Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 173 174 [175] 176 177 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1127288 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Somebody set up us the bomb
« Reply #2610 on: September 21, 2014, 10:35:48 am »

((Your impressions are correct, hybrid is shorter and smaller than full-human, but takes up more total volume because of the tails.))
I leave the clothing set intended for my human form in the pack, while I adjust the set I'm wearing to fit my hybrid self, including adding tailholes. I also try to use the staging area's nature to modify the clasp on my pendant's necklace, shaping it so it clasps behind my neck and if given a strong pull it will snap open. leaving me with minimal risk of being strangled by it. I also make it double back on itself, the size of the necklace able to be adjusted by changing how much slack is kept doubled back, so I can adjust it to fit myself no matter which form I'm in.
As I work on fixing my wardrobe, I speak again to River.
"Um, It.. It seemed like you don't like me when we spoke earlier. Why did you choose to include me on this trip?"
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2611 on: September 21, 2014, 11:56:30 am »

Search the bag for string, first aid kit, fish hooks, hatchet, binoculars, compass, and a straw.
Then go join the rest at the portal.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2612 on: September 21, 2014, 12:26:43 pm »

"Hm... I just had an interesting thought."

Am I currently an elf? Or a bat person, to continue the disturbing animal people trend?

Do I look any different at all, or is the woodland camo still there as usual?

Conjure up a container of salted peanuts, if possible. Have to replenish my protein and electrolytes when teleporting, after all.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2613 on: September 21, 2014, 01:47:07 pm »

"Get off me, you idiots!"

Summon up a nice order of classic gangster Tommy guns.  Grab the first one and perforate Mr. Red.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2614 on: September 21, 2014, 01:53:02 pm »

[I have no idea how to segue into this now. Crud. ...or how we lost consciousness.
Thank you RL constraints.]

Theri was quite much the last person to regain consciousness, having missed most of what had occurred in recent note.
Looking at the equipment around her, sans her necklace, she wondered.

"We are to transport supplies somewhere?"

Carrier backpacks had a very different design than she had known here.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2615 on: September 21, 2014, 01:53:42 pm »

"I shall assist thy endeavor."

Assist by attempting to break the barrier thing using repeated kinetic blasts. If barrier thing is broken, charge at Mr. Blue and impale him. If he's dodging me, just pull him onto my shaft.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2616 on: September 21, 2014, 03:33:40 pm »

You stand next to Alan, who seems to be jiggling with excitement.
<Can you try to prevent him from killing himself again?>
"Do not worry. I know I am responsible for them. I will take care of them."
<Good. I don't want my effort to be wasted.>
Zechariah glances toward Darkstar, and then back toward the manor.
"...
Hmm."

He then turns his attention back towards Nikolai.
"You have the power of the Medium? I have the power of the big. Hehe, bad joke. I think we can work well together.
I'm from Universe number something, as the entities would call it. It wasn't very nice, the air was poison and it was very cold. Here is much better.
"
Zechariah laughed for a decent amount of time. He hadn't heard a joke like that for a long while now. That brought his spirits up a bit.
"Thanks for that. Um, I'm from one other iteration of Earth - not sure which, though. As far as I know, it's my home. Though, I could hardly call it my home now. I've been on my alter-ego's planet of Jauda more than I have Earth. Lots of turmoil on Jauda, but.. hopefully, my friends have settled something out there, now that my Shadow is gone."

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2617 on: September 21, 2014, 04:20:19 pm »

Hmm, I'm a bit worried about trying to use telepathy on a supernatural being, I don't know what would happen.  Maybe I could try using it with that man though.
There's plenty of debris outside the circle, right?  Try to use telepathy to send this message to the man outside the circle.
"I'm one of the people inside the circle.  Do you want us to attack the beings?"
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2618 on: September 21, 2014, 05:19:02 pm »

((Your impressions are correct, hybrid is shorter and smaller than full-human, but takes up more total volume because of the tails.))
I leave the clothing set intended for my human form in the pack, while I adjust the set I'm wearing to fit my hybrid self, including adding tailholes. I also try to use the staging area's nature to modify the clasp on my pendant's necklace, shaping it so it clasps behind my neck and if given a strong pull it will snap open. leaving me with minimal risk of being strangled by it. I also make it double back on itself, the size of the necklace able to be adjusted by changing how much slack is kept doubled back, so I can adjust it to fit myself no matter which form I'm in.
As I work on fixing my wardrobe, I speak again to River.
"Um, It.. It seemed like you don't like me when we spoke earlier. Why did you choose to include me on this trip?"
Not terribly important, you can do it, just asking for my imagination's sake (and because I don't wear necklaces), how would that adjustable length thing work? Got any pictures? I imagine it something like this, with the orange part being the clasp. Unless you want to change the chain into some sort of rope or leather and make an adjustable knot, which is also doable.

"I am sorry. I do not dislike you. You are good. But I do not trust your when you speak."
Now that he mentions it, you notice that his stance is more defensive than offensive when talking to you. He is not ready to pounce, he is ready to evade.
He takes a few steps backwards before turning around and walking towards Theri.

Search the bag for string, first aid kit, fish hooks, hatchet, binoculars, compass, and a straw.
Then go join the rest at the portal.

No to all of the above.
But hey, you got Alan, maybe he can summon some of the above.
And shoot them to you.

You go sit in the centre of the portal.

"Hm... I just had an interesting thought."

Am I currently an elf? Or a bat person, to continue the disturbing animal people trend?

Do I look any different at all, or is the woodland camo still there as usual?

Conjure up a container of salted peanuts, if possible. Have to replenish my protein and electrolytes when teleporting, after all.

Your ears are a bit differently shaped, more oval, but you wouldn't call yourself an elf. At least not a traditional elf. Maybe this is just a case of "Our elves are different".

Your "woodland camo" is not exactly camo. Your clothes got roughly the same colours but they are more... bland, more diffused. More like someone splashed some paint into them, not like someone painted them for camouflage.

You eat some peanuts. Too bad you aren't flying there or you could complain about the quality of those airplane peanuts.

[I have no idea how to segue into this now. Crud. ...or how we lost consciousness.
Thank you RL constraints.]

Theri was quite much the last person to regain consciousness, having missed most of what had occurred in recent note.
Looking at the equipment around her, sans her necklace, she wondered.

"We are to transport supplies somewhere?"

Carrier backpacks had a very different design than she had known here.
((Don't worry about it. You can always ask if you have any questions.
I'll move you through the portal with the others so that we can get moving.
Sorry if I'm moving too fast, just trying to get as many turns out as I can before something happens and I am busy again.))

"No, silly." River says with a smile as he helps you with your backpack.
"We are going on a trip. So we need supplies for the road ahead. To survive in the wilderness. It gets cold in the plains at night. I do not want my companions to get cold or hungry."

He holds your hand and gently leads you towards the others.

Everybody
As the last of you enter the circle, River turns to face your group.
"Thank you all for coming and helping me with this. This very important thing. I appreciate your help, even if some of you would rather not offer it to me."
He raises his arms to point his palms towards two of the green rods. The rods begin glowing, vibrating and humming.
"I will try to keep you safe. I will try to make this an experience worth having for all of you."
You are now floating a few millimetres off the ground. Everything around you except for the rods and the rest of the team starts becoming darker and darker until there is nothing left but the four rods with you in the centre floating in the void.
"With that, I would like to welcome you to the plains of-"
There's a flash of light and the world around you becomes visible again. But there are no plains around you.
"... That... wasn't supposed to happen."

The four rods are still standing around you, but the surrounding area is very different.

Its architecture looks very much like that of a cathedral, a huge empty area full of arches, domes and columns carved out of smooth grey rock. Its walls and floors lack decorations or windows, they are just smooth, seamless marble-like grey stone.

The room you are in is cross shaped and you are sitting right at the centre of the cross. The rods are standing next to the corners formed by the centre of the cross. Said corners are glowing slightly with a cyan light.

Above you is a dome with a bright cyan sphere in the middle that is illuminating the floor you are standing on, but not the rest of the room, at least not directly.

There are four exits out of the room. A bright white light is coming from one and a faint green one that intermittently gets brighter and darker from the one opposite to it. You can hear faint thunder-like rumbling coming from the green door. The other two are completely dark.

River takes a deep breath, holds it and looks towards the bright door. His eyes become completely black, save for the occasional red lighting-like spark that runs along their surface before disappearing.
After a couple of seconds, he exhales, closes his eyes, lowers his head and starts panting, like he just lifted something very heavy.
"I can not see from here." he says between breaths.
"Too much light. I have to take a closer look."
He starts walking towards the bright door.
"This room is clear. Stay here. Be careful. I do not know what has happened."
He sounds nervous.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 05:53:44 pm by Parisbre56 »
« Reply #2619 on: September 21, 2014, 05:20:21 pm »

Use my acid powers to get the person off

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2620 on: September 21, 2014, 06:57:18 pm »

Summon a big tent, still rolled up in the bag, and stuff it in my backpack.

((If I'm able to do this, that is.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2621 on: September 21, 2014, 07:24:18 pm »

Knife in hand. Cautiously investigate the green door.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2622 on: September 21, 2014, 07:24:57 pm »

Zechariah went into a defensive stance, observing his surroundings before calming down and listening to Darkstar.
He tried looking around for anything that might have been out of the ordinary, besides the two glowing doors. Maybe something that he could remember from his past.
Yet there was nothing. This was an unfamiliar place for him. Not once had he encountered this before.

He didn't know if this was a good or bad thing yet.

Observe the two non-glowing doors. Is there anything noticeable about them, or are they just stone slabs?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2623 on: September 21, 2014, 07:36:46 pm »

((close on the design, I was assuming a leather string instead of chain, there's 2 "clasps", but the second one is little more than a bar. the string goes through it once on the way to the actual clasp, loops back around a small bar on the clasp itself, goes back to the secondary bar, and then finally returns to the clasp where it is secured. to reduce the size you pull the 2 'clasps' apart, to make it bigger you pull them closer together. if you tug sharply on them however, or if they run out of room to adjust, then the actual "clasp" snaps apart into two pieces that can be snapped back together later, leaving the adjustment mechanism intact. they stay in place by the friction of all those loops and the fact that it's a tight fit around the bars.))
((It's not the prettiest design, but it doesn't look bad either, and it's very practical. also, if I have too, I can adjust it smaller in fox-form by setting it on the ground, placing my paws on the string to hold it down, and pulling on the secondary bar.))

"River, please wait! This place feels like a trap to me, didn't we get redirected from our destination to someplace unexpected? Someplace your sight is blocked would be the perfect place to hide a trap for you. I don't want to open any of the doors, couldn't we go through a wall instead?

If I worry you because you think I'm tricky, then please, let me tell you what a tricky person would do. If I knew someone really strong was going to chase me, I'd make all of these doors into traps, a different kind behind each door, and put a timed trap in this room we arrived in to force us into the others. probably something descending from the ceiling or through it since people don't look up very often."
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2624 on: September 22, 2014, 05:06:32 am »

Amon Tobin - Defocus
((close on the design, I was assuming a leather string instead of chain, there's 2 "clasps", but the second one is little more than a bar. the string goes through it once on the way to the actual clasp, loops back around a small bar on the clasp itself, goes back to the secondary bar, and then finally returns to the clasp where it is secured. to reduce the size you pull the 2 'clasps' apart, to make it bigger you pull them closer together. if you tug sharply on them however, or if they run out of room to adjust, then the actual "clasp" snaps apart into two pieces that can be snapped back together later, leaving the adjustment mechanism intact. they stay in place by the friction of all those loops and the fact that it's a tight fit around the bars.))
((It's not the prettiest design, but it doesn't look bad either, and it's very practical. also, if I have too, I can adjust it smaller in fox-form by setting it on the ground, placing my paws on the string to hold it down, and pulling on the secondary bar.))

"River, please wait! This place feels like a trap to me, didn't we get redirected from our destination to someplace unexpected? Someplace your sight is blocked would be the perfect place to hide a trap for you. I don't want to open any of the doors, couldn't we go through a wall instead?

If I worry you because you think I'm tricky, then please, let me tell you what a tricky person would do. If I knew someone really strong was going to chase me, I'd make all of these doors into traps, a different kind behind each door, and put a timed trap in this room we arrived in to force us into the others. probably something descending from the ceiling or through it since people don't look up very often."

((Ah, good, I get it now. And it's probably going to be concealed by your clothes anyway, unless you wear a dress for some reason, so looking good shouldn't be much of a concern. Hm... Dress... Dance... A mission with some sort of official dance where you have to wear fancy dresses... *scribble scribble*))

"I do not have a choice. Going through the walls would take too long. The longer we wait, the worse it is going to get. If you are concerned, then come with me."

Summon a big tent, still rolled up in the bag, and stuff it in my backpack.

((If I'm able to do this, that is.))
You lift your arm and focus on summoning a tent.
It feels harder. You start hearing a soft humming noise whose pitch slowly gets higher and then lower. A very dim blue aurora-shaped glow appears in front of you.
And then the humming stops, the glow disappears and the tent materialises. Or, at least, what you think is a tent. It's rolled into a ball, so you can't tell for sure. You shrug and put it in your backpack. Your backpack is now full.

"Oh, some of your abilities may work differently here." you hear the entity call out as he gets further away, his voice echoing in the large empty space.

Zechariah went into a defensive stance, observing his surroundings before calming down and listening to Darkstar.
He tried looking around for anything that might have been out of the ordinary, besides the two glowing doors. Maybe something that he could remember from his past.
Yet there was nothing. This was an unfamiliar place for him. Not once had he encountered this before.

He didn't know if this was a good or bad thing yet.

Observe the two non-glowing doors. Is there anything noticeable about them, or are they just stone slabs?
They're a bit too far away from here for you to see clearly, but you are certain they aren't made of stone. They look more like glass. You can see the light coming from this room illuminating a few feet beyond the doors before stopping. Now that you look a bit closer, you can't see a handle on them. They are more like windows.

Knife in hand. Cautiously investigate the green door.
You remove your knife from your backpack and cautiously approach the green doorway, your footsteps echoing across the empty room.

When you step out of the light in the centre of the room and your eyes start adjusting to the low lighting, you notice that the door you are approaching is actually transparent and lacks a handle. More like a window, actually. The dim green light is coming from behind the door. Behind the door, you can see dark rock illuminated by a dim green light that irregularly gets brighter and dimmer.

When you finally reach the door, you can see that it is a door leading outside. Said outside, however, doesn't seem like such a pleasant place.
Right outside the door, the smooth grey rock this room is made of gives its place to jagged dark rock that looks like it was just broken recently, it's edges only very slightly smoothed by erosion. The rock forms a canyon of sorts that extends away from the door, a wide corridor made of high rock walls. It gets a lot deeper the further away it goes from the door, so much so that after a while you loose sight of the floor of the canyon and thus the canyon becomes a chasm.
The sky is the source of the irregular illumination. It is a very dark green colour, like the green light has another source and is reflected from the atmosphere.

As you watch, a thick green lightning bolt crosses the sky visible above the canyon, briefly illuminating your surroundings with bright green light. You think you see something in the edge of your vision a good distance away from you, but before you can take a closer look, the lightning bolt has passed and everything is dark again. A rumble follows the passing of the lightning bolt that can be heard for quite some time afterwards.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 06:44:47 am by Parisbre56 »
Pages: 1 ... 173 174 [175] 176 177 ... 521