Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 205 206 [207] 208 209 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1126417 times)

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Portal Combat
« Reply #3090 on: January 01, 2015, 04:41:13 pm »

Campaign

Zechariah let out a sigh of relief, finally glad that his move did not end up in any of his teammates, or himself, getting injured or killed by his actions. At the very least, it wouldn't be directly.

Now to see what kind of chaos has spun up in the few seconds that he was busy killing the portal in.

Form some small, spiky crystal shards (about the size of playing cards or smaller) and use those to harass the parasites by cutting them with the shards. At the same time, use the Shadows to try and replace the slab in good order.

If my concentration is split to the point that I cannot lift the slab up completely, drop some of the hardlight shards to compensate. The slab takes priority for now. Then, continue filleting the rest of the parasites.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Special People: Explosive Extraction
« Reply #3091 on: January 04, 2015, 04:47:52 pm »

Survival

Good enough!  "Get in, let's get the hell out to that west bridge!  Bryan, you drive!  You have the most working legs."

See if I can fix Saevus's legs after he gets tossed in the back.  At least he's lighter without them, right?
Survival

Get tossed in the back.
((I see no action to get you in the back... should I assume one of your teammates helps you? Hmmm... No one's in a position to do that though. Better to say that you try to terminator-drag yourself there, I think.))
Bryan, Survival

"Guys, there are men everywhere but to the west, I think it might be a trap, maybe explosives, keep a sharp eye open."
Start heading towards the west bridge, carefully, (meaning look for traps) at the moment as we don't seem to be in imminent danger.
Bryan gets in the driver's seat as John tries to lift his dead leg into the back of the car without falling down. Bryan presses the brake, removes the handbrake and is about to start the car when he notices something important is missing.
"John! Keys!" he says as he turns around to look at John.
"Oh. Right."
John closes his eyes and applies a bit of technokinesis to the ignition switch to cause it to turn enough for the starter to kick in and the car to start.
"There you go. All set."
"Okay! Let's go!"
"Wait. Take it slow. They might be waiting to ambush us. And Saevus hasn't boarded yet."
Bryan presses the clutch, puts in a gear and waits for the OK to go. He accidentally touches the radio, causing music to start playing.
"You had time to put in a radio?"
"Hey, it's an important part of the car!"

As John watches Saevus reaching the car and throwing his legs in, his metal body making a horrible sound as it is dragged against the ground, he notices something alarming. A man gets out of the corner behind which he's taking cover, throws something towards the car and hides again. The thing bounces and rolls towards the car.
"What are you doing? Get out of here! Accelerate! Go, go, go!"
"Indecisive." Bryan mutters as he puts the pedal to the metal, flinging the car forward. Saevus, currently half-inside the car is pushed backwards by inertia and barely manages to hold on with one hand.

The car swerves around, put off balance by the weight of the giant suit of armour hanging on to it. Nevertheless, it manages to get far enough so that the grenade does not effect it. Good thing those guys seem unable to cook a grenade.
The car continues on, with sparks flying behind it as the body of Saevus gets dragged on the ground.

Bryan turns towards the west at the next intersection, barely avoiding an impact with the wall of the small alley. The already unsteady and front heavy car has trouble adjusting to the extra weight, requiring some very good manoeuvring out of Bryan to keep it from entering a spin. Its back side keeps swerving left and right like a boat, causing Saevus to take some trashcans and garbage along for the ride, narrowly avoiding the walls. John tries to hold on to his handle so as not to fly around the car. Should had used a seatbelt.
"Thine handlung of thy chariot is causing gréatian distress!"
"Yeah man, slow down! Why are you going so fast?"

The car reaches the main road, turns right and with a great amount of oversteering comes to a stop on it, facing towards the north, where the docks and the bridge await. John takes a second to look around as he tries to get his bearings and make the world stop spinning. It is then that he notices two points of light appearing behind the car. And then another two. As the cars leave the police station's parking lot and come under the light of the street-lamps, he notices an assault rifle sticking out of a window.
"Why did you stop?! We're sitting ducks here! Drive, damn you! Get us out of here!"
"No backseat driving, please!"

Things are now interesting! Keep watching.
There's the sound of tires screeching followed by an explosion, all the while accompanied by a sound similar to a giant hollow metal drum being dragged. The sound continues but starts getting further away, towards the northwest, until it suddenly stops. A few moments later, two cars exit the police station's parking lot, heading towards the north. The men look to each other for a moment before they get up and start running after the two cars.

Well, that turned out differently than expected.

Fly up several hundred meters, then simply glide to my destination. East.
You start flying, heading higher and higher, towards the storm-cloud-covered sky that is growing ever darker. The wind up here is strong, making it easy for you to maintain your altitude. Just got to face south and position your wings the right way. From up here, you can observe much of the city, helped by your superior senses.

The sound of intermittent gunfire and shouts occasionally reaches your ears, depending on the strength and direction of the wind. You can see sparse cars patrolling the city below. You can see fires and flashes of lights. You can see people being dragged out of buildings and into the streets, where they are corralled around trucks. You can see concentrations of cars around certain buildings. You can see an apartment building that has caught fire near the centre of the island. You can see part of the Corleone bridge to the east has been obstructed by burning things, preventing the flashing lights of police cars from moving closer to the island. Even if they had, they would be stopped by the debris of a building that has collapsed on top of the road leading to the bridge.

It sure feels good to be up here, where the odds of someone spotting you and doing something about you are low.

Staging Area

"Ah, excellent.
As far as the deco goes, personally I would add a bit more chrome, but then again I always say that, don't I?

Get up and walk out the door, grabbing and eating the green apple on the way
"Noted. Don't worry, I like shiny things myself. Although I like the colour and texture of steel better. Eh, anyway, off you go."

You open the door and look around. It's a small hallway, lit by light coming from windows covered by wooden shutters. There are three wooden doors here, all with an unlit torch in the wall beside them. On your left there is a wooden upwards stairway, while on your right the hallway turns towards the right, presumably leading downstairs or towards other rooms.

You get through the doorway. The wooden floor squeaks a bit as you step on it. You look behind you to see that the door you used has disappeared. There's only a closed wooden door there. Now you kinda wish you had walked backwards, just to see what would had happened.

Wolfkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3092 on: January 04, 2015, 04:57:34 pm »

Head to the right
You wanna frisk this guy? This guy with the technicolor wonder limbs? The limbs that could probably slap you on several different levels of reality?
Your tabs are just pure chaos, Wolfkit.
Sig

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3093 on: January 04, 2015, 06:21:20 pm »

Fly off in the direction of the police.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3094 on: January 04, 2015, 07:45:01 pm »

Survival

John pounded the seat in front of him.  "Move!"

Can I pull Saevus in from here?  If so, do that and fix his legs.  If not, do I still have that Tommy gun?  Use it on the car that pulled its own weapon.  If not, summon a loaded bazooka.  If there's time, shoot it at the attacking car.  Mind the backwash from that.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2015, 08:38:26 pm by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3095 on: January 04, 2015, 08:38:04 pm »

Survival

Attempt to pull myself into the car. Blast anything dangerous away. Oh, and hopefully get my legs fixed.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3096 on: January 06, 2015, 06:42:21 am »

Campaign

Campaign, Ike!

Hah! Grabbing my arms, huh? Doesn't it know that legs are far better as natural weapons?

Step on the tentacles grabbing me forcefully if possible, then try and eliminate the center of mass with a convenient sharp object (probably the sword) if the tentacles go slack, or just rising to my feet as it moves toward me and jumping on it repeatedly. Hopefully that'll work!

You try to kick the thing away, step on it, something, but you're just not strong enough. This one seems to be much stronger than the ones you fought previously. Soon it has grabbed all your limbs, rendering you completely immobile.

((Welp, this is going bad. Let's see if I can help a bit.))
You shout for help, hoping to avoid whatever terrible fate this thing has in store for you.

Quote from: Theri: autoaction
Help Ike. Get that bad thing off him.
After hearing his cries for help, Theri runs to Ike's aid but as she does so, she steps on something slippery, something she couldn't see in the darkness and falls down.

((Nope, the terrible luck continues.))

Regain consciousness.
You wake up.

Huh, looks like someone moved you further into the hallway.
You're also feeling a lot better now than when you passed out.
You don't feel like you were out for long.

Theri's further into the hallway, lying on the floor in a puddle of blood. Probably not (all) hers, as she seems to be a bit too alive for the amount of blood there. You can also hear Ike calling for help further into the hallway.

You might also want to read what follows.

Campaign, Irine

I close my eyes and allow myself to finish returning to the floor in a controlled manner, resting.
Resting it is.
You lie down, close your eyes and try to relax for a couple of seconds.
You're starting to feel a bit better.
But what follows is not very conductive for relaxation.

Campaign, Alan

Alan briefly contemplates catching the purple thing with a butterfly net, but disregards the urge. He knows he has to get away, and couch is grumpy.
The solution is obvious.

Summon perfect getaway vehicle - Bigwheel! Appropriately sized for Alan of course. Piggyback River and wheel away to safety!
You summon a small wooden waterwheel that looks like part of a larger construction. Its appearance pushes the couch off of you and River.

You drag him on the wheel and attempt to run away using it as transportation. Even though that killed you last time. Oh well.

You manage to make one complete revolution before you loose hold of River, trip on his body, step through one of the gaps in the wheel and end up having your right leg broken. You barely manage to remain conscious as the wheel continues to turn, repeatedly crushing your leg, until it finally stops and falls to the side.

And that's not the worse thing that happens to you.

Campaign

Zechariah let out a sigh of relief, finally glad that his move did not end up in any of his teammates, or himself, getting injured or killed by his actions. At the very least, it wouldn't be directly.

Now to see what kind of chaos has spun up in the few seconds that he was busy killing the portal in.

Form some small, spiky crystal shards (about the size of playing cards or smaller) and use those to harass the parasites by cutting them with the shards. At the same time, use the Shadows to try and replace the slab in good order.

If my concentration is split to the point that I cannot lift the slab up completely, drop some of the hardlight shards to compensate. The slab takes priority for now. Then, continue filleting the rest of the parasites.

You attempt to lift the slab and put it back in its place, but it you once again can't muster the concentration to do so. You focus all your attention on the task and finally manage to get it where you want. Not that it helps much.

The slab explodes in a bright fiery blast, throwing shrapnel everywhere. Somehow, all of them manage to miss Alan.
The floor under it collapses further, letting in bright red light. The nearby wall looks about ready to crumble.
The explosion pushes the other damaged slabs over the edge, causing the cracks on them to start spreading and "leak" light as they get closer and closer to exploding.

OOC
Welp, looks like this is happening. Let's give you one final chance, because I'd prefer it if you didn't all die.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3097 on: January 06, 2015, 06:47:58 am »

Campaign, Ike!

"Struggling doesn't help... screaming doesn't help... hm..."

"Aha!"

Struggle while screaming terribly. Summon up some of that survivor strength. Get the adrenaline going! This not giving a shit business doesn't seem to be paying off at the moment.

Failing that, look forward to bright future as murderslave to a yellow land octopus. It's a healthy yellow land octopus, right?
« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 10:57:17 am by Harry Baldman »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3098 on: January 06, 2015, 10:27:30 am »

Irine, Campaign

I target the area the slabs are in, and redirect the force of their explosions away from us. If I have to choose between remaining conscious and us all dying from this chain of bombs, I'm going to overwork myself to keep us all alive.

((DAF, I hope you noticed Paris's comment about the walls and floor. gonna need your help here and Irine isn't up for talking or coordination right now.))

Physically, i'm walking, stumbling, crawling, etc. towards putting a nice big thick wall between me and what is about to happen. I'd prefer for it to be putting me near teammates too, but honestly, right now I just need the protection.

If I already have cover / once I get cover / once I'm sure I can't make it in time then I curl up in a ball with my tails wrapped around me.

if a parasite grabs me then I still am focused on deflecting the explosions, if it attempts to actually take me over then I change to my full-fox form, letting the vast difference in my volume deal with my parasite problem, and keep trying to keep the explosions from killing us all.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 08:09:16 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3099 on: January 06, 2015, 10:46:37 am »

((I was about to say this one actually wasn't Alan's fault, but yeah, he did crack the first slab.  He didn't mean to!))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3100 on: January 06, 2015, 02:50:53 pm »

Nikolai, Campaign

"Oh fuck. GET BEHIND ME!"

Remove my breastplate. Enlarge, strengthen, and repair it into a huge wall of metal to hide behind. Hide behind it and hope to not die.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3101 on: January 06, 2015, 03:07:33 pm »

((I was about to say this one actually wasn't Alan's fault, but yeah, he did crack the first slab.  He didn't mean to!))
((Eh, it was bound to happen eventually, if they stayed in the same room. Any strong attack near sensitive magical devices could trigger it. And the longer they stayed in that room the higher the chances that a certain event would happen that would 85% cause the same thing. It was just Xan's luck that made it happen to him. So it's really not his fault.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3102 on: January 06, 2015, 03:17:03 pm »

GGGGGGHKLGLKNNNNNNNNNN

Remember those painkillers I summoned a while ago? Take a few of those if I still have them,,which I think I do. Then summon a skateboard, get down on my belly on it, River on my back, and accelerate myself with my arms toward safety.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3103 on: January 10, 2015, 02:17:22 pm »

Bryan survival
"Looks like being careful is out."
Head to the bridge as fast as possible.
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3104 on: January 11, 2015, 01:24:51 am »

Campaign

Zechariah had to keep going. He was probably exhausting himself to the point that he might collapse, but there was no way that he was letting even a single person die here. Not now, not before they had even started.

If he let anyone die, he was letting his Shadow win. He couldn't have that happen. That's not what he had fought for so long to accept and combine with.

This wasn't going to end with his Shadow. This was going to end with him and him alone.

"Get down and in cover, now! There's no more time!"

Have all of my focus go to forming a solid crystal wall to contain the explosion, or at least to redirect it away from our group. After the inevitable explosion and if I am still conscious, try to move anyone who is still in the room into the hallway. If not, get the hell out of there myself.
Pages: 1 ... 205 206 [207] 208 209 ... 521