Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 185 186 [187] 188 189 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1128307 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Special People: Nothing like the brochure
« Reply #2790 on: October 16, 2014, 07:45:38 pm »

Can I get in on this too?
Spoiler: Character sheet (click to show/hide)
Very good. I like it. Sorry for the late reply. I'll send you a PM sometime soon.  Weekend probably.

by "summon metal" i mean, "summon metal objects" like a razor sharp sword or a giant anvil for cartoonish squashing.
Okay then, as above, I'll send you a PM sometime this weekend.

Survival

Wake up, bite him on the veins, then get a bite under his chin, and finally on the front and back of the neck. Then, shoot a web towards the nearest wall, and let go of the Human. As I swing, change into a bird, and use the momentum of the swing to move upwards at full speed. Then, survey the human's reaction to dying.
Next turn.
Also, do you know the definition of insanity?

Survival

"Okay, okay.  We just want to get the hell out of here.  Look, hands empty."

Put away the last pistol, show empty hands, and limp out of here with the group.  I'll fix it in a second.
Survival

More glaring at the two AR wielding guys. Get out of the building. Help John out if needed. If the AR-guys decide to backstab us - commence impaling.
Survival
Get out of the building slowly and quietly so I they don't try to shoot me.
If they decide to try shoot me, Disarm them ASAP

Survival
Follow the reasonable fellows orders, be on guard though.
The team slowly and quietly goes out the front door, Saevus helping John walk, since he's more dragging his leg than lifting it now. The two men keep pointing their weapons at them, one of them muttering something. Probably not something very polite.

The area outside the Gallery looks very different from how it was when you entered it. There are more signs of combat out here. Shot up cars, fires, dead bodies. Makes you wonder where the ones who killed them went...

There's also a hole on the street in front of the gallery. Looks like something hit it with great force.

And right besides it is Ron, who is currently bleeding from a rather alarming hole in his shoulder and... is he trying to lift a car?

((Assume you have the same information about your surroundings given here to Salsacookies. Oh, and keep reading Salsacookie's turn.))

Survival

I will take the burning car and throw it into a house. I will then grab the gun and check if it has ammo. Last, I will look into the house I threw the car into for possible ammo and medical goods, along with completely pillaging it for other goodies
You try to lift a car. And not one of those fancy new cars that are all plastic and aluminium, one of those old fashioned cars with giant engine blocks full of heavy metal. A car that is on fire. And your shoulder has been injured, meaning you're basically lifting it with one arm. Just wanted to state that even with your increased strength, those aren't the best of conditions.

You try to lift the car, but you can't manage to lift it properly and end up pulling it towards you. Luckily, you manage to take a step back and avoid getting trapped under it. Unluckily, you take a step back right into the hole behind you. Luckily, you are uninjured by the impact.

Phew. That would had been a silly way to die. On the bright side, you managed to make the gun easier to reach without getting burnt. You grab it and check the magazine. Still has bullets in it. That's something.

You hear gunshots coming from the north. A few moments later, a car appears in the second intersection to the north, some distance away. It swerves, trying to turn with its flat tires, but it lacks the necessary friction. It slides with a screeching noise, crashing into and partially through the corner of a small brick building.

OOC
Sorry, I was busy trying to organize some guys for a university project. Will try to post more often.
((Alan saves the day again!))
Yep, he's doing very well, considering the poll results. Hasn't killed anyone and has actually been very careful.
Then again, the mission is still young. Someone will fail to dodge one of his overshoots eventually.
The entire team (on average) is looking frighteningly competent really, now that I think about it. Maybe I should make missions with the chance of permadeath more often...

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2791 on: October 16, 2014, 08:30:42 pm »

Bite the man, then scuttle away. Since I'm underground, find something to eat.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2792 on: October 16, 2014, 10:21:39 pm »

"Let's get the hell out of here.  We need a ride."

Look around.  Do any cars look functional?  If so, get everyone in.  If not, Technomance the least broken one; can it be fixed?  Summon any parts it needs if it can be fixed easily.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 11:32:30 am by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2793 on: October 16, 2014, 11:26:03 pm »

"Octopi! Man-eating octopi! That's what's going on!"

Mmm.. still not as weird as I thought this would be. Still, this is only the beginning..

..Though nothing beats Melancholy Island. I'm still not sure if that was real or just a drug-induced hallucination. Maybe it was a coma. Who knows? I don't, that's for sure.

Let crystal blade dissipate and summon up a wall of fragmented light crystals. Arrange them in a defensive structure in front of our group. I am not taking chances with these... beings.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2794 on: October 16, 2014, 11:52:38 pm »

((Well, I was comatose for several turns. That severely impacted my mayhem-causing abilities.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2795 on: October 17, 2014, 05:30:47 pm »

Campaign

Campaign, Ike!

Spoiler: IkeNotes (click to show/hide)

Throw some goop on the two humanoids and try to circle out of their immediate way a bit. Do they seem to notice me? What do they smell like, if I can tell? Any ambient sounds they make?
You get the feeling they are looking at you, but they aren't doing anything obvious that indicates that they are aware of you. You can't see them clearly due to the low light, but you can tell that they are probably looking towards your general direction. That is, if they have eyes and aren't some sort of batmen.

There is the smell of those creatures everywhere and they are a bit too far away, but you think that you can smell a new scent. The scent of a human.

As for ambient sounds, you can hear the sound of boots striking the floor as they walk and the one with the sword also sounds like there is something metallic on him that makes a muffled noise as he walks, like the sound a bell makes when you aren't allowing it to vibrate.
Irine, Campaign

I need to remember that. There must be a reason he wants it secret.
Go to the main hallway and check on Zech.

Upon entereing the main hallway and seeing the yellow splatter and humanoid visitors:
"Um, what's going on?"

upon being informed directly or indirectly about imminent combat, I use my first flame generation charge and send a flame sphere over near the entrance to harass our visitors and light them up for everyone to see clearly. keep it intact for now, actively make sure that I keep a strong flame charge available, at the cost of effectiveness of attack if necessary. for now anyway.
Nikolai: Campaign
"I missed the fight? Damn.
Does anyone know first aid?"

Limp/crawl backwards. Sling a boulder at the mysterious humanoids at the first sign of hostility.

And loot a shard of glass from the ground because kleptomania hoarding resourcefulness.

You get a shard of glass from the ground as you start crawling backwards.
Campaign

You two saw that, right? That rude octopus dripped on you. You're going to have to wash before you do anything else. Here, I'll help you.

Fire bathtubs at the two humanoids!

Mmm.. still not as weird as I thought this would be. Still, this is only the beginning..

..Though nothing beats Melancholy Island. I'm still not sure if that was real or just a drug-induced hallucination. Maybe it was a coma. Who knows? I don't, that's for sure.

Let crystal blade dissipate and summon up a wall of fragmented light crystals. Arrange them in a defensive structure in front of our group. I am not taking chances with these... beings.

Ike gets up, gets one of the organs out of his pockets and start spinning his arms around, spraying goo everywhere in a short distance around him, including his teammates. It isn't very helpful.

The two humanoids don't seem that concerned with what he's doing, or anything else around them for that matter. They just keep walking forward. Towards you.

Zechariah draws from the light above the teleporter to create a quite sturdy wall of hardlight shards. Which is a bit of a shame because a moment later it is blasted apart by two brass bathtubs launched from Alan's hands. Given the distance and the fact that the bathtubs are slowed by the impact and pushed off course, the two humanoids easily manage to step out of the way. Zechariah grumbles and starts reforming the wall. The humanoid with the sword starts running towards you, while the other one keeps walking.

Nikolai assumes that whatever their intentions were before, they certainly aren't going to be friendly now that they fired at them, so he tries to fire his sling at them. It's hard to do so while on the floor however. Even though his aim is good, he just can't muster the strength to launch it far enough to hit them.

It is at that time that Irene steps through the northern door and takes a look at what's going on. From the stance of her teammates, it's easy to understand that whatever those two things are at the end of the corridor, they are probably not friendly. She's not having that. Irene brings forth a large amount of fire. She launches it forward at great speed, a stream of fire going right towards the two humanoids. And right through her teammates.

Seeing (but mostly hearing) the fire coming, Zechariah lets his wall break apart so that he and the others aren't flambéed from the fire bouncing on it. A small amount fire still comes his way but he manages to fall on the floor and avoid it.
"Gah, why do I even try?"

Irene meets a very weak resistance as her attack nears the two beings but she just powers through it, the stream of fire hitting them head on. There is no audible reaction as the stream hits them. No screams, no swearing, nothing. When the fire passes, it becomes apparent why. The two humanoids are covered almost completely in those yellow tentacled things, at least two of them per person, their tentacles wrapped around their bodies until only their hands and feet are uncovered. Two more lie unmoving on the ground behind them, burnt by Irene's attack but still trying to move, not quite dead yet. The swordsman's hands look dark and elongated, almost as if they have been mummified, while the other's hands look more normal, if a bit red.

Irene has lost a great part of her fire in the attack but she still has some left.

Map: http://i896.photobucket.com/albums/ac165/parisbre56/map11_zps8b4892c6.png
River (NPC) -> Black
Theri (Tiruin) -> Turquoise
Irene (Lenglon) -> Orange
Zechariah (DarkArtemisFowl) -> Light turquoise
Ike (Harry Baldman) -> Pink
Alan (Xantalos) -> Red
Nikolai (NAV) -> Green
Humanoid
Sword wielding humanoid
Tentacled thing

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2796 on: October 17, 2014, 05:56:04 pm »

Hey. Hey. You're filthy. Wash.

Giant soap bar barrage!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2797 on: October 17, 2014, 08:00:14 pm »

Irine, Campaign

"I... see... I'll see what I can do."
redirect the flame to the being with the sword, and keep it there, attempting to ignite the individual and use it as a source of additional flame
"Zech! What burned you earlier? Think I could harness it?"

((I do not approve of flame-burst attacks, I keep saying that it's a damage-over-time effect for a reason. I want to HOLD it on them so the damage isn't simply superficial, I want the heat to transfer deep into the target and damage the internal organs and bone, heating any armor/skin or other protective layers over the target and making the defenses themselves into sources of damage and pain. I think I've only ever asked for a burst-type attack once? ever? could I please stop doing them already? they're absurdly wasteful, costing me flame with every attack instead of generating additional flame for follow-on-attacks the way I intend.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2798 on: October 17, 2014, 08:26:05 pm »

((I agree with you, but when you overshoot, I need to have some unpleasant side effects. If you have a better suggestion, I'm willing to hear it, because currently my choices come down to hurting self, hurting others, unnecessary destruction of your environment, overkill, wasting ammo, tiring yourself, things like that. So after a while, things get repetitive.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2799 on: October 17, 2014, 08:42:33 pm »

((I agree with you, but when you overshoot, I need to have some unpleasant side effects. If you have a better suggestion, I'm willing to hear it, because currently my choices come down to hurting self, hurting others, unnecessary destruction of your environment, overkill, wasting ammo, tiring yourself, things like that. So after a while, things get repetitive.))
*considers*
that's fair.
I know what I'll be leveling up next time then. simple as that. carry on.
thanks for hearing me out.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2800 on: October 18, 2014, 12:33:31 am »

Even if I don't have the range, a boulder should keep rolling along the ground utill it hits something. Using my power, sling a rock at the enemies. Tsar the sling + ammo to make it a boulder just as I let go.
And keep advancing backwards.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 12:43:53 am by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2801 on: October 18, 2014, 01:16:08 am »

Campaign, Ike!

"Wow! Cool! Mindslaves! Guys! Don't murder them yet! Go for the octopuses first!"

"Also, save some power for later. I'm sure there's more octopus people around here somewhere!"

Spoiler: IkeNotes (click to show/hide)

Okay, it's time for some knife mutilation. Wait a bit and dodge any horrendous overshoots first, letting my teammates try their luck first, then perform knife mutilation on octopodes enslaving these fellows. Perhaps we can get some captives!
« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 01:21:24 am by Harry Baldman »

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2802 on: October 20, 2014, 05:17:42 am »

Survival

Stay inside the hole for cover. Ready weapon for shooting the guys at the car if they're hostile

"Eh you all, any o ya able ta heal me? Gota big hol in ma solda!"
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2803 on: October 20, 2014, 09:57:41 am »

Survival

Bite the man, then scuttle away. Since I'm underground, find something to eat.
You wake up.

You're lying with your back against the ground, your legs curled up above you. You're inside some kind of tunnel. Your legs can sense the smell of blood and smoke, as well as water. You're still feeling a bit tired and hungry.

You get up and crawl up to the man. He doesn't seem to notice. You do your best to bite him but its hard. His skin is so damn tough. After some effort, you think you manage to inject some venom. The man continues to be totally oblivious to your existence.

That done, youstart moving away, going deeper into the sewer. Maybe there's a mouse or something else you could eat around here.
"Let's get the hell out of here.  We need a ride."

Look around.  Do any cars look functional?  If so, get everyone in.  If not, Technomance the least broken one; can it be fixed?  Summon any parts it needs if it can be fixed easily.
Quote from: Saevus:autoaction
Help John.
With the help of Saevus, John makes his way around the plazza checking the cars. Despite the fact that some of them look sort-of OK, further investigation with his abilities reveals that all of them are in terrible shape. It's like someone deliberately shot them up or smashed them to make sure they wouldn't be working. He could start repairing one by scavenging parts from other cars or summoning them, but it would probably take just as long as it would take to summon one from scratch, since he'll be pretty much switching out the entire engine block.

That is, if he wants it done properly. If he just wants a car that has been severely shot, has some components missing and may or may not hold up, then repairing one would definitely be faster.

Survival

Stay inside the hole for cover. Ready weapon for shooting the guys at the car if they're hostile

"Eh you all, any o ya able ta heal me? Gota big hol in ma solda!"
The guys in the car do not appear hostile. Mostly because they, like their car been too banged up by the impact to move properly.
The guys that do appear hostile are the guys following them. Two cars, four passengers each. They stop, exit their cars and approach the crashed car, assault rifles and pistols in hand. They unload a few more rounds on the car, making sure its occupants won't be walking out of it.

That done, they turn to look towards you. You can't discern what gang they are from, they wear pretty generic coats. One of them even has a hat. Only common feature they share is that they have some kind of scarf around the lower part of their face to cover their mouth and nose.

They're a great distance away, almost three blocks. They're probably not looking at you, just looking at the building behind you. Still, you do your best to hide while aiming at them. Better safe than sorry.

Quote from: others:autoaction
Hide
You do your best to hide behind a shot up car.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 10:00:54 am by Parisbre56 »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2804 on: October 20, 2014, 10:13:35 am »

"None of these cars are worth much.  I could fix one, but we might be better off just headed out on foot for now.  Think fast!"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 185 186 [187] 188 189 ... 521