Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 251 252 [253] 254 255 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1128166 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: In the line of fire
« Reply #3780 on: April 03, 2015, 04:43:45 am »

((You're going full Halesley.))

((I just wonder how the talky wizard guy fits into the nascent Unified Potato Theory.))

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3781 on: April 03, 2015, 06:27:16 am »

((I'm sure D would be happy to paint a smiley face on your helmet.))
((Facial expressions aside, that would make Saevus even more terrifying to the ordinary man, I think. Imagine a soldier frozen in terror as a giant clad in armor effortlessly crushes and maims his brothers in arms and friends before the figure moves in to kill him as well. The last thing he sees? A smiley face covered in blood.))

What's this about tapping into the Staging Area? Sounds mighty interesting. Do it.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3782 on: April 03, 2015, 10:58:36 am »

Hmm.

"Hey Zero, how do the Move, Stop, and Reconfigure buttons work?  I can't get them to do anything."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3783 on: April 03, 2015, 12:12:36 pm »

Walk to the area on the hill which I'm trying to get to.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3784 on: April 03, 2015, 01:15:38 pm »

((dialogue edit complete))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3785 on: April 03, 2015, 07:48:49 pm »

Staging Area

Hmm.

"Hey Zero, how do the Move, Stop, and Reconfigure buttons work?  I can't get them to do anything."
<When depressed the buttons allow electricity to flow through them. A circuit creates a signal that reaches the core unit, where it is interpreted. Their respective functions are activated if the environmental and internal parameters are correct.>
<They are currently operating within acceptable parameters as intended.>

((I'm sure D would be happy to paint a smiley face on your helmet.))
((Facial expressions aside, that would make Saevus even more terrifying to the ordinary man, I think. Imagine a soldier frozen in terror as a giant clad in armor effortlessly crushes and maims his brothers in arms and friends before the figure moves in to kill him as well. The last thing he sees? A smiley face covered in blood.))

What's this about tapping into the Staging Area? Sounds mighty interesting. Do it.
((Heeeeeere's Johnny!))

You wish you were more powerful. The air around you distorts and becomes brighter. And now you suddenly are, the runes on you glowing more vibrantly, changing colour more quickly. You feel like you're 200 years old again.

Campaign

"No, He is under my protection. I won't put him at risk for my gain."
I sigh
"The problem is, you've made yourself quite clear. You think I'm a monster, and intend to use me for your own benefit as best you can, and you'll try to destroy or enslave me if given half a chance. You even said that it's what any good man would do. By your own words, you aren't trustworthy."
"and I believe you."
"I think we'd both benefit if you cast the divination you desire, but if I give you permission to try it, that isn't what you'll do. instead, you'll attack me with whatever spell you think has the best chance of disabling or killing me, and then perform your experiments on my body. If this is how your people treat all nonhumans, then I see why they're all are hostile to you."
"Why should I trust you, xenophobic mage of unknown capability?"
I tilt my head to my right side and meet him eye to eye, watching for him to look away, my next words calm and quiet.
"Why should I trust someone who judges people by what they are, instead of whom they are?"
I pause for a moment, still staring at him.
"Go ahead and ask your questions."
"So this is how it is? I treat you well, I try to forget what you did to us and what you are, I give you food and water and offer you shelter, I share with you secrets few know and all you have to offer me are useless answers, mistrust and insults? This is how you repay me for my hospitality?"
He doesn't look happy. The flame inside the lantern starts wobbling slightly.
"All right then. I have a question for you."
He gets up from his seat, puts his hands on the table and leans forward, staring at you aggressively.
"What kind of fair compensation can you offer? What do you have to offer that would make up for what I have given you? What can you do... What...
What in the Void is going on out there?"

Kassiver's attention shifts to somewhere behind you. A moment later, he starts walking around the table.
"Stay here. We are not finished." he orders you as he starts walking away.

Campaign, Ike!

Continue to listen.

But also begin to recontextualize the events of the past, present and future in the light of potato. It is an involved process, naturally.

"You said something about me?"
"No."
"Hey, I'm trying to be good here man. But if you're going to be like that then let us go at it, right here right now!"
"That's not what I-"
"I try to talk to you, nothing."
"Look, all I want is a quiet shift and I really don't-"
"Well maybe I don't want a quiet shift. You've been nothing but boring. I want something to happen."

There's a soft sound that quickly alternates between loud and quiet, something like the vibration from a particularly loud bus somewhere very far away reaching you, barely audible.
*quiet*
"I just want you to know, I blame you for that."

((I have no idea what an involved process is. Or know much about your past other than that you are from a forest that has a university. And I'm pretty sure you can't predict the future. I can try to recontextualize your missions. Let's see...))

Well, you suppose some of your enemies were treacherous, like potatoes hiding underground. And one of them literally tried to peel you with its scythe-hands. One of your companions is a couch potato, literally in a way. Could perhaps everyone that you have met be considered to have the traits of a potato? How could your current companion resemble a potato, you wonder.

You have persevered like a potato. And you listen like a potato listens to the ground and the air and the sun to change and grow, to act at the best possible moment. Potatoes have no ears though, they do not listen as well as you can... or do they? Perhaps they listen to the entire world, every vibration reaching them through the ground. Perhaps they listen at a different level, a mystic level.

OOC
Have you ever read You are a Necromancer? If not, go read it here: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=96692.0
Monk started updating it again. Yay!
« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 10:45:55 pm by Parisbre56 »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3786 on: April 03, 2015, 11:23:46 pm »

I get up and walk with him.
"At no point have I deceived you, you are the one that proposed our current agreement and discussion. If you dislike those terms, then you shouldn't have made them. My words are the natural extension of your own, and you have also offered offense. The scales are balanced, I do not owe you compensation."
"As I said, it is your turn to ask, and mine to answer. ask your questions."
if he objects to me following him, then I simply walk out the tent ahead of him and ask the guards outside:
"Um, excuse me, what's going on out here?"
« Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 01:17:56 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3787 on: April 03, 2015, 11:35:04 pm »

((Who else was on this campaign mission? I've kinda forgotten.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3788 on: April 04, 2015, 03:26:40 am »

(("Involved" means it requires an investment of resources, time and attention, and thus not possible to do quickly. And Ike's forest doesn't have a college, I will add.))

Campaign, Ike!

Listen, hey, listen!

If talky wizard allows Irine to walk with him to his no doubt impending doom, slink after them in a humble, nigh-invisible slavelike fashion.

((Who else was on this campaign mission? I've kinda forgotten.))

((Ike, Irine, Zechariah, Nikolai, Alan and... Theri, yeah.))
« Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 03:36:38 am by Harry Baldman »

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3789 on: April 04, 2015, 05:22:39 am »

((What's going on? Is Mission 3 still happening? Can I start a character? I only read the first and second posts.))
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3790 on: April 04, 2015, 05:39:37 am »

((What's going on? Is Mission 3 still happening? Can I start a character? I only read the first and second posts.))
((Mission 3 is over. Well, the survival one. Campaign is still going on. There's a tournament right now. And yeah, Paris said that new players are welcome.))

akkudakku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3791 on: April 04, 2015, 01:08:08 pm »

Spoiler: High speed, low drag. (click to show/hide)

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3792 on: April 04, 2015, 01:17:52 pm »

"Aye, 'tis quite an enjoyable feeling."

How about a proper warning shot this time. I mean, it does look like he stopping playing around with this menacing poking implement of his, but maybe he didn't notice the first one.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3793 on: April 04, 2015, 04:09:12 pm »

Second chance round

Bryan, Tournament
"A shame if I were to be killed by this event instead of a contestant."
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Walk to the area on the hill which I'm trying to get to.
Spoiler: High speed, low drag. (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Bound forward! (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Keep on trucking (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Like a bus! (click to show/hide)

Everyone
There is a faint green haze coming from the top of the hill, as if aerosolized glowstick fluid is seeping from somewhere on it.

<The objective is being captured.>

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

OOC
Got to go, I'll do the others later.

akkudakku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3794 on: April 04, 2015, 04:19:58 pm »

Spoiler: Double time! (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 251 252 [253] 254 255 ... 521