Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 180 181 [182] 183 184 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1127945 times)

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Nothing like the brochure
« Reply #2715 on: September 30, 2014, 04:20:41 pm »

Survival, Bryan

Continue following Lioraw.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 04:28:15 pm by Alarith »
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2716 on: September 30, 2014, 04:39:10 pm »

"You're going to feel horrible, but live," Zechariah echoed. "I feel like I've heard that before. Several times, actually." He sighed softly and turned around, walking back to the doorway and wincing as the pain thumped through his body.

I might as well find Alan, he thought. Maybe he'll be able to spin up some cloth for me. Clean, hopefully.

..Then again, my luck has been absolutely terrible, so I wouldn't be surprised if Alan accidentally summoned some flesh-eating cloth that will strangulate me.

Find Alan and go assist him and the others if they need my help (for instance, if they are in combat or sneaking around). If not, request some clean cloth or straight-up bandages from Alan.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2717 on: September 30, 2014, 06:10:01 pm »

Why I'll certainly help you, broody guy who I punched in the face at one point!

In addition to my other action, summon bandages at my friend here! Big bandages. BIG. He has big owies.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2718 on: October 02, 2014, 07:59:18 am »

"My leg feels like shit.  Think I got a nasty burn.  Also, this armor sucks."

Chuck the useless armor and follow the group.  Summon a few flashbangs.
You get a flashbulb attached to a battery and a switch. That's sort of helpful?
Saevus, Survival

"Merely a dent. Let us continue on our way. I shall protect."

Summon a tower shield for me. Keep moving. Protect the group, whether by stabbing or keeping my shield up. Stabbing with the shield is acceptable.

You summon a shield to go along with your spear and set it up in front of the elevator doors.
Two objects at the same time is starting to strain you but not enough to cause any problems. Yet.
Survival, Bryan

Continue following Lioraw.
Survival
Use the Lift to escape
Lioraw presses the "Call elevator" button and the elevator doors open with a ping.
Everybody gets inside. Good thing this elevator is spacious.
Lioraw looks at the others wearily before pressing the ground floor button.
The elevator doors close with another ping and radio starts playing from an overhead speaker as the elevator slowly descends.

"So, anybody read any good books recently?"
"Well, the Silo series is kind of nice. Read until book 5 and it seems all right. It has some good ideas, some nice characters and an interesting depiction of the post-apocalyptic world. That, coupled with the overall mystery should keep you reading for a while."
"Cool. Speaking of post-apocalyptic, I heard Metro 2035 is coming later this year."
"I dunno man, haven't you already played the game? That kinda spoils the ending."

The elevator will arrive next turn.

Grab Blue and throw him out of the window, then assist White by putting Red in a full nelson.
You grab Blue and you throw him... right at the ceiling. Whoops.

You spend a few seconds looking at Blue wiggling his legs as in a rather comical manner as they get brighter and brighter. Then you realise that this is probably a bad idea. You turn around and try to run, but by then it's too late.
The explosion is surprisingly silent, just a flash of blue light coming from somewhere behind you followed by something hitting your back.

It takes you a few seconds to regain your bearings. You feel very dizzy and your head hurts but you think you're not dying any time soon.

A large part of the roof has collapsed, revealing the dark sky above. The room has been filled with debris but somehow you were lucky enough to avoid getting hit by something heavy. Most of the fires in the room have been extinguished as a result, making it appear much darker. There is no sign of Blue.

Turning your head to look around, you see that both Red and White are bleeding heavily. On top of the bullet wounds John caused, Red now also sports a large gash in his arm that is bleeding profusely. A large part of White's shirt has turned red, soaked with blood, although the nature of the injury is concealed by his clothes. It doesn't look like either of them has a long time to live.

Become a highly venomous scorpion, and locate/follow a team member. When I find them, sting them. Then do the cockroach escape again.
You'd do that, but as you go through the window, you are hit by a flash of blue light followed by a wave of kinetic energy that slams you against a wall hard, severely damaging your exoskeleton and internal organs.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2719 on: October 02, 2014, 09:09:04 am »

"That's one trap avoided.  Anyone need any gear?"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2720 on: October 02, 2014, 03:41:57 pm »

"Eh, anything important I need ta kno before ya both die?"

After I get an answer, or if they don't answer, leave the room via jumping out the window
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2721 on: October 02, 2014, 04:41:31 pm »

Quickly change form to a bird, and fly directly upwards. If more blue lights attack, commence evasive maneuvers. Search for another person (A player) to kill.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2722 on: October 02, 2014, 05:31:24 pm »

"Sounds like it was a good thing we left.
Bryan shifts around so that he's standing in one of the corners next to the door, leaning on the walls.
"What do you think we're going to have to do to survive?"
Wait
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2723 on: October 02, 2014, 07:35:26 pm »

Survival

John shrugged.  "Okay then."

Summon some pistols.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 09:49:18 pm by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2724 on: October 02, 2014, 09:22:51 pm »

"Ugh. Sorry, didn't mean to ignore you.  I'd appreciate a hand gun.  Always good to have multiple options.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2725 on: October 02, 2014, 09:49:29 pm »

"Righto."
« Reply #2726 on: October 02, 2014, 10:05:00 pm »

Survival
> Wait for the door to open and get out

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2727 on: October 03, 2014, 12:46:06 am »

Survival

Wait for the door to open.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 12:47:38 am by Hawk132 »
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2728 on: October 03, 2014, 07:56:31 pm »

Campaign

Nikolai: Campaign

"Thanks. Now let's get the hell out of here."
Go back inside, bandage my neck, and find River.
Edit: And gather a few tentacles in by backpack, as long as they aren't too gross. Nikolai needs rope.

((Once again, the mission's first kill goes to Nikolai. With an assist by Ike.))
You stick a couple of the severed tentacles in your bag and hope that yellow goo they are oozing from where they were cut won't make all your stuff stink. Yay, questionable quality rope. Considering that it almost strangled you and lifted you in the air, you can at least be sure it's strong enough. Unless it starts decomposing.
Why I'll certainly help you, broody guy who I punched in the face at one point!

In addition to my other action, summon bandages at my friend here! Big bandages. BIG. He has big owies.
((I'll just have you do this one and walk a bit.))
"You're going to feel horrible, but live," Zechariah echoed. "I feel like I've heard that before. Several times, actually." He sighed softly and turned around, walking back to the doorway and wincing as the pain thumped through his body.

I might as well find Alan, he thought. Maybe he'll be able to spin up some cloth for me. Clean, hopefully.

..Then again, my luck has been absolutely terrible, so I wouldn't be surprised if Alan accidentally summoned some flesh-eating cloth that will strangulate me.

Find Alan and go assist him and the others if they need my help (for instance, if they are in combat or sneaking around). If not, request some clean cloth or straight-up bandages from Alan.
Nikolai, Alan and Zechariah regroup near the teleporter, with the injured ones asking the uninjured one for bandages. Alan complies, and immediately points his palm at Nikolai. Nikolai isn't fast enough to duck, but it turns out he doesn't have to, seeing that all that comes out of Alan's palm is a thick piece of cloth. Nikolai catches it and uses it to apply pressure to his wound. Not perfect, but good enough.
Then he tries to summon something for Zechariah but it seems like nothing is happening. A few pieces of shredded cloth come out of his palm but nothing else.

You hear the sound of wind coming from somewhere far away. Those that turn to look see the door to the outside has opened. But there's nothing there... Hmmm...

Campaign, Ike!

"Well, that was easy to resolve."

Spoiler: IkeNotes (click to show/hide)

If I have something to transfer harvested alchemical ingredients into, get some choicier bits of yellow land octopus and stick them in there.

Then go to the Dark Room on the Right, that is, the dark room at the end of the side passage I haven't explored yet. Open door as before while stepping aside, listen and smell for danger, prepare to dodge.

You pick up some Yellow Land Octopus internal organs and stick them in your pockets, filling them and your hands with yellow goo in the process. You wipe the goo from your hands on your shirt and get going to the right door.

This room smells even more of nothing. I guess you could say it smells less than the others. It has no smell. Just pure, clean air.

The room is just dark it seems. No darkness here. From what your ears are telling you, it's just one big square with a domed ceiling. There's something spherical embedded at the top of the dome.

Under it are four large egg-shaped things embedded in the ground, surrounded by a circle made out of smaller eggs (still about as large as you though) and things that feel like benches, or tables (they feel kinda like this, but larger). There's 8 of the small eggs and 8 benches in the circle.

You hear the door to the outside opening again. You can tell by the sound of wind that accompanies the barrier disappearing.

Irine, Campaign

That is very much not fine.
I pause for a moment, then speak up.
"Zech, heat damages things over time. If that all came from one quick burst, then you're actually a lot better off than you feel right now. With the exception of the burns on your face, they're all really shallow. Get some clean cloth and string, and make a pad for the part of your face that's bleeding to let it clot. Fire leaves clean wounds, but open bleeding sores that contact the air will get infected anyway. The pain is only going to get worse as your body starts regrowing the burned-off nerves, be ready for that. You're going to feel horrible, but you'll live."
Not the full truth, but close, and it'll help Theri help him.
Only after I'm done speaking do I turn back to the rods and resume the earlier position and return to acting for River.
"Ready."
This is cold-hearted, but Theri can help him almost as well as I can and I think we're in a hurry here. I need to help River finish this as fast as possible.
I'll want to check out his wounds in detail later.
As Zechariah walks away, River approaches you again and stands close to you, his hands over yours.
"Thank you." he whispers quickly and quietly before resuming his mind link with you. His mind once again interprets the data you are provided with, giving them a form you can understand.

At his prompt, you resume rebuilding the missing pieces of that particular part of the... whatever this thing you are fixing is. He gives more and more of his power to you for this. He's starting to feel like he is going to collapse. His thoughts are slower, focused only on the task at hand.
But whatever you're doing seems to be working. This section starts lighting up, reactivating, the connections once again pulsing with energy. With the missing pieces in place it's easier to understand. Looks like something meant to form some sort of barrier, drawing power and using it against things it recognizes. He feels like it will be ready soon, a fact that he uses to push himself more, to encourage himself to keep doing this.

Map: http://i896.photobucket.com/albums/ac165/parisbre56/map6_zps17bb886a.png
River (NPC) -> Black
Theri (Tiruin) -> Turquoise
Irene (Lenglon) -> Orange
Zechariah (DarkArtemisFowl) -> Light turquoise
Ike (Harry Baldman) -> Pink
Alan (Xantalos) -> Red
Nikolai (NAV) -> Green

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2729 on: October 03, 2014, 10:18:36 pm »

Nikolai: Campaign

"Who's there? Show yourself."
Sling a warning rock at the suspiciously open door.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 10:35:58 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.
Pages: 1 ... 180 181 [182] 183 184 ... 521