Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 212 213 [214] 215 216 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1125520 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Special People: Explosive Extraction
« Reply #3195 on: January 18, 2015, 09:08:19 am »

Campaign, Ike!

<Okay, so he's either going to go for a dramatic resurrection under the empowering yellow light of the morning sun or he's going off to find a pointier rock to smash the sphere against, or a deeper hole to drop it into. That'd suck, since it would mean that me going for the not-hidden fruit first would have directly resulted in someone's complete annihilation.>

Follow Mr. Beetle and watch what he does. If he tries to do harm to the sphere, either attempt to peacefully dissuade him or catch it if he lets go of it in the process.

Also, file Skullflail under "things I'm going to make in the near future".

You make a note to self to keep an eye out for the most thick-headed man you can find. Does it have to be a natural human skull or would other things also work?

<Let's hope it's the first one. I don't think he'd really kill someone like her in cold blood like that. Then again, I have no way of telling if he is still himself.>

Making your way out the hole, you find that he has already started climbing out of the 'crater', quickly moving towards the centre of the city. He can move surprisingly fast and jump across large gaps, as if his body is much lighter than yours. Not that it's much trouble for you to keep up.

<I'm really hoping he has not read Lord of the Rings. Because, you know, volcano and object containing someone's soul.>

You continue moving deeper into the city. The destruction is even more severe here. You haven't seen anything, living or dead for a while. From time to time you come across wide rubble-filled depressions on the ground that emit hot air and foul smelling smoke that you have to either go around or find a collapsed building intact enough to act as a bridge and as limited protection from the gases. Occasionally a tremor occurs, usually followed by release of light or fire from somewhere near ground zero. Luckily, no tremors occur while you are crossing a 'bridge'.

The most interesting moment of the trip so far is when you hear a buzzing, like the one made by a transformer. It sounds like it's coming from somewhere in front of you, the direction you're travelling towards but much further away. Scanning the horizon, you spot the source of the noise. It's a ball made of jagged lines of dim light extending out from a common starting point, slowly moving around above the city in apparently random, semi-circular trajectories, like a UFO. The moment you spot it he grabs you from the wire around your neck and pulls you to cover. It continues moving around for about a minute before it descends and the noise dies down.

<Oh great, another weird magical flying thing. I think I'll call that a Discoball. Unless you have a better idea for a name. But why go for something like Wraith or Skylight when you can call it Discoball? Oh, and we can call the small ones Baubles to keep with the theme. You know, balls.>
<Heh, balls.>

It's getting late in the afternoon when you reach the area close to ground zero. It's even hotter here, and all this physical exercise isn't helping. You can't help sweating all the time. You really wish you had some water to drink.
Occasionally you come across one of those floating points of light, but they don't seem to do anything other than getting out of your way and keeping their distance. He doesn't pay much attention to them.
There's the feeling of something vibrating in the air, like a quiet infrasonic noise coming from all around you.

<Do͘ ͘yo̷u ̷t͡h͞in̴k͘ m̨a̧ǵi̢c͝al҉ r͏a͜d͠ia͝tion pois̛o͏n͢ìng̡ i̶s̵ ą t͘hi͝ńg͟ ͠i͠n ̧t̢his w̢o̢rl̨d̡? Be̛c͜ause̡ t͞his ̀d̀o͞e͞sn'͜t͏ f͘ȩel go̶ǫd.̵ T͟hi̡ng͟s͠ ar͠e ͡ligh͠t͟in͜ǵ u̶p ̢ìn͝ he͠re̕.>
He sounds quieter now, with echoes, like when he first started talking to you. As you instinctively try to remain quiet to hear what he's saying (even though that makes no sense with telepathy), you manage to hear something else. A buzzing, like the one that occurred when that ball thing was flying around.

You've reached a point close enough to the explosion that there are no rubble around, having all been pushed away, leaving little cover, except for the parts of the ground that have collapsed, creating trenches, the foundations of buildings and the occasional hole in the ground. Part of the ground has been pushed away and vaporized, creating a ring of stone and glass-like dirt surrounding the site of the explosion. There are much more of those points of light floating around here. You can see lava dripping into the ring on the side closer to the volcano (that side is higher, the one you're on is lower).

He turns around and pushes, trying to get you to sit behind a small slab of rock you assume to be part of the foundation of a building. He then turns around and starts walking towards the crater.

((I assumed you'd just keep following, so I did that to keep things moving.))
« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 09:34:23 am by Parisbre56 »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3196 on: January 18, 2015, 09:10:07 am »

((*Lenglon is excited, still watching and waiting*))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3197 on: January 18, 2015, 09:31:12 am »

Campaign, Ike!

<Well, I hope I either don't live long enough or get back to the staging area before I find out what exactly magical cancer does!>

<Oh! Maybe he'll eat Irine's soul to put himself back together. Fill in the blanks with it or something, y'know?>

Do as instructed. This looks all nice and ritualistic. Sit behind the bit of cover as indicated and watch carefully.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3198 on: January 18, 2015, 09:52:04 am »

(Waits for Survival Turn instead of Campaign Turn.)

Just fly to freedom...
Cmon, Paris! Lemme just finish!

Also, what happened to the dudes I poisoned back in the beginning?
Did they die a terrible slow death?

"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3199 on: January 18, 2015, 12:36:56 pm »

Campaign, Ike!

<Well, I hope I either don't live long enough or get back to the staging area before I find out what exactly magical cancer does!>

<Oh! Maybe he'll eat Irine's soul to put himself back together. Fill in the blanks with it or something, y'know?>

Do as instructed. This looks all nice and ritualistic. Sit behind the bit of cover as indicated and watch carefully.
<W͟h̷o ḱn҉ow̵s͜?͞ ̛M̸aybe̶ ̧yoų'͘ll ̸ge҉t̷ su̵perpow̷ers.͘ Las̢e͘r̀ e͢y͠e̛s woul͘d̴ be f͏u͟n̵.̧
Or̕ y͘ou'̨lĺ b͟e͏c͝òme͟ ͡h͢o͡rri̵b͘ly̸ ̸disf͞i͠gur͠e̶d҉ w̴ith̨ ̨p͘ustùl͡es ̧t͏hat p̵roduc͞e̕ fiȩr͟y̸ ex̴p̀l͢ơsi̷ons̢. ̵̀Ţ̵ha̧t'͝s ̧́͜a̧͠l̢s͘͘o ̵̛a͏̧ p͡ơs̡ś̢̢i̕b̵͟i̶͘͞l̵͘ì̡t̨y̧͞.>

You watch him walk away and disappear inside the crater.

<I̧͠'l͏҉l͏́ ̷̢s̸e͏̡̀è ̸͘w͢hat͢ h͡è̸͏ ̡̡҉d̀͡ơe͡͠s̡͟,̷͞ ̀t͢r͘y͘͞͠ ͘to ̡̛͠ẃ̴̢a͡r̷n ̢y͟o̡͞ų̴ ̵i͘f ̷͡he͠ ̕͜doe͢͏̵s̴͜ ͢҉a̵ny̶̕t̴̶hi̧͡n̴͘g͢͝ ̀b͝͏͠a̵͝d̵. ͡J̕ư̢ş͢t̶̷ ̡͡bȩ ̵ŗe͏ąd̵͘y ͘͏͏t̡o̶ ̸͡r̷̶ư͜n̷ ͏̡́an̕d̨͡ ̛͘h̕e͝lp͝,̴̸͜ O͘K͝?̷͏>

About half a minute later you start seeing a much brighter light coming from inside the crater. Lines of distorted, shimmering air rise above it, forming a tangled weave that extends a great distance above it, with tendrils extending from it towards all directions of the horizon, but primarily towards the volcano. It looks kinda like a fleshy lopsided ghost tree. Many of the Baubles begin slowly converging towards the location, floating above it, moving about as if pushed by the wind.

<O̧͘h͝͡, ҉l̸̢͜o̢͟ó͟k̢ ̨a̵͏͟ţ͏̢ ̴͘t͏̡͢h̶̛͜a͏̵̢t͞͝.́҉>

You get a mental image feed via mind mail. It's a very low quality image made worse by the bad signal, but you think you can make out a point of light between two hands, moving around. It starts moving around faster, until it rises above the hands and stays there. The image distorts, expands, darkens and then cuts off. This is accompanied by a dimming of the light coming from the crater.

<D͘҉́a͘m̵ņ͢.͏̵̀ ̀͝͝I̵̛ ̷ĺ̢o͠s͡t̡͜ ̛t͘h͝e̴͜͡ ͜e͏ý͟e̢͘͞s͜ á̡̡͟͡ģ̸̕͏̀a̵҉̢̢͠i̷̡͟͡n̨͘͜͝.̵̢͠ ̵͝W͝҉ai̢̡t̸̛͞, ̴ļ̸e͟͝͝t̴̵ ̀̕m̢e͟ ̷͟͝s͏҉é҉e ͠҉í̴f̢̛̛ ̷͡I͜҉ ̧͏c̴a͡n̷ ͞g̷e̸̛t͘͟ i̴͞t̢̧҉ ̷b͜͞a͞ck.͜͡>
<J̶us̴t̕͡ ̶i̵ǹ̴ ͜c̢̕ás̸͞e̡͢ ̛̀I ̴͟ge̶t͘͜ ̨c̷͝ut͝ ̨͢ó͝f̨̨́f҉͢͟,͘ ͜I̴'̡͜ḑ ̷̴͜l̢͟i̧ke̶͢ t͏o͝҉ te͠ļ̸̛l ̀ỳ̛o͜͞͡u̵͡ I-̡͝>

You notice that the buzzing you heard earlier has become noticeably louder. You turn around to see the Discoball floating around, barely visible with the light coming from the setting sun behind it. It looks really big up close, perhaps one and a half times your height. A giant ball made of what could best be described as frozen lightning extending from a central point. Its movement speed also appears much faster up close.

It is moving towards your general direction, but in an erratic zig-zag manner as it goes after every Bauble in its path, dashing towards them and then slowing down whenever they get far enough away from it. The Baubles appear to be giving it a wide berth, all of them reacting and quickly moving away whenever it moves after one of them. It reminds you of a shark moving amongst smaller fish.

<B̸̡̧҉ą̶͢͠l̡͘l̶̷̸̛͟s͘͜.̶̴̨̕ Ņ̛͞o̵͏w̶ ̶̢̛t̨̀h̴̴͝a͏t I̶̛͡ ̶҉thi̛͞n͜k̷̷͠ ̸̀͞a͞b͞ǫ̶u̢̡͢t̵̨͜ ̡̢̢it̨͝,̸ ̛́yo̕u̶ ͘m̸̧ig̸͢͝h̨̀͜t҉̴ ha҉̴̧ve̵ ̡̡m͏o̢re̢͏ í͜m̧̨͝p̶͏o͏̵r̛͞ta͝ņ̕t̶̀͞ ̛͟t̛̀h́͏i̕͘ng̷҉s̕ t͢͏ơ͜ ̨̕d҉eal w͜i͘t̷̀͝h̷.̨̀͢>
« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 12:40:04 pm by Parisbre56 »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3200 on: January 18, 2015, 12:40:57 pm »

Campaign, Ike!

<Eh, feel free to tell me. I might very well need to do something highly stupid right now.>

If the Discoball looks like it's going for Mr. Beetle in a hostile manner, detach skull from Skullclub and throw it at the thing.

If not, though, try to hide away from its gaze or better yet, distract it away from whatever the hell Mr. Beetle's up to, though that seems unlikely.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 12:42:57 pm by Harry Baldman »

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3201 on: January 18, 2015, 01:05:43 pm »

(Waits for Survival Turn instead of Campaign Turn.)

Just fly to freedom...
Cmon, Paris! Lemme just finish!

Also, what happened to the dudes I poisoned back in the beginning?
Did they die a terrible slow death?

"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3202 on: January 18, 2015, 01:27:47 pm »

@Coolrune206: Quoting the same thing over and over again won't make me post a Survival turn any faster. Either wait for Alarith and Salsacookies to post an action or for me to get bored waiting for them.

@Toaster and Hawk132: Alternatively, since Alarith's characters previous action was essentially allowing others to control his driving, does either of you want to post an action for him?

Campaign, Ike!

<Eh, feel free to tell me. I might very well need to do something highly stupid right now.>

If the Discoball looks like it's going for Mr. Beetle in a hostile manner, detach skull from Skullclub and throw it at the thing.

If not, though, try to hide away from its gaze or better yet, distract it away from whatever the hell Mr. Beetle's up to, though that seems unlikely.

<H͟͡ȩ̶́y͢,̷͠͡ ͢I̶̡̢'҉̀͜ḿ̵ ̷́a҉ll͢͝ f́̕҉o͝r͘ ̷st͞͞u̧͡p͞i͘ḑ͡.̸̢͞ ̀As͜ ̢l͟҉͡o͜͠ng͡ a̡͡͠s̨̢̛ ҉s͘͞t͡u͏͜p̛͝i̵̶d̕ ͜d̡̀o̡e̵͢͢s̷n't̵͘ ́i҉̢̧ǹv̶oĺ͟͏v̢͡͡é͠҉ ̕c̢oḿín̷͟ģ́́ ̸c͞l͝osȩ̸ ̸̴͜t̵͟o̵̧͡ t̴̨͟h͝at͝ ҉th̷̀í̷n͠g̛.̡ ̷̶B͡͏̀eç̸a̧͘͞u͠s̵̛e̵͞͠,́ ̢͠y҉̴̀òu̸ ̛k̢̕now͠,̡ ̸͢i̧͢t͞͠ ̶͠şu҉c̨̛k̶̀s ̷̛͢b͡a͟ll̷̸̢s̢. ̕S͏o͡ ͟͜i͏t m̸͢ig̕h͜͠t͟҉ ̀͜be̷̴ a͞b̶͝͡ĺ͡e̸̸ ̧͟͞t͟o̴̵͠ ̛́s̨͟ų̸ć͝k̴ ͘h͠͏um̨͡ą́͘n͘͏̧s͠ ̵̛̕to̡͞ơ̡͝.̨>

It definitely looks like it's coming towards him and you, if for no other reason then merely by virtue of going after the Baubles. So you untie your rock-filled-skull from your club and prepare to throw it.

<A͠s҉ ͏f̷̷ó̴r͡͞ ̨̀͟w̵̶ha̧t҉҉ ̶͏̛I ẃ̵͜a̛ǹ̨t̴e̸̶d̵̢ ̷̶̨t̶͟o̵҉ ̧̛̀te҉l̛̀l͟ ́yo͠u̢,̛͏ ́i͏͝t̕͞͞'̸̸͞s̷̵͡ ̡̀t҉҉̨h͏a͏̶t̷͠ ͏̨͜I͜'͏̀͝m͝ ̶p͡ŕ͠e̷͝t͢ty̨ s͘͡u͘ŕ́͡e ͝t̵h̵҉e̵r̕͡e̵'s ̡̡͝s͠o͢҉meon̡̢e͏ ̶̛͞ẃ̸h̡͘o̷ ͟͠ŗ̸͜ea͘͟͠ll͠y͘ ̢͘w͢͝͡á̷ǹ͢͡ţs ̧y͜ơ̶u̧ ͠d̵͠͝e͘͢a͏̵̀d̡̕.̢͢͝ ͘I̢̕͞'́m̴͝ c͏e͡r̡̡t̛a̷̵i͡ń͢͡ ͝t͡h͏e̸̕ ͠͠á̕͡t̕t̨͝a̕͡c͜k͟ ̡on ̢̡̛t̸he͏͞͠ ͢t̴͘e̶̸҉l͏̷҉e̴͜ṕo̵r̶t̴̵e̸̛͢r͝͏ ͞c͝à͠m̷͡e̷ ̸͘f͡r҉̴ó̢m͝ ̧̀s̷̸͠o͏m̸͘e͏́͡w͏h̵́e̢̡͜r̛e̶͝ ̴̢͟i͘n̛͜͏ ̵͜͞è̢nti̴t҉y̸-̶̢҉ćǫ͠͏n̶tŕ̨͝ǫl̸l͘e͟͢d̨҉ ̶s̛p͟ac͘͢ȩ.̸͠͡>

You make a very bad throw, not very strong and off target, barely managing to clip the thing. The buzzing it emits intensifies for the moment the skull touches it. It quickly moves away from the point the skull touched it. Looks like it doesn't like it. The skull falls to the ground and rolls to a stop, slightly scorched.

<S͞o͞ t̵́͢h̡̡͞a̡͟t͏͞ ̛͜ḿ̸͟e̛a̵̡̕n̵̢s̨̢̛ ̷t̡҉h͝҉a̛t ͏̧i̛͝t̨'̶̕s̸͏ ̸v͢e̡r̶̡y͘ ĺ̴̀i̴̢͡ḱe҉̴l̵͏y͠͞ ͞t͢͡h̵͜ę͜ ̵̴̛g̛͏u͘y̢ ͟w̡͟h͏̢̕o̢͘ ̢̛́d́i͞ḑ̀͞ ͡͞it̨͝ ̨̡is͟ ͢a̕͟͢ń̴̡ ̀͘e͝n҉ti̴̡ty̢͜.͡ I ̧̡t҉r̵̡͏į̵͟èd ̴̸̢t̡ò w͠a̡ŗ̸͠n͝͠ him̛ ͟҉̧a̴̴b͢͝out҉ ̶i̸t,̷̵͠ ̵t̕o̶̢͠ld͜ ͘h͟i̢͜m̛̀ ̀͠he̸ ̕sh̶̵̀ould͝ ̕h͏̸ad̕ ͡c͘a͡n̸c̕͡e͝l͢͡lȩ͘͢d́ t̕͝͠h͠ę́ ͢͏m͢͡͞i̧͜͡ss̨̛ion҉̵͟ ̵r̸̴i̶̶ght̡ t̡͡h̛͜͡e̛r͜e̷̵̢ ͠i͞n̛ ̨̀th͟͞ȩ̸ Ŗ͘e҉l҉̨͘a̷y͜͝ w҉̕͠o̴͞r̨l̸d͡͏,̕ ̴b̢u̷t͘ ̧h̷̛e͟͏ ̡̡ḑ҉ę̵c͢͜id̀eḑ̛ ̸̕t̵̡o̡̕ ̴́k͏ee̢p͏ ̴̧g҉̢o͝i͘ng̷̵͢ ̴̧̕r̨ę́g͘͢͠a͢r̵d͏l͘e̢ss̀͟.>

It's very close to you now. Within dashing distance.

<N̵͠ǫ̨͝w̴͘ ̶m̸i͢g͞h̢́͟t̶͞ ͢b̶e͢ ̨͟a ̢́͠ǵo̷͜ò͠d͢ ̢̨tì̢m͝e͏͠ ̛͘͞f̸̛o̢͡r͏ ͜͠a̷̢ ͞͏g̸r̴e̴͘a̸̵t͢͡ ͏̸i̵d̸̕e̵͟a͏̢.͢ ̶
͠P͞r̸̕͝o̶t̶̨i͠͞p̴̷:̵ ̕R̸͠u͜͝͝n̨n͞͡in͞g̴͟ aw҉͞ay͘ ̵̨f͏̛͢r̢͡o͟m̶̨ ͡ẃ̢eir̸̢͝d͏͡ ̡̡͝s̵͞h͜i̛ţ̶͠ ̡͞i̷͏s̷̶ ͠a͘͡l҉w̡͡á҉̛ys ̶̢͘a̸̕͞ ̶̸͢g̛͘reá̢t̵͡ ́i̧͠͞d҉e̴a͢.̛͝ ̨͝
J̛u̴̴st̛ ͡r̢ȩ͞͠m̷͡e͟͟m̀b͏e͡r̕͜͝ ͢t͢o ̨n̛͞o͏̶t̵ ͏̡̢ĺe̕a̵͡d̀ ̡͠i̷̢͜t st̵̢̛r͡ai͟gh̕t̴ t̸̨͢ờ́ ̨̛Iŗ̸̨e͟ne͟ ͝i͝f̸̛ ̶y͠o͏u̧ ̨d̛o.̵̡̢>

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3203 on: January 18, 2015, 01:47:44 pm »

Point the rocket launcher at their feet.

"How 'bout ya drop da gunz, and give meh ya car?"
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3204 on: January 18, 2015, 01:48:04 pm »

Campaign, Ike!

<Not really surprising that someone wants River dead, really. He doesn't strike me as the likeable, personable, keep-your-head-down type. Kind of reminds me of old Dick Nixon, really. Such a promising presidency! Such a gallant man cut down in his prime.>

Evasive maneuvers. Get away from the Discoball and try not to die. If it draws close and escape doesn't seem likely, stab it with the bone I tied the skull to.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3205 on: January 18, 2015, 01:49:37 pm »

Wait- I don't get the logic. You won't post survival turns because only one person has posted, but you're continuously posting Campaign turns even though only one person is posting?

>>---(logic)---->

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3206 on: January 18, 2015, 01:57:45 pm »

Wait- I don't get the logic. You won't post survival turns because only one person has posted, but you're continuously posting Campaign turns even though only one person is posting?

>>---(logic)---->

((There's the issue in the campaign that only one character in the former party is currently alive. So each time I post, the full roster of living characters has posted.))

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3207 on: January 18, 2015, 01:58:30 pm »

Makes sense. I haven't been really following the campaign :P

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3208 on: January 18, 2015, 02:00:58 pm »

Quote from: Alarith:action
Survival

Continue driving to the tunnel, I guess.
If Toaster has posted an action for Alarith too, pick his one instead. He's pretty much the party leader, after all.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3209 on: January 18, 2015, 02:34:41 pm »

((My top 2 suspects for which entity caused problems with the teleporter: Darkstar, and Jordan's unnamed entity.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))
Pages: 1 ... 212 213 [214] 215 216 ... 521