place. Couldn't you make clothes for yourself?"

Inquire; get ready; investigate; leave when all are OK :D
((I try to stick in character when I'm GMing (with varying degrees of success). Hence why I have River stick with his dislike of wearing clothes.))

"I'm glad for that! Thanks River."
River smiles at your response before closing his eyes and returning to resting, while you dress.

"But...if someone was hurt here, wouldn't there be any more signs of a struggle or something? Or at the worst, signs of the result of the fight leading somewhere? I hope whoever got hurt is ok..."
"Hm...? Oh, you do not need to worry about them."

"Though I find my thoughts drifting places. I remember you said something about being a maker--like that area you made when we were in the special place. Couldn't you make clothes for yourself?"
"Yes. You are correct. I have learned more about how to use my gifts to create rather than destroy. But I am not very good at it. Not when I do not have my friends helping me. Or a source of power."
"It is hard to make something from nothing. It is easier when I have a material to change."
"It also needs strength. I had to conserve my strength. Use it for... more important things. Use it to help my companions and my friends. I am too tiered to use it now."
« Last Edit: July 18, 2015, 09:54:16 pm by Parisbre56 »

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #4379 on: July 18, 2015, 09:21:28 pm »

"Arggghh... The freaking doors..."
Try again, but this time with punches and the remaining door.
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things
Pages: 1 ... 290 291 [292] 293 294 ... 521