Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 178 179 [180] 181 182 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1127700 times)

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Nothing like the brochure
« Reply #2685 on: September 28, 2014, 08:46:09 pm »

Campaign

Action: Continue last action!
« Last Edit: September 28, 2014, 10:25:20 pm by DarkArtemisFowl »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2686 on: September 28, 2014, 09:20:44 pm »

Survival

"My leg feels like shit.  Think I got a nasty burn.  Also, this armor sucks."

Chuck the useless armor and follow the group.  Summon a few flashbangs.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 10:11:48 am by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2687 on: September 28, 2014, 09:44:38 pm »

Irine, Campaign

Continue to do River's will.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2688 on: September 28, 2014, 10:25:24 pm »

Campaign

Huh. Huh. Heh. Wheeze. wheeeeeeeeze. I'm wheezing here, goddamn.

Summon electric scooter and go the rest of the way! Try to make it have a little rubber horn on it so I can honk it when I arrive.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2689 on: September 28, 2014, 11:04:24 pm »

Nikolai: Campaign

"Fuck you tentacles."
Point knife at it and tsar.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2690 on: September 29, 2014, 10:09:19 am »

Saevus, Survival

"Merely a dent. Let us continue on our way. I shall protect."

Summon a tower shield for me. Keep moving. Protect the group, whether by stabbing or keeping my shield up. Stabbing with the shield is acceptable.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 02:22:14 pm by Hawk132 »
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2691 on: September 29, 2014, 10:17:54 am »

Campaign, Ike!

"Hey, it's a yellow land octopus!"

Spoiler: IkeNotes (click to show/hide)

Get my octopus killin' knife, and stab that yellow land octopus in its cold, cold heart or perhaps its most important artery. Stab until results are had or results start to appear impossible.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2692 on: September 29, 2014, 11:44:16 am »

Campaign

Irine, Campaign

Continue to do River's will.
You finish putting all the pieces of this section back together, but there are still some missing.
Frustration.
He focuses on the concept of power and wishes for it to be transferred to you.
You feel yourself becoming stronger, feeling better, like you could do anything, even as he starts feeling more tired.
You see a vision of a missing piece. It looks completely different than the others, more organic, less ordered. But you think it should work. It feels like it would fit.
You focus on the power you have received and the image he has given you and the piece starts forming, filling the gap.
He's feeling tired. But he also feels like he must continue.
I need more power. Could I take it from here? Should I contact him? Or would he consider that against the rules?
His thoughts and glimpses of memories filled with anxiety are interrupted by a voice.
"Help. I need healing."
Fear. Protectiveness. Surprise.
Already?
The link between you breaks and the images you see dissolve, becoming unintelligible without his thoughts to provide a framework.
You feel his body move away from yours.
You let go of the rods, open your eyes and turn around to see Zechariah coming up the stairs with half of his face burnt and bleeding slightly. His clothes also look like they were burnt by something.
"What happened?"

Campaign

Action: Continue last action!
You keep walking until you reach the room Darkstar, Irene and Theri is.
You climb up the stairs. Up there is Irene with her hands touching two of the glowing rods. Darkstar is behind her with his hands over hers, roughly matching her posture, which is made a bit more difficult due to their height difference.
"Help. I need healing."
He lets go of Irene and turns around to face you. He looks tired, his movements slower, his tail limp, his body stance lower.
A second later, Irene does the same, although she doesn't look tired.
"What happened?"

"Fuck you tentacles."
Point knife at it and tsar.
Campaign, Ike!

"Hey, it's a yellow land octopus!"

Get my octopus killin' knife, and stab that yellow land octopus in its cold, cold heart or perhaps its most important artery. Stab until results are had or results start to appear impossible.
Despite the fact that he is starting to near unconsciousness, Nikolai manages to untsar his backpack and put all of his energy into his knife. The knife transforms into an ornate claymore with a small red jewel on its golden handle.

The combination of the enlargement of the knife accompanied by the deflation of the giant backpack below him allow him to twist his hand enough to allow him to cut most of the tentacles holding his claymore wielding arm. They cut pieces fall to the ground, twitching. But all is not over yet.

The sword is a bit heavy to use efficiently with one arm and his body isn't in the best of states. He tries to slash the rest of the tentacles but he can't quite manage to lift it enough. The central part of the creature is almost upon him now, hovering about a metre above his head.

Luckily for him, Ike has used the distraction Nikolai provided to get into position to attack the creature's heart, choosing the side which has the least tentacles. Despite its apparent lack of sensory organs, it seems to know Ike is attacking. It uses one of its tentacles like a whip, trying to hit Ike in the head, but he easily sidesteps it and counter-attacks with a slash that almost severs the tentacle in half. That done, he jumps towards the creature's central part, aiming to stab it. It barely manages to evade his strike by pulling itself away.

Campaign

Huh. Huh. Heh. Wheeze. wheeeeeeeeze. I'm wheezing here, goddamn.

Summon electric scooter and go the rest of the way! Try to make it have a little rubber horn on it so I can honk it when I arrive.
A glowing wooden wheel hits you in the back of your head and then disappears along with your bellows.
Perhaps the universe is trying to remind you that scooters are not common household objects.

Anyway, you arrive at the scene to see Ike and Nikolai engaged in combat with a "yellow land octopus" as Ike described it, a yellow sack of pale flesh with a large number of wire-thin tentacles coming out of it. Ike has managed to go around "behind" the creature and is currently trying to stab it in the central part with his knife. Meanwhile Nikolai is under attack by most of the thing's tentacles who are keeping most of his body immobile, except for one of his arms, with which he is trying (and failing) to wield a claymore (the big sword, not the mine). There is a number of severed yellow tentacles twitching on the ground below.

Map: http://i896.photobucket.com/albums/ac165/parisbre56/map5_zps3ab54ea8.png
River (NPC) -> Black
Theri (Tiruin) -> Turquoise
Irene (Lenglon) -> Orange
Zechariah (DarkArtemisFowl) -> Light turquoise
Ike (Harry Baldman) -> Pink
Alan (Xantalos) -> Red
Nikolai (NAV) -> Green
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 12:01:16 pm by Parisbre56 »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2693 on: September 29, 2014, 11:47:33 am »

Campaign, Ike!

"Feisty little thing, innit?"

Stab until results are had or results start to appear impossible, as per previous statements.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2694 on: September 29, 2014, 01:21:31 pm »

Untsar the knife, point directly at it's core, and tsar it.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2695 on: September 29, 2014, 01:50:40 pm »

Campaign

"Well, I simply tried to part some shadows out of the way of a door and then the - agh - space in front of me.. exploded.. in a fury of light. No.. dammit.. no time to dodge."

The pain was agonizing for Zechariah. He'd felt worse before, but this was definitely pretty high on his scale of near-death scenarios. Okay, probably not, considering the amount of shenanigans he had to put up with in the Medium, but this was still pretty bad.

"You can harass me later for this, but for now, I kinda wouldn't mind not dying this early in the mission. Please."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2696 on: September 29, 2014, 02:06:43 pm »

Campaign

Summon lawn mower, then! Once it's summoned, run recklessly at the octopus thing, trying to shred it with the blades!

No one gets to harass sea life without a permit! And mine is ON THESE WHIRLING BLADES OF DEFEAT!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2697 on: September 29, 2014, 07:05:47 pm »

Campaign

Campaign

"Well, I simply tried to part some shadows out of the way of a door and then the - agh - space in front of me.. exploded.. in a fury of light. No.. dammit.. no time to dodge."

The pain was agonizing for Zechariah. He'd felt worse before, but this was definitely pretty high on his scale of near-death scenarios. Okay, probably not, considering the amount of shenanigans he had to put up with in the Medium, but this was still pretty bad.

"You can harass me later for this, but for now, I kinda wouldn't mind not dying this early in the mission. Please."
His eyes narrow as you talk. He's clearly not happy about this.
He sighs and lowers his head while shaking it a bit.
"She is going to kill me when she finds out about this." he quietly says to himself as he approaches you.
He grabs your head and forcefully turns it around to get a better look at it. As he does so, he continues talking quietly, sounding a bit angry.
"We are going to have a talk when this is over. Because this is not right."
He touches the burnt part of your face. It hurts. You're fairly certain that's not proper medical procedure.
"I am not your enemy. I do not harass you. But I need you to listen to me. Or at least talk to me." he continues as he examines the rest of your body by touching it and applying pressure to it, starting from the chest and going down to your abdomen. You are not certain if he is checking for injuries or if he just wants to cause you more pain.
"You are fine. Go help the others." he adds as he lets you go and turns around.
He addresses Irene.
"Ready to continue?"

Campaign, Ike!

"Feisty little thing, innit?"

Stab until results are had or results start to appear impossible, as per previous statements.

Untsar the knife, point directly at it's core, and tsar it.
Campaign

Summon lawn mower, then! Once it's summoned, run recklessly at the octopus thing, trying to shred it with the blades!

No one gets to harass sea life without a permit! And mine is ON THESE WHIRLING BLADES OF DEFEAT!
Ike uses the momentum from his previous strike to crouch and then jump towards the thing, hitting it right in its heart. All of its tentacles start squirming. As Ike pulls back the knife and prepares to either dodge or strike again, he notices that there is multicoloured light coming out of the knife hole. However he is not able to admire it for long, given that a second later an enormous blade goes through the thing, slicing it neatly in half. The entire thing immediately stops moving. As the two pieces fall apart, a number of coloured orbs escape out of them, quickly floating away. Its insides are full of atrophied organs and pale yellow, almost rotten flesh with a small amount of a thick yellow liquid oozing out of them where they were cut.

Nikolai gets up and starts removing the now limp tentacles from the rest of his body.

Alan arrives late to the party, dragging a glowing upside down plough with him.
He looks at Ike and Nikolai standing over the dead Yellow Land Octopus.
He pokes the dead thing with the plough's blades. It doesn't react. This is unsatisfactory.
Well, you could had saved some for me.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2698 on: September 29, 2014, 07:30:50 pm »

((I am so sorry Paris {and team, and River...}
Timezones + busy :-\
Reading back))

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2699 on: September 29, 2014, 07:31:54 pm »

((I'm not really sure what River means when he says Zechariah is fine. Did he do some weird healing ability to lessen his wounds, or did he just poke him until he was assured that Zechariah wouldn't collapse like a sack of bricks? Also, I'm still not sure if the injuries would need attention, since River seemed to just dismiss Zechariah.))
Pages: 1 ... 178 179 [180] 181 182 ... 521