Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 182 183 [184] 185 186 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1128115 times)

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Nothing like the brochure
« Reply #2745 on: October 09, 2014, 06:51:09 pm »

"Be careful around that door," I announce. "I can't see very well, but something over there is making some weird visual effects. Just stay cautious."

Probe around with the shadows some more. Keep them mainly focused around the door and attempt to seek the origin of these lines.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2746 on: October 09, 2014, 09:46:10 pm »

((PS:  Nice choice with the pistols.  Can't go wrong with the classics.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2747 on: October 10, 2014, 08:55:35 pm »

Survival

Follow the man who jumped from the building. If I catch him, land on his shoulder, become a black widow, and bite him. My poison will end his life. Then, return to bird form and flee back towards the building.
You fly down, into the small crater the man has made when he fell, the dust around you making it harder to see and breathe.

He fell through the relatively thin layer of asphalt and concrete and into some sort of sewage pipe, a small tunnel barely large enough to fit a small man standing up. His impact has broken many of the smaller pipes that were attached to the tunnel walls, one of which (a thin pipe with many wires sticking out of it) has impaled his right shoulder. Luckily for him, it's probably just telephone wires, otherwise he'd be very dead right now.

You land on the man's shoulder and transform into a spider.
And then immediately loose consciousness due to tiredness and hunger.

Survival

Ow. Climb back out, and find a doctor to fix me up
You try to move. You can't turn your chest. That thing going through it is stopping you. And one of your arms hurts whenever you use it.
You slowly raise your good hand, grab a pipe to use as a handhold and start trying to pull yourself up. You pull yourself halfway up with much difficulty. And then the screws holding the pipe break and you fall back down again, smashing your face against the floor. Not good.

Okay, one more try. This time you carefully search the wall and put your hand in a hole you find there, hoping it will be sturdier. You manage to pull yourself up and allow yourself to move freely once more, the pipe going through your shoulder causing you a few more injuries as it gets out.

Your shoulder is bleeding moderately, but at least none of your bones have been broken by the impact and the pain is starting to get a bit better now.

You're in a small hole in the ground where you punched through the street and into a small tunnel below, barely large enough to hold a human. Peeking out, you can see that you're on the street outside of the gallery, the one going around the small plaza next to it. The plaza is a very simple thing, just a small concrete circle with some benches and large concrete squares holding dirt and plants in them jutting out of it. There are a couple of burning cars next to your hole, which have been further pelted by debris from your impact. Around the plaza, there are signs of combat. Bullet holes, broken lampposts, shot up cars, fires, broken bottles, bodies with guns lying beside them... You think you can even spot where a grenade went off. Much of the bullet holes surround the entrance of the Gallery. And you notice that the top floor of the Gallery is now completely on fire, thick clouds of smoke rising above it, periodically illuminated by a light coming from behind it.

The plaza is in a very small park-like area with grass and small bushes that surrounds the Gallery. To the north of the plaza, the road leads to a relatively large street lined with small houses and stores with the roofs of some larger warehouses poking from behind some of them. You can see a similar sight to the east and west, with the difference that the road there is replaced by a small cobblestone path.

As for your more general surroundings, you (or rather your host) knows from memory that the old dysfunctional police station and coastguard station are to the west. The Corleone bridge which leads to Reinerfield is to the north-east. The centre of the island, where the largest residential, office and other important buildings reside (along with a few governmental buildings) is to the north. The Sovereign's bridge and the central tunnel leading into Downtown are further north. To the Northwest, right past the Kingdom Bay docks, is Allen Bridge, leading into Westwood. And then there's the old lighthouse in the southernmost part of the island, right behind the gallery, still shining its light into the ocean and the city.

This night is getting even darker. Wind is picking up, pushing the smoke coming out of the Gallery above you. You can see storm clouds gathering further up, their dark shapes given a soft orange glow by the lights of the city reflected on them.

Survival

Look around the place. Watch for enemies.
You can't shake the feeling that Lioraw is trying to stay as far away from you as possible.

Survival

John handed out the pistols to whoever wants them.  "Right, here you go.  Now let's get out of here."

Is there a back door?  That's probably better.  Poke around for one, but don't get separated from the group.
Bryan wanted one, so let's assume he gets one and you keep the other.

You think you saw someone in one of those small corridors, but Saevus goes right past it and says nothing.

Survival
Check the other rooms for useful items and out of the building
As the rest of the team gets out of the elevator, Lioraw leading the way, they get a better look at the other room. It's a massacre. Someone must have thrown some sort of explosive in it. The results were not good for those inside it.

You haven't taken more than a dozen of steps after exiting the elevator when-
"Stop! Don't come any closer!"
The voice comes from behind the reception desk, from whence two assault-rifle-wielding men have popped up. They are taking cover behind it, pointing their tommyguns at you. From what little you can see of their faces, they look absolutely terrified (especially about Saevus) and very willing to shoot you.
Looks like you missed something when you were checking out the room.

OOC
Another thing shared by the two missions: Everybody failing to spot their enemies.
((PS:  Nice choice with the pistols.  Can't go wrong with the classics.))
Well, I believe it's the most iconic non-revolver handgun of the era, at least movie-wise.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2748 on: October 10, 2014, 09:01:32 pm »

Slumber a few minutes, then awaken, bite him several times into the veins, spreading my poison, before quickly turning into a small bird and flying away. Then, wander around,a eating things to restore biomass.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2749 on: October 10, 2014, 09:05:56 pm »

Survival

"Chill out, we're not your enemies!  We're just trying to get out of here!"
« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 09:12:19 pm by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2750 on: October 10, 2014, 10:48:10 pm »

Campaign

((I would converse, but side conversations would slow down the process of building the barrier...
eh, whatever, I'm bored and it was invited.))
My body isn't for combat either though, My greatest tool, both for building and for battle, is and has been my mind...
((True, but I felt bad having you waiting while the others do stuff. Of course, you can always just stop helping and let him do it on his own.))

He doesn't feel convinced about what you are saying. He thinks for a few moments, trying to understand why he said what he said and put it to words. Tiredness does not make it easy.
Yes. But I want to leave this place quickly. I have to try. And you can burn the heart of the parasites' body. And if we are safe it will be well. Even if I am unconscious. Because I will have time to help them.
It's a strange experience really. Feeling like your body is both tired and well at the same time. The fact that he has somehow made your bodies feel similar helped lessen the distractions, especially at the start but now that his senses are beginning to diverge it's getting a bit disorienting. At least his mental exhaustion is not affecting you.

Campaign
Continue the tried and true rock throwing method to detect invisible things. Be well prepared to advance backwards should things become dangerous.
((We aren't retreating, we are advancing in a backwards direction.))

You get another rock from your pocket and throw it towards the pillars on your right. Nothing happens. The rock just flies as expected.
"Be careful around that door," I announce. "I can't see very well, but something over there is making some weird visual effects. Just stay cautious."

Probe around with the shadows some more. Keep them mainly focused around the door and attempt to seek the origin of these lines.
The origin of those lines is probably the door, since they all seem to be pointing at at it.
They are just lines on the wall by the looks of it. Merely pushing the wall a bit erases them.
You move the shadow around the door and its surrounding area but meet no resistance.

Campaign, Ike!

Spoiler: IkeNotes (click to show/hide)

Leap like a ravenous goat toward my goal! The delay is making me frightened and confused! Commence previously stated plans when there!
You move as quickly as you can towards your teammates, although you don't do much leaping. Mostly because leaping around with a backpack sounds unhealthy.

You reach them, a bit out of breath. As you try to catch your breath, you also attempt to listen around for any trouble.
There is something. That squeeky noise. Coming from both left and right. Almost impossible to hear with normal ears.
You hold your breath to make it quiet and then emit another pulse. Oh, there it is. You exhale.
There's a delay that wasn't there before. Sounds like there are two things, each hiding in the small arch in the ceiling and behind the two closest pillars. Long but thin, spread out, moving, changing shape, sometimes letting more and sometimes less sound go through it.
If you had to guess, you'd say that this is one of those yellow land octopuses. Probably went through the door and then moved from pillar to pillar until they got here.

You'd think that out of three people, one of them should had seen that coming. Literally.

Map: http://i896.photobucket.com/albums/ac165/parisbre56/map8_zpsd976c5cd.png
River (NPC) -> Black
Theri (Tiruin) -> Turquoise
Irene (Lenglon) -> Orange
Zechariah (DarkArtemisFowl) -> Light turquoise
Ike (Harry Baldman) -> Pink
Alan (Xantalos) -> Red
Nikolai (NAV) -> Green
Yellow land octopus
« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 10:54:01 pm by Parisbre56 »

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2751 on: October 10, 2014, 10:59:17 pm »

survival

look for anything to get my shoulder feeling better. See if there's a gun somewhere along the way too
« Last Edit: October 11, 2014, 08:44:32 am by Salsacookies »
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2752 on: October 11, 2014, 01:41:07 am »

Glare menacingly at the two. If talking doesn't work - impalin' time.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2014, 02:56:55 am by Hawk132 »
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2753 on: October 11, 2014, 01:47:45 am »

Irine, Campaign
((there no way I'm leaving him to do this solo, I saw him get hurt from trying it at first and I'm unaware of the threats in the main room.))

<I'm honored to have your trust. planning on leaving yourself unconscious right after giving a large portion of your power to someone you are uncomfortable with, and in their presence with no protections in place... that is a brave thing to do.>
i don't understand... he didn't trust me before, why is he suddenly willing to trust me now? Did he see something in my mind to change his opinion?

((note: The uncolored text hasn't been actual speech, it's what I'm thinking. Due to the link River is accessing it, but it isn't me actually trying to communicate that way.))
« Last Edit: October 11, 2014, 01:51:58 am by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2754 on: October 11, 2014, 01:50:24 am »

Campaign, Ike!

Spoiler: IkeNotes (click to show/hide)

Chuck a little bit of yellow goop at each of the yellow land octopuses to mark them out!

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2755 on: October 11, 2014, 07:07:15 am »

survival

See if there's anything on me. If there is, brush it off, then look for anything to get my shoulder feeling better. See if there's a gun somewhere along the way too

How would you know to search yourself for anything on you? The only likely reason you're doing this is because you are metagaming from knowing that my turn was to get on you. Please fix this  ::)
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2756 on: October 11, 2014, 08:45:35 am »

Edited, sorry about that, didn't want to die :(
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2757 on: October 11, 2014, 09:26:27 am »

Campaign
If I know the octopodes are there, then advance backwards and sling a boulder at one.

If I don't see them, then walk backwards and continue the rock throwing technique to find invisible things.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2758 on: October 11, 2014, 02:57:46 pm »

((Sorry for not posting very much, school has been keeping me busy, so not much time to think out posts.))

Survival
"I don't suppose you gentlemen would like to explain what's going on here?"
Be ready to dive for cover and use telekinesis to deflect bullets coming towards me
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!
« Reply #2759 on: October 11, 2014, 08:46:28 pm »

Survival
talk sense into them by making them realize that we are not enemies
If that does not work, disarm ASAP
Pages: 1 ... 182 183 [184] 185 186 ... 521