Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 188 189 [190] 191 192 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1128224 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Nothing like the brochure
« Reply #2835 on: October 23, 2014, 06:34:35 am »

Irine, Campaign

I continue to collect as much fire as I can
Devour again...
"Thank you River."
I look over at Zech's gore-covered open wounds.
"Zech, you should try to keep your burns clean. Covering them in that slime stuff is likely to give you an infection."
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2836 on: October 23, 2014, 03:45:54 pm »

Campaign

Zechariah picked himself up from the goop that he was searching through and carefully brushed off his own arms.

Irine, Campaign

"Zech, you should try to keep your burns clean. Covering them in that slime stuff is likely to give you an infection."

"What... oh." Zechariah looked down at himself, seeing the unsavory goo that he got himself into by trying to search the man-eating octopi for any signs of... well, anything, really.
"I should probably clean that up. Um, do we have any healers in the group? Maybe Darkstar, but I'm pretty sure he's busy. If we don't have a healer, I could at least use a bandage or two."

Meanwhile, Zechariah also called to Ike.
"Ike, did you find anything from the octopi? Anything weird, or is there nothing to tell so far?'

Converse. Try to clean the vile octopus matter off of myself.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2837 on: October 23, 2014, 04:11:04 pm »

"Ike, did you find anything from the octopi? Anything weird, or is there nothing to tell so far?'

"I think they enslave and/or murder people with needles in their tentacles. Also their organs are funny!"

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Special People: Fight or Flight? (aka Where do we go from here?)
« Reply #2838 on: October 23, 2014, 06:49:51 pm »

Campaign

Campaign

Everyone, I think we know what we must do.

Summon cool sunglasses and put them on.

Before I do that, generously give Nikolai a crutch in his general direction. Or a walking cane if I can't do crutches.

Also a pair of sunglasses for my good friend Ike.

You summon a pair of wooden shutter shades for you and Ike. They have a slight green glow.
You also make a small stick for Nikolai.

You put the shades on and cross your arms. Groovy.

Nikolai, Campaign

Bash the breastplate with rocks until it is wearable. Put it on under my coat and secure it with duct tape. Put some spare tape in my bag.

This is a bad idea. It's too dangerous.
"Alan, can you please summon a crutch for me."
Try to not die.
You take cover and prepare to dodge but it turns out it isn't necessary. The only thing that comes out of Alan's palm is a wooden stick which clatters ineffectually on the floor. You could use it as a crutch but it's not tall enough to use comfortably and it lacks handholds.

That done, you start bashing the breastplate, trying to return it to what you assume was its original shape. It's hard work. After all, this thing was designed to withstand impacts. But not to bend, now that you think about it. Wonder what that would cause to its internal structure... Still, you get it about halfway done. You could wear it now, but it wouldn't be a perfect fit. It would probably make moving quickly and comfortably more difficult.

Irine, Campaign

I continue to collect as much fire as I can
Devour again...
"Thank you River."
You continue to do so perfectly, not letting a single shred of fire escape without risking extinguishing them completely.

Campaign

Zechariah picked himself up from the goop that he was searching through and carefully brushed off his own arms.

Irine, Campaign

"What... oh." Zechariah looked down at himself, seeing the unsavory goo that he got himself into by trying to search the man-eating octopi for any signs of... well, anything, really.
"I should probably clean that up. Um, do we have any healers in the group? Maybe Darkstar, but I'm pretty sure he's busy. If we don't have a healer, I could at least use a bandage or two."

Meanwhile, Zechariah also called to Ike.

Converse. Try to clean the vile octopus matter off of myself.
The best you can do is wiggle your hands a bit and wipe the goo on your clothes.

Campaign, Ike!

"How terribly fascinating, I must say. Anyway, guys, the coast is clear."

Spoiler: IkeNotes (click to show/hide)

Listen to what Darkstar's doing over there, but don't look. It probably looks really ugly.
It is too quiet for the others to hear (and the guy banging the breastplate rock isn't helping. Good thing you got those upgrades), but there's a small dull noise that sounds like wind that continues during the entire process. Then a pop, then the sound of something like snow being compressed in a snowball and finally a very quiet noise bordering on the infra-sound, with a very faint and very slow rhythm discernible in it, most closely resembling the sound a wind instrument would make, it's sound and slow rhythm making it sound pompous and sad, as if played on a minor scale.

The noises that follow a few seconds after that are a lot more audible to anyone paying close attention. Sounds of something being broken, something being torn, liquid falling on the ground. It takes about ten seconds for that to stop.

Darkstar emerges half a minute later, in the process of putting his coat back on.
"Good news. I learnt more about their world. Their magic and part of their world is based on an expanded elemental system. And that sorcerer could work with a very useful element." he says and grins. He snaps his fingers and a small amount of fire appears over them and immediately dissipates.
"She and others like her were trying to create a portal to the sky and the moon. Channelling energy into 'magical stone' that would create the portal. I think. Memory is damaged. Wanted power and... food? Sounds dangerous. And inefficient. And silly. Silly humans."
He sends an image of a red slab and someone standing next to it, in a large room with similar slabs. It feels fuzzy, like a half-forgotten memory, some details more vivid and clear than others.
"The portal they opened leads to their capital. A small kingdom Northwest of the one I want to go. They like fire a lot. An entire tower dedicated to fire and magic. With the portal near the top."

"The parasites have taken this opportunity. Going through the portal. Looking for sustenance. Getting through will be difficult. Irene can keep the parasites and predators away. Me too, using the energy that remains after I heal you. For as long as I can keep the sorcerer's soul. But if they have found more sorcerers to feed on, those will be difficult to evade. We will have to run."
Another image, this one much clearer. Dark rock illuminated by dull green light, viewed from somewhere above. Dozens of those yellow things approaching a bright sphere.
"We do not have to do this. Not if you do not want it. Not if you can not survive it. I would prefer to do this quickly. But not if it requires your death."

"Our other choice is the teleporter."
He gestures at the four green rods at the centre of the room.
"We will drift further from our destination. Cause more delays. But it is safer. Gives me more time to heal you properly."

"Oh, and remember: whatever you choose, when we enter that world we will be subjected to its rules. That world should accept us as one of its own. And I have no idea what that means. Just know that there might be changes."
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 06:51:47 pm by Parisbre56 »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2839 on: October 23, 2014, 07:04:56 pm »

"Should I shift to being fully human before we go? to avoid having their world change me?"

"Oh, and what are the rules for their flame magic? for me it's easy to manipulate fire that is already there but hard to make more, but from your demonstration is theirs the opposite? easy to make more but hard to manipulate already existing flame?"
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2840 on: October 23, 2014, 08:55:29 pm »

"Should I shift to being fully human before we go? to avoid having their world change me?"
"It will probably not affect your body. Not directly. Anything non-magical should be mostly unaffected. But it might affect your ability to transform. I do not know. I will be able to say more once I examine you."
"Oh, and what are the rules for their flame magic? for me it's easy to manipulate fire that is already there but hard to make more, but from your demonstration is theirs the opposite? easy to make more but hard to manipulate already existing flame?"
"I believe what I created was a... projection? Is that the correct word? Like an image of fire. The properties of fire, not fire itself. We are not in their world yet, and it uses part of my power, so it is different. Flexible, easy, not as strong. Not like yours. But similar. You could probably control it."

"From her memories and soul, I can tell that she could summon small quantities of fire easily. True fire. And other things. Create light. Influence her emotions. But it requires a... ritual? A certain way to think and act that makes it possible. It comes naturally to her. Not like other magic. Her memories say other magic is hard. Hard to understand, hard to do. Different way of thinking. But possible. Looks interesting. I would like to see that myself."

"Hmmm... Looks like the parasites kept most of that part intact. Well adapted."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2841 on: October 23, 2014, 09:16:52 pm »

"So most likely I can steal their flames, but they can't steal mine? that could be very useful. Would my current appearance scare them? and do you need to wait until we are in their world to examine me or can you get it done now?"

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2842 on: October 23, 2014, 11:32:39 pm »

Campaign
"Irene, I think I can restore the magic in that amulet. Maybe. Can I try?"
Clang clang clang keep hammering the breastplate into shape.
When I'm finished the breastplate then tsar the amulet and try to restore its magic.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 05:33:26 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2843 on: October 23, 2014, 11:47:39 pm »

Irine, campaign

"Irene, I think I can restore the magic in that amulet. Maybe. Can I try?"
Clang clang clang keep hammering the breastplate into shape.
"You think you can? Sure!"
I hand the amulet over

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2844 on: October 24, 2014, 11:04:41 am »

Campaign, Ike!

"I say we make a break for the portal. I've encountered enough delays, and it'll only hurt more later!"

Spoiler: IkeNotes (click to show/hide)

Look at what that noisy guy is doing. Maybe help him with it, so that he's done quicker and stops messing around already.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2845 on: October 24, 2014, 11:33:53 am »

Climb out and take cover behind the car. Grab it, and move to the nearest house while wheeling it around
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2846 on: October 24, 2014, 10:07:55 pm »

survival

Look for better places to hide, If I can get there easily, and unseen, move there.
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2847 on: October 25, 2014, 01:17:29 am »

"Okay, I guess no bandages for me," Zechariah muttered.

"I say we make a break for the portal. I've encountered enough delays, and it'll only hurt more later!"

Zechariah hesitated before speaking. "I wouldn't be so eager. We still have to make sure that the portal won't lead us into another trap."

"Darkstar, is there anything you need from us, or are you able to manage the portal?"

Speak and watch over the area. Keep a watchful eye (lousy pun not intended) on our surroundings and make sure that we don't get ambushed by mind-controlling octopuses again.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2848 on: October 25, 2014, 03:10:51 am »

The only thing I got from that was that we're going into a bad place. Therefore, it's time to summon an old staple of mine.

Giant hamster ball go!

Alan doesn't really care what we do, if you didn't notice.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2849 on: October 25, 2014, 03:14:27 am »

"Oh, um, yeah, the portal or teleporter choice. I think the portal is a good idea."
Pages: 1 ... 188 189 [190] 191 192 ... 521