Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 183 184 [185] 186 187 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1128205 times)

bigjaredmonkey

• Bay Watcher
  • The Ace-ace ace-ace of ace-aces
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Nothing like the brochure
« Reply #2760 on: October 12, 2014, 01:59:12 pm »

sign me up. i want the power to summon any metal object.
This is a birch door. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. This object menaces with spikes of chicken leather. This object menaces with spikes of chicken leather. On the item is an image of ravens in birch.
Noob fortress, a succession game for noobs.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=157847.0

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2761 on: October 12, 2014, 02:39:55 pm »

Keep looking around with the shadows for other threats. Expand my search area to the rest of the current room that we are in right now.

Something... something doesn't feel right. There's something that should be here, but isn't. Come on... think!

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2762 on: October 12, 2014, 06:37:30 pm »

Survival

Slumber a few minutes, then awaken, bite him several times into the veins, spreading my poison, before quickly turning into a small bird and flying away. Then, wander around,a eating things to restore biomass.
Wild Rune is fast asleep!

survival

look for anything to get my shoulder feeling better. See if there's a gun somewhere along the way too
Well, your clothes are all burnt and torn, so you can't make a bandage out of them, at least nothing that will do much good.
Solutions are in order of proximity:
Finding a corpse and using its clothes, although that wouldn't be very sanitary.
Breaking into and searching a nearby house for cloth or medical supplies.
Looking around for a pharmacy to break into and search for medical supplies.
Going to a nearby hospital. Closest one should be to the north, near the centre of the island.
Returning to your house or a hideout used by your gang, both of which are not on this island.

As for a weapon, you could scavenge one from one of the bodies here, although it's quality and the amount of ammo you find with it depend on your luck. Peeking out of your hole, you think you can see an assault rifle under one of those burning cars. It looks undamaged.

Survival

"Chill out, we're not your enemies!  We're just trying to get out of here!"
Your leg keeps being numb. What's worse, it's getting harder to move it. Like it's weaker.
Glare menacingly at the two. If talking doesn't work - impalin' time.
((Sorry for not posting very much, school has been keeping me busy, so not much time to think out posts.))

Survival
"I don't suppose you gentlemen would like to explain what's going on here?"
Be ready to dive for cover and use telekinesis to deflect bullets coming towards me

((No worries man, RL comes first.))
Survival
talk sense into them by making them realize that we are not enemies
If that does not work, disarm ASAP
"Chill out, we're not your enemies!  We're just trying to get out of here!"
The man doesn't appear to be convinced.
"Yeah, right! You think that'll work on me? Now don't come any closer or I'll blow your brains out!"
"I don't suppose you gentlemen would like to explain what's going on here?"
"Ha! Like you don't know."
"No, we really don't."
"Oh, yeah? Then why don't you ask your friend over there?" he says making a motion with the barrel of his gun towards Saevus.
"Or better yet, don't. I'm sure he'll kill you soon enough, the backstabbing bastard."
"Look, sir, if you think we pose a danger to you, wouldn't it be smarter for you to let us go? That way nobody has to get hurt."
That gives the man pause.
The other one whispers something to him.
"Shut up, I'm thinking!" the man snaps at him.
Everything is quiet for a few seconds. Everybody's staring at each other, ready to kill.
After a few more seconds, he speaks, the tone of his voice quiet and angry.
"I should kill you all for what you did... but I want to live."
He sighs.
"Everyone gets out of here slowly and quietly. No sudden movements, no nothing. Anything else and I'll make sure at least one of you is filled full of lead before I die."

OOC
survival

See if there's anything on me. If there is, brush it off, then look for anything to get my shoulder feeling better. See if there's a gun somewhere along the way too.

How would you know to search yourself for anything on you? The only likely reason you're doing this is because you are metagaming from knowing that my turn was to get on you. Please fix this  ::)
No need to worry, really. He still gets the same awareness roll regardless. I'm not going to give anyone bonuses for metagaming, especially if the metagaming is done so obviously

@Salsacookies: You can avoid this feeling metagaming-y by changing your wording to something more conditional, like "if I happen to notice...". That way the way your character acts doesn't change due to OOC reasons but you still have a response ready in case the OOC knowledge becomes IC knowledge.

sign me up. i want the power to summon any metal object.
Just that? Making metal appear in front of you out of thin air? If yes, then I'll just roll for advantages/disadvatnages and send you the results.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2763 on: October 12, 2014, 07:31:01 pm »

Wake up, bite him on the veins, then get a bite under his chin, and finally on the front and back of the neck. Then, shoot a web towards the nearest wall, and let go of the Human. As I swing, change into a bird, and use the momentum of the swing to move upwards at full speed. Then, survey the human's reaction to dying.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2764 on: October 12, 2014, 09:37:43 pm »

Campaign

Irine, Campaign
((there no way I'm leaving him to do this solo, I saw him get hurt from trying it at first and I'm unaware of the threats in the main room.))

<I'm honored to have your trust. planning on leaving yourself unconscious right after giving a large portion of your power to someone you are uncomfortable with, and in their presence with no protections in place... that is a brave thing to do.>
i don't understand... he didn't trust me before, why is he suddenly willing to trust me now? Did he see something in my mind to change his opinion?

((note: The uncolored text hasn't been actual speech, it's what I'm thinking. Due to the link River is accessing it, but it isn't me actually trying to communicate that way.))
((Yeah, he's unaware of it too. River is going to have a very serious talk on the merits of talking to your companions when there is time.
As for the speech, I didn't realize that. Thanks for clarifying.))

He feels uncomfortable at that. Doubtful. Doesn't quite know what to say or how to say it. Many thoughts pass through his mind before he settles on one. The fact that he is tired and can't focus doesn't help.
Stop thinking about it. She needs no answer.
My instincts tell me she won't. Not now.
No fear for death.
But I can not die for nothing. I can not leave them.
Theri said she would not.
She may still do it. If she thinks she can.
The others need our help. She will help them.
She helped me. Us.
I helped her.
She trusted me.
I trusted her. To help us.
It might be a trick.
Theri said she is not tricky.
But she is. Like the others.
She is my companion.
What you thought is true. Your mind is good. I can take you out of here. You would not kill me now. You would have nothing to gain.
And I will not be unconscious. Not if I can help it.

You finish building the final part of the barrier module. The pulses of energy in it start spreading. Soon all of it will be active.
Joy.
The vision blurs for a second as he nears unconsciousness but return a moment later.

He directs you to one of the most fragmented modules. Almost nothing is left. All of it is scrambled. This one is full of those foreign fragments.
Teleporter. Almost gone.
He needs to repair it as quickly as possible. But he needs energy first.
His mind focuses on the foreign pieces and the need to know them. To assemble them.
I need to know what I destroy. What I devour.

Campaign, Ike!

Spoiler: IkeNotes (click to show/hide)

Chuck a little bit of yellow goop at each of the yellow land octopuses to mark them out!
You start walking towards the pillar the thing is hiding behind so that you can reach the little gap they are in and-
No, bad idea, backing up, backing up!
Campaign
If I know the octopodes are there, then advance backwards and sling a boulder at one.

If I don't see them, then walk backwards and continue the rock throwing technique to find invisible things.

You take a step back and prepare to fire.
Keep looking around with the shadows for other threats. Expand my search area to the rest of the current room that we are in right now.

Something... something doesn't feel right. There's something that should be here, but isn't. Come on... think!

The two tentacle monsters leap out of their hiding places behind the pillars. The two masses of small fleshy appendages fly towards them, their tentacles coiling back, ready to strike. They are not like the others. They look less yellow. And a bit bigger. And quicker. And a lot angrier.

And worse of all, smarter. Ike easily ducks to avoid a tentacle going for his head, but that turns out to be a feint. The actual attack hits him in the chest. He rolls with the hit, allowing himself to be pushed backwards, thus avoiding getting hurt.

Zechariah sees the monsters coming despite his bad eye and expertly dodges the tentacles going for him. He counter-attacks, creating a blade of light at the end of his staff as he slashes with it, cutting many of the creature's limbs. The severed tentacles fall on the ground, twitching, while the wounds of their owner drip its yellowish blood.

Nikolai is not so lucky. By the time he has realized what is going on, it is too late to react. A group of tentacles hits him in the leg like a freight truck. He hears it snap before he feels it. The pain is too much. He falls to the ground, unconscious.

Alan stands perfectly still as tentacles fly around him, all of them failing to hit him. He kicks one of the tentacles and then steps on it.
Bad octopus.

OOC
Stop making terrible awareness rolls!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2765 on: October 12, 2014, 09:40:29 pm »

Campaign

Commit all power to aid River/Irine!
Also give Irine a hug.

((Sorry, sickness got me. Prior to that, RL got me. Both are not respective in order of occurrence to each other))
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 07:52:10 pm by Tiruin »

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2766 on: October 12, 2014, 09:51:39 pm »

Campaign
Damnit Nikolai, this is not the right time for a nap.
Wake up and tsar slash the octopus.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Wolfkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2767 on: October 12, 2014, 11:00:35 pm »

Can I get in on this too?
Spoiler: Character sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 07:40:44 am by Wolfkit »
You wanna frisk this guy? This guy with the technicolor wonder limbs? The limbs that could probably slap you on several different levels of reality?
Your tabs are just pure chaos, Wolfkit.
Sig

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2768 on: October 13, 2014, 12:34:36 am »

Irine, Campaign

Devour...
Another part of what Entities are?
I miss home...
Focus on the shards of the attack that broke this place, and attempt to reassemble them into the whole they once formed.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2769 on: October 13, 2014, 08:42:03 am »

Campaign, Ike!

Spoiler: IkeNotes (click to show/hide)

Knife at least one of those pesky octopodes in the center of mass via tricky footwork!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2770 on: October 13, 2014, 08:59:28 am »

((Alan is doing really well, considering.))

Survival

"Okay, okay.  We just want to get the hell out of here.  Look, hands empty."

Put away the last pistol, show empty hands, and limp out of here with the group.  I'll fix it in a second.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 10:30:19 am by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2771 on: October 13, 2014, 10:12:48 am »

Survival

More glaring at the two AR wielding guys. Get out of the building. Help John out if needed. If the AR-guys decide to backstab us - commence impaling.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 03:06:40 pm by Hawk132 »
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2772 on: October 13, 2014, 07:19:33 pm »

Irine, Campaign

((Sorry Paris about having 2 posts to respond too. the thoughts in the first one and this one occur in parallel btw.))
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 07:44:51 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2773 on: October 13, 2014, 07:46:30 pm »

Dammit Art- wait, I can't blame Artemis for this. I'm pretty sure that he doesn't have anything to do with yellow octopi..

Still, DAMMIT ARTEMIS!

Get myself into a defensive stance and keep my crystal-bladed staff at the ready. If I receive another attack, use my staff to defend myself. If not, use the shadows to try and wrap the octopi down and keep them pinned.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 01:30:57 pm by DarkArtemisFowl »
« Reply #2774 on: October 14, 2014, 06:45:49 am »

Survival
Get out of the building slowly and quietly so I they don't try to shoot me.
If they decide to try shoot me, Disarm them ASAP
Pages: 1 ... 183 184 [185] 186 187 ... 521