Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 242 243 [244] 245 246 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1128596 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Let's get ready to rumble!
« Reply #3645 on: March 10, 2015, 12:46:27 pm »

Campaign, Ike!

(That's just his current Chaotic Hungry alignment talking, I'm sure.)

"Fooood," Ike draws out. "Thank you, massah," he then says to Irine, keeping his eyes low. "You are very kind massah. Thank you massah again."

Smell the food. Breathe on it to help the warming. Taste a little bit once it's ready. Does it seem in any way poisonous? Don't eat it if it does.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 02:01:35 pm by Harry Baldman »

Wolfkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3646 on: March 10, 2015, 01:18:08 pm »

"You know, if you don't take the initiative this could last quite a while."

You wanna frisk this guy? This guy with the technicolor wonder limbs? The limbs that could probably slap you on several different levels of reality?
Your tabs are just pure chaos, Wolfkit.
Sig

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3647 on: March 10, 2015, 01:32:59 pm »

Tournament

Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3648 on: March 10, 2015, 02:00:59 pm »

Clamp my teeth onto his midsection, drag him off of the cell, and slam him into something solid. Like a wall. If he begins resisting, thrash him around a bit to disorient him, and mess him up with G-Forces.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3649 on: March 10, 2015, 02:18:57 pm »

"Who says I haven't already!"

Spoiler: Mua to the ha ha. (click to show/hide)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3650 on: March 10, 2015, 02:31:30 pm »

Ow.

Slam my fist into that thing that hit me.
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3651 on: March 10, 2015, 03:10:49 pm »

Campaign

Zechariah sighs wistfully, his mind being drawn back to the countless hours that he spent in the Medium, tinkering with the fabric of the universe. Changing a single element in the parameters of any universe could drastically change the outcome. It was important that he practiced with his abilities. He would need it later on when he came around to fulfilling the contract between him and Artemis.

Indeed,there would be both wonderful and dreary memories associated with the Medium. For now, however, he had a new job to do. He couldn't afford to focus on the big picture. He still had questions over the decisions that he made. Maybe there was something else he could've done to fulfill his contract.

Maybe he would never know.

Sighing again, he begins to spout his stream of consciousness again. Hopefully, this would draw his mood away from the terrible thoughts that began to cloud his mind. "Yes, it was pleasant. That was the best thing about it. I could do anything, I could be anything, I could create anything. It was not impossible, and it was impossible at the same time. This was only possible because the Medium connected all living things, and was with nothing at all. I'm... probably repeating what I said before. But I don't feel that there's any other way to explain in without committing and injustice against the Medium itself.

"It wasn't without its faults, though. The Medium was both the source of my happiness and the source of my nightmares. It reminded me that I was just putting myself into a delusion, trying to ignore the Shadow and everything that I was fighting against. It was a lost cause. We were fighting against an avalanche, and I knew it. My friends knew it. The gods above knew it. We were starting to lose morale, all of us. We tried to keep our spirits up, but it's hard to do so when you continue to see people you love fall to their own Shadows.

"Maybe this sounds like nothing to you. You probably could have fought off all of the Shadows by yourself. But for us, it was a tough time. The Medium did not provide without its own faults - I mean, without my faults. It was.. me. I was the one who screwed everything up."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3652 on: March 10, 2015, 06:43:21 pm »

"No, I..." I pause for a moment, thinking on how to say what I want to say.
"I suppose this is a social call, of sorts? This place and your people remind me a lot of home. I just wanted to spend some time here before continuing on my way. Um, who would I supposedly be negotiating for anyway? I speak only for myself, and only recently arrived in the area. Is there someone you thought I represented? What exactly did those three from the well tell you anyway?"
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3653 on: March 11, 2015, 02:29:29 pm »

((I was really busy yesterday))
Bryan, Tournament
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Special People: First Blood!
« Reply #3654 on: March 11, 2015, 10:22:57 pm »

Toaster VS Wolfkit

"Who says I haven't already!"

Spoiler: Mua to the ha ha. (click to show/hide)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"You know, if you don't take the initiative this could last quite a while."

John opens his palm and awaits for the fruit of his labour to fall on it, a rather large device the size of a rugby "ball", filled with whirling gears and glowing bits. When complete, it falls in his palm, fitting perfectly in it. Without thinking he raises his arm, gets out of the corner and throws the device as hard as he can. A moment later, he notices a rather thick line of glowing air approaching him, distorting the air around it in a way the indicates extreme heat. If that wasn't enough to indicate how dangerous it is, it's cutting right through the walls of the hallway and a good part of the wall behind them.
<I think I've seen this one before... Yeah, in that film with the zombies with the umbrellas. The guy tries to jump but the laser goes up, right?>
John stumbles backwards, but before he has time to do anything else, the beam goes through him. He falls to the floor, now half the man he was. He hears the other half of his body fall to the ground a moment later.

At the same time, Welroki writes furiously on his notepad, solving one of his largest equations yet. The moment he is done, drawing a line at the bottom of his notepad to signify that all is done, he catches sight of something with his peripheral vision. He looks up to see something coming his way, something like- Ow! It hit him in the face! What is that? Looks like a giant... football? And it's... ticking?
<Should had spent some time playing sports, nerd!>

Welroki spends several moments looking at the strange contraption ticking in front of him.

There is a "Ding!" and the clicking stops.

Another moment passes. Nothing happens.

Welroki lifts his arms in the air.
"Haha! It's a dud! A useless paperweight! I knew it! Your inferior engineering can never win over my mastery of sci-"
Welroki kicks the ball. It glows green. It distorts space around it, sucking in everything, air, walls, sound, light and of course Welroki. It becomes a single point of light and disappears with a pop.

And then it explode outwards, coating the remains of the hallway in the shrapnel that resulted from the spaghettification of whatever it absorbed.

A robot stands over John's corpse, holding a broom on its hand, humming something as it sweeps.
"Oh dear. What a mess you've made this time." he says before lifting the two parts of John's body and stuffing them in its cleaning cart's bags.
"Oh well. Back to the cloning chamber. Again. What is it? Third time this month?"
The robot sighs and closes the bags, plunging John's corpse in darkness.

<By virtue of being in less pieces than his opponent, and dying a few moment later than him, John is victorious.>
There is the sound of a rather unenthusiastic party horn.
<Congratulations. You suck slightly less than your opponent.>
<Hey, it's his victory man! He earned it, let him enjoy it!>

<Player 13 defeated. Player 13 will participate in the second chance round.
Player 5 is victorious. Player 5 advances to round 2.>

You are back in that dark and cyan grid you were earlier, but in different positions. John appears to have moved to one of those elevated pillars, while Welroki is in a rather large square.

Roger appears in front of John in a shower of golden sparks and immediately proceeds to stick the giant microphone he is holding to his face before bombarding him with "questions".
"So, John, that final attack of yours really sucked, in a good way. I bet your opponent was really blown away by your performance. I'm betting it will be hard for him to pick up the pieces now. Because you sure did a good job scattering his hopes. Still, I bet your experience was half as bad as his. Perhaps getting hit by Welroki's great glowing shaft is something that will leave you fragmented, even if he half-assed it. Don't worry, feeling a bit disconnected is perfectly normal after loosing your better half."

((Heh, those rolls.
And once again, it looks like I spent a lot of time designing a map and only a tiny fraction of it ever got used. The two of you just killed each other in a boring old hallway. Oh well.))

Alarith VS Hawk132

((I was really busy yesterday))
Bryan, Tournament
Tournament

You spend several seconds pointing at each other with nothing happening, looking like a print screen from a game about lawyers.
((Rolling again, because damn those rolls.))
Eventually, Saevus wakes up. The runes on his golden arm light up and before he can do much, Bryan finds himself travelling towards Saevus' fist at high speed. The metal arm hits him hard in the chest. Bryan screams, a scream that ends in him coughing blood. He's pretty sure he broke a bone or three. The pain is really bad.
<No! You can't end the fight like that!>
And Bryan does not intend to. He fights as hard as he can, trying to get himself free of Saevus' grip. He's not strong enough to push his metal fingers open, but he manages to push his sword-wielding arm away, managing to only receive a few minor cuts.

Salsacookies VS Coolrune206

Ow.

Slam my fist into that thing that hit me.
Clamp my teeth onto his midsection, drag him off of the cell, and slam him into something solid. Like a wall. If he begins resisting, thrash him around a bit to disorient him, and mess him up with G-Forces.
Rune tries and fails to push Ron, not being strong enough to manage anything. If anything, he appears to somehow manage to push Ron further away from the walls of the twisting capillaries of the lungs. Meanwhile, Ron manages to completely miss Rune, even though he's right there in his chest.
((Should I do the same as Alarith and Hawk and roll again whenever nothing happens?))

Campaign

Campaign

Zechariah sighs wistfully, his mind being drawn back to the countless hours that he spent in the Medium, tinkering with the fabric of the universe. Changing a single element in the parameters of any universe could drastically change the outcome. It was important that he practiced with his abilities. He would need it later on when he came around to fulfilling the contract between him and Artemis.

Indeed,there would be both wonderful and dreary memories associated with the Medium. For now, however, he had a new job to do. He couldn't afford to focus on the big picture. He still had questions over the decisions that he made. Maybe there was something else he could've done to fulfill his contract.

Maybe he would never know.

Sighing again, he begins to spout his stream of consciousness again. Hopefully, this would draw his mood away from the terrible thoughts that began to cloud his mind. "Yes, it was pleasant. That was the best thing about it. I could do anything, I could be anything, I could create anything. It was not impossible, and it was impossible at the same time. This was only possible because the Medium connected all living things, and was with nothing at all. I'm... probably repeating what I said before. But I don't feel that there's any other way to explain in without committing and injustice against the Medium itself.

"It wasn't without its faults, though. The Medium was both the source of my happiness and the source of my nightmares. It reminded me that I was just putting myself into a delusion, trying to ignore the Shadow and everything that I was fighting against. It was a lost cause. We were fighting against an avalanche, and I knew it. My friends knew it. The gods above knew it. We were starting to lose morale, all of us. We tried to keep our spirits up, but it's hard to do so when you continue to see people you love fall to their own Shadows.

"Maybe this sounds like nothing to you. You probably could have fought off all of the Shadows by yourself. But for us, it was a tough time. The Medium did not provide without its own faults - I mean, without my faults. It was.. me. I was the one who screwed everything up."

"I am not invincible. I am not eternal. Nothing is. In the end, the shadow always wins. Everybody dies. Everything ends. That is the way it has been. That is the way it will be."

"I have died many times. Failed many times. Watched those I was meant to protect die. And I know I will fail again. My life will end like the countless lives I have ended."

"I know you will die. I know that in time I will forget you and the pieces of you that remain, the pieces of me you touched and shaped, they will be so small they might as well not be there."

"I know these worlds will end, that there will be a time they are less than dust. There will come a time when the entities will be no more, when they will lie scattered and defeated. When the ones I care for the most will die and be no more."

"I dedicate myself to something grater than me, believe in it but even that will end. I have lived many lives, but a time will come I will be reborn no more."

"I pour my life into the worlds I live in and the ones close to me, the ones I touch and through those things I will live for timespans neither of us can comprehend, but even those pieces of me, that legacy, will die."

"Everybody looses in the end. That is not your fault. Even if it was, it does not matter now. It is in the past."

He stays quiet for some time.
That's kinda depressing. You don't think he understands the concept of pep talks very well.

"But I fight. We fight. We do not go quietly. We protest and howl and change the world, we destroy anyone and anything that stands in our way and ensure we are not destroyed in turn. We fight as hard as we can, we believe in what we are fighting for, we believe in our success. No matter what happens, how much we fail, how much we are hurt, how much we lose, we fight, we fight until the end, until the shadow wins and we are no more."

"That is what it means to be alive. That is what I feel deep in me. That is what I believe. That is what I have taught others. To accept what they are and become better. So I will fight. And so should you."

He pushes your chest with his index finger, putting a bit too much force behind it, causing your chest to hurt a bit.

"That is your fault. I have seen you give up. Do not give up. Do not accept the world as it is, do not let it push you, do not focus on your failures. Especially in the situation you are in, you cannot give up. You have to fight. As long as you keep fighting, I will not fault you for that. It might even make things easier for you and us considering... how things are with you."

Campaign, Ike!

(That's just his current Chaotic Hungry alignment talking, I'm sure.)

"Fooood," Ike draws out. "Thank you, massah," he then says to Irine, keeping his eyes low. "You are very kind massah. Thank you massah again."

Smell the food. Breathe on it to help the warming. Taste a little bit once it's ready. Does it seem in any way poisonous? Don't eat it if it does.
((Wouldn't breathing on something make it colder due to evaporation being accelerated? Anyway.))

You smell the food. It smells like water and bread. Some other very faint smells in there that you can't identify with anything in particular. Some of them smell a bit metallic-y. Probably standard impurities in the water. If he did put a poison in there, then it's probably the kind that can kill in very small amounts and those are usually rare.

Then again, this is not an earth world, so things might work differently. Maybe a "healer", especially a mage, would be able to carry a large amount of such a substance around. But wouldn't he be equally poisoned by touching it? Unless it needs to be ingested to work or it requires to be activated in some way. Or maybe he knows of an antidote he can quickly create or a spell that can heal him.

And him being a mage also means that he wouldn't even need to poison it, he could had cast some sort of spell on it or used some sort of alchemical ingredient on it. Perhaps one that is activated by the magical energy emitted by that lantern-like thing.

Maybe the poison is not even in the soup. Maybe the bowl itself is cursed and will burn you alive or turn you into a tiny ant the moment you drink from it.

You're probably overthinking things. Probably. And your stomach strongly agrees with that opinion. And it is not afraid to voice that very audibly.

"No, I..." I pause for a moment, thinking on how to say what I want to say.
"I suppose this is a social call, of sorts? This place and your people remind me a lot of home. I just wanted to spend some time here before continuing on my way. Um, who would I supposedly be negotiating for anyway? I speak only for myself, and only recently arrived in the area. Is there someone you thought I represented? What exactly did those three from the well tell you anyway?"
The man raises an eyebrow. Looks like he was not expecting this.
"Hm. So you say..."
He strokes his beard a bit.
"They said you were leading a beastman. That sounds to me like he was either under your protection or under your orders."
He leans forward a bit to look more closely at you.
"Do you claim you are completely unrelated to them? Or are you denying that they told the truth?"
He is still quiet and calm, but his tone is bordering that of an interrogation, like a detective questioning a witness or a parent trying to find which one of their children is to blame for some mischief.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 10:42:10 am by Parisbre56 »

Wolfkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3655 on: March 11, 2015, 10:51:13 pm »

((I'm trying to decide what I should have done differently... I'm not really sure, honestly. I had few openings and didn't roll well enough to do much of anything with them... John had that aromr so he probably had the advantage if I were to have been aggressive with advancing, but playing passive doesn't work well against John either...))
You wanna frisk this guy? This guy with the technicolor wonder limbs? The limbs that could probably slap you on several different levels of reality?
Sig

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3656 on: March 12, 2015, 12:25:06 am »

((I'd think bullrushing me would be the best bet, because I'm only going to get stronger with time.  I intentionally started defensive, knowing that I had a "good enough" weapon to start with.  The funny thing is that I was trying to trick you into following me back into the trap I laid behind me, and trying to flush you out with a frag grenade.  Had I not overshot that into a singularity bomb, you would have had that one.

Anyway, good fight!  May you do well in the second chance round.  Now I'll have to alter tactics for the semifinal!

EDIT: 4/4 for getting maimed))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3657 on: March 12, 2015, 12:30:07 am »

Campaign, Ike!

((Water in your breath should already be evaporated, if that's what you mean.))

Does it (the food, not the bowl, unless the latter seems like it's made of something edible as well) seem warm yet? Eat it if yes. Breathe on it some more if not.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3658 on: March 12, 2015, 12:51:43 am »

"The beastman I was with is one I've been traveling with for quite some time now. He came with me, and as far as I'm aware, he's unrelated to any beastmen from around here. Could you tell me how well your people and the local beastmen have been coexisting?"
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Wolfkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3659 on: March 12, 2015, 07:34:53 am »

((Nah, I'm pretty sure that with that good throw and my poor dodge, any grenade would have murderated me))
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 242 243 [244] 245 246 ... 521