Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 214 215 [216] 217 218 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1127831 times)

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Explosive Extraction
« Reply #3225 on: January 21, 2015, 10:45:07 am »

No car, no guns dropped. Shoot the rocket launcher where I pointed, and throw the guy I'm holding at them too. Afterwards, run off to another place.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 11:21:45 am by Salsacookies »
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3226 on: January 21, 2015, 11:01:11 am »

Campaign, Ike!

"You're gonna need to be more specific about what exactly I won't speak of anymore, 'cause if you mean all the gossip, then okay. If you mean something else, though, you're gonna need to tell me what exactly, otherwise I might let it slip by accident, since I really don't know the significance or deeper meaning of even the smallest sliver of all this bullshit and entity drama, you know. And please don't be set off by this, since I know you're kind of sensitive and all, I just need to know where the buttons are in order not to push them, see?"

"Anywho, where'd you put the rest of the soul spheres? Do we get them and rebuild the rest of my teammates now, or do you have a better plan?"

"Also, hey, Irene or Irine or whatever your actual name was! Firefox. How's it feel to be back in the land of the crappily living?"

Let's be chatty to the insufferable prick, shall we?

Also, is he still Mr. Beetle, or does he look different? Wolf form, maybe? This seems like it'd be important to establish.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3227 on: January 21, 2015, 11:12:07 am »

No car, no guns dropped. Shoot the rocket launcher where I pointed, and throw the guy I'm holding at them too.
Are you going to just stand there after that or are you actually doing something? I understand it if you are being optimistic and hoping you'll kill them all, but you might want to have a condition in case your plan doesn't work.

Campaign, Ike!

"You're gonna need to be more specific about what exactly I won't speak of anymore, 'cause if you mean all the gossip, then okay. If you mean something else, though, you're gonna need to tell me what exactly, otherwise I might let it slip by accident, since I really don't know the significance or deeper meaning of even the smallest sliver of all this bullshit and entity drama, you know. And please don't be set off by this, since I know you're kind of sensitive and all, I just need to know where the buttons are in order not to push them, see?"

"Anywho, where'd you put the rest of the soul spheres? Do we get them and rebuild the rest of my teammates now, or do you have a better plan?"

Let's be chatty to the insufferable prick, shall we?

Also, is he still Mr. Beetle, or does he look different? Wolf form, maybe? This seems like it'd be important to establish.

((Note: Irene can hear what he says now.))
<You will not speak about it. What happened during that time. Not a word. To anyone.>

<I need to see that they are fine first. Wait.>

When he was talking to you he was a humanoid warewolf-like thing. I assumed you were going to read Lenglon's stuff.
If you follow him beyond the crater now, you'll see that he has turned into a wolf during the time you weren't looking at him.
Oh and you can talk to Irene telepathically, but not to River.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 11:14:17 am by Parisbre56 »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3228 on: January 21, 2015, 11:16:05 am »

Pfp:
Irine, campaign

as I stumble out to where ike is.
to River:
<Remember why too. I've lost more than you ever will. Self-sacrifice is never worth it. No matter what I did to Theri, you could fix it. Protecting you is, for me, a better way to protect her than protecting her myself.>
To ike:
<Thank you. Where is everyone else?>
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3229 on: January 21, 2015, 11:22:20 am »

(Understood, added a condition. Just had the thought that running off would be an after action after I shot, and it'd be too many actions in one turn)
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3230 on: January 21, 2015, 11:28:53 am »

John shook his head.  "Well, that was a waste of time.  Hey Iron Man!  Let's get this ride tipped back over."

Tip car back over, get in, go.  Also help Bandage Man get a bandage going.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3231 on: January 21, 2015, 11:33:40 am »

Campaign, Ike!

((Oh, I just thought that since you didn't note any kind of difference at work in my turns and because of the mindfuckery in Lenglon's turn that there might be some shenanigans at play.))

"No trouble at all, fearless leader."

To ike:
<Thank you. Where is everyone else?>

<Dead, I'd assume. Very, very dead. Not permanently dead, mind you, dead like you were. River can probably put them back together, possibly sans some important features, like he did me.>

<Now then, quick debriefing, since you're probably very out of the loop at the moment. This is the city we were in before things went nuclear at the tower. Well, I assume, anyway, otherwise us being here would be some weird coincidence. There used to be people living here - they're kind of all dead now, or at least most of them are. Skulls, bones and loose clothing everywhere. Also, dancing lights in the skies, there's these little harmless ones we call Baubles and bigger ones that want to kill the shit out of you we call Discoballs. They come after you, you want to throw things at their center of mass. Or use flame powers, not sure if that'd work though, since there's magical shenanigans at work.>

<Oh, and River turned into this cool beetle monster, though he's back to being one of you weirdo beastmen now. Such a shame, insects are so underrated, though if you're gonna go big, guess mammalian's the best choice. Well, that or a plant, but being a plant doesn't seem like the Wolfman's style.>

Debrief, and while waiting/following River, seek materials (skulls, femurs, gravel, strips of cloth) to construct Skullflail.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 11:35:29 am by Harry Baldman »

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3232 on: January 21, 2015, 11:36:32 am »

Survival

Help out with the car and get in.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3233 on: January 21, 2015, 11:42:55 am »

Pfp:

To ike and river
<Dead? I... I wasn't the last one? Why...>
((Note: am using innate telepathy from foxform. Not necklace one.))
<are they missing? Is something wrong with their soul orbs? I... I was sure River would revive me last... if ever.>
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 11:51:40 am by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3234 on: January 21, 2015, 11:55:21 am »

<are they missing? Is something wrong with their soul orbs? I... I was sure River would revive me last... if ever.>

<I'm afraid that the precise rationale I must keep to myself due to a vow of secrecy, but rest assured that it was part of a very logical, well-reasoned plan. But anyway, you're alive! Rejoice! Dance on the ashes of civilization!>

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3235 on: January 21, 2015, 12:08:21 pm »

<oh yay. I survive for no reason when everyone else dies and doesn't even get a burial. Again. That is soooo much better! But hey, at least i get to share this one with the two people who hate me the most this time! What's even worse is that's an actual improvement! Rejoice! Death's coy laughter is right around the corner! I wonder if Zoe and Amelia will be dead when I get back too! But don't worry, I'll live through everything.  Nobody I care about will. But I get to survive for no reason! Yay!>

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3236 on: January 21, 2015, 01:02:01 pm »

<oh yay. I survive for no reason when everyone else dies and doesn't even get a burial. Again. That is soooo much better! But hey, at least i get to share this one with the two people who hate me the most this time! What's even worse is that's an actual improvement! Rejoice! Death's coy laughter is right around the corner! I wonder if Zoe and Amelia will be dead when I get back too! But don't worry, I'll live through everything.  Nobody I care about will. But I get to survive for no reason! Yay!>

<Hey, chin up! Maybe we can revive some people who hate you even more! Besides, only River actually hates you as far as I'm aware, I'm more just ambivalent on your continued existence because you happen to rub me every possibly wrong way and because you're secretly a nascent lizard overlord, but I can't in all honesty say I hate you, at least no more than I would or have any other coworker. And also I don't think I respect you much because you insist on being a perpetual poopyhead. But that's all it is, baby! I don't wish you any harm! I just don't care if you get hurt! And if you hurt yourself and others in an amusing fashion, that gets you quite a few bonus points in my book, and I can't say accidentally blowing everything up wasn't an absolutely perfect method of improving my disposition toward the general concept of you.>

Within those thoughts, no sarcasm is at all perceptible.

<Also, I've always imagined death to have more of a Santa (not Satan, easy mistake to make) kind of laugh, personally, more of a "HO-HO-HO" in the dark, if you will, getting the diaphragm fully involved. But anyway, welcome back, glad to see you in top form and complaining about the precious miracle of resurrection in no time flat. Next thing you know, River will bring back Theri and all you'll think about is just that the soul sphere is just a compilation of all your bodily information rather a fragment of your being, so the real Theri and real you (and real me, though I can't imagine you'd be broken up about that since you hate me and all) are actually still dead and you're just an imitation made from a cracked, damaged soul sphere, and none of you can even remember what exactly of the original you has been lost forever, like bits of your childhood or people you knew or something else entirely, and whatever you've forgotten or lost in the process, you'll never know you had in the first place, which may in fact be the saddest thing of all.>

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3237 on: January 21, 2015, 04:33:00 pm »

<That 'am I real?' thing is nothing new. I am not a lizard and... you... I don't know what you're trying to do. Are... are you trying to cheer me up by making me mad? I... you're confusing...>

((EDIT: no longer posting from phone, adding some body language.))

I pull my head back from its forward-leaning position and relax my tails, looking up at Ike.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 05:03:27 pm by Lenglon »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3238 on: January 21, 2015, 06:17:53 pm »

Campaign

((Ike wins at psychology forever.))

Campaign, Ike!

Debrief, and while waiting/following River, seek materials (skulls, femurs, gravel, strips of cloth) to construct Skullflail.
You debrief Irine ((for some reason my mind keeps spelling that as Irene)) in your own particular manner.

<I do not see anything wrong. I am going back.>
River's psychic message reaches the two of you, answering Ike's previous question. It feels weak and distorted, barely audible.

There's a bit of confusion here as Lenglon appears to be staying where she is and you want to follow River yet you are still talking to each other in a manner that requires you to be close to each other, so I'll let you continue talking so that you can sort that out and decide if you want to stay here, go back with River, convince him to stay here, kill him or whatever else you may want.

Survival

No car, no guns dropped. Shoot the rocket launcher where I pointed, and throw the guy I'm holding at them too. Afterwards, run off to another place.
You pull the trigger and the thing releases a bout of smoke and fire. The projectile it launches moves too fast to be seen. It impacts the ground between the three men, causing it to detonate in a small explosion, throwing pieces of sidewalk everywhere around the small crater it forms.
You immediately use your freakish strength to throw the man you're holding towards them, and right onto a lamp post. The lamppost produces a dry metal tune, reverberating from the impact. That looked like it hurt.

That done, you run away, straight into a nearby alley, the same one they had gathered around. You hear a few shots riocheting off the wall behind you, but the combination of smoke and the delay in their reaction caused by your attack means they hit nothing but air.
You don't hear them running after you.

John shook his head.  "Well, that was a waste of time.  Hey Iron Man!  Let's get this ride tipped back over."

Tip car back over, get in, go.  Also help Bandage Man get a bandage going.
Quote from: Alartih:autoaction
Bandage self. Drive.
You have a bit of trouble ripping a strip of cloth of the proper length so you end up destroying both of Bryan's sleeves to get one, making him look kinda like one of those rock singers. That done, you manage to apply it to Bryan with minimal trouble.

Survival

Help out with the car and get in.
John, in a stunning display of strength for a man who is in pain and lacks use of one leg, manages to help Saevus tilt the car and get it upright again. Saevus' newly repaired legs complain a bit, producing a very disturbing sound of metal grinding upon metal, but they do not fail. He gets in in the back seat, out of breath and Saevus follows him a moment after that.
"Try to use "*breath*" a seatbelt this time?"

You drive away, leaving a few pieces of metal behind you as you go. The car feels a lot more breezy now with all those holes. At least the wind shield is still OK.

((Anything else you want to do or do you just keep driving?))
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 06:19:32 pm by Parisbre56 »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3239 on: January 21, 2015, 06:50:28 pm »

((did River have a response to my statement? that would have been made immediately, before we left the crater.))
I am attempting to follow Ike, but am not 100% right now.
Pages: 1 ... 214 215 [216] 217 218 ... 521