Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 243 244 [245] 246 247 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1128531 times)

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: First Blood!
« Reply #3660 on: March 12, 2015, 10:26:45 am »

Saevus, Tournament

"It appears that the victor is decided."

Spoiler: TAKE THAT! (click to show/hide)

((Noticed a different thing. Gave me quite a chuckle for some reason.))
Alarith VS Bryan
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3661 on: March 12, 2015, 10:44:32 am »

Campaign

Campaign, Ike!

((Water in your breath should already be evaporated, if that's what you mean.))

Does it (the food, not the bowl, unless the latter seems like it's made of something edible as well) seem warm yet? Eat it if yes. Breathe on it some more if not.
((I meant this. Although that question mentions blowing, so maybe it's different if you simply breathe on it or if you breathe on the bowl instead of the liquid. Anyway, just saying, not that it's very important.))

You touch the bowl. It's a bit warm. You don't think it can get much hotter than this. It's like trying to heat something with a candle. You lift the bowl and put some of the soup in your mouth, biting the chunks of bread in it a bit before swallowing it. The food has not yet reached the same temperature, but you assume it will get there soon. As expected, it tastes bread-y.

"The beastman I was with is one I've been traveling with for quite some time now. He came with me, and as far as I'm aware, he's unrelated to any beastmen from around here. Could you tell me how well your people and the local beastmen have been coexisting?"
The man looks thoughtful, his tense expression making his face appear even more wrinkled.
"Hm... I see no reason for you to lie... Your presence here is suspicious... And to be frank, I'd prefer it if you were not here. I have enough things to keep me occupied as it is."
He leans back and relaxes a bit.
"But as long as you cause no trouble, I have no reason to do something about you. Like I said, I have enough troubles as it is."

"To answer your question, from what I've heard, after the campaign to the north and with all the things happening in the elves' domain, beastmen raids have become less frequent."

"I've read some books on the subject, but I'm not sure how much of the information in them is true. I have always said we needed more research on the subject. Other than that, I've only seen them as prisoners during the victory parade. Heard they sometimes had fights with them in the arena, but I've never gone there myself. It is common knowledge that they are raiders that plunder our villages and kill our people, raiders that cannot be appeased or be reasoned with."

"And recent experience has done nothing to prove that wrong. Apparently, there must have been some hiding in the city, for after its destruction, there have been some attacks on our people. The survivors say there are some with the form of rodents, as well as some with the form of insects."

"Why do you need to know that? Where do you come from? Why are you here? What is your relationship with that beastman? Or this man, for that matter?"
He sounds less like he's interrogating you and more like he's genuinely interested now.

OOC
@Wolfkit & Toaster: Like I said, you are both very powerful but neither of you is really a fighter. So it really came down to luck, who would manage to hit the other first. That's why I found it incredibly funny when you both managed to hit each other at the same round and with lethal results. But John's rolls were better, so...

To answer Wolfkit's question, I would suggest immediately attacking John with lasers instead of bothering with the raygun, since your lasers can bypass cover. With a good roll you could had either blinded him or outright hurt him, preventing him from retaliating and slowing him down greatly, forcing him to focus on protecting/healing himself, thus allowing you more time to pummel him and keep him on the defensive. Or even get a lucky kill. Of course, that had the downside that you had to remain stationary and failure would mean you just wasted time sitting still and allowed him to generate more equipment.

Other than that, you could had used the environment. For example, you could had used the maintenance hallways to flank John in that hallway.

The environment in general offered a lot of opportunities depending on where you are. For example, if you were battling over some vats full of bubbling acid/toxins/lava, you could had shot/lasered the walkway (which would be an easier, stationary target) instead of your opponent to cause them to fall down.

Or for more extreme/dangerous things, you could had unleashed some biological test subjects and then run in the opposite direction, hoping they'd take care of the other. Or you could had gone to the security office and retrieved some better weapons and armour. Or you could had gone to the AI and used your higher privileges to convince it and its cyborgs to help you. Or to the robotics labs to try and get a nice exoskeleton. Or to the energetic material testing to find something that can make a big boom.

Or for even more extreme/dangerous things, you could had gone to the secondary nuclear reactor, overloaded it and then escape through an elevator to the surface. Or you could had gone to the AI core and upload yourself. If the (rather dangerous) procedure was successful, it would make the game a lot harder for your opponent since at that point it would be more like a strategy game for you. Or retrieve a gas mask and flood the entire complex with CO2 through life support. Or even better, seal yourself in life support and flood the entire complex with aerosolized biohorror blood or a toxin or some other dangerous material.

Not that you could had known, hindsight 20/20 and all that. Just saying. You did really good, considering the circumstances.

@Hawk: Oh dear. I need to stop writing turns when half asleep.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 10:47:50 am by Parisbre56 »

Wolfkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3662 on: March 12, 2015, 11:00:19 am »

((Looks like I underestimated the penetrating power of my laser, then. Ah well. On the bright side, this soldifies what the first upgrade I'm going for is))
You wanna frisk this guy? This guy with the technicolor wonder limbs? The limbs that could probably slap you on several different levels of reality?
Your tabs are just pure chaos, Wolfkit.
Sig

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3663 on: March 12, 2015, 11:05:10 am »

((I did mean just plain exhalation, which doesn't ventilate quite as much. Though now it occurs to me that it'd be more effective just to take the food in my hands.))

Campaign, Ike!

Eat up quick. Check how much less hungry I am. Might still need a corpse to hit that spot.

Don't look at anyone cannibalistically, though. Just as a side note.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3664 on: March 12, 2015, 11:07:32 am »

((There's an upgrade I didn't take that would have been really useful for this round.  I thought about it soon after I made my choices, but figured I was happy enough with what I took.

Paris, if you're curious, it's the farthest right one.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3665 on: March 12, 2015, 12:48:48 pm »

"I'm from another dimension, another world, and I and my companions are here to hunt down a murderer. I need to know that kind of thing because we don't know enough about the world we're currently in. The being we're hunting is a dimension-hopping shapechanger, a powerful one, that is capable of slowly bending reality itself around it to a limited extent. We know that it isn't nearby, and know the general direction it fled in, but we've stopped here for a while because several of our people got hurt. They're healing ok, and just need time, so we split up to each do as we wish while we wait."

"As for where I'm from? Well, as a group, we're a group of experts that were gathered together to handle dangerous tasks by a group of absurdly powerful beings actually related in kind to the creature we're hunting. Each of my companions is actually highly capable at what they do, and we all hail from different worlds or dimensions. So when you ask where we're from, depending on who you ask, you're going to get a different answer every time. I'm... well, my answer depends on if you ask what my home is like, or what it used to be, because the fabric of my home dimension itself fell apart around us, and as far as I'm aware, I'm the only survivor. If you or I ever tried to go to my home, if we're lucky it would fail, if we succeeded we'd die instantly. What it used to be though..."

I sigh and pull my legs up against me in the chair and hold them, staring up at the ceiling.

"It used to be beautiful world, handcrafted by a group of 10 gods, each with a planet or moon of their own to create what they saw fit on, and they each created a different kind of place of wonder, each amazing in their own right. The moon I was born on was a hollow cave world, full of magma and moss. A land without day or night, steadilly lit by the bioluminecent glow of the plants on the walls. A land with giant slugs and spiders, with foxes and centipedes, with humans and ferns and hot springs and amazing tunnels and caves all through it, all hidden on the inside. It was mine, and I loved it. It was literally a part of me, and I knew every plant and creature, every rock and stone. I still feel the void where they used to be, the phantom pains from all the limbs that aren't there anymore. I was free there. Free to play, to simply be a kid when I wanted to be, to be in whichever form and wanted and nobody cared. People trusted me, and I could just wander around and just BE. It was... It was so wonderful... so very very wonderful. so... so..."

I shake my head back and forth, reminding myself of where I am, and after looking back at Kassiver and realizing my posture, I lower my legs and set my hands back in my lap where they belong.

"But um, um, a-uh, W-what about you? and here? and stuff? Could I get a quick geography lesson? And maybe teach me some of how your world's magic works? It keeps trying to link with me and mess with my flames. I think it's because I'm kinda fire at the core, and that makes me suck up fire magic or something? I don't really understand it all that well, but I think I might be able to augment my natural abilities with your fire magic if you were willing to teach me. Magic here is really different from back home."
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3666 on: March 12, 2015, 01:38:14 pm »

group of experts
hohohohoho
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3667 on: March 12, 2015, 01:49:58 pm »

group of experts
hohohohoho
((Alan is an expert at what he does))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3668 on: March 12, 2015, 01:55:05 pm »

BITE this person, and then clamp my jaws down. Try to get my jaws positioned at the waist. See if I can bisect them with this bite. If things start going unfavorably, quickly use biomass to cover my carapace with spikes to stop any unarmed melee blows.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3669 on: March 12, 2015, 01:55:40 pm »

group of experts
hohohohoho
((Alan is an expert at what he does))
((...in that way, yes.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3670 on: March 12, 2015, 01:57:58 pm »

((I'd describe him as more of a talent than an expert. A prodigy, even.))

Wolfkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3671 on: March 12, 2015, 02:03:02 pm »

((We are experts in causing collateral damage))
You wanna frisk this guy? This guy with the technicolor wonder limbs? The limbs that could probably slap you on several different levels of reality?
Your tabs are just pure chaos, Wolfkit.
Sig

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3672 on: March 12, 2015, 02:26:57 pm »

((I'd describe him as more of a talent than an expert. A prodigy, even.))

((A wild talent, even.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3673 on: March 12, 2015, 03:42:43 pm »

Rip that thing on me in half
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3674 on: March 12, 2015, 04:16:51 pm »

Bryan Tournament
"Hrgh...Not Over...Quite Yet. One Chance"
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!
Pages: 1 ... 243 244 [245] 246 247 ... 521