Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 259 260 [261] 262 263 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1127816 times)

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Making friends wherever we go
« Reply #3900 on: April 29, 2015, 11:02:12 pm »

"I'm getting sick of this"
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3901 on: May 01, 2015, 10:26:50 pm »

Second chance round

Spoiler: I'm hit! (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ow, my splanch (click to show/hide)
"I'm getting sick of this"

A very bright green light is being emitted from the now obliterated western part of the fortification.
It is almost time now...

Campaign

All right! Hey, do you know anything about fixing these limbs of ours? Otherwise we only have one option for moving around.

Alan grins. This has been a long time coming.

COUCH
"No, but I will try. This might hurt."

Relocate my arm, then help Alan on to the couch and relocate his ankle.

"Can you summon clothes, or weapons, or food, or drink?"
You manage to relocate your arm with one swift bash like a boss and don't even feel any pain about it. Cool.

That done, you slowly (both to avoid causing pain and due to his weight) move Alan to the couch and lay him there.
"This is probably going to hurt."
But I should not worry because you know what you're doing, right?
"Nope!"
Cool.
You bend down and take a look at the leg. And then immediately look to the side and retch, for once since you woke up feeling glad you have nothing in your stomach. Gah... You've seen injuries before but that just feels... It's making you sick. The foot just hanging there limply, swaying at odd angles with the slightest move of his fatty hip. It's.... Ugh. Can't really do it right now. Need a sec to prepare yourself, at least. Or maybe something to appease your stomach.

Alan downright pouts.

Well that was somewhat less spectacular than I imagined it.

"Can you summon clothes, or weapons, or food, or drink?"

Yep, yep kinda, like knives and bathtubs at high velocity and hot water heaters and stuff, yep and yep!

Assuming I'm not passed out in pain from disastrous medicine attempts, summon a large variety of chocolate and begin gorging myself. Alan deserves a reward for coming back from the dead!
Your medic appears to be having a crisis of competence, for he looks unable to fix your leg. Although his squirming and retching is quite entertaining.

Well, no matter. You have food to think of. So you resort to use your ability to bring forth food.
"Food!" you command, but nothing happens. You try again, but the nothing continues. Hmm... Maybe you're doing something wrong? Or is it simply taking a long time to get here again?
It takes a few more seconds of trying, but eventually a half eaten and slightly glowing chocolate bar manifests itself in a dim flash of purple light and falls on the couch. Hmm.... Maybe you're doing something wrong? There must be a better way to do this. Well, you suppose you can ponder that after eating that snack.

((Yeah, I could burn myself...
and I'd forgotten about the bag...
that actually helps a ton, though I still... but...
heh, ok, idea time. thank you Paris.))

thanks for lifting me so close to your chest and face asshole.
"Ike don't do it! These men have no honor! Doing what they say won't stop them!"
My eyes flick around, looking for kassiver while my eyesight is still good.
and when his count hits "2" I change to full-fox form.

as soon as the change is complete, I snatch up the flames left from my transformation, from the burning cloth, from any nearby lanterns, whereever I can, I funnel it all on to the guard that *was* holding me. at the same time (and as a lower priority - abandoning this second part if I have to pick one part or another to keep active), I reach out around me and drag upwards all flames that I'm not manipulating directly. specifically aiming to catch the inner flames of the guards and a certain invisible mad mage. lowest priority - physically, I want to get some distance from the guards while keeping alert to Kassiver
You start the process of your transformation, but a few moments in, you feel something even more wrong than the usual pain. You feel like your body is being stretched more than it can handle, being ripped apart. You fall down on the ground with your fox body, but you can't move well. You can't feel your front legs. There's only pain in their place.

You launch a desperate attack on where you last saw the guard regardless, fighting through the nausea of your transformation and the pain of your missing legs. You don't get to see the results before you fall unconscious.

Campaign, Ike!

Ike chews one way, then the other, then shrugs.

"Mmph," he says without opening his mouth, acknowledging the guard's flattery with a thankful smile and a nod.

Listen for anybody else moving about until Irine changes shape. Like good ol' Kassiver. Do I see him or hear him anyplace? Look thoughtful, as if I'm actually considering what the other yob is saying.

Then, once Irine does her thing, charge the guard not holding her and spit the contents of my mouth in his face while trying my best to slice open any parts of him not covered by armor.

You politely ignore the man while you listen for any indication of where your former victim is so that you can finish murdering it. Unfortunately, you fail to hear anything sounding like him. Even if you could hear him shuffling about, people seem to be more concerned about the fact that their temporary dwellings are on fire.

Well, no matter. The wait gives you enough time for your headache to pass. So the moment the guard's hostage spontaneously combusts, you assault the other standing guard. Your distraction combined with your speed means he has little chance to react. Your sword hits him hard in the jaw, knocking him to the ground along with a few of his teeth. That looked painful.

You look away from the fight when you hear a scream. Hm. Looks like firefox misplaced her front legs, short stumps and two widening pools of blood left in their place. That doesn't look very healthy. Might be time to bugger off and try to find a way to help her (or just run away and frankly not give a damn about your dear).

On the bright side, that white stuff her arms had is gone with them. And she appears to have managed to severely damage the face of the guard that was attacking her, enough to cause him to fall to the ground. Probably the source of the scream you heard.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3902 on: May 02, 2015, 02:45:37 am »

Welp, I'm unconscious now...
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #3903 on: May 02, 2015, 02:48:08 am »

((Yo, do I post character apps here or would a PM be better?))
thincake

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3904 on: May 02, 2015, 02:51:19 am »

((Yo, do I post character apps here or would a PM be better?))
((we're sometimes PvP so a PM would be the tactically better choice - but posting the application in here works just fine too))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #3905 on: May 02, 2015, 02:52:29 am »

((oh, yeah. That makes a fair amount of sense.))
thincake

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3906 on: May 02, 2015, 03:03:18 am »

Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3907 on: May 02, 2015, 03:12:24 am »

Alan offers the chocolate bar to Nikolai.

Hey guy, want a candy? I dunno why I'm not doing this powers thing right, but I can get other candy bits.

Eat it if he refuses.

Now c'mon, my squeals will only sound like 78 percent pig, put my leg back already.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3908 on: May 02, 2015, 07:02:37 am »

Campaign, Ike!

"Wait a minute, that was the wrong side! Silly me!"

Slit the throats of as many of the three guards as I can manage (or stab them in the throat if that's faster and more efficient, that works as well). Start with the one in front of me, then the burned one, then the one I bit.

Then fetch Irine. Check if she's about to die and if anyone's coming along to also die horribly. If no trouble aside from her dying or everything else burning is impending, steal the armor of the guy who best fits my build and put as much of it on as I can, then remove a significant amount of said individual's intestines for future use.

Also, do I remember the smell of Kassiver's blood and body?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3909 on: May 02, 2015, 07:05:00 am »

((oh, yeah. That makes a fair amount of sense.))
It's what I did. Although I'm not sure a punch could get through solid metal...
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3910 on: May 02, 2015, 10:54:48 am »

That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3911 on: May 02, 2015, 06:31:51 pm »

Campaign

Welp, I'm unconscious now...
Well, Ike doesn't appear to be helping you, so... Let's see if you at least manage to wake up on your own or do any good endurance rolls...
*rolls*
Well, at least you're not dead yet.

Campaign, Ike!

"Wait a minute, that was the wrong side! Silly me!"

Slit the throats of as many of the three guards as I can manage (or stab them in the throat if that's faster and more efficient, that works as well). Start with the one in front of me, then the burned one, then the one I bit.

Then fetch Irine. Check if she's about to die and if anyone's coming along to also die horribly. If no trouble aside from her dying or everything else burning is impending, steal the armor of the guy who best fits my build and put as much of it on as I can, then remove a significant amount of said individual's intestines for future use.

Also, do I remember the smell of Kassiver's blood and body?

The man lying on the ground in front of you tries to dodge, but you manage to stab him through the chest. That's going to be bad for his ability to breathe. You let him bleed/choke to death and move on to the next one.

You approach the burnt man without him noticing you as he is thrashing about, but you somehow manage to miss. The guard seems to have heard your failed strike though and attempts to blindly swing his sword in your direction, but it's laughably easy to evade his strike. You don't even need to move for you to do so. Your next strike hits him right between the eyes and almost cleaves his head in two. You'd say that unless there's weird magical stuff happening, he's pretty dead now.

The final one is the one you bit, who seems to have fallen unconscious. You stab him a few times just to be sure, since you never know and you've had unpleasant experiences with that kind of thing before.

Having slaughtered everyone rather nicely, you try to take a guy's guts. For what reason, nobody knows. Maybe you want to have the guts to face your enemies, literally? Maybe you plan to strangle people with them? Use the guts as rope? To make a bowstring or a string instrument? Who knows. Regardless, you somehow manage to completely cut them to pieces in the process.

Did I mention armour? I don't think I ever mentioned any armour for those guards. They just carry swords. Rovan (the young man you met in the perimeter) had armour.

And sure, you remember the guy's scent. Your memory is not that bad.

A small crowd chanced upon you during your demonstration of the basics of human corpse mutilation. Most of them run away the moment they realised what was going on. A few curious ones are still watching, hiding the moment you turn to look at them. They look terrified.

Alan offers the chocolate bar to Nikolai.

Hey guy, want a candy? I dunno why I'm not doing this powers thing right, but I can get other candy bits.

Eat it if he refuses.

Now c'mon, my squeals will only sound like 78 percent pig, put my leg back already.
You bung the chocolate bar into your mouth and start chewing. Hmm... It's nice, sweet, making your hungry mouth water... And then it's gone. It completely disappears from inside your mouth, leading to you biting your tongue. Ouch.

You were fed misleading candy! Preposterous!
« Last Edit: May 02, 2015, 06:37:29 pm by Parisbre56 »

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3912 on: May 02, 2015, 06:35:03 pm »

Come on Nikolai, stop being a wimp. Just pop his ankle back into place.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3913 on: May 02, 2015, 06:37:39 pm »

Come on Nikolai, stop being a wimp. Just pop his ankle back into place.
You attempt to fix Alan's foot again with various violent motions. Alan manages to stay surprisingly quiet about his pain during all this.

You have little idea about what you're doing or if it's right, but you at least manage to make it stop moving around unnaturally. Alan is still feeling pain though and can't move it that well. Might be better if he just got a crutch and help from someone who is not as likely to cut his foot off as he is to heal him.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3914 on: May 02, 2015, 09:09:06 pm »

But I don' wana bleed to death!
Pages: 1 ... 259 260 [261] 262 263 ... 521